• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrylic7

O shit!, Purp engram turned Yellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
Must be opposite day or some shit.

Anyway is the Monte Carlo any good?

hydruxo

O shit!, Purp engram turned Yellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
Must be opposite day or some shit.

Anyway is the Monte Carlo any good?

It's pretty bad. Looks nice though. I like to mess around with it when I do patrol but I never use it seriously.

If you need some help with the nightfall over the weekend I can lend a hand. I already completed it, but still need like 70 more kills with a fusion rifle, so I won't mind helping someone. I believe I have you on my FL from the raid we did the other week.

Sounds good I'll msg this weekend. If we find someone else alright with it we could probably just get your kills done first then finish it. I don't mind repeating sections till your done but can't speak for someone else.

57 Strange Coins in my pocket. So help me if Xur brings about Sunbreakers again..

Another fellow Warlock here with 50+ Strange Coins fearing Xur brings back the breakers for a 4th time. Bungie needs to address that shit stat. Give me Light Beyond Nemesis and IceBreaker and i'll let you live Xur.

Assuming we have everyone ready I am ready to go any time. Need to talk with everyone else.
Let me know when we have a solid time for doing it. I'm open for doing it all day.

Another fellow Warlock here with 50+ Strange Coins fearing Xur brings back the breakers for a 4th time. Bungie needs to address that shit stat. Give me Light Beyond Nemesis and IceBreaker and i'll let you live Xur.
I'm hoping for IceBreaker or Heart of the Praxic Fire. Really don't know what to do if it's Sunbreakers again. Will probably just purchase the Sparrow upgrade.

Can you re-post it here? Can't read Reddit at work and feeling Devil's Advocate-y.

sure.

"I finally completed my first heroic raid last night and was granted the Vex Mythoclast. As many know, this gun is ridiculously good and a fitting reward for completing the game's most difficult content.

But I don't feel rewarded.

I mean, I did do a great job in the raid. I gave it everything i had to defeat it, and so did the rest of my team.

But RNG decided to give most of them ships, shaders, and ascendent energy. Somebody wanted a Timebreaker and the game gave me one instead, even though I already had one.

I think a completely random system cripples the longevity of this game. I'm happy about my rewards from the raid, but I'd appreciate them a great deal more if I earned them based on how well our team did in the raid, and not how many rabbit feet I have plugged into my PS4. The mystery surrounding the conditions for the 5th raid chest had me thinking, so i threw together some ideas of my own. You're free to disagree with this breakdown, but I encourage you to offer your own ideas for improving the rewards.

LOOT DROPS:

There are 3 ways to get loot in the raid: chests, the templar phases and the atheon phases. I believe the chests should be influenced by the team's performance, whereas post-phase rewards are random, but consistent. Ascendant materials will always be guaranteed.

Spire Phase and the 1st Chest: If you complete this phase in under 5 minutes without anyone dying or losing a sync plate, the chest at the entrance of the raid should give you a bonus amount of ascendant materials.

Templar Phase 1 and Spirit Bloom Chest: If you complete this phase without any vex sacrifices or missing an oracle, everyone will get either raid weapons or raid gear in addition to ascendant materials. If any vex sacrifice or an oracle is missed, raid gear is taken out of this drop.

Templar Phase 2 and "the 5th chest": Allegedly, if you complete this phase without the Templar teleporting, the 5th chest spawns. But this chest should be guaranteed to drop exotics or raid weapons and gear as well as ascendant material. The drop after completing this phase without teleports or missed oracles should also be guaranteed raid weapons or raid gear in addition to ascendant materials.

Gorgon Maze Chests: These chests should be guaranteed ascendant materials. If no one has missed an oracle or a sacrifice prior to this part, there should be a random chance at the shader, class item, ship or exotic. Exotics should be weighted lower, but if the right conditions are met you should never walk away from these chests with only ascendant materials.

Atheon Phase 1: If you complete this phase without losing control of a sync plate or any vex sacrifices, the drop should include raid armor and raid weapons in addition to ascendant materials.

Atheon Phase 2: Raid armor should always be guaranteed at the last phase. However, if you complete this phase before enrage AND with no deaths, the timebreaker, mythoclast, and raid helmet are entered into the raffle on top of ascendant materials. Raid weapons and raid gear will also be guaranteed.

I'm sure my ideas can use some tweaks, but all of these suggestions do two important things. Firstly, they make the rewards dependent on how well your team does in the raid. The more efficient you are, the more rewards are made available to you. If your team is kicking Vex ass, you should be equally and consistently rewarded for it. Rewards should also encourage players to defeat it before enrage, which forces you to play smarter.

The second thing this does is increase the longevity of the raid. If I know that doing the heroic raid without dying gives me a vex mythoclast, I'm going to go through the raid over and over again until I can get it. I'm also more inclined to help other groups meet the requirements even after I've completed it myself. These incredible accomplishments should reward players fittingly, unlike a random system that splits the team up and leaves some disappointed despite everyone contributing to the victory. It also leads to wasted time where you'll go a whole raid and earn nothing but ascendant energy and then a ship at the very end. Even if you still end up earning weapons and gear you already have, you can dismantle them for ascendant materials, so why drop only materials? I can't enjoy shooting people with my mythoclast in crucible after hearing those sighs of disappointment.

Again, feel free to add your own ideas, whether they're in line with my system or not. But I hope we can agree that the raid rewards need an overhaul. There's no reason I should be making another character of the same class right now just so I can luck into raid boots"

zlatko

Banned
I've noticed the one gun that beats me out in MP on a fairly consistent basis these days is the Suros.

I hope my boy Xur brings it back soon, or that auto rifle nerf hits so I can start possibly using Scout rifles in multi. :/

Tomorrow I really hope he has a body piece for Warlock who has been ripped off by that guy since day one. I need those Voidfang Vestaments, or at least give my Hunter the third eye again.

ManCannon

anyone else having constant bee disconnects since the patch? never had any issues before and nothing has changed yet since the patch I can't even finish a crucible match or spend more than a few minutes in the tower. ><

Let me know when we have a solid time for doing it. I'm open for doing it all day.

I'm hoping for IceBreaker or Heart of the Praxic Fire. Really don't know what to do if it's Sunbreakers again. Will probably just purchase the Sparrow upgrade.

I was thinking about the Sparrow drive as well but i'd have to spend $/marks on an rare one first. Hmm...

Bizazedo

I......actually like most of it, Zoba. How boring of me haha....I still think a lot of you guys are undervaluing the ship / sparrow (It should be Atheon who drops it). If the raid didn't have so many methods to cheese and maybe if it was easier to show the stuff off, maybe? I dunno. Might just be FPS player mentality vs MMO player.

That being said, my only question would be....what would you think of the way the raid gives loots if all the cheese methods are fixed. There are a ton, way too many.

relic iron is easy helium on the other hand -.-

helium and spirit bloom are easy because you can see them from a distance. the farm routes also tend to be very generous with them.

relic iron and spin metal are difficult to see, but if you're in the right area you can still grab a bunch very quickly.

I......actually like most of it, Zoba. How boring of me haha....I still think a lot of you guys are undervaluing the ship / sparrow (It should be Atheon who drops it). If the raid didn't have so many methods to cheese and maybe if it was easier to show the stuff off, maybe? I dunno. Might just be FPS player mentality vs MMO player.

That being said, my only question would be....what would you think of the way the raid gives loots if all the cheese methods are fixed. There are a ton, way too many.

eh, the raid sparrow i can understand, but i think bungie gives ships that basically look the same too much credit.

as for cheese strategies, if loot is tied to enrage or a certain number of enemies killed or whatever else, a few of those methods may become unfavorable. knocking atheon off of the map is a whole different thing though.

i don't want to make it easier to get the loot, but i think it should be more consistent and more dependent on your contributions. randomness seems to exist solely to mask the fact that there isn't much loot to begin with, but i think tying its rarity to incredible feats as opposed to randomness will do a better job of controlling its distribution.

Raxus

If everyone is ready or if you wanna set I time speak up. We have 5 people and we can cheese the boss with 2 warlocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom