• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

I upgraded The Calling with Firefly perk...oh man do I like getting head shots. Its almost the equivalent of throwing a Grenade with every precision kill. Is there a better legendary Scout Rifle out there to look out for, before I spend my ass energies to upgrade this one?
K9dPxuF.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Once again, a PvP perk. In PvE tripmines are best used as stickies, and they go off immediately anyway since they're on the move. The reload and more super stuff is Legendary fair.
that may well be the case, but so far as I know there is no other gear, legendary or otherwise, that can be sought with that mod and it is critical to my PI build. Maybe if I get a random legendary armor drop with it one day I can swap out for something else to enhance the build.
Anyone else experienced the same awesomeness of the gifts being better? Or received weapons that were not available for Marks?
Got an Arc version of The Swarm. It is a delight and i hurt Atheon with it.
I got Pocket Infinity!

Until you get the upgrade, it sucks
So, so true.
It really doesn't. It has massive impact and pretty good range. The sights suck, but you should be firing Pocket Infinity from the hip the majority of the time. Is it the charge time that makes you guys think it sucks? Gotta get used to cooking off your fusion rifles!

Before the upgrade it is however outclassed by any number of legendary fusion rifles though, I'll give you that.

I understand most of the game is "horde mode" but I wish they would add a firefight mode into the game. They could use some of the larger zones or areas that are already setup that way. Give your fireteam a pool of lives and give rewards every 10 waves or something.

would be awesome.

Deku Tree

I understand why Destiny has unbalanced PvP. Destiny becomes a loot game after level 20, maybe even before... So players will want to use the loot that they get in PvP.

But I find unbalanced PvP just not fun. I don't like getting one shot over and over again with the Vex Mithocast or whatever...

I would play and love PvP in Destiny if they had one just one "everyone starts with the similar stats and gear" mode, even if they put other weapons around the map in random places that you could run to get.

MADGAME

Who's getting ascendent shards after completing public events?

bzeiiDD.gif

..except for me. Happened two times in a row. So far.

I noticed I was getting either an energy or shard much more often after I hit Public Event level 2 on my Grimoire score. Not sure if that is actually related or not, as there are no rewards listed on the Grimoire card, only the rank requirements:

Completions:
Rank 1 at 50
Rank 2 at 100
Rank 3 at 250

I upgraded The Calling with Firefly perk...oh man do I like getting head shots. Its almost the equivalent of throwing a Grenade with every precision kill. Is there a better legendary Scout Rifle out there to look out for, before I spend my ass energies to upgrade this one?

I have a Proxima Centauri II (not my image)
maxresdefault.jpg

with Zen Moment (causing damage increases stability - a lot!), Firefly (boom!) and along with Armor Piercing Rounds (bullets go through multiple targets when behind each other), Send It (maxed range) and Snap Shot (instant ADS).

Bullets will go right through masses of enemies with percision kills and cause the grendade explosion causing more damage, continuing to pass on behind.. chain effect with then great stability as a result.

I also have a PCII with shit perks, however. It's so very random.

Is anyone trying to do the weekly heroic or nightfall(maybe both) tonight around 1030pm est? Need to get my coins for tomorrow and test out( level) my new Vanquisher.

This is on Xbox one, gt is same as gaf, level 28 Titan.

I take it you've never had anything that requires relic iron.

Relic Iron - go to the fight between vex and cabal right near where you set down for patrol missios. Running that circuit will net you about one or two chests a minute.

For spinmetal - go to where the devil walker pub event is and run that entire area. There are about 3 chests and 3 plants per circuit and you can gut your fallen majors bounties and daily public events easily.

For spirit blooms - where the terminus area starts (level 20 minotaurs) or the area where vex and fallen are fighting. And the starting moon area for helium.

hydruxo

Hand cannons are just ridiculous in pve. Basically a shotty up close, and a sniper from pretty far away. They do it all.

Stubo

I noticed I was getting either an energy or shard much more often after I hit Public Event level 2 on my Grimoire score. Not sure if that is actually related or not, as there are no rewards listed on the Grimoire card, only the rank requirements:

Completions:
Rank 1 at 50
Rank 2 at 100
Rank 3 at 250
Oh you had to go and tell me this...

NuVg5rn.png

that may well be the case, but so far as I know there is no other gear, legendary or otherwise, that can be sought with that mod and it is critical to my PI build. Maybe if I get a random legendary armor drop with it one day I can swap out for something else to enhance the build.

Got an Arc version of The Swarm. It is a delight and i hurt Atheon with it.

It really doesn't. It has massive impact and pretty good range. The sights suck, but you should be firing Pocket Infinity from the hip the majority of the time. Is it the charge time that makes you guys think it sucks? Gotta get used to cooking off your fusion rifles!

Before the upgrade it is however outclassed by any number of legendary fusion rifles though, I'll give you that.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen faster reload with fusion rifles on legendary gauntlets, but I may be thinking of pulse rifles. I'm a sniper kind of guy, so chain of woe suits my reload needs just fine for all three weapon classes.

Honestly, I just want the Hunter void class to have the hobgoblin grenades. In the end, that's all I care about.

Sullichin

Is iron banner giving better drops than regular crucible?

It feels that way. I got Hard Light (exotic auto) from losing a match, and Timur's Lash (Legendary handcannon) after winning a match after getting rank 2. I heard that this has a chance to drop once you get rank 2 but I don't know how it actually works.

JayHayabusa

Party Update for Heroic Raid 11pm CET (5pm EST)

jayhayabusa (jayforone on PSN)
Klyka (Klyka1 on PSN)
death4romabove22
hydruxo
ZROCOOL
Subtovertion

If anyone in this group can't make it please let me know so we fill your spot.

Sanke__

I asked this yesterday but never got an answer....have we figured out yet if the Iron Banner gear can be dismantled for shards?

Dont let bungie hear you
Never forget queens wrath
It will get posted once someone gets to rank 3 im sure
Im a quarter of the way from 2 to 3 myself

I understand why Destiny has unbalanced PvP. Destiny becomes a loot game after level 20, maybe even before... So players will want to use the loot that they get in PvP.

But I find unbalanced PvP just not fun. I don't like getting one shot over and over again with the Vex Mithocast or whatever...

I would play and love PvP in Destiny if they had one just one "everyone starts with the similar stats and gear" mode, even if they put other weapons around the map in random places that you could run to get.

eh, bungie already made those games. a few new gametypes wouldn't hurt though.

balancing the sandbox so that there is no dominant choice will be a good start, although some of its issues lie on a more fundamental level with the way weapons and maps are designed. unfortunately, i don't anticipate bungie suddenly making better maps, but at least tuning the sandbox should help.

i also hope they add custom games sooner rather than later. when halo and cod arrive, this game's population is going to plummet unless there are community building longevity tools.

Bizazedo

I have a Wizard 77. I just am prioritizing the RNG + can use the exotic option somewhere else.

Occasionally I use one with quick charge rates, though. Also, and it's relevant, I'm not really an expert in fusion rifles yet.

hmm looks like the Vex gun is getting more common, just got clobbered in Control by it XD

Yeah, we ran into one in IB last night. Our entire team bailed immediately.

Bungie really has to react or say something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty sure that I've seen faster reload with fusion rifles on legendary gauntlets, but I may be thinking of pulse rifles. I'm a sniper kind of guy, so chain of woe suits my reload needs just fine for all three weapon classes.

Honestly, I just want the Hunter void class to have the hobgoblin grenades. In the end, that's all I care about.
Yeeep Chain of Woe is a glorious skill, completely neutered by fusion rifle damage. But not needing it frees up the slot for Gambler's Dagger+Knife Juggler, which is a complete blast.

lol, yeah, those grenades rock.

Bizazedo

For spinmetal - go to where the devil walker pub event is and run that entire area. There are about 3 chests and 3 plants per circuit and you can gut your fallen majors bounties and daily public events easily.

It's generally 2 chests active at any one time, but yeah. The area is so small you can rake in spinmetal like mad, plus the associated fallen bounties + Devil Walker.

It's better than the Rocketyard due to the small size. I stand by this statement. No one believes me when I say this, though, they just link the Rocketyard.

Whatever, less competition for me, although it does please me to see someone else recognize The Divide.

MADGAME

NuVg5rn.png

I'm at 128 currently, the number of events seems to be shared between characters; cumulative really helps out. Hoping after hitting Rank 3 (may take a while) an item will either be near-guaranteed or a chance to get multiple will be possible.

EL CUCO

I have a Proxima Centauri II (not my image)
maxresdefault.jpg

with Zen Moment (causing damage increases stability - a lot!), Firefly (boom!) and along with Armor Piercing Rounds (bullets go through multiple targets when behind each other), Send It (maxed range) and Snap Shot (instant ADS).

Bullets will go right through masses of enemies with percision kills and cause the grendade explosion causing more damage, continuing to pass on behind.. chain effect with then great stability as a result.

Very nice. I'll keep my Ass energies incase I run into something better.

MidEvlDed

Trying o farm spinmetal is quite possibly the most tedious thing I've ever had to do
At least spirit bloom is easy to find

Spinmetal is the easiest for me because I pretty much figured out where all of the chests are in the mothyards during the beta. And now I know where the chests spawn in the Divide too so I just look for them while I wait for the public event.

I take it you've never had anything that requires relic iron.

Relic Iron is definitely the worst. It's hard to see and I don't really know where the chests are located.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Spinmetal is the easiest for me because I pretty much figured out where all of the chests are in the mothyards during the beta. And now I know where the chests spawn in the Divide too so I just look for them while I wait for the public event.

Relic Iron is definitely the worst. It's hard to see and I don't really know where the chests are located.

Look in the Scablands. Every little room there possibly contains a chest with them.

I have a Proxima Centauri II (not my image) [IG]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/QUyhbDwdcnA/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

I got a Proxima Centauri II as well, but mine has "shit perks" as you say (final round in magazine deals bonus damage, radar stays active while aiming). I have yet to upgrade it, but my other legendary Scout Rifle is the Crypt Dweller SR1. It has zen moment (increased stability with damage) and grenadier (reduces grenade cooldown with kills). Compared to my Last Word, these are extremely meh besides range. Once the patch hits and we know just how much better scout rifles got and how much the nerf affected AR's, I'll consider using them. Until then it's handcannons.

I got a Proxima Centauri II as well, but mine has "shit perks" as you say (final round in magazine deals bonus damage, radar stays active while aiming). I have yet to upgrade it, but my other legendary Scout Rifle is the Crypt Dweller SR1. It has zen moment (increased stability with damage) and grenadier (reduces grenade cooldown with kills). Compared to my Last Word, these are extremely meh besides range. Once the patch hits and we know just how much better scout rifles got and how much the nerf affected AR's, I'll consider using them. Until then it's handcannons.

We're now in Community.

You have free reign with puns.

BraXzy

Hard mode is beat!

I got a worthless ship and some ascendant energy for defeating the hardest piece of content in the game. GG. A couple guys got the Vex mythlocast, everyone else got one or two pieces of raid gear.. I can't even..

The fact that it's better (IMO) than any other exotic or legendary scout AND it doesn't take up an exotic slot AND it does solar damage AND it can be fired full auto AND it increases stability as you fire AND it does bonus damage to oracles AND it has a 27 round mag...

It's ridiculous.

Oh, AND it's about to get a BUFF.
AND I got it last night!!! After doing some research, it seems to be the best Scout Rifle so I no longer desire the MIDA. It will be awesome when I have this and PI upgraded, equipped at the same time and one day I will hopefully get Icebreaker which will work amazing with Vision too.
I was just thinking about this last night. The Hunter Void class should be all about party benefit and group utility, as the class is so lacking in that right now. I think they should get Portals like the Mesmer skill in GW2 somehow. they'd even be purple!
GLF Hunter for Raid, Must have Port for jumping puzzle

hydruxo

Scablands is the best place for Relic Iron IMO. Just keep doing a loop through the buildings and the caves/alcoves for chests.

NuVg5rn.png

I'm at 88 (12 away from class 3), and haven't noticed an improvement. It almost feels like you have a better chance earlier in the week/day, right after the resets. My ass shard pops feel like they slow down if I start grinding events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom