• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

If you think bungie is going to nerf the mythhocast... Your gonna have a bad timeeee.
They'll nerf it. The only question is when. As a result, it's currently one of the best items to get before they get to it.
Care to explain? xD

All it does is provide a visual extra to my load screens, and it's not even a particularly cool looking one at that. I'd rather have the sparrow which is actually useful and improves my QoL in-game, the mythlocast for PvP or some actual raid gear so I can spend some of my endless ass shards.

It's like a mount / any other rare, not easy to obtain item. It's slightly easier than the Mythoclast, being normal raid possible obviously, but it's an item that....

1) Will never be outdated. By comparison, the gear in Vault will be replaced by future raids. And it'll happen fairly quickly. Add to that that the gear is only a negligible upgrade, based on stats / perks, outside of encounters where you fight level 30's....and it's not really that impressive.
2). The Vault requires 6 people currently to access. Some crazies did it with 4 and that might become common, later, but for now that limits its availability. Also, due to RNG, you're not guaranteed to get it. 3 raids done here, 3 shaders, no sparrow or ship.
3). Never know what they'll do with ships later :).

This is coming from a WoW perspective, though. 150+ mounts, hardly ever use some....but they're still rare and hard to get and they last for your characters lifetime....

Not just one raid cycle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Getting materials (relic iron, helium filaments, etc) for upgrades is the only "grinding" I've had to do in this game. It's just no fun. Per the responses a few pages ago, I think I'll break down and actually follow a guide/tutorial for something.

I wish you could just buy the materials from vendors.
True that. Look at the vids in the OP. It can go quite fast when you know where to loop. Put on some netflix or tunes and chillax n' farm.

cakely

I'm at 88 (12 away from class 3), and haven't noticed an improvement. It almost feels like you have a better chance earlier in the week/day, right after the resets. My ass shard pops feel like they slow down if I start grinding events.

I do at least one public event every day and I think you're right ... after the reset, you have a chance of getting a shard/energy as an instant reward. (You still get the one in the mail).

As the week goes on, I stop seeing that reward. Maybe there's a hidden cap?

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the grimoire card rank, since there's no bonus listed.

BraXzy

It's like a mount / any other rare, not easy to obtain item. It's slightly easier than the Mythoclast, being normal raid possible obviously, but it's an item that....

1) Will never be outdated. By comparison, the gear in Vault will be replaced by future raids. And it'll happen fairly quickly. Add to that that the gear is only a negligible upgrade, based on stats / perks, outside of encounters where you fight level 30's....and it's not really that impressive.
2). The Vault requires 6 people currently to access. Some crazies did it with 4 and that might become common, later, but for now that limits its availability. Also, due to RNG, you're not guaranteed to get it. 3 raids done here, 3 shaders, no sparrow or ship.
3). Never know what they'll do with ships later :).

This is coming from a WoW perspective, though. 150+ mounts, hardly ever use some....but they're still rare and hard to get and they last for your characters lifetime....

Not just one raid cycle.

Yeah I see where you're coming from but I still hate it. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't literally just a loadscreen item. And it's barely different to any other ship. I wouldn't be too fussed if it looked absolutely epic with cool colours but it barely stands out. I agree though it is more lasting than some other rewards I guess.

Flo_Evans

Yeah I see where you're coming from but I still hate it. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't literally just a loadscreen item. And it's barely different to any other ship. I wouldn't be too fussed if it looked absolutely epic with cool colours but it barely stands out. I agree though it is more lasting than some other rewards I guess.

The iron banner ship actually looks cooler/more unique.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Not just one raid cycle.

In WoW, I had the first type of epic mount, this awesome white horse. It was removed shortly thereafter, but I still had mine because I didn't trade it in for the new looking horses. Whenever I used to play WoW years later, still riding the same horse, I would get so many messages asking me where I got it.

How quick is Nightfall this week? Would be good if I could get that done first!

Just make sure you hang around the entrance of the area with your buddies, and having a sunsinger and a hunter that can turn invisible is optimal. That's how we beat it. One person would go down and turn around to shoot/spam grenades at the boss, the other two would stay behind. If the sunsinger died he could use radiance to revive himself and spam grenades, and if somebody died without their super the hunter who stayed behind can go and save them with invisibility and you all run back. Nothing spawns behind you either, so it's perfect.

Bizazedo

In WoW, I had the first type of epic mount, this awesome white horse. It was removed shortly thereafter, but I still had mine because I didn't trade it in for the new looking horses. Whenever I used to play WoW years later, still riding the same horse, I would get so many messages asking me where I got it.

You have no idea how bitter I am I turned in my Kodo.

jay23

Ships are worthless, I'd be upset too if I got one for beating the hardest content in the game. Not to mention most look like crap and are not creative at all.

darthbob

This one, yeah?

ManCannon

Ships are worthless, I'd be upset too if I got one for beating the hardest content in the game. Not to mention most look like crap and are not creative at all.

Still holding out hope there may be ship combat (a la Reach) added at some point. :)

commish

Such a missed opportunity. Given how many loading screens there are, I'd gladly pay a few bucks to have a super sweet ship. Cosmetic stuff like that is the type of micro transaction I would be okay with in this game.

Exactly. Such an awesome mount.

squadr0n

Apparently the new cool thing to do in Iron Banner is quit out of the match if your team is loosing lol. Makes it alot easier for us that are winning tbh. This has happened in 4 matches in a row.

darthbob

Apparently the new cool thing to do in Iron Banner is quit out of the match if your team is loosing lol. Makes it alot easier for us that are winning tbh. This has happened in 4 matches in a row.

I understand the 'hardcore' aspect of Iron Banner, but it would be nice to incentivize players to stick around and play their out their games.

MADGAME

I saw the rep for IB from 0 to 1 is 100.
What is it for 1 to 2, and 2 to 3?

I guess if the armor doesn't get you shards, then I won't bother anyway.

Oh I had no idea buying the drive would upgrade it to Legendary.
Any difference between the two drives?

Actually I believe there are 3 drives. Each drive upgrades the sparrow to Legendary, which I believe entails enhancing speed/durability. The main difference between the drives is adding color trails to your sparrow. The emerald drive adds green streaming trails, void drive (I think that's what it's called) adds purple and the third drive (don't remember it's name), does not add any trails (plain upgrade).

Anyone feel free to add on if there is more to them.

Edit: Oh yeah, the drives cost 23 strange coins. Kind of steep.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At Hard mode Atheon. Need a group to finish him off on PS4. We can cheese it or do it legit.
I wouldn't mind coming in.

Because you don't get anything for staying. Might as well just bail.

LiK

Yea, basically need to kick ass right when you start. Sadly my games have been too close for anyone to quit. Played some last night and we were off my 100+ points. Sucks to lose from that.

Sane_Man

Thanks for the adds everyone. Unfortunately the fireteam filled up all of a sudden (not my fireteam) so there wasn't many spots left. Apologies but maybe we can play another time.

Megatron

He sold them like 2-3 days ago. I bought 6 of them with all my moneys.

Do people post in here when he sells them? I bought 8 a few weeks ago when he sold them but that was all I could afford. I have one acquired naturally so could get by with just one more.

commish

Does anyone know of a better loot cave?

Honestly I'd rather chain run strikes than farm a loot cave. Even at the height of the original loot cave, I don't think I was getting 3 or 4 blues every 10 to 15 minutes like I would in strikes. Plus you get vanguard rep and marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom