• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futaba

Wow. How'd you do it? How long?

Was a Titan on main char, saved the lowest level knight armors i would decrypt from blue engrams (lvl 16), along with the fully upgraded strangers rifle, did every bounty offered and used hardest setting possible (and do-able) each time, about 6 hours total, litterally beasting through as much as possible.
other than the gear i passed over for level 16 everyone else was from green engrams / rewards for completing missions - i completed the endgame story mission at level 15.
I did the venus strike mission for one of the bounties at level 13 (that was interesting).
Got some screenies of that strikes finish, i was able to complete both the standing tall, and nexus strike bounties at once (somehow i didn't die once, haha)

Maledict

I think that you trigger the exotic bounty when you turn 5 bounties of the same faction at the same time. I turned 5 vanguard bounties and got an exotic bounty for a Machine Gun and turn 5 vanguard bounties and got an exotic bounty for a Fusion Rifle.

Can absolutely guarantee this isn't the case. I've received exotic bounties after handing in 3 bounties and after handing in 1.

Swag

OMG

I just got an Ice Breaker from a Vanguard Tiger Playlist

The only gun I still needed
TadkV.gif
p0QHO.gif

Praise RNGesus

Sanke__

So if i beat the normal mode raid then play it again on hard in the same week with the same character, what loot can i get?

Nameless

Going back to the public events talk a couple pages back, I just gotta say, love them. I reached most of my marks quota for the week faster doing them than I have been doing tiger strikes. Yes, destinypublicevents works and quite well(about 80% for me). Instances might be late/early by a minute or two, but If you set things up right you can knock out multiple events really quickly. I literally hit 3 on Mars in well under 10 mintues. Legendary engrams have even dropped a couple of times during battles. Not that this is tied to the event, necessarily, but putting yourself in situations where your're quickly engaged against waves of enemies increases your chances of quality drops(obviously).

Hopefully they continue to refine them and add more. It's one the most fun and fruitful activities in the game. Nevermind the whole meta sub-game of tracking events with sites & apps, thinking through the logistics, barely reaching one event then racing across the planet to hit another, or hopping between worlds. It's not an aspect of the game I anticipated, but gels really really well with the greater Destiny experience.

With there's already being companion app it's kinda odd that Bungie themselves aren't tapping into the potential here.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Which hand cannon can he sell?

Edit: Is the Devil You Know better than Thorn because I see people mention it so often.
Not comparable. The Devil You Know is a balanced, reliable, one-size-fits-all, never-leaves-your-side kind of weapon that is very good in all areas with nothing that particularly stands out about it.

Thorn is an extremely limited-use weapon with a unique DoT effect not found on any other gun, hamstrung by a tiny magazine and brutal reload speed. It can be used to fantastic effect in the Crucible and back in PvE too with some builds, but you REALLY need to build around it.

Bizazedo

I have my Titan subclass set to drop orbs of light with every melee kill and Its a sure 1 hit kill every time. My team runs through strikes and such like its nothing. Also gives me an automatic oversheild, lol.

I am so pissed I didn't think of this right now. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

....but the orb part doesn't require the STR stat it sounds like, just melee kills right?

Okay first off, the comment I was referring to was "melee isn't big in this game." Not "the melee skill cooldown stat isn't as effective as the other two across the board for PvP." I use melee of some kind constantly; as you note, Shotgun + Melee (or Hand Cannon + melee) will kill with or without the skill.
Fair enough. Lot of discussions going around, so I merged all comments in to PvP. PvE is so easy and melee so useless on the hard stuff, it didn't really enter my thought process :(.

Wait why are you necessarily sacrificing either? Armor stats feature 2/3 of the possible choices...
I like to have 100% on skills. My STR does have some +'s due to hitting caps, but it's low.
Playstyle prefence but Flame Shield is 100% irreplaceable to me. I love it so, so, so much and want it up as much as humanly possible.
This is always the most important. I'd never viciously tell anyone they're doing it wrong if they focus on STR. The game is broken in so many ways, it's hard to get too crazy max-minning.

That and I already mentioned Warlock builds seem to have very viable reasons to up their STR. They also have amazing range on their melee.
I get that point entirely. Totally agree, for most builds that is completely accurate. Again, I was replying to, "melee isn't big in this game"- not my experience at all.

Acrylic up there opened my eyes to some stuff, but I guess besides that, my main point is the +STR stat usefulness is so far below the other two for most class builds it's kind of crazy. Especially as a lot of stuff isn't necessarily "Storm Fist kills do X", but "Melee kills do X".

I have Storm Fist increase my Super, don't get me wrong :). I just don't view a melee kill as reliable enough to focus around it (for PvP) and for PvE...well, stuff you could use it, you don't need it except to go faster....and for raids or most nightfalls, it's close to suicide on some of the fights.

Flo_Evans

Going back to the public events talk a couple pages back, I just gotta say, love them. I reached most of my marks quota for the week faster doing them than I have been doing tiger strikes. Yes, destinypublicevents works and quite well(about 80% for me). Instances might be late/early by a minute or two, but If you set things up right you can knock out multiple events really quickly. I literally hit 3 on Mars in well under 10 mintues. Legendary engrams have even dropped a couple of times during battles. Not that this is tied to the event, necessarily, but putting yourself in situations where your're quickly engaged against waves of enemies increases your chances of quality drops(obviously).

Hopefully they continue to refine them and add more. It's one the most fun and fruitful activities in the game. Nevermind the whole meta sub-game of tracking events with sites & apps, thinking through the logistics, barely reaching one event then racing across the planet to hit another, or hopping between worlds. It's not an aspect of the game I anticipated, but gels really really well with the greater Destiny experience.

With there's already being companion app it's kinda odd that Bungie themselves aren't tapping into the potential here.

I love them too.

Tempted to buy the faster speeded so I can do them faster... but I'm sure it will drop for me soon.

Futaba

Going back to the public events talk a couple pages back, I just gotta say, love them.

I'd really love a public event where you have to shoot down one of the carriers while it's bombarding you all with its weapons fire, and periodically dropping it's minions.
That'd be fun.

Now that I am semi-legend and have mad stories, aka multiple exotic weapons. I now see why there is no load out option or quick weapon switch mapped to buttons. It would completely undermine the "only one exotic weapon equipped at a time" restriction if we could rapidly switch load outs. I understand the one exotic armor restriction as that regulates your total Light, but I don't get why I can't have an exotic in every weapon slot.

anddo0

All I want from Xur this week is a exotic hunter helm and the ice breaker.

Since I didn't purchase anything last week. I'm currently sitting out 58 motes of light, and 48 strange coins.. Bring on Xur weekend!

Now that I am semi-legend and have mad stories, aka multiple exotic weapons. I now see why there is no load out option or quick weapon switch mapped to buttons. It would completely undermine the "only one exotic weapon equipped at a time" restriction if we could rapidly switch load outs. I understand the one exotic armor restriction as that regulates your total Light, but I don't get why I can't have an exotic in every weapon slot.

too much legend

dengatron

after getting an ice breaker from IB last night, and from the 2 others in my regular raid group that have it, i can only hope the rest of you get a chance to get one. if xur has it, however, prepare for pvp to start being worse than suros town.

Sullichin

I had a dream last night that I was buying other retail PS4 games just so I could dismantle them for ascendant shards in Destiny... it made sense at the time.
Business model for Destiny 2??

xur is bringing me the icebreaker. I just know it.

I'll try to help you will this into existence. After I get Icebreaker, it's just a matter of waiting for a primary with elemental damage to drop from the raid. That's it, done...upgrade the hell out of them and then try to enjoy PvP. Maybe PvP will be better balanced by then.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am so pissed I didn't think of this right now. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

....but the orb part doesn't require the STR stat it sounds like, just melee kills right?
It's "while Force Barrier is active," so, tied to it in a sense. I imagine his build uses Unbreakable to great effect along with Gift of Light.
Acrylic up there opened my eyes to some stuff, but I guess besides that, my main point is the +STR stat usefulness is so far below the other two for most class builds it's kind of crazy. Especially as a lot of stuff isn't necessarily "Storm Fist kills do X", but "Melee kills do X".

I have Storm Fist increase my Super, don't get me wrong :). I just don't view a melee kill as [reliable enough to focus around it (for PvP) and for PvE...well, stuff you could use it, you don't need it except to go faster....and for raids or most nightfalls, it's close to suicide on some of the fights.
definitely near-useless in the raid and anything with Lightswitch active, for sure.

anddo0

after getting an ice breaker from IB last night, and from the 2 others in my regular raid group that have it, i can only hope the rest of you get a chance to get one. if xur has it, however, prepare for pvp to start being worse than suros town.

I'd trade all 5 of my legendary sniper rifles for it :(

Flo_Evans

I think the handling speed is too slow for PVP honestly. I do have the quick aim on it though that helps, it is still hard to track players at most distances on most maps. Moon map though it is money.

void666

Banned
Is there a trick to this weeks nightfall ? Tried it last night and was unable to do it.. Was really slow going trying to stay near the entrance

Stay under the platform to the right of the archon priest pod. There's a place in the back where you can duck to dodge incoming fire. If you have a good void sniper rifle it's piece of cake.

Google nightfall solo videos posted this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom