• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmac456

rpQPcaJ.jpg

not too ridiculous of an inventory

motes and strange coins hopefully being spent on Xur tomorrow!

blackflag

Won't 28s get their asses handed to them on hard? I was thinking I'd have to get to 29 before attempting it. I would think two levels is a big difference at that level at least for taking damage as I'm sure the beastly weapons can still kill.

Yes 28s will get obliterated.

Homeboyd

p ess quad

I just haven't had much time from a clusterfuck of working on something and then when i'm on, i keep getting Blues with worse Light than I already have :(
Yeah... enjoy that grind. Took me about 85 hours to get my first exotic.

Real talk; rank up your vendors (vanguard, etc...) and buy your good gear. I wouldn't join a faction until you hit rank 3 of vanguard.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yes 28s will get obliterated.

I see under leveled folks asking for hard content a lot (tho not necessarily here). I'm guessing that the mentality tends to be that these under leveled folks can get carried by the higher leveled people.

Milennia

ok, I'm starting the roll call for my hard mode VOG,

29 plus
a mic

experience pref but not required

i will be starting the raid whenever we have enough

PSN cyborg1

either message me on gaf/PSN/reply if interested =D

Frenden

Banned
Does anyone find a redeeming use for the high-fire, low-impact and range ARs like Unwilling Soul from Dead Orbit? I just had a legendary of the latter drop and am tempted to shard it hard.

BraXzy

Iron banner just feels like an even more unbalanced version of a game mode I already disliked. And the level differences aren't noticable at all.

Bungie touted this as the ultimate show of dominance with low levels not standing a chance yet here I am level 29 with maxed out weapons still feeling just as powerful as a level 17 with a blue weapon..

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue

29 plus
a mic

PSN cyborg1

sure, why not. 29 hunter, psn dayeight

I'd be happy jsut getting through Templar

Homeboyd

Iron banner just feels like an even more unbalanced version of a game mode I already disliked. And the level differences aren't noticable at all.

Bungie touted this as the ultimate show of dominance with low levels not standing a chance yet here I am level 29 with maxed out weapons still feeling just as powerful as a level 17 with a blue weapon..
DeeJ said they were addressing this soon

pls don't ask me for a source... it was on b.net somewhere

Izuna

Banned
Was promised a hard raid on Bone at this time 😄 I am playing KI while I wait, forgot how good this game was.

Fee

Can someone please confirm to me whether or not sunsingers can self revive in the hard mode raid? Thanks.

Yup, they can. I'm actually in the process of getting raid gear for mine so I can switch mains for future content. Shit is beyond broken. I feel like the ideal hard mode raid would be 5 Sunslingers and a Defender Titan for weapons of light.

FStop7

Banned
I see under leveled folks asking for hard content a lot (tho not necessarily here). I'm guessing that the mentality tends to be that these under leveled folks can get carried by the higher leveled people.

From what I've seen that's (carrying 28s through hard mode VoG) a tall ask. Once you get to the final stages everybody in the party has an important job to do. I guess if it was like 4 30s and 2 28s they could be carried.

29 plus
a mic

PSN cyborg1

I'm on your friends list. Give me a shout if you get enough people

Cruxist

Just finished the weekly nightfall. Both guys I was with got exotics. I got 9 strange coins. Come on game. If you're giving out exotics to everybody else, at least give me the 13 I need for an armor piece.

Fee

From what I've seen that's (carrying 28s through hard mode VoG) a tall ask. Once you get to the final stages everybody in the party has an important job to do. I guess if it was like 4 30s and 2 28s they could be carried.

If you are using certain tactics (cheese) everything up to Gatekeeper/Atheon can be done with a full party of 28s. That said, good luck convincing a pug to take you if you are 28.

Oozer3993

So soloing Atheon is just duping him off the edge right?

Or is there another method?

I'm taking our group back to his checkpoint tonight and i wanna get it done for sure... seems worth it to try this strat at least a few times.

video link and maybe some PMs? I wanna get these guys through and get them that last loot drop tonight for sure.

Here's a video of me doing it on Hard. Some tips:

A Sunsinger Warlock is the best option (though a Titan with the armor that gives him two grenades can do it). And choosing the option that makes Radiance give increased damage resistance helps too. If you're on Hard, jump the same time I do to get behind the pillar next to Atheon (jumping makes it hard for him to hit you and since he hits like a runaway semi driven by the Incredible Hulk, every little bit helps). Anyone else in the game needs to hide. Atheon needs to focus just on the one guy near him.

Afrocious

Gonna get my Level 19 alt warlock to 20. Shouldn't take about an hour. Anyone on PS4 want to join in a hard raid run? I have gear to make her 29.

PSN: Afrodeeziyak

Afrocious

[URL=" a video of me doing it on Hard[/URL]. Some tips:

A Sunsinger Warlock is the best option (though a Titan with the armor that gives him two grenades can do it). And choosing the option that makes Radiance give increased damage resistance helps too. If you're on Hard, jump the same time I do to get behind the pillar next to Atheon (jumping makes it hard for him to hit you and since he hits like a runaway semi driven by the Incredible Hulk, every little bit helps).

Well goddamn.

Hoodbury

Anyone want to do the raid with me on normal tonight? I might be playing with GAFfers new to the raid, so if anyone wants to help me explain things, I'd appreciate it.

Are you looking for more newbie Gaffers or just other experienced Gaffers? I'm a 28 newbie Titan but would like to do the Raid depending on what time "tonight" is for you.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yup, they can. I'm actually in the process of getting raid gear for mine so I can switch mains for future content. Shit is beyond broken. I feel like the ideal hard mode raid would be 5 Sunslingers and a Defender Titan for weapons of light.

I'll take that as a compensation for the beyond lame exotics warlocks have.

The only good one is the grenade robe and only for crucible.

k1t4j

Anyone want to do the raid with me on normal tonight? I might be playing with GAFfers new to the raid, so if anyone wants to help me explain things, I'd appreciate it.

I guess I wasn't the only one.

If you still have space and depending when you want to do it tonight I would be interested newbie to the raid 28 hunter

realcZk

Gonna get my Level 19 alt warlock to 20. Shouldn't take about an hour. Anyone on PS4 want to join in a hard raid run? I have gear to make her 29.

PSN: Afrodeeziyak

I'm down in about 20-30 minutes. PSN is bytestyle but I'm already your friend I believe. I have another 29 warlock who's also on GAF that I usually play with who can join, we've done the cheese before on reg mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom