• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Banner has been brutal guys. So many deaths by suros. Gonna do my best to get rank 3 in iron banner. Hoping to see what higher rank stuff saladin has. Okay so does it still give you rank progression if you lose? Or do you have to win to progress in IB?

Also here's my psn if anyone wants to add for mp or raid help. I'm US central standard time.

Psn: Habanero_Guy

I'm a lvl 28 hunter and lvl 25 warlock.

I......actually like most of it, Zoba. How boring of me haha....I still think a lot of you guys are undervaluing the ship / sparrow (It should be Atheon who drops it). If the raid didn't have so many methods to cheese and maybe if it was easier to show the stuff off, maybe? I dunno. Might just be FPS player mentality vs MMO player.

That being said, my only question would be....what would you think of the way the raid gives loots if all the cheese methods are fixed. There are a ton, way too many.

The ships are 100 percent useless. They don't even have resale value for people who like visual wank because there's no trading system. They're useless. They do nothing. They provide nothing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Outside of Iron Banner starting, nothing... things dont' change that quickly.

Wasn't sure if they patched the strike boss thing or anything else fun.

Guess I'll hop on to do the Nightfall tonight. Maybe do some gathering runs? Eh...Man, that sounds like zero fun, haha.

So Iron Banner is still basically just a roulette to see if you get on a team where the members don't leave immediately when their team gets behind 1000 points. I guess Bungie learned nothing from player habits in the beta (they could have easily added a rejoin timer for leaving early-- that might have taken 5 seconds). People will even leave before there's any discernable advantage of one team or the other. What a stupid waste of time.

lol dude you must stop calling me that. no offense taken

Soo, up to the Guardian, what?

No idea about the Queen's Wrath. It wouldn't be a horrible idea, because it could be a nice cyclical "welfare" route to get new or struggling players to level 26.

I don't know anything about the Trials of Osiris, it's still a myth so far as my eyes can see :p Only like I can say with any certainty is that Iron Banner absolutely will return.

Its autocorrect on swipe :(

went home for "lunch"... played Destiny instead. Did 2 public events (one each with my two dudes) hoping for shards. Got energy instead of course. I NEED 4 FLIPPING SHARDS TO HIT 28... JUST FOUR... dammit game, gimme gimme.

I am not doing the raid again until I am 28. The first time we beat it and I was 27, I was a liability.

E92 M3

Iron Banner has been brutal guys. So many deaths by suros. Gonna do my best to get rank 3 in iron banner. Hoping to see what higher rank stuff saladin has. Okay so does it still give you rank progression if you lose? Or do you have to win to progress in IB?

Also here's my psn if anyone wants to add for mp or raid help. I'm US central standard time.

Psn: Habanero_Guy

I'm a lvl 28 hunter and lvl 25 warlock.

You only get progress from winning.

DesertFox

I saw the rep for IB from 0 to 1 is 100.
What is it for 1 to 2, and 2 to 3?

I guess if the armor doesn't get you shards, then I won't bother anyway.

Oh I had no idea buying the drive would upgrade it to Legendary.
Any difference between the two drives?

Not sure about 2-3, but 1-2 is 1200 rep.

went home for "lunch"... played Destiny instead. Did 2 public events (one each with my two dudes) hoping for shards. Got energy instead of course. I NEED 4 FLIPPING SHARDS TO HIT 28... JUST FOUR... dammit game, gimme gimme.

I am not doing the raid again until I am 28. The first time we beat it and I was 27, I was a liability.

you can do the normal raid just fine at 27, but you'll definitely notice a difference when you level up, especially if you're holding the relic.

So true. They need add some glow to it. I feel like im always straining my vision trying to see those things...

i love mars aesthetically but making the mats the same brown as everything else was really poorly thought out

Am i doing in wrong?

I'm a mid 27 with full legendary armor, mid way leveled, who is saving all shards and raiding weekly looking for Raid Armor to invest in. Plan to stay a 27 until i fnd raid gear to invest in.

Problem comes with lvl 28 missions at times. I can easily get 1 shotted and sometimes do very, very little damage to enemies.

(I dont do PvP at all so theres that?)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just beat Atheon on Hard. By myself. Here's the video (the PS4's Share functionality actually worked!) Big thanks to Vinn from the Fireteam for pointing me to this video which clued me in on how to do it.
Amazing. lol

Am i doing in wrong?

I'm a mid 27 with full legendary armor, mid way leveled, who is saving all shards and raiding weekly looking for Raid Armor to invest in. Plan to stay a 27 until i fnd raid gear to invest in.

Problem comes with lvl 28 missions at times. I can easily get 1 shotted and sometimes do very, very little damage to enemies.

I would invest the shards to get to 28 and then stop. It's just worth it to get that one extra level.

So true. They need add some glow to it. I feel like im always straining my vision trying to see those things...

There's a really good chest run for it that starts at the spawn area in patrol. Hawkian hooked me up with the video so I'm sure it's in one of his guides. Hit that up if you haven't already. It was awesome because, as you said, that shit is hard to pick up on the horizon.

BraXzy

Just tried iron Banner.. it is so lol

FgajguG.jpg

Am i doing in wrong?

the raid gives you shards, and you should be able to dismantle vendor gear for shards. i'd at least upgrade enough until you get to level 28 to save yourself the headache. you don't need to level up any higher afterwards if you're waiting for gear.

Tovarisc

VoG Hard fully cleared! :)

What I have show for it?

• Façade of the Hezen Lords
  • Gloves of the Hezen Lords
  • Fragment of the Prime
  • Fatebringer
  • Praedyth's Revenge
  • Ice Breaker

As bonus from daily

• Universal Remote

Any recommendations for primary's that can be purchased from the Vanguard Quartermaster? I'm going to buy my first legendary primary tonight, and want something that's good for PvE. I'm working on the Bad JuJu bounty, so I'm leaning away from other pulse, but really want something that will help me with higher level strikes and maybe raids. Being good in PvP is a bonus, but I hardly ever play crucible and when I do it's mainly just to have fun.

geordiemp

There's a really good chest run for it that starts at the spawn area in patrol. Hawkian hooked me up with the video so I'm sure it's in one of his guides. Hit that up if you haven't already. It was awesome because, as you said, that shit is hard to pick up on the horizon.

I really hate farming for spin metal. All other materials are easy to see and find

dyergram

Two engrams one blue one purple in the space of 4 iron banner matches:

Two legendary helms that are pretty much the same as the one I already own. How much longer must I endure these peasant boots Bungie?

Bizazedo

The ships are 100 percent useless. They don't even have resale value for people who like visual wank because there's no trading system. They're useless. They do nothing. They provide nothing.

So are mounts in WoW. Except for the one time they did a speed difference, they're just palette / model swaps.

It still makes a certain group go for them and show them off. And I still see a bunch of people immediately use the raid one as soon as they get it.

If y'don't care about it, that's actually a good thing....:). And maybe if they make more outlandish Sparrows / easier to show the stuff off, people will latch on to them more.

I know people used the IB ship immediately as well in Beta.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Am i doing in wrong?

You want to hit 28 and stop there- it's a big gamewide difference from 27. If you distribute your upgrades evenly between all four pieces (do all the ones that require 0 shards first), it doesn't take that many to hit 28. Prioritize upgrading your exotic piece if any.

Am i doing in wrong?

When you start raiding, you'll be stocking up on shards/energies a lot faster. There really is no reason to horde all that until you get the gear for it.

I did the opposite, and waited until I was level 29 before I started raiding. The raid gear really doesn't make that much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom