• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

VoG Hard fully cleared! :)

What I have show for it?

• Façade of the Hezen Lords
  • Gloves of the Hezen Lords
  • Fragment of the Prime
  • Fatebringer
  • Praedyth's Revenge
  • Ice Breaker

As bonus from daily

• Universal Remote

Lmao. You've had more and better drops in one run than I have since it started. And I've done it every week. Ahh well.

Time to go in iron banner with almost a full parry to wreck heads.

lunlunqq

How many spinmetal typically do you need to fully upgrade a piece of gear? I have so many of them that I'm running out of inventory space. I think I should probably do some exchange for reps and marks.

lV9e6Kf.png

Daemul

Fuck it, I'm not waiting till Tuesday for the server reset. I'll just create an alt and level him up so that I can go straight for the hard mode raid and get my double drops.

Shouldn't take long to get to level 20, no more than 6 hours. I might just do an all nighter since I'm off work tomorrow anyway.

Wooh! 6 hours of Crucible!

Any recommendations for primary's that can be purchased from the Vanguard Quartermaster? I'm going to buy my first legendary primary tonight, and want something that's good for PvE. I'm working on the Bad JuJu bounty, so I'm leaning away from other pulse, but really want something that will help me with higher level strikes and maybe raids. Being good in PvP is a bonus, but I hardly ever play crucible and when I do it's mainly just to have fun.

Shadow Price. Enough said. Gun is a beast.

If you are looking for higher level/raid weapons, get a hand cannon. I'd wait for an exotic handcannon like TLW or Hawkmoon... But if you're intent on picking something up tonight, Shadow Price is a beast all around, hand cannon is great for raids etc.

koryuken

Two engrams one blue one purple in the space of 4 iron banner matches:
Two legendary helms that are pretty much the same as the one I already own. How much longer must I endure these peasant boots Bungie?

So is Iron Banner worth doing for the rewards? Do you get better loot than crucible? Or were you just really lucky?

the raid gives you shards, and you should be able to dismantle vendor gear for shards. i'd at least upgrade enough until you get to level 28 to save yourself the headache. you don't need to level up any higher afterwards if you're waiting for gear.

You want to hit 28 and stop there- it's a big gamewide difference from 27. If you distribute your upgrades evenly between all four pieces (do all the ones that require 0 shards first), it doesn't take that many to hit 28. Prioritize upgrading your exotic piece if any.

When you start raiding, you'll be stocking up on shards/energies a lot faster. There really is no reason to horde all that until you get the gear for it.

I did the opposite, and waited until I was level 29 before I started raiding. The raid gear really doesn't make that much difference.

Thanks for the tips guys. I rand the VoG twice (finished once on Monday) got maybe 30 shards and didn't have any problem with the enemies in there (helps to have something like 16 legendary weapons most leveled high enough as well as raid weapons) and i figured that it would be best to save... but everyone i speak with keeps telling me just to get to and stop at 28. I'm maxxed on leveling everything to the point it requires more shards (chest to the last shard level)... no exotic (yet - FU Xur bring the Warlock the Nemesis helm i've been holding out for). I guess i'll just "waste" some shards on the legendaries i have now as i might not get the raid set for weeks with my RNG luck. But i'm sure i'll get more ass shards.

Howdy! Might be looking to get a Raid going tonight on PS4 between 8-9 Central Standard. I'm 28 Warlock, and two friends: a 27 and 29 Titan. Just gauging interest. We've never done and would like a vet or two with us.

Daemul

after going through a bit of hard mode, normal raid is so easy

Seriously, I went through the normal mode Raid on Tuesday without dying once. Having to learn how to stay alive on hard mode has turned out to be a good skill to have for the rest of the game. Oh, my Red Death helps too, but yeah lol

At Hard mode Atheon. Need a group to finish him off on PS4. We can cheese it or do it legit.

Right this moment? Or sometime soon? I could jump on in 40mins. Would love to get see if i could snag some Hard mode gear... my luck sucks. Have beaten normal... down to cheese or fight.

E92 M3

vdYJKYM.png

That's my hording inventory. Ever since my early day JRPG days I have trouble using single use items. Love to save.

Just beat Atheon on Hard. By myself. Here's the video (the PS4's Share functionality actually worked!) Big thanks to Vinn from the Fireteam for pointing me to this video which clued me in on how to do it.

People with an Atheon Hardmode check point will be very popular. Some nice soul should keep an open game tonight and just let people join, get the checkpoint and bail. Others should host "back of the room" parties where everyone can bring their 26-28 alts in to get more loot.

Definity

People with an Atheon Hardmode check point will be very popular. Some nice soul should keep an open game tonight and just let people join, get the checkpoint and bail. Others should host "back of the room" parties where everyone can bring their 26-28 alts in to get more loot.

I like the way you think.

This is an excellent idea! Someone please do this!

ryuken-d

Two engrams one blue one purple in the space of 4 iron banner matches:

Two legendary helms that are pretty much the same as the one I already own. How much longer must I endure these peasant boots Bungie?

I had the same problem but with helmets. seriously had all legendary and an exotic before I got a good helm. blue helm forever!!!

E92 M3

High-five, looks like mine.

I am starting to use them a lot, though. 25k glimmercap is too easy.

Yeah, but I usually cash out with a few heavy ammo synthesis. Good way to keep stocked. At this point I am crazy enough to where I don't want to touch the "20" that's in reserve. Like in a Souls game, I always like to be carrying at least a few million. In Dark Souls 2 I have 30 mil or so on me lol.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
So Iron Banner is still basically just a roulette to see if you get on a team where the members don't leave immediately when their team gets behind 1000 points. I guess Bungie learned nothing from player habits in the beta (they could have easily added a rejoin timer for leaving early-- that might have taken 5 seconds). People will even leave before there's any discernable advantage of one team or the other. What a stupid waste of time.

Yup

EL CUCO

Dumb question but do Legendary/Exotic drop in Tiger playlist?

I can confirm. I got a Legendary engram off of a level 24 Tiger Strike as a reward, which was the "Truth"...literally too.

maxresdefault.jpg

I was about to back out since another person dropped off. Handled it with one other. It was the Archon Priest in Venus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom