• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed1979

I'm assuming that the hard raid isn't treated separately from the normal raid...I mean once it's done it's done regardless of difficulty.

Klyka

Banned
I'm assuming that the hard raid isn't treated separately from the normal raid...I mean once it's done it's done regardless of difficulty.

no, normal and hard raid are two seperate things, you get loot in both.

if you do hard raid first you get loot two times for the normal at the same time.

Party Update for Heroic Raid 11pm CET

jayhayabusa (jayforone on PSN)
Klyka (Klyka1 on PSN)
death4romabove22
hydruxo
NarcissisticJay ??

Is it 10 or 11?

I'm tight on time.. Might be best to find another. 10 would give me 2 hrs

Edit: ya I'm out.. Thanks though. Gonna see if my normal difficulty raid guys wanna give a try first. Goodluck guys

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wow, why did the Devil Walker public event in the Divide get demoted to a red "Rare" event when it's always been a common one?

Source? It's popped 100% of the time I've tried for it the last few days. It's my go-to public event for all my characters.

Ourobolus

Banned
Iron Banner so far doesn't seem much different. I was running around as the top scorer on most of them with my Thorn+Comedian combo (27 Hunter). Loot drops aren't great though.

I swear to god I'm really getting tired of getting the Achilles shader. I like its look, but I've had like 8 of them drop. -.-

chewydogg

So I got Voidfang Vestments for beating Nightfall last night. Now I have that and Heart of the Praxic Fire. I'm good for chestpieces. One for each subclass! Thank you RNGesus!

He's(she?) been good to me...

Seeing people talking about the rewards they're getting from finishing strikes and crucible matches just depresses me. I have a playtime of over 4 days and the only legendary or above I've gotten from a reward screen is an exotic chest from the nightfall and a class item from the crucible. This games' randomness is just not fair at all, it's downright hostile.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's so ridiculous.

You know, when I first started playing Destiny and used Hawkian's (extremely useful and excellent) guides, I was excited by the concept that Destiny is designed to be
played on a weekly, not necessarily daily, basis.

However, there are so many design cues that reward, or require, daily play.
Well, Destiny is indeed intended to reward longitudinal play (rewards for play each day, rewards for play each week) rather than intensive play (rewards for playing as much as possible in one day). Daily Rewards are easy to obtain and common even across genres nowadays, but the Weekly rewards are also the best in the game.

The thing is that something like the Iron Banner also follows this example, it's just a little more opaque.

First off, you're certainly not intended to advance in Iron Banner reputation rank without doing bounties. The rep from turning in bounties is in turn affected by the % boost items.

Secondly, and probably most importantly, I think it's obvious that people are overlooking that the Iron Banner will be back, and while limited-time, is "cyclical" rather than "one-time" in nature. Your rank will not be reset; you do not have a solitary chance at the Iron Banner gear by the end of this week, like it may seem, but merely that length of time to rank up "until next time."

Fixed1979

No it is separate. Different (additional) loot.

no, normal and hard raid are two seperate things, you get loot in both.

if you do hard raid first you get loot two times for the normal at the same time.

Thanks. I need some weapon upgrades before I even attempt it. I should be able to hit level 29 this weekend, will be in desperate need of shards to get to 30.

The message didn't land, though. I have taken the liberty of professionally editing this image to make it more descriptive and assist new players more effectively.

fixed! patch this shit bungie!

I know I have a gif for this somewhere... oh, here it is...

thisisfuckingperfect.gif

Hawkins, Carbine, Wins, Squall, Palom.. How close to 29 are you guys?

We should see if we can make a run to at least up to the Guardian.

Lot of loot even before the end.

Flo_Evans

So that's 40 wins. At 15m per match, that's 10 hours straight winning. I guess if you're good and mostly always walk away with a win, 1.5 hours per night for one week isn't too bad. If you aren't that good and walk away with a win half of the time, that's a real tough grind filled with failures.

Yeah I really don't see how they expect anyone to get to rank 3 in a week.

Maybe thats the plan. Take it away for a few weeks then you have to do it again when it comes up again because they have nothing new.

Riptwo

I'm still a little confused about Vault of Glass loot. I finished the Vault again last night and didn't end up with much in the way of drops, so I'm hoping to run it again. I know that I can't access the chests again until next week, but will I still get a chance to roll for loot after a boss is downed? If so, I'll play through a ton more. If not, looks like I'm waiting until next Tuesday to try again!

Deku Tree

Well, Destiny is indeed intended to reward longitudinal play (rewards for play each day, rewards for play each week) rather than intensive play (rewards for playing as much as possible in one day). Daily Rewards are easy to obtain and common even across genres nowadays, but the Weekly rewards are also the best in the game.

The thing is that something like the Iron Banner also follows this example, it's just a little more opaque.

First off, you're certainly not intended to advance in Iron Banner reputation rank without doing bounties. The rep from turning in bounties is in turn affected by the % boost items.

Secondly, and probably most importantly, I think it's obvious that people are overlooking that the Iron Banner will be back, and while limited-time, is "cyclical" rather than "one-time" in nature. Your rank will not be reset; you do not have a solitary chance at the Iron Banner gear by the end of this week, like it may seem, but merely that length of time to rank up "until next time."

Do you think all the limited time missions will be back... Like the queens missions too? And the trials of orisis? Will they be cyclical too? Are there other known upcoming temporary events? Hopefully every week has something... It would have been great if Bungie had made this clear to the community... (Unless they did and I missed it.) I thought it was pointless to rank up in queens missions because they were temporary. Thanks!

Are the ranks of the Fallen determined by size or is that coincidence? The ranking hierarchy seems to be:

Archon Priests
Kells
Servitors
Captains
Vandals
Dregs
Shanks

They're determined by laziness.

JK, pretty much all MMOs have "big" versions of normals as specials or bosses, but it's pretty much all Destiny falls back on. Enemy variety is so weak in this game.

I don't want to start the Destiny Defense Force, but this really isn't true. There was nothing about Queen's Wrath or IB that requires every day play - I didn't play Queen's Wrath after the 3rd day and I haven't set foot in IB yet. Public events take all of 3 minutes, literally - they are on a timer, and if you miss a day or 3 that's totally fine. You don't really lose anything.

They require every day play if you want to actually take part in the events to earn access to gear/items.

All these reps are optional and aren't really a core part of the game. If you set a goal for yourself, and that requires every day play, that's a bit different than Bungie designing things where you have to log in daily for a few hours. The only daily event that I hate missing are the daily heroics because they are so easy for 2 shards/energies. But even if I do miss them, as with public events, I don't really lose anything permanent.

Daily Heroics and a gold star pub events give ascendant materials, so if you are looking for the best ways (as in, the way the game was designed) to earn mats, there is impetus to play every day.

Reps are optional, yes...but Hawkian just pointed out that legendary gear is endgame gear, and as everyone notes, the "best" way to get endgame gear is via factions.

Also:

I spent an unreasonable amount of time on the Queen's Wrath stuff, did all of the PVE bounties every day (PVP is not really my jam and half of them require you to be Level 2 or 3 anyway with the "equip shader, emblem, class" req) and by the end I think I was only halfway to Rank 3. :/

Also, once they "fixed" the Queen's gear giving shards, there was pretty much no reason to do more than a few of her missions other than to gamble for the sniper rifle or ship. It would have been nice to get some rep from these missions as well.

This.

Look, I really like Destiny, but the lack of content is killer. The new content they HAVE been adding is time-limited and requires some serious playtime (someone noted above you'd have to do 1.5 hours of Iron Banner WINS, each night, for a week...to reach Rep 2).

The lack of a unified vision is what hurts Destiny the most, IMO.

ryuken-d

Request sent

sweet, thanks. finally finished the raid from the start. got ice breaker and raid chest armor and ass shards and energy! best loot run ever. I'm ready to do it again.

thanks college boy and router and crap I forgot the other names.

so whats the deal with the chests do they only show every week for each person?

you'll want to hit 28. spend your marks/cook no on the piece you need to get there rather than weapons first! if you have all legendary or exotic items already, then go for shadow price
I got Shadow Price last week from the Weekly Nightfall, and I reeeeeeeally like it so far. Super fast draw, longer range scope makes it more fun to use than my fully leveled Cryptic Dragon.

Got a Void damage Unfriendly Giant for leveling up my Vangard to Rank 5 last night, it has the tracking ability. That makes 2 rocket launchers in my inventory that do that. :-D

I had to scrap all of my rare Fusion Rifles to have enough for the Pocket Infinity bounty, so last night I bought Light/Beware to help out with the next stage of the bounty. Looking forward to trying that bad boy out tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkins, Carbine, Wins, Squall, Palom.. How close to 29 are you guys?

We should see if we can make a run to at least up to the Guardian.

Lot of loot even before the end.
lol dude you must stop calling me that. no offense taken

Soo, up to the Guardian, what?

Do you think all the limited time missions will be back... Like the queens missions too? And the trials of orisis? Will they be cyclical too? Are there other known upcoming temporary events? Hopefully every week has something... It would have been great if Bungie had made this clear to the community... (Unless they did and I missed it.) I thought it was pointless to rank up in queens missions because they were temporary. Thanks!
No idea about the Queen's Wrath. It wouldn't be a horrible idea, because it could be a nice cyclical "welfare" route to get new or struggling players to level 26.

I don't know anything about the Trials of Osiris, it's still a myth so far as my eyes can see :p Only like I can say with any certainty is that Iron Banner absolutely will return.

E92 M3

Seeing people talking about the rewards they're getting from finishing strikes and crucible matches just depresses me. I have a playtime of over 4 days and the only legendary or above I've gotten from a reward screen is an exotic chest from the nightfall and a class item from the crucible. This games' randomness is just not fair at all, it's downright hostile.

Yes absolutely, Bungie did not develop any kind fail-safes. It's pure BS actually. You can keep RNG, but there needs to be some kind of consistent progress for all players.

Evil Beaver

Tried Doctor Nope in IB last night. Holy cow, talk about an exercise in futility. Don't know what was going on, but a lot of my hits just simply didn't register on enemy players.

I guess it's Suros Regime or bust in PVP.

Homeboyd

Thanks. I need some weapon upgrades before I even attempt it. I should be able to hit level 29 this weekend, will be in desperate need of shards to get to 30.
My recommendation (and this is just my personal opinion), don't rank up to 29 until you get at least one piece of raid gear. You're going to waste a TON of shards on gear you'll have to drop anyways once you get raid gear. Once you pick up your first, you can hit 29 with a maxed exotic, 1 raid piece maxed, 1 legendary maxed, and 1 regular legendary (not maxed). Sucks because you need to be 29+ to run hard raids, but you're burning so much ass shards just to get there and you still may not get raid gear for a long time... and then when you eventually do get raid gear, you won't have any shards left to max it out.

I just picked up an alt that's the same character as my main and got him to 20, so now I can throw all my main's gear on him and instantly hit 28 again. This way I can run 2 raids per week (and of course nightfalls/weekly heroics/bounties/etc...). Much better chance of getting that raid gear. Of course you can make a 3rd character and run everything 3 times a week, but good lord, hitting 20 again on a new character sucked. All those story missions again... crucible is a good method to rank up too though.

tldr; don't waste your shards hitting 29 if you have no raid gear (my PERSONAL opinion)

X-Frame

Bungie changed the time it occurs?

It didn't appear for me yesterday

It still showed up for me at the normal times. Yesterday I was even alone and the PE occured.

Source? It's popped 100% of the time I've tried for it the last few days. It's my go-to public event for all my characters.

According to destinypublicevents.com it was a Green and now a Red. He added a user reported feature so people can say if the event happened or not, so maybe that is why it changed so drastically.

I just was in The Divide and it worked for me and I was the only one there, so I'm sure it is still one of the more common ones. Strange.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tried Doctor Nope in IB last night. Holy cow, talk about an exercise in futility. Don't know what was going on, but a lot of my hits just simply didn't register on enemy players.
One of the few guns I would deem completely balls-out useless in this game. Sorry Doc. You can't cut it.
I guess it's Suros Regime or bust in PVP.
dude what! you had such great forward momentum too.
Bze54ieCMAAu68l.jpg:large

Bze5CN0CEAAbxmT.jpg:large

Bze5KPPCQAA63yu.jpg:large
Galahad-E.

Korosenai

I have yet to receive a legendary or exotic weapon from crucible matches as a reward, and ive played a looot of matches. Yesterday, within 3 games, I got Plan C and Truth. It almost blew my mind.

Definity

I've beaten the raid on normal a couple times and looking to start it on hard mode.
Any guides out there to read/watch? I know the strategies change and there is some cheese methods added in for good measure.

My recommendation (and this is just my personal opinion), don't rank up to 29 until you get at least one piece of raid gear. You're going to waste a TON of shards on gear you'll have to drop anyways once you get raid gear. Once you pick up your first, you can hit 29 with a maxed exotic, 1 raid piece maxed, 1 legendary maxed, and 1 regular legendary (not maxed). Sucks because you need to be 29+ to run hard raids, but you're burning so much ass shards just to get there and you still may not get raid gear for a long time... and then when you eventually do get raid gear, you won't have any shards left to max it out.

I just picked up an alt that's the same character as my main and got him to 20, so now I can throw all my main's gear on him and instantly hit 28 again. This way I can run 2 raids per week (and of course nightfalls/weekly heroics/bounties/etc...). Much better chance of getting that raid gear. Of course you can make a 3rd character and run everything 3 times a week, but good lord, hitting 20 again on a new character sucked. All those story missions again... crucible is a good method to rank up too though.

tldr; don't waste your shards hitting 29 if you have no raid gear (my PERSONAL opinion)

Completely agree with you. I am about to hit 28 (one light, or 4 shards, away) and think I will stay there for a while. I'll get raids done until I have accumulated raid gear/shards and will then equip it all and work it back up. Might cause me to go down a level or two, but that's ok because I know I'm now working with more "permanent" gear.

JayHayabusa

Is it doable at 28? I'd try if it was.

I'd say 28 is the minimum for a Heroic Raid. You should be fine if you have good weapons. Do you?

By any chance would you know the locations of all the chests and would this be a two part riad where we can finish it tomorrow ???

I don't know the locations by heart. In my raids always followed a friend who has done them many many times. Will try and invite him.

Reached level 30 on my titan yesterday.

I'm willing to help anyone in raids, nightfall and weekly etc.

Psn-Dhruv_Hanom

Do you want to join us tonight ?

Party Update for Heroic Raid 11pm CET

jayhayabusa (jayforone on PSN)
Klyka (Klyka1 on PSN)
death4romabove22
hydruxo
Dhruv_hanom ??

Yes absolutely, Bungie did not develop any kind fail-safes. It's pure BS actually. You can keep RNG, but there needs to be some kind of consistent progress for all players.

Isn't that where marks come in? I haven't had the best luck, but I always feel like I'm making progress, whether it's to get enough coins or motes to buy things from Xur, or getting my vanguard rep up to buy my first legendary primary. I've been at 27 for a while now, but I don't feel like I hit a wall or that I'm not progressing.

Nice work guys. Ended up with Universal Remote this run which kind of makes up how crummy the last two were.

Yeah, that wasn't too bad at all considering it was my first nightfall. Let me know if you're doing the raid and need another member though. I'd like to make up for the fact that I only got that shotgun, hah.

dmosher

Was about to log off last night and got a random message to join a raid who was on Atheon; decided what the heck it's worth a shot. I've never done the fight before and we managed to actually down him after about 10 tries.

Ended up snagging 2 AR's (Suros, Void Damage Atheons Epilogue) and the Ship, is the void damage primary on this thing any good?

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-09%20at%2011.00.37%20AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom