• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my Vanquisher from New Monarchy. It took a few weeks, getting Rank 3, then saving enough marks. Along the way The Last Word dropped for me. I'm 2 upgrades away from maxing it out and after trying a few other Lengendary weapons along the way with my Vanquisher, nothing stacks up to my Last Word. It's my baby. With the Impact, the stability upgrade, and the rate of fire, taking down enemies with head shots is so easy. No gun has allowed me to pop off muitilple kills in succession like The Last Word.

I'd say 28 is the minimum for a Heroic Raid. You should be fine if you have good weapons. Do you?

I don't know the locations by heart. In my raids always followed a friend who has done them many many times. Will try and invite him.

Do you want to join us tonight ?

Party Update for Heroic Raid 11pm CET

jayhayabusa (jayforone on PSN)
Klyka (Klyka1 on PSN)
death4romabove22
hydruxo
Dhruv_hanom ??

I would but 11 pm cet is waay too late for me :-(

Finally got my Vanquisher from New Monarchy. It took a few weeks, getting Rank 3, then saving enough marks. Along the way The Last Word dropped for me. I'm 2 upgrades away from maxing it out and after trying a few other Lengendary weapons along the way with my Vanquisher, nothing stacks up to my Last Word. It's my baby. With the Impact, the stability upgrade, and the rate of fire, taking down enemies with head shots is so easy. No gun has allowed me to pop off muitilple kills in succession like The Last Word.

Can't wait to level mine but it is slooooooooooowwwwwwww going lol.

Fixed1979

My recommendation (and this is just my personal opinion), don't rank up to 29 until you get at least one piece of raid gear. You're going to waste a TON of shards on gear you'll have to drop anyways once you get raid gear. Once you pick up your first, you can hit 29 with a maxed exotic, 1 raid piece maxed, 1 legendary maxed, and 1 regular legendary (not maxed). Sucks because you need to be 29+ to run hard raids, but you're burning so much ass shards just to get there and you still may not get raid gear for a long time... and then when you eventually do get raid gear, you won't have any shards left to max it out.

I just picked up an alt that's the same character as my main and got him to 20, so now I can throw all my main's gear on him and instantly hit 28 again. This way I can run 2 raids per week (and of course nightfalls/weekly heroics/bounties/etc...). Much better chance of getting that raid gear. Of course you can make a 3rd character and run everything 3 times a week, but good lord, hitting 20 again on a new character sucked. All those story missions again... crucible is a good method to rank up too though.

tldr; don't waste your shards hitting 29 if you have no raid gear (my PERSONAL opinion)

Totally agree with you...I have all my raid gear and exotic helm ready to go. Just need to spend time getting it leveled up, I did save some shards but I somehow managed to get all my gear a lot quicker than expected.

Lots of people seem to have no issues leveling a second toon of the same class, but I can't bring myself to do it. My main is a Titan and I have a level 12 lock and 11 hunter I'm slowly working on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd say 28 is the minimum for a Heroic Raid. You should be fine if you have good weapons. Do you?
I have a Vision of Confluence scout rifle maxed out and a Void Supremacy sniper that's close. They worked will on then normal raid, but I have no idea if they'd be effective on the Hard raid.

jred2k

I knew there was no way this had left the first page through lack of posts!

I'm really surprised how much Destiny has held my attention a month after launch. There are other games out, but every time I sit down to play something all I want to play is Destiny. I really feel like I'm missing something if I skip a day.

Anyone else keep getting disconnected?

Over the past couple nights I've been getting disconnected randomly while playing. My connection stays around 20-30mb download so it doesn't seem like I'm dropping speeds. I'm the only one in my party who experiences it too.

Was about to log off last night and got a random message to join a raid who was on Atheon; decided what the heck it's worth a shot. I've never done the fight before and we managed to actually down him after about 10 tries.

Ended up snagging 2 AR's (Suros, Void Damage Atheons Epilogue) and the Ship, is the void damage primary on this thing any good?

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-09%20at%2011.00.37%20AM.png

That thing fully upgraded is a beast in the VoG! People who have them can rip through shielded enemies and oracles like butter.

Man, the nightfall this week was surprisingly easy compared to having to solo it in the tiger strike the other day.

I got Thunderlord. Any impressions on it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The difference between 28 and 29 for the Hard mode raid is quite a bit of lost DPS for something with so little room for error. I really can't imagine heading in at 28 personally, but as long as your group is patient and understanding go for it!
Man, the nightfall this week was surprisingly easy compared to having to solo it in the tiger strike the other day.

I got Thunderlord. Any impressions on it?
Great machine gun, you'll get over the slow rate of fire quickly. becomes lulzy during arc burns.

Homeboyd

Was about to log off last night and got a random message to join a raid who was on Atheon; decided what the heck it's worth a shot. I've never done the fight before and we managed to actually down him after about 10 tries.

Ended up snagging 2 AR's (Suros, Void Damage Atheons Epilogue) and the Ship, is the void damage primary on this thing any good?

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-09%20at%2011.00.37%20AM.png
It's very good. Maxed out, you won't turn back. I have a hard light I don't touch b/c of this gun.

Isn't that where marks come in? I haven't had the best luck, but I always feel like I'm making progress, whether it's to get enough coins or motes to buy things from Xur, or getting my vanguard rep up to buy my first legendary primary. I've been at 27 for a while now, but I don't feel like I hit a wall or that I'm not progressing.

That's true but the fact that there is a cap on marks per week is stupid. Last week I was saving money to buy the Shadow Price and I hit the cap while being stuck at 141 marks. At that point what's the point of continuous play if you're not gonna get shit for it. I guess you could keep doing it for reputation but that takes forever to grind out.

does anyone know how to get the banner behind my character to change on bungie.net? right now its dead orbit but I only have a DO class item equiped for like 2 seconds.

ryuken-d

Isn't that where marks come in? I haven't had the best luck, but I always feel like I'm making progress, whether it's to get enough coins or motes to buy things from Xur, or getting my vanguard rep up to buy my first legendary primary. I've been at 27 for a while now, but I don't feel like I hit a wall or that I'm not progressing.

I was at lvl27 for ever! the longest time, but that was before I knew about the best way to get ass shards, and before I did the raid. puplic events, raids. finally hit 28 then I had to replace my exotic chest with a raid chest so I could use my exotic helm. ugh now i need more ass shards I'm back at lvl27. :)

Flo_Evans

My recommendation (and this is just my personal opinion), don't rank up to 29 until you get at least one piece of raid gear. You're going to waste a TON of shards on gear you'll have to drop anyways once you get raid gear. Once you pick up your first, you can hit 29 with a maxed exotic, 1 raid piece maxed, 1 legendary maxed, and 1 regular legendary (not maxed). Sucks because you need to be 29+ to run hard raids, but you're burning so much ass shards just to get there and you still may not get raid gear for a long time... and then when you eventually do get raid gear, you won't have any shards left to max it out.

I just picked up an alt that's the same character as my main and got him to 20, so now I can throw all my main's gear on him and instantly hit 28 again. This way I can run 2 raids per week (and of course nightfalls/weekly heroics/bounties/etc...). Much better chance of getting that raid gear. Of course you can make a 3rd character and run everything 3 times a week, but good lord, hitting 20 again on a new character sucked. All those story missions again... crucible is a good method to rank up too though.

tldr; don't waste your shards hitting 29 if you have no raid gear (my PERSONAL opinion)

Agree. I really don't think 28>29 makes any difference in the normal raid, you may have slightly higher def but you don't seem to do any more damage.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah my Last Word was the first gun I maxxed out and it is a beast. It's just so satisfying to use and it really clears everything out, even from a distance. The only negative is when there are a bunch of weak enemies rushing you. Only 8 shots isn't a lot.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yes absolutely, Bungie did not develop any kind fail-safes. It's pure BS actually. You can keep RNG, but there needs to be some kind of consistent progress for all players.

Vanguard and crucible marks are the failsafe. You can get to 29 with vendor gear.

Fuck the RNG in the raid, 3 weeks of playing the Raid on normal and hard mode have yielded me only two armour pieces, the rest has been fricken shards, energy, the same shader multiple times, duplicate weapons, sparrow and ship. What makes it hilarious is that many people have raided as much as me, and gotten no Raid gear at all, which just goes to show how broken the whole thing is.

I think next week, if I can be bothered to log on, I'm going to play the RNG at it's own game and just run the Raid on hard mode from the start, so that I get double loot drops and the likelihood of getting my final gear piece will increase significantly. That will show RNGesus.

I've heard that just running it on hard only is a little smarter, people have experienced more satisfying drops. I wonder if that's true?

JayHayabusa

Any spots available?

Party Update for Heroic Raid 11pm CET

jayhayabusa (jayforone on PSN)
Klyka (Klyka1 on PSN)
death4romabove22
hydruxo
ZROCOOL

Note: All spots are taken for now. Leaving one spot for a friend. If there are drop outs when the time comes I will let you all know.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Agree. I really don't think 28>29 makes any difference in the normal raid, you may have slightly higher def but you don't seem to do any more damage.
I believe that this is correct, there is no DPS difference whatsoever in the normal raid, but a large one toward the Heroic raid.

Shito

I've got too many exotic bounties taking up my bounty slots. Destiny first world problems.
I've done from 3 to 10 bounties each day ever since the game came out, and I've still to see an exotic bounty.
Best I've had was a ship blueprint.
Yesterday.

Tried Doctor Nope in IB last night. Holy cow, talk about an exercise in futility. Don't know what was going on, but a lot of my hits just simply didn't register on enemy players.

I guess it's Suros Regime or bust in PVP.

I have great success with Shadow Price and a maxed out Galahad-E.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah well, guess I'll just stick around for Normal next week.

This just seems like yet another way to make sure you don't burn through the game too fast. Just force people to keep getting shards instead of raid gear.

does anyone know how to get the banner behind my character to change on bungie.net? right now its dead orbit but I only have a DO class item equiped for like 2 seconds.

I assumed it always showed the banner of whatever faction you had the most rep for. I had a New Monarchy one before I decided to do DO instead and that's what I have now. Have you gained rep for any other faction besides DO?

Bizazedo

Seriously, Bungie, your average gamer will not understand this game properly. :(

I am teaching real life buds about the game. I actually would love to try to help the guys going for the hard mode raid tonight, but I already am trying to take my real life buds through on a Normal raid tonight.

One's 29, lowest is 26, and we have one spot to fill (ANYONE AROUND 8:30 EST WANT TO TRY? I have completed it), so it'll be fun taking newbs in....but yeah, they know nothing that we do. Well, mostly...29 knows some stuff.

It's crazy.
Tried Doctor Nope in IB last night. Holy cow, talk about an exercise in futility. Don't know what was going on, but a lot of my hits just simply didn't register on enemy players.

I guess it's Suros Regime or bust in PVP.
Naw. Vanquisher VIII, Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, Shingen, all work in PvP.

Nope and Epilogue are strictly PvE.

ryuken-d

I've done from 3 to 10 bounties each day ever since the game came out, and I've still to see an exotic bounty.
Best I've had was a ship blueprint.
Yesterday.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong, I got the machine gun exotic bounty but I havent seen any since and that was awhile ago. do they just show up at eth post office robot or what?

ryuken-d

I am teaching real life buds about the game. I actually would love to try to help the guys going for the hard mode raid tonight, but I already am trying to take my real life buds through on a Normal raid tonight.

One's 29, lowest is 26, and we have one spot to fill (ANYONE AROUND 8:30 EST WANT TO TRY? I have completed it), so it'll be fun taking newbs in....but yeah, they know nothing that we do. Well, mostly...29 knows some stuff.

It's crazy.

Naw. Vanquisher VIII, Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, Shingen, all work in PvP.

Nope and Epilogue are strictly PvE.

wait thats, 6 hours ahead of the west coast? damn never mind. I dont think I'll be up that late. I would love to do the raid again. it was very good to me last night. good luck with the raid newbies, we had a couple of guys who took us through last night and some of the sections were hilarious, like the platforming and the portals haha! we did it though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like I'm doing something wrong, I got the machine gun exotic bounty but I havent seen any since and that was awhile ago. do they just show up at eth post office robot or what?
It's totally random and happens when you turn in a bounty.

I got my 4th one in relatively short order, so...

Yaari

Anyone get consecutive rewards in Crucible? Seems you often miss out if you got something the game prior to that.

Bizazedo

wait thats, 6 hours ahead of the west coast? damn never mind. I dont think I'll be up that late. I would love to do the raid again. it was very good to me last night. good luck with the raid newbies, we had a couple of guys who took us through last night and some of the sections were hilarious, like the platforming and the portals haha! we did it though.

Last I checked, East Coast US was only 3 hours ahead of West Coast US.

/smug.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How did you guys do, Hawk?
Most excellently. I think two people got raid gear pieces. I got the same Exotic I got the night before from the Nightfall ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ many enershards! And tried a new way to get to the second chest that just blew my mind. The intricacies of the Vault of Glass are many.
Did you beat it in one sitting?
Oh you know it.
Did everything seem to go much smoother?
Night and day. With the perspective of having beaten it, I can honestly say that the Gatekeeper part is tougher than Atheon, but we made one tweak to our strategy which will make it much easier next time (after I get the first relic I'm solo defending the Green [apparently it's not Venus :X] gate, other two people defend the center).

Atheon we almost got on our third try even despite Carbine disconnecting/reconnecting in the middle of the fight- it was CLOSE. Knocked him out after two more and no one was panicking at all the last run, felt awesome. Look forward to running it with the full original crew next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom