• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this talk about Icebreaker, but I never stopped to wonder if there were any other snipers with infinite ammo like the ice man. Lets be honest, that's why we all want this thing, but I'd rather it not take up an exotic spot.

dengatron

I think the handling speed is too slow for PVP honestly. I do have the quick aim on it though that helps, it is still hard to track players at most distances on most maps. Moon map though it is money.
Yeah its pretty difficult to use but even body shots are close to 1 shot kills and there are tons of long line of sight spots on even the most shotty oriented maps. All about the fact that the snipera never have to go for ammo even if theyre just letting rounds fly

Warlocks have really had their buttholes widened by Xur

He needs to have the sunsinger chest

No more Sunbreaker repeats or shitty helmets

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's better for PvE? Gunslinger or Bladedancer?
For top tier Hunter play in PvE it's crucial to remember you can Switch subclasses at will. Gunslinger has more utility and raw DPS in a majority of cases, but switching to Bladedancer for Stealth revives or in the case of an Arc burn is critical.

Flo_Evans

All of this talk about Icebreaker, but I never stopped to wonder if there were any other snipers with infinite ammo like the ice man. Lets be honest, that's why we all want this thing, but I'd rather it not take up an exotic spot.

I think ice breaker and invective are the only regenerating ammo guns?

Future

I've seen my friend get killed by mobs/bosses sooo many times when blade dancing. I'd say Gunslinger is more effective in PVE. Bladedancer for PVP.

Blade dancer is good for the invisibility buffs though. Super near worthless for damage, but a god send for invisibility if you need to run somewhere to revive on a hard PvE like nightfall. Crouch and melee invisibility also useful

Marvel

could never
Haha you silly man, that is obviously the Heart Break Kid Shawn Micheals.

ibyyyepKMXxZ1L.jpg

For top tier Hunter play in PvE it's crucial to remember you can Switch subclasses at will. Gunslinger has more utility and raw DPS in a majority of cases, but switching to Bladedancer for Stealth revives or in the case of an Arc burn is critical.

Yep. Luckily it worked out that I have a gunslinger exotic helm, and a bladedancer exotic chest. I just have to remember to switch up my gear as well as subclass. Thanks Xur!

Also, it would be nice to be able to save a handful of loadouts.

Deku Tree

I'm creating my first alts. I want to play all three classes. I don't care about fighting rng to get the best raid gear asap. For my hunter alt I'll level gunslinger first. What is the best subclass to level first for a Titan in pve? Thanks!

Flo_Evans

Yeah its pretty difficult to use but even body shots are close to 1 shot kills and there are tons of long line of sight spots on even the most shotty oriented maps. All about the fact that the snipera never have to go for ammo even if theyre just letting rounds fly

The rate of fire is pretty slow though and you still need a follow up if you miss the headshot.

I have the prudence II new monarchy sniper that is much quicker to aim (low power scope) and much higher follow up shots. If anything the game gives you too much special ammo in PvP, never really ran out of sniper rounds but I am usually not camping - unless I have ice breaker out :)

Fitts

It fills my exotic weapon allotment in pve 90%+ of the time. Also, there's a bit of an exploit you can leverage with its regenerating ammo. If you let it regenerating to full and swap weapons you'll have half of the maximum amount of ammo for whatever you equip. With last week's arc burn modifier in nightfall I used Ice Breaker to "replenish" Patience and Time's ammo. There were no survivors.

ElRenoRaven

It fills my exotic weapon allotment in pve 90%+ of the time. Also, there's a bit of an exploit you can leverage with its regenerating ammo. If you let it regenerating to full and swap weapons you'll have half of the maximum amount of ammo for whatever you equip. With last week's arc burn modifier in nightfall I used Ice Breaker to "replenish" Patience and Time's ammo. There were no survivors.

Yup same here. It's awesome as hell in PVE.

Acrylic7

I am so pissed I didn't think of this right now. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

....but the orb part doesn't require the STR stat it sounds like, just melee kills right?

yeah just melee kills. I usually just run around bashing everything I see unless it has a yellow bar Weak enemys come in droves by the minute lol.

anddo0

Blade dancer is good for the invisibility buffs though. Super near worthless for damage, but a god send for invisibility if you need to run somewhere to revive on a hard PvE like nightfall. Crouch and melee invisibility also useful

My team of Hunters stealthed through most of the Nightfall.
Invisibility+Extended invisibility are worth their weight in gold.

Yep. Luckily it worked out that I have a gunslinger exotic helm, and a bladedancer exotic chest. I just have to remember to switch up my gear as well as subclass. Thanks Xur!

A loadout system would be amazing

Futaba

i don't really like the suros, truth be told, I need a new primary, any suggestions?

The rate of fire when scoped is just a shade too slow for my liking, to a point that i genuinely bugs me.

Now that I am semi-legend and have mad stories, aka multiple exotic weapons. I now see why there is no load out option or quick weapon switch mapped to buttons. It would completely undermine the "only one exotic weapon equipped at a time" restriction if we could rapidly switch load outs. I understand the one exotic armor restriction as that regulates your total Light, but I don't get why I can't have an exotic in every weapon slot.

They could allow loadout switching and still impose the ammo penalty. Would make things more streamlined without really changing anything. I can get in and out of inventory very quickly, but it is still annoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Totally situational. I swap out multiple times during Nightfall and strikes.
Gunslinger all the way for damaging bosses. Since most of them will one shot you as Bladedancer.
my man.

edit: Though bladedancer is awesome in this week's Nightfall for the canyon entrance strategy.

I passed on the Achylophage, just not really my bag, but the Gunslinger gauntlets I want are the top of my most desired items. I have no clue if Xur can even stock them... but come on Exotic gauntlet Engram!

Homeboyd

i don't really like the suros, truth be told, I need a new primary, any suggestions?

The rate of fire when scoped is just a shade too slow for my liking, to a point that i genuinely bugs me.
Atheon's epilogue or vision of confluence (both raid weapons). Both fucking amazing.

If no raid weapons, hard light? Vanquisher? Shadow Price? All good AR's.

Strider

My post count is so much lower in this OT than previous ones. Idk if that's a good thing or a bad thing :p

Noticed on twitch people are testing out Iron Banner with level 2s and 3s... Is the gear stuff not working properly? I have barely played the event.

Flo_Evans

My poor Monte Carlo. It just sits there gathering dust. Anyone actually use this weapon?

My post count is so much lower in this OT than previous ones. Idk if that's a good thing or a bad thing :p

Noticed on twitch people are testing out Iron Banner with level 2s and 3s... Is the gear stuff not working properly? I have barely played the event.

The levels are a lie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm creating my first alts. I want to play all three classes. I don't care about fighting rng to get the best raid gear asap. For my hunter alt I'll level gunslinger first. What is the best subclass to level first for a Titan in pve? Thanks!
Strikers seem fun as hell, but Defender is the only answer to this question. Weapons of Light can literally reduce boss kill times by up to one-third (with Illuminated).

realcZk

No! MIDA Multi-Tool

MIDA needs a buff :( Was the first exotic I got from a Nightfall and I have it fully upgraded. It's decent but pretty bad compared to pretty much any other weapon I have for PvE and especially PvP. At its current state it's pretty useless taking 23 shots to drop on oracle on VoG hard mode too. The radar on the side also never points to materials/chests for me, it points in one direction for the entirety of a chest run.

I'm hoping that Scout Rifle buff is pretty significant because I'd love to use the gun...

Strider

My poor Monte Carlo. It just sits there gathering dust. Anyone actually use this weapon?

I have it fully upgraded as it was my first exotic weapon... The other exotics are just so much better. Gun needs a buff as it's not useful and I always opt for something else.

The levels are a lie.
No. It's terrible.

Bungie didn't put any effort into the Playstation content. Hell the Dust Palace is basically just an extra room added onto a story mission.

And then there's the Vanguard content. 😒

blackflag

NOPE it's terrible. I wonder how much worse it will get with the AR nerf. Been using Suros.

Got Mida Multi Tool last night and it is cool and fun but Scouts need a huge buff. It's ridiculous the small amount of damage they do compared to an AR. In situations where I would absolutely decimate everything with an AR I would get overwhelmed.

1 crit from a scout rifle does like the same as 2 crits from an auto rifle yet the auto rifle is just spitting out bullets.

I hope that buff is real good because I'd much rather use this scout in PVE.

Flo_Evans

Strikers seem fun as hell, but Defender is the only answer to this question. Weapons of Light can literally reduce boss kill times by up to one-third (with Illuminated).

Striker is fun as hell, but worthless against bosses. Good for clearing adds sometimes, but always leaves you vulnerable for at least 1-2 good hits.

You are hurting the team if not raiding defender tho. :(

EL CUCO

Seems that my Hunter armor has a ton of perks for a Handcannon...a gun that I do not have.

I regret going for Invective bounty, now :( Hopefully RNGesus would bless me with the Hawkmoon
since everybody else seems to be getting it :/

I was playing Iron Banner yesterday and a level 9 was completely dominating. I don't what to think really

Strider

Striker is fun as hell, but worthless against bosses. Good for clearing adds sometimes, but always leaves you vulnerable for at least 1-2 good hits.

You are hurting the team if not raiding defender tho. :(

Striker Titans are very good at helping to clear out the adds during the teleporting phase of the Atheon fight. Since you have a guaranteed super charged each time you just throw your grenade then run forward and FoH. So it has it's one time to shine during the raid at least.

Seems that my Hunter armor has a ton of perks for a Handcannon...a gun that I do not have.

I regret going for Invective bounty, now :( Hopefully RNGesus would bless me with the Hawkmoon
since everybody else seems to be getting it :/
Get the Devil Hand cannon from the vanguard if you have enough reps. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom