• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Just did a bunch of strikes and went back with a ton of rare engrams. Think I got like 6 strange coins. Something tells me Xur has something I really want.

Had 3 packages waiting for me as well. 2 Cryptarch and 1 Vanguard. Got a legendary Pulse Rifle called Super Pox VLO. Is it any good? It's the only other legendary primary I've seen so far, my first being Lord High Fixer (praise him!)

hydruxo

Who
PS4: jayforone
What
Looking to do Raid on Heroic(Level 30).
When
Tonight Thursday October 9th at around 10pm CET (GMT+2; CET+6; PST+9)

I am a Level 29 Sunsinger Warlock, with good weapons.
Vibe is relaxed and everybody 28 and over is welcome (27 is a bit low imo for this. Sorry :))

Who's up for this?

I'm down but what time is that in EST?

ValeYard

I think next week, if I can be bothered to log on, I'm going to play the RNG at it's own game and just run the Raid on hard mode from the start, so that I get double loot drops and the likelihood of getting my final gear piece will increase significantly. That will show RNGesus.

This works? I'm also ready to renounce RNGesus after three raids on normal and just ascendant shards and Hezen Vengeance to show for it. Haven't done it on hard yet though.

Bizazedo

I have no idea how they thought IB would actually work unless they restricted i to level groups.
Yeah, I have no idea if IB is even a good idea at this point. At first I was pissed that it's just normal Crucible, except this has an incentive for people to leave early since they get zero rep.

Now? TTK is already fast. I am level 29. Presumably, the only thing gear would do is make TTK the same or faster.

...so what's the point? If normal Crucible didn't allow weapon perks or individual stat differences (impact, range, ROF) to matter, then IB has a reason to exist....but normal Crucible DOES! Normal Crucible is already not fair with advantages enabled.

Complete fuck-up.

While I agree they still have a lot of work to do, I find it a bit harsh to put it this way: after all, they already adressed the one thing people were massively vocal about, backtracking from their "it's by design, we like it this way!" position.
It's one thing to point and list what are valid complaints, and it's another one to think they can all be adressed in a matter of days.

They still need to communicate more. Bungie, that is. They can deny this is an MMO. And it's not "massively"....but everything else is an MMO. That means they need to communicate more or they'll get ripped to shreds and the word of mouth will be horrible.

On the bright side :).

I got Thunderdevil shader last night. Woo!

Also, Dead Orbit's heavy machine gun from the vendor is balls. However, the one they sent me as a gift for hitting rank is amazing. So...yeah, so worthwhile to raise ranks. Also, a buddy said he got a faction sniper rifle from a faction that doesn't sell a sniper....

So, more loots are possible?

Hoodbury

Yes, I think that's where the "loot problem" comes from, because clearly Bungie intended its game to be played that way, but somehow a lot of people seem to take it as another Diablo / Borderland and look down on those vendors. Heck, look at the number of people complaining about Xur's existence!
Bungie's mistake also probably comes from the fact that those vendors hardly sell a lot of things, and the vast majority of them are pvp related. They really should increase their inventory, and give them a rotation of some sort, that way people would start considering them as the "normal" option to gear themselves, and ease down on the random loots, seeing them as a nice bonus along the way.
Once again, it all comes down to a lack of content. ^^

yep I agree. People are have so engrained in their brains from all other games that loot from vendors is second or third tier compared to drops or rewards that a lot of people still don't realize in Destiny you should be focusing on getting your rep up and buying your equipment for the most part.

Destiny went against the norm and didn't really tell anyone and its confused a lot of people. And the confused people that are still relying on random drops and the RNG are getting frustrated.

It would definitely help if they added in more options to the vendors and didn't make the side factions require Crucible marks.

The worst part is that Bungie has to put the written message on my screen that the other random player got a legendary engram and I didn't.

I generally play with only family or friends so it shouldn't be a problem, but dang do I get jelly when a public event is over and I am the only guy without my Ass shard^^

Flo_Evans

Good clear last night on the raid. Little rough on some jumping... Everyone needs to buy a wii and play some platformers :p

I got:

Duplicate raid gloves (shards)
Raid class item (holo hula skirt)
Raid rocker launcher.

Would of liked the void AR but I was still using blues in the heavy slot.

Daemul

This works? I'm also ready to renounce RNGesus after three raids on normal and just ascendant shards and Hezen Vengeance to show for it. Haven't done it on hard yet though.

Yeah, it works. I was just doing the Atheon hard mode fight with someone who hadn't done normal mode yet, and he got 2 armour pieces, a weapon and a ship.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I'm sitting at 27 waiting for raid gear before I start leveling up more. I have pretty whack luck with guns, the only purp primary I have is some cryptic something scout rifle, which I like and all, but ya know. Is it worth it to buy the Shadow Price with my vanguard points?
you'll want to hit 28. spend your marks/cook no on the piece you need to get there rather than weapons first! if you have all legendary or exotic items already, then go for shadow price

hEist

i don't know... this game is on so many ways broken.
Starting at the point, if you don't use something like gaf or destinylfg, you will never reach level 30. For the first time i used gaf this week to finally play nightfall, since none of my friends play this game or stopped playing this game, cause there is none variety in it.
But still, some people don't have the time to organize or even the contacts/friends (who play this game) to do a raid or nightfall.
This is the only "social" thing in the game. That's it. Well, you can dance...

I don't know, what people do, who don't use gaf/destinylfg or something similiar. Oh well, they stop playing this game.

The bounties are always the same. Always. Why Bungie? Why the hell isn't there someone in the company, who draft only bounties everyday? Just make the game more attractive to the people, who like the game, but cannot stand always the f same.

I don't even start talking about the strikes.

Become Legend (after you purchase our season pass. then. maybe.)

Bladelaw

I'm only missing one piece of raid armor (gloves) and I want to make sure I have enough resources to upgrade it to max as it gains XP. Which planet's material is needed? Spinmetal, Helium Filaments, Spirit Bloom, or Relic Iron?

The chest took spirit bloom and I don't remember what the boots used.

Companion app being cool as usual.

zQADIjv

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes, I think that's where the "loot problem" comes from, because clearly Bungie intended its game to be played that way, but somehow a lot of people seem to take it as another Diablo / Borderland and look down on those vendors. Heck, look at the number of people complaining about Xur's existence!
Bungie's mistake also probably comes from the fact that those vendors hardly sell a lot of things, and the vast majority of them are pvp related. They really should increase their inventory, and give them a rotation of some sort, that way people would start considering them as the "normal" option to gear themselves, and ease down on the random loots, seeing them as a nice bonus along the way.
Once again, it all comes down to a lack of content. ^^

Absolutely agreed.

JayHayabusa

Ah okay. I get off work around then so I probably won't be able to make it.

Since I am not flooded in responses for now, time is flexible. I can push it.
So far there is me and you :)

Add me on PSN and we ll sync up tonight starting from 5pm EST. I ll be checking GAF then to see if we have more people.

DesertFox

Just discovered that iron banner rep requirements go from 100 to lvl 1 to 1200 to lvl 2

2x20-Drug-Testing-Animated-gif-the-office-8678029-325-187.gif

Seeing as how you get jack shit rep for a loss and a measly 30 for a win with the emblem and shader equipped, plus the bounties are the most obscure shit yet, I'm pretty much locked out of getting anything cool from this event since real life prevents me from sitting in front of my Xbox all weekend grinding to level 3, 30 rep at a time.

Just another frustrating decision by Bungie with this game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hopefully we hit OT8 soon, oh who am I kidding, we won't be reaching gaming side again till December =/

Pitch your tent boys, Community is our new Bastion!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hopefully we hit OT8 soon, oh who am I kidding, we won't be reaching gaming side again till December =/

Pitch your tent boys, Community is our new Bastion!
There is no "hitting gaming side again"; new OTs are just made in Community.
Does the plan C exotic fusion rifle only do one type of elemental damage for everyone? Or does it come in a variety options?
Legendaries can roll for any element but Exotics are unique; Plan C is Arc.

dB Viper

Got it. Thanks.

Back to Destiny. Finally completed my exotic bounty and received the Pocket Infinity. I'd be more excited, but I randomly got Plan C fusion two days before.

I'll have to try out both to see which is better, since I've only used Plan C.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got it. Thanks.

Back to Destiny. Finally completed my exotic bounty and received the Pocket Infinity. I'd be more excited, but I randomly got Plan C fusion two days before.

I'll have to try out both to see which is better, since I've only used Plan C.
They do not overlap much in utility- both are great to keep in your arsenal.

Chitown B

just played a Skirmish game where every single time we came upon the enemies one of them had a blue shield on their health. EVERY TIME. And it seemed like they had unlimited bubbles. That's just a cheap ass way to play.

Who
PS4: jayforone
What
Looking to do Raid on Heroic(Level 30).
When
Tonight Thursday October 9th at around 10pm CET (GMT+2; EST+6; PST+9)

I am a Level 29 Sunsinger Warlock, with good weapons.
Vibe is relaxed and everybody 28 and over is welcome (27 is a bit low imo for this. Sorry :))

Who's up for this?

Note: If you are looking to add me on PSN. Please put GAF or Heroic Raid in your message.

Just sent a fr but what time are you guys going to start ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom