• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Anyone up for normal Raid? I've run it twice before and want this week's loot :)

I'm a Level 28 Titan (both subclasses maxed) and am vocal on mic. It'd be nice to get at least one person who's really knowledgeable as I still get a little lost along the way to the chests.

Anyone who might wanna join, let me know! I'm a_javierp on PS4.

Is anyone about to start a normal Raid on PS4?

Anyone up for normal Raid? I've run it twice before and want this week's loot :)

I'm a Level 28 Titan (both subclasses maxed) and am vocal on mic. It'd be nice to get at least one person who's really knowledgeable as I still get a little lost along the way to the chests.

OK, I'm up for it!

Are you looking for more newbie Gaffers or just other experienced Gaffers? I'm a 28 newbie Titan but would like to do the Raid depending on what time "tonight" is for you.

I'd like to have more experienced people. And it seems my plans fell through, so I am now looking for a full team to do normal raid around 8pm PST.

realcZk

Here's a video of me doing it on Hard. Some tips:

A Sunsinger Warlock is the best option (though a Titan with the armor that gives him two grenades can do it). And choosing the option that makes Radiance give increased damage resistance helps too. If you're on Hard, jump the same time I do to get behind the pillar next to Atheon (jumping makes it hard for him to hit you and since he hits like a runaway semi driven by the Incredible Hulk, every little bit helps). Anyone else in the game needs to hide. Atheon needs to focus just on the one guy near him.

Haha thats awesome, first one I've seen that's done prior to even getting time's vengeance.

k1t4j

I'm up for it! if you don't mind taking a n"new" guy.

can I send you a psn invite?

realcZk

wish i could join. 5 hours has only gotten my alt to level 10.

Got a higher level guy to play with? 2-3 manning loot cave 3.0 yeilds upwards of 180-200k xp/hour if done right, we've leveled a few buddies alts this way pretty fast

Does stuff like Melee Attack Speed and Grenade Throw Distance stack if you have it on 2 different pieces of armor? I didn't personally notice a difference with Grenade Throw but I'm not positive.

Got a higher level guy to play with? 2-3 manning loot cave 3.0 yeilds upwards of 180-200k xp/hour if done right, we've leveled a few buddies alts this way pretty fast

i don't think anyone on my list wants to shoot at a cave for a couple hours unless they're also making alts

Gonna get my Level 19 alt warlock to 20. Shouldn't take about an hour. Anyone on PS4 want to join in a hard raid run? I have gear to make her 29.

PSN: Afrodeeziyak

Shit, I forgot you could actually transfer your gear to another character! Whenever you're ready I wouldn't mind doing another Hard raid with you!

Dmonzy

ok, I'm starting the roll call for my hard mode VOG,

29 plus
a mic

experience pref but not required

i will be starting the raid whenever we have enough

PSN cyborg1

either message me on gaf/PSN/reply if interested =D

If you still need someone I would love to today! I can be on as soon as 7 EST.

Hmm. I'm gonna go and make an alt. yeah, I'll do that. Gonna be another Titan.

easier said than done. i'm soooooo bored grinding through these missions again. only keeping my sanity by blasting music and refreshing this thread during the unskippable cutscenes.

was better the very first time when i leveled up in crucible. no way am i going in there now at a low level.

*Splinter

Something seems wrong with iron banner... I am level 30 with Vex Mythoclast and maxed SUROS Regime, yet I'm killing people much slower with 'level advantages enabled' than in normal crucible... I also get killed faster by most people even though they are lower level than me (level 28 with SUROS seems the worst, should be almost a free kill to me but it seems the other way round)

If you wanted to see what a Level 3 can do with Level 1 Auto Rifle against 27-29's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FijmFvIRgHc
This guy is level 2-3 with the starting gun and looks like he gets the same damage as me? Most of his deaths (especially at the start) are because he missed his shots.

I'm not complaining because I'm losing, in fact I'm still winning all/most games, but it's noticably harder than regular crucible which doesn't make sense :s

Namikaze1

easier said than done. i'm soooooo bored grinding through these missions again. only keeping my sanity by blasting music and refreshing this thread during the unskippable cutscenes.

was better the very first time when i leveled up in crucible. no way am i going in there now at a low level.
I did it with a Warlock. Got her to 20 in 8 hours without going to Crucible.

Deku Tree

Here's a video of me doing it on Hard. Some tips:

A Sunsinger Warlock is the best option (though a Titan with the armor that gives him two grenades can do it). And choosing the option that makes Radiance give increased damage resistance helps too. If you're on Hard, jump the same time I do to get behind the pillar next to Atheon (jumping makes it hard for him to hit you and since he hits like a runaway semi driven by the Incredible Hulk, every little bit helps). Anyone else in the game needs to hide. Atheon needs to focus just on the one guy near him.

Wow that's crazy. If you have a save there, can you enter the final fight solo?

ryuken-d

I'm always looking for more people, I've done it once all the way and a few times randoms sections. I just got a raid piece so I went down to lvl27. of course I'd get a piece that takes my upgraded exotic spot! cool I get to wear my exotic helm without feeling bad though. need ass shards!!

PSN: ryuken-d
mic
ice breaker
void legendary

I"m thinking of designing a servo system and attach it to the controller and automate waking the hive.

Go to work and come back after a few hours with a leveled character.

Machining the parts will be tiresome and probably not worth it.

ryuken-d

Does stuff like Melee Attack Speed and Grenade Throw Distance stack if you have it on 2 different pieces of armor? I didn't personally notice a difference with Grenade Throw but I'm not positive.

grenade throw distance is the most useless perk imo. I only use grenade when I need too so emenies are pretty close. would rather have anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom