• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

I'm finally starting to see a few Vex users in PVP. Shit is so broken. Did they not even playtest with that weapon?

We're now in Community.

Yo have free reign with puns.

The local baker in my town is known to make some of the most delicious donuts in the country.

I once asked him if he could tell me his secret. He shook his head and told me that he can't tell me, because it's on a knead to dough basis.

Bizazedo

Hard mode is beat!

I got a worthless ship and some ascendant energy for defeating the hardest piece of content in the game. GG. A couple guys got the Vex mythlocast, everyone else got one or two pieces of raid gear.. I can't even..

The ship will seriously be one of the best loots you can get. That and a pre-nerf Mythoclast.

Very nice. I'll keep my Ass energies incase I run into something better.

That's what i'm doing. Saving mine for raid weapons. Still not getting the ones i want BUT... if my weapons are getting me through the raid as is now... i can wait and save.

I got a Proxima Centauri II as well, but mine has "shit perks" as you say (final round in magazine deals bonus damage, radar stays active while aiming). I have yet to upgrade it, but my other legendary Scout Rifle is the Crypt Dweller SR1. It has zen moment (increased stability with damage) and grenadier (reduces grenade cooldown with kills). Compared to my Last Word, these are extremely meh besides range. Once the patch hits and we know just how much better scout rifles got and how much the nerf affected AR's, I'll consider using them. Until then it's handcannons.

That sounds like the one my buddie has... he scrapped that and then got the same one again lol. It's kind of interesting that you can have multiples of one weapon and they behave so very different when leveled. I do like that about Destiny... i just want more weapon variation.

SharkJAW

Ended up playing against someone who mained Thorn while I mained Last Word. You guys can guess the outcome. His...not mine. Renegade Hunter Shin would be proud.

I also just noticed golden gun uses the same design as Last Word. Sooooo gooodddddd.

Ambitious

When will Xur arrive tomorrow? I've collected 40 strange coins and I could need a nice exotic helmet.

I noticed I was getting either an energy or shard much more often after I hit Public Event level 2 on my Grimoire score. Not sure if that is actually related or not, as there are no rewards listed on the Grimoire card, only the rank requirements:

Completions:
Rank 1 at 50
Rank 2 at 100
Rank 3 at 250

Is that so? I'm still at rank 1, I need 15 more.

Bizazedo

The local baker in my town is known to make some of the most delicious donuts in the country.

I once asked him if he could tell me his secret. He shook his head and told me that he can't tell me, because it's on a knead to dough basis.

Friend of mine is really into puns, so he entered a contest to find the best puns. He was very excited.

He gathered as many puns as he could and sent in ten of them. He thought they were the best and would win!

Sadly, though, not one pun in ten did.

My Vanguard marks maxed out again and I didn't want any weapons or armour, so I bought this guy:

291.jpg

Worth every penny.
Should've just waited and gotten the one from hard raid. It's leagues better.
Use the marks to buy armor and dismantle for shards.

Hoodbury

I'm finally starting to see a few Vex users in PVP. Shit is so broken. Did they not even playtest with that weapon?

From pre-release previews and interviews they made it seem like they didn't think anyone would ever finish the raid, let alone finish it on hard mode. So probably not. :p

/s

todd360

Dear xur. Prease have heart of the praxic fire for sale tomorrow. K thx.

*spongebob the next day screen*

Oh sunbreakers..... Are there even any suns left to break?

Bizazedo

I don't mean the sparrow, I mean the hunk of junk load screen ship.

I know. I'm not kidding, it's seriously one of the best loots you can get. It'll never become outdated. It and the Sparrow (and pre-nerf Mythoclast) are the three best loots in the hard mode.

It's generally 2 chests active at any one time, but yeah. The area is so small you can rake in spinmetal like mad, plus the associated fallen bounties + Devil Walker.

It's better than the Rocketyard due to the small size. I stand by this statement. No one believes me when I say this, though, they just link the Rocketyard.

Whatever, less competition for me, although it does please me to see someone else recognize The Divide.

I agree, this area is easy to rack up the spin metal. In the back left there's a dumpster and a pipe where either spin metal or a chest spawns. Plus this area has the patrol for the target as well.

todd360

I know. I'm not kidding, it's seriously one of the best loots you can get. It'll never become outdated. It and the Sparrow (and pre-nerf Mythoclast) are the three best loots in the hard mode.

If you think bungie is going to nerf the mythhocast... Your gonna have a bad timeeee.

MADGAME

Should've just waited and gotten the one from hard raid. It's leagues better.
Use the marks to buy armor and dismantle for shards.

I was torn about waiting for a group that can complete hard mode or buy this, even though the raid sparrow is better. If you have the coin, you can upgrade the rare sparrows to legendaries by purchasing the drives from Hurr Durr Xur

benjammin

I think that you trigger the exotic bounty when you turn 5 bounties of the same faction at the same time. I turned 5 vanguard bounties and got an exotic bounty for a Machine Gun and turn 5 vanguard bounties and got an exotic bounty for a Fusion Rifle.

I'm only a level 24 Hunter but I've done this around ten times now to level up my vanguard and I still have yet to see an exotic bounty. I think it's completely random

BraXzy

Care to explain? xD

All it does is provide a visual extra to my load screens, and it's not even a particularly cool looking one at that. I'd rather have the sparrow which is actually useful and improves my QoL in-game, the mythlocast for PvP or some actual raid gear so I can spend some of my endless ass shards.

E92 M3

Read a thread on Reddit earlier saying that Rank 3 items don't get dismantled for shards or energy.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ir0xu/iron_banner_rank_3/

Phew - saves me a lot of trouble! It was the only reason I was thinking of doing Iron Banner.

Hard mode is beat!

I got a worthless ship and some ascendant energy for defeating the hardest piece of content in the game. GG. A couple guys got the Vex mythlocast, everyone else got one or two pieces of raid gear.. I can't even..

How did you guys do gate keepers? Also, are you still in on helping tonight?

Stantron

Anyone have luck using the Titan Striker death from above ability? If there are a group of enemies, it falls short most of the time for me by landing on the perimeter rather than center of the group where it would get more kills.

Also, the pillar (or spike?) grenades aren't that useful for me. They need to be placed precisely, don't do that much damage, don't last that long and seem very situational.

Iceman829

Is anyone trying to do the weekly heroic or nightfall(maybe both) tonight around 1030pm est? Need to get my coins for tomorrow and test out( level) my new Vanquisher.

This is on Xbox one, gt is same as gaf, level 28 Titan.

If you need some help with the nightfall over the weekend I can lend a hand. I already completed it, but still need like 70 more kills with a fusion rifle, so I won't mind helping someone. I believe I have you on my FL from the raid we did the other week.

Do exotic armor level as slowly as exotic weapons? Also, I know you want only one exotic weapon learning stuff at a time so it gets all the xp, but does that also pertain between armor and weapons? I'm hoping when I get my exotic chest I can level that and a weapon at the same time without a large hit.

I want it. My buddie got it on his first run in the Raid... This loot system is tearing friendships apart.

I got it the only time I fought Atheon. And that's the only part of the Raid I've done so far! Last monday just to help some guys finish the Raid before reset. XD

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I saw the rep for IB from 0 to 1 is 100.
What is it for 1 to 2, and 2 to 3?

I guess if the armor doesn't get you shards, then I won't bother anyway.

I was torn about waiting for a group that can complete hard mode or buy this, even though the raid sparrow is better. If you have the coin, you can upgrade the rare sparrows to legendaries by purchasing the drives from Hurr Durr Xur

Oh I had no idea buying the drive would upgrade it to Legendary.
Any difference between the two drives?

Tamanon

Banned
Game really wants me to finish leveling my 15 Titans. 3 Legendary Engrams on my Bladedancer, 3 armor pieces for Titan. At least I finally hit Crucible Rank 2, so can start improving my gear again.

I love Iron Banner but I am not going back in there without a group (which may mean not playing at all for the rest of the time it's around). The quitting is just insane.

Fitts

Getting materials (relic iron, helium filaments, etc) for upgrades is the only "grinding" I've had to do in this game. It's just no fun. Per the responses a few pages ago, I think I'll break down and actually follow a guide/tutorial for something.

I wish you could just buy the materials from vendors.

Tried the raid for the first time last night. We had one guy who had already played through it and knew what to do and apparently that's all you need because we breezed through it and got to the end boss before stopping.

I have to say the loot you get is fucking weak. I ended up with a few ascendant shards and ascendant energy and a crappy weapon. Kind of disappointing all around.

Need to get 200 Nightfall kills with Fusion Rifles to get my pocket infinity. I need to hurry every time, because the enemies wipe eachother out a lot faster than I can. :lol

I just let the Minotaurs wipe me when I run out of ammo. At 63 kills with two deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom