• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrylic7

It will take down the bubble and kill anything caught in the AoE.

Aw man. I was hoping that the bubble would contain the blast damage from the inside and protect me if I ran outside of it before he initiated the attack.
Thats would have been great.

Sane_Man

Fuck's sake. Why is Destiny down when I crave it the most? It's been a long hard day and I just need a bit of Destiny in my life. And God fucks me again. I don't think I can cope. I'm not addicted.

Ramirez

Okay, that's what I've experienced then. I recommend all Defenders in the Crucible run AoL, plus Force Barrier melee. I had one survive three arc blade strikes, then kill me with melee, allowing him to run out with the overshield and kill two more. Now when I see a purple bubble I run. I tried going in again last night because there was another of my team inside and I thought I could use Arc Blade to great effect; I killed the Titan but not before he killed both the teammate and then me at the same time as my last strike. Bladedancers who feel more confident getting in there are welcome to do it, I will be staying away. Easier targets are everywhere.

I posted this last thread, but the bubble is hilariously broken if people decide to try and fight you in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNzPZiWp2o&list=UU3iwk4pq6OYw9MGPvhFFUKg

Xeroblade

Iron Banner was, during the Beta, touted as an example of the temporary events that Bungie will run that will have one-time only rewards. If they stick to that policy, then the next time Iron Banner comes around, it should award different gear at the very least.

I guess thats one way to keep us coming back.

blackflag

LMFAO. This dumbass gets stuck on the scenery then blown off the map?

GG Bungie

We're gonna do this on Wednesday night, btw, Wednesday night Raid group.

Long as I get them purples we can do it however. Definitely want to try hardmode sometime this week too.

All the weapons talk and Iron Banner talk just shows how much this game has now become more PvP focused.

I have a ton of exotic weapons and can own PvE easily now at level 29. I don't play PvP in this game or any game, it doesn't interest me.

Sad that the only thing to look forward to as a PvE player is the expansion in December. Other than playing my warlock and hunter that are level 10s. But this has made me see how boring the missions can be.

how are they even going to fix this? do they make it so atheon wont move that far up (thus restricting his movements and making the fight easier anyway), or do they teleport him back onto the platform if he falls off?

They shouldn't fix it. Lots of bosses have had cheesing spots, it's like it was designed on purpose. Anyway, it's not like it's exploiting a glitch or something. Bungie needs to stop with their 'No fun allowed' updates

So the internet says you get all four pieces of IB armor for each class, but the vendor is only selling one piece each, so is this going to change on daily basis?

X-Frame

that's what I'm saying. first time I saw it I was like "pfft this guy" and popped the super. I was shortly humbled.

As a Defender myself, these last few pages have been glorious to read through. :)

I'm going to be swapping back and forth in Iron Banner between a Force Barrier focused Defender Titan with "No Backup Plans" exotic gauntlets and a self-recharging and longer lasting force barrier that gives me a 97% melee cool down that translates to around 28 seconds on cool down but with a force barrier that lasts 25 seconds, with ..

Saint-14 Helm that gives the same 97% Intellect cool down for maximum "Armor of Light" Ward of Dawn recharge and duration with Bastion perk up from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

I'm not sure which I'll enjoy more!

they'd have to tweak his physics too because people will find a way to launch him over it.

unless we're talking 6 foot picket fences here...

They'll just give him the Angry buff (no stagger=no knockback) and/or give him an AoE instagib within X range.

They shouldn't fix it. Lots of bosses have had cheesing spots, it's like it was designed on purpose. Anyway, it's not like it's exploiting a glitch or something. Bungie needs to stop with their 'No fun allowed' updates

"Knocking Atheon down into the dark void of space and time is not our dream for how the raid was to be beaten."

Another character of the same class?

If so you're just showing how broken the loot system is if you need to create the same class to get a decent chance.

I have 3 characters each a separate class because games should be fun and it's a lot more fun to play a new class than the same class a bunch of times a week.

No, thanks for assuming though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can agree on different classes. But the same class in all 3 slots is sad. It just shows how broken the game can be that you need to play it 3 times for a decent chance.
I'm a little torn on this. I appreciate that people who need to be level 30 right now in order to be satisfied feel as though "having to" do this (roll multiple characters of the same class for the best chances) is wrong or unnecessary for their ideally designed game.

At the same time, I'm not yet totally sure I disagree with how long it takes on average to reach the hard level cap. If certain content were locked away only to those who had reached it, I would feel differently, but that is not the case.

I posted this last thread, but the bubble is hilariously broken if people decide to try and fight you in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNzPZiWp2o&list=UU3iwk4pq6OYw9MGPvhFFUKg
boxing lessons with Sgt. Ramirez

BraXzy

Can someone clear this up for me since I keep getting mixed messages..

If you do the raid on normal, and later on hard, do you still get hard raid drops? Obviously not including chests.

If you do it on hard first do you get both hard and normal rewards?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can someone clear this up for me since I keep getting mixed messages..

If you do the raid on normal, and later on hard, do you still get hard raid drops? Obviously not including chests.
Yes, obviously not including chests oh you said that.
If you do it on hard first do you get both hard and normal rewards?
Yes.

Obscured

29 is fine. Exotics are needed unless there's a maxed legendary

Thanks, by the time I grind shards to get to 29 it will probably be over, I'll just wait till it pops up again. Looks like I'll be spending time trying to figure out how to convince someone on my friend's list to let me pop into their raid.

I'm a little torn on this. I appreciate that people who need to be level 30 right now in order to be satisfied feel as though "having to" do this (roll multiple characters of the same class for the best chances) is wrong or unnecessary for their ideally designed game.

At the same time, I'm not yet totally sure I disagree with how long it takes on average to reach the hard level cap. If certain content were locked away only to those who had reached it, I would feel differently, but that is not the case.

boxing lessons with Sgt. Ramirez

I've been sitting happy at 29 for awhile now. I don't feel a need to hit 30. Of course I want to eventually, but it's out of my control anyway.

Making your alts all the same as your main is a little sad. Whether its sad for the player or sad for the game design is up to interpretation.

Trojan

Warlock Sunsinger Poll: to all the SunBros & SunGirls out there, what are your preferred subclass abilities for hard strikes/raids?

We all know Fireborn works miracles, but I'm curious whether most people roll with a higher agility build or try and maximize armor to make your warlock less fragile.

Sunsinger.jpg

todd360

I really wish it wasn't down on the weekly refresh day. Tuesday and Friday are my favorite days to play. I just want to do the nightfall real quick before hard raid tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom