• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
my man.

edit: Though bladedancer is awesome in this week's Nightfall for the canyon entrance strategy.

I passed on the Achylophage, just not really my bag, but the Gunslinger gauntlets I want are the top of my most desired items. I have no clue if Xur can even stock them... but come on Exotic gauntlet Engram!

What do the gauntlets do? I just went with Achylophage since it was the first (and so far only) piece of gear that had a gunslinger specific perk. The fourth round for the golden gun kind of suck compared to something like the Titan Helm that blinds enemies in the bubble, but i guess it's something.

The void subclass for the Hunter better be fucking awesome in PvE since they drew the short stick as of now.

Bizazedo

Why don't all exotic primaries have elemental damage? That's the real question we should be asking...
Most likely to encourage people to raid. Same with why they refuse to put armor that can get us to level 30 outside the raid.

Hell, I'd still do the raid for the ship / sparrow / hard mode weapons like Mythoclast and the helm, for looks, but the "need" would be gone.

Striker is fun as hell, but worthless against bosses. Good for clearing adds sometimes, but always leaves you vulnerable for at least 1-2 good hits.

You are hurting the team if not raiding defender tho. :(

I dunno. If you have several Defender Titans already, going Striker is wise. Fist of Havoc will still annihilate many adds and the blind grenade is godlike. Aftershock from Fist of Havoc will also serve as a way to "close off" a path briefly.

RedFury

Lol WTF?!!!! I just went in to a losing IB stuck it out the 10 seconds it lasted, last on the scoreboard. Got my first exotic "patience and time", I'm so happy. Do shite and get exotics confirmed.

I passed on the Achylophage, just not really my bag, but the Gunslinger gauntlets I want are the top of my most desired items. I have no clue if Xur can even stock them... but come on Exotic gauntlet Engram!

Hopefully you get them but if not, the moment trading comes into the game, I'll toss you mine. Got it as post reward for Nightfall last week and nothing on it lines up with my builds.

Can't bring myself to shard it though because it's literally the best looking piece of Hunter gear in the game.

Lol WTF?!!!! I just went in to a losing IB stuck it out the 10 seconds it lasted, last on the scoreboard. Got my first exotic "patience and time", I'm so happy. Do shite and get exotics confirmed.

I realize you're probably joking but I wish people would let go of that idea, even as a joke. The very first game of IB I played I got second place on the winning team and got Mida Multi-Tool. Random is random. While there's no inherent benefit to loot rewards in doing the best, there's also no benefit in doing badly.

Haines

Banned
Sitting here thinking all day whether I really want to keep playing this game and I think I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy but its serious missteps add up to taking some fun out of the end game as there isn't much left to enjoy.

I think I'm happy with the game but after what feels like a ton of hours in the game..I'm ready to just jump on when its patched from time to time or check out an event beat a weekly etc.

No more daily grind for me.

Marvel

could never
Yes, but I want it. Therefore, it must happen.

I will throw some bird bones across a ouija board, whisper the incantation of the Squid Lords and then finally... sacrifice a virgin moth by feeding it to a cat, so this does not happen.

Homeboyd

Most likely to encourage people to raid. Same with why they refuse to put armor that can get us to level 30 outside the raid.

Hell, I'd still do the raid for the ship / sparrow / hard mode weapons like Mythoclast and the helm, for looks, but the "need" would be gone.
Yeah but the raid gear is that incentive. Can't rank up without it. It's just odd that so many legendary weapons are already better than exotics... especially raid weapons.

I will throw some bird bones across a ouija board, whisper the incantation of the Squid Lords and then finally... sacrifice a virgin moth by feeding it to a cat, so this does not happen.
Please do. No multi-tool... thing sucks.

Marvel

could never

The people in that game hate you so very much.

Acrylic7

Iv seen this in person way to many times. Im starting to think something is up with being the worst in pvp. I'm going to not do anything and see what happens.

Bizazedo

The buffs and tweaks need to come next week.

I was playing Iron Banner yesterday and a level 9 was completely dominating. I don't what to think really
I really want to hear / read Bungie comments on both of these items.

I've seen people who rank first and / or top three get Exotics. Stop it.

What do the gauntlets do? I just went with Achylophage since it was the first (and so far only) piece of gear that had a gunslinger specific perk. The fourth round for the golden gun kind of suck compared to something like the Titan Helm that blinds enemies in the bubble, but i guess it's something.

The void subclass for the Hunter better be fucking awesome in PvE since they drew the short stick as of now.

Mine has Tripmines last longer, Increased Reload for Special Weapons, and More super from Grenade kills. Also has 91 Disc.

Greenymac

Soooooo. Finished nightfall last night. Hoping for a new handcannon but got hosed. Got a legeandary fusin rifle and an exotic sniper called Time and Patience... Anyone got any experience with it?

Playing Defender is just sheer fun.

If you know the spawn caves at certain segments in a strike, you can easily position a bubble in front of them to just make life so much easier.All enemies walking through it as they walk out of their spawn point are blind and go down quick. Shit like this gets me giddy as heck.

I play as defender most of the time too and the first time I thought of this I felt like a genius, so good.

Rixxan

Just wanted to say that this game is flawed and can be repetitive at times

But I adore it and will eat up any and all new content

OT7 tho

MADGAME

Playing Defender is just sheer fun.

If you know the spawn caves at certain segments in a strike, you can easily position a bubble in front of them to just make life so much easier.All enemies walking through it as they walk out of their spawn point are blind and go down quick. Shit like this gets me giddy as heck.

I agree, but that perk is not native to the Defender subclass. It requires the Helm of Saint. Just calling it out in case anyone potentially thinking about it knows you must have equipment for this.

Nameless

I dunno. If you have several Defender Titans already, going Striker is wise. Fist of Havoc will still annihilate many adds and the blind grenade is godlike. Aftershock from Fist of Havoc will also serve as a way to "close off" a path briefly.

In terms of pure damage output I'd take Weapons of Light over Fists of Havoc any day.

Mine has Tripmines last longer, Increased Reload for Special Weapons, and More super from Grenade kills. Also has 91 Disc.

Once again, a PvP perk. In PvE tripmines are best used as stickies, and they go off immediately anyway since they're on the move. The reload and more super stuff is Legendary fair.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Soooooo. Finished nightfall last night. Hoping for a new handcannon but got hosed. Got a legeandary fusin rifle and an exotic sniper called Time and Patience... Anyone got any experience with it?

I have it but haven't used it at all, really. It's supposed to be pretty good leveled up.

Nebula

Finally got around to using my Invective in PvP. Doing fantastic but I feel so useless with 4 shots at times. I definitely felt like I could go through more than 3 people with my Found Verdict. Not upgraded anything on it yet so I'm hoping it gets better. Not a bad weapon considering that actually.

Homeboyd

Is it much better when elemental damage isn't helpful? It hasn't dropped for me yet.
Yes. Though like you said, the elemental dmg sends it to a whole new level. High level shanks (which are very annoying with solar burn), wizards... it absolutely shreds them. But yes, in every other situation, even without solar, it's the best scout I've come across.

Steroyd

So after the exact same 3 exotic bounties 6 times in a row, the 7th time finally gives me a different set to choose from huzzah! Pocket Infinity... it's never going to happen, wtf had to google the first step, now I'm onto the sell fusion rifles bs.

Also Bungie, fix your matchmaking, joined a match at level 2 with my alt, was the only non 20+ character in the team and another time 4 of the 6 players quit on my ass, and it wasn't even an Iron Banner.

LiK

So after the exact same 3 exotic bounties 6 times in a row, the 7th time finally gives me a different set to choose from huzzah! Pocket Infinity... it's never going to happen, wtf had to google the first step, now I'm onto the sell fusion rifles bs.

Also Bungie, fix your matchmaking, joined a match at level 2 with my alt, was the only non 20+ character in the team and another time 4 of the 6 players quit on my ass, and it wasn't even an Iron Banner.

Their MM has been the same forever. When I was lvl 3 during launch week, I came up against lvl 20 dudes in Crucible.

Maledict

Does anyone know how the destiny public events site is pulling their data? They now have the devil walker on earth as a rare event, whereas it used to be the most reliable public event around.

blackflag

Yes. Though like you said, the elemental dmg sends it to a whole new level. High level shanks (which are very annoying with solar burn), wizards... it absolutely shreds them. But yes, in every other situation, even without solar, it's the best scout I've come across.

I feel like the raid should have given me that instead of Multi tool.

ManCannon

Finished my first Nightfall just now and got a Handcannon "Red Hand IX." Of no use to me. Wish we could trade.

Kind of bummed over the lackluster reward but then again I did hide under a platform and shoot kneecaps for 15 min.

RedFury

Hopefully you get them but if not, the moment trading comes into the game, I'll toss you mine. Got it as post reward for Nightfall last week and nothing on it lines up with my builds.

Can't bring myself to shard it though because it's literally the best looking piece of Hunter gear in the game.

I realize you're probably joking but I wish people would let go of that idea, even as a joke. The very first game of IB I played I got second place on the winning team and got Mida Multi-Tool. Random is random. While there's no inherent benefit to loot rewards in doing the best, there's also no benefit in doing badly.
Geez I apologize to those who took offense I am definitely joking. I have 3 characters at 26 I was bound to get something. Just making fun of the circumstance I got it.

Once again, a PvP perk. In PvE tripmines are best used as stickies, and they go off immediately anyway since they're on the move. The reload and more super stuff is Legendary fair.

Yup. I'm extremely underwhelmed with the mods. Which is disappointing because it's the best looking piece for Hunters.

Geez I apologize to those who took offense I am definitely joking. I have 3 characters at 26 I was bound to get something. Just making fun of the circumstance I got it.

I don't think anyone took offense and it's an understandable joke to make. People react to it so quickly because there's been a large amount of misinformation heralded as facts with this game and some people use that kind of stuff to fuel their confirmation bias.

jeffc919

I asked this yesterday but never got an answer....have we figured out yet if the Iron Banner gear can be dismantled for shards?

Greenymac

Finished my first Nightfall just now and got a Handcannon "Red Hand IX." Of no use to me. Wish we could trade.

Kind of bummed over the lackluster reward but then again I did hide under a platform and shoot kneecaps for 15 min.

I did too so I guess we got what we deserved! Hoping Xur has something good for a brother tomorrow. Ive got motes and coins ready to roll.

Homeboyd

I feel like the raid should have given me that instead of Multi tool.
The fact that it's better (IMO) than any other exotic or legendary scout AND it doesn't take up an exotic slot AND it does solar damage AND it can be fired full auto AND it increases stability as you fire AND it does bonus damage to oracles AND it has a 27 round mag...

It's ridiculous.

Oh, AND it's about to get a BUFF.

todd360

The fact that it's better (IMO) than any other exotic or legendary scout AND it doesn't take up an exotic slot AND it does solar damage AND it can be fired full auto AND it increases stability as you fire AND it does bonus damage to oracles AND it has a 27 round mag...

It's ridiculous.

Sogoodspiderman.gif

blackflag

It's ridiculous.

Full auto???? Christ, I didn't know that. Guess I'll vault my Tool and wait for this. Use my maxed Suros in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom