• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

Anyone want to do the daily? I need shards. Lol, man, am I regretting not exploiting those queens bounties. Guess I had no way of knowing though...

What sucks is that I've broken down two legendaries today and only got energy.
PS4 right? Sending a friend request. Anyone else want to do the daily?

TTG

Is the Archon Priest fight harder than other strikes on higher difficulties? I've done two other level 26 heroic weeklys with no problem (with 3 people)... but my friend and I just beat our head against the level 22 version of this boss for an hour (with 2 people). For info, I'm 26 and he is 24 but both of us have crappy guns.

Our very first try we were running all over the map killing adds and everything and actually had him down to like 1% health when I ran out of ammo, and died on a 95%ish percent revive on my friend. That was very demoralizing so maybe that's why we struggled from that point... but still, it seems crazy.

I did see there is a way to cheese it under the bridge, and maybe it's because I recently played Shadow of Mordor and the nemesis idea is still in my brain, but screw this Archon Priest. I want to get the kill legitimately. Any tips?

You would think with the void advantage(no one except for those floating eyes will shoot void at you during the boss fight) he would be a push over, he's got no overpowering attack either... but he's not. After two frustrating weeks of level 28 and nightfall attempts it's becoming very clear there's no reason to beat your head against the wall when your group is even only one level below. Unlike a Halo campaign on legendary, there's nothing to enjoy about it.

The dailies are a different story, this is just a headache and a grind.

Futaba

are there any weapons/armor NOT on public databases? its nice knowing whats out there but if peoole can just pull entire items lists off bungies servers it kinda kills the sense of excitement to find something nobody else might have seen.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I personally want the burial ring. I listened to my fiancé and got the green planet thing last time and totally regret it. lol. but with your outfit I think the albios might be the best one.
Spoiler Alert.
IT'S FUCKING GREEEN !!
bpEz7g3.jpg

Look at this gross PoS.
If I wasn't having fun with this game
and had a shader that went with this Bond
this would be the last straw.

EDIT : Can't even see the damn thing...

Is the Archon Priest fight harder than other strikes on higher difficulties? I've done two other level 26 heroic weeklys with no problem (with 3 people)... but my friend and I just beat our head against the level 22 version of this boss for an hour (with 2 people). For info, I'm 26 and he is 24 but both of us have crappy guns.

Our very first try we were running all over the map killing adds and everything and actually had him down to like 1% health when I ran out of ammo, and died on a 95%ish percent revive on my friend. That was very demoralizing so maybe that's why we struggled from that point... but still, it seems crazy.

I did see there is a way to cheese it under the bridge, and maybe it's because I recently played Shadow of Mordor and the nemesis idea is still in my brain, but screw this Archon Priest. I want to get the kill legitimately. Any tips?
With the void burn I found it incredibly easy. I soloed it on 26 with my 26 titan and only died twice. Soloed the 28 with my 28 hunter and never died.

You just have to play really really carefully and slow. Hanging out near the top on that always worked out really well for me.

Bottom line is bring a void sniper rifle and heavy weapon.

jadedm17

are there any weapons/armor NOT on public databases? its nice knowing whats out there but if peoole can just pull entire items lists off bungies servers it kinda kills the sense of excitement to find something nobody else might have seen.
That's why I stay off those sites for the most part, The only guns I know are what I see here so things (like that helmet) are new to me.

kaiiri

Spoiler Alert.
IT'S FUCKING GREEEN !!
bpEz7g3.jpg

Look at this gross PoS.
If I wasn't having fun with this game
and had a shader that went with this Bond
this would be the last straw.

EDIT : Can't even see the damn thing...

oh wtf? it was...... white before right?! i guess it was similar with the planet one i got. i swore it was blue then it was green when i equipped it. = / ... watch burial one become like orange or something. =__=

is that the polar oak shader or whatever? .. that's what i currently use. lol.

TTG

I'm gonna sit here and wait for Xur to show up. I mean, what if I'm 15 minutes late and he runs out of stock?

kidko

My move is to lure him toward the entrance and off to the right behind the rock wall. He can't get you if you hide in the little passage on the far side of the rock wall, but there's a door right there that releases adds, mostly the flying drones. So I save my grenades and use them when the adds come pouring out and deal with them with a machine gun. Then I turn back to the archon and keep hitting him with a fusion and my main weapon, careful to duck back in the hidey hole of he charges for a melee.

Helps to have friends to back you up in there and do it with you... Or roaming free and helping with adds.

With the void burn I found it incredibly easy. I soloed it on 26 with my 26 titan and only died twice. Soloed the 28 with my 28 hunter and never died.

You just have to play really really carefully and slow. Hanging out near the top on that always worked out really well for me.

Bottom line is bring a void sniper rifle and heavy weapon.

HOW THE HELL DO PEOPLE SOLO THESE!?!?!?

I cannot fathom how it is done.

IT was a challenge for me and 2 other people to finish the level 26 one with three of us.

you know where you enter? the little rock passage that falls down? Stay there. Kill all the enemies until he appears and stay in that little passageway. Occasionally you can go out and solely focus on the enemy, and once in a while a group of smaller baddies might come up to fight you there. This strategy is the way to cheese it since no enemies spawn behind you in that passage way up there. So you can theoretically stay up there and have people go down, then hugg the rock wall to your right. The boss will usually stay there around the corner just standing because his AI doesn't make him go into the passageway too often, so he'll just wait for you there like an idiot. You can pop out, throw some grenades, and then run back up the rocks for cover.

you can even do this for nightstrike. Just make sure you have at least one sunsinger and one hunter that can turn invisible and revive.

coolasj19

oh wtf? it was...... white before right?! i guess it was similar with the planet one i got. i swore it was blue then it was green when i equipped it. = / ... watch burial one become like orange or something. =__=
is that the polar oak shader or whatever? .. that's what i currently use. lol.
Yeah it's Polar Oak.

It was White. God this is infuriating. I remember that Planet thing being a nice color too but I just saw some other dude wearing it in a strike and it nearly made me dry heave. I can't get over this. It defaults to the ugliest sickliest color possible. Puke Green. The Burial will probably be Puke Green as well.

I swear to god and all things good and holy if I use all my marks to buy my White Sparrow and it's not the color it says in the preview... I will yell at Bungie on Twitter. Yeah!

Futaba

Yo I just got that.

Does anyone know when that Gunsmith guy will be selling rare Fusion Rifles again? I friggin need some to break down.

He doesn't show up till 5 AM EST.

he does a few times a week but as im in japan it seemed to be every time i was asleep
ended up getting most of mine through blue engrams from tiger strike playlist

Futaba

IT was a challenge for me and 2 other people to finish the level 26 one with three of us.

Cheesing, basically abusing design limitations such as geometry to ensure a safe distance between you and the boss, where the boss/adds cant melee you and can duck for cover from all attacks.

Nodnol

Morning/Evening DGAF.

So just under two hours till Xur? I almost want him to have Sunbreakers again, just because.

I do want the weapon to be a special or heavy though.

this nightfall was very easy to solo. only took me half an hour.

i'll stream it if you want. i'm about to do it again on my alt.

If you want to fight "fair" I don't think it's doable, but there seems to always be a spot where you can hide and snipe the boss in these fights. For this week it's under the balcony. I soloed weekly with 28 titan and 27 warlock, and nightfall with the warlock. Not pretty, not fast, but it gets the job done. Other than that, sniper rifle and take it real slow.

edit: I'm slow

kaiiri

It was White. God this is infuriating. I remember that Planet thing being a nice color too but I just saw some other dude wearing it in a strike and it nearly made me dry heave. I can't get over this. It defaults to the ugliest sickliest color possible. Puke Green. The Burial will probably be Puke Green as well.

I swear to god and all things good and holy if I use all my marks to buy my White Sparrow and it's not the color it says in the preview... I will yell at Bungie on Twitter. Yeah!

haha. i wouldn't be surprised if that was me running around with it. i swear i only see people use either that eagle one or the one that's one fire!!

i have 3 more motes to go (will probably get those tomorrow sometime) and i'll grab the burial one and hope for the best!

coolasj19

haha. i wouldn't be surprised if that was me running around with it. i swear i only see people use either that eagle one or the one that's one fire!!
i have 3 more motes to go (will probably get those tomorrow sometime) and i'll grab the burial one and hope for the best!
It was about 45 minutes ago in a Strike. Winter's Run. The one with the Archon Priest. Same as the Weekly Heroic.

How do you get Motes of Light? Leveling up and Public Events?

kaiiri

It was about 45 minutes ago in a Strike. Winter's Run. The one with the Archon Priest. Same as the Weekly Heroic.

How do you get Motes of Light? Leveling up and Public Events?

oh nm that wasn't me then. lol. pretty much. i don't know if the RNGesus is with me on motes or what not but i swear in a 2hr-ish bounty / farming run i get 3-5. though today i got a bunch of shards... which i'm happy with since i'm still in desperate need of them.

kaiiri

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The raid just bugged (surprise!), we completed the gatekeeper and got the loot but didn't get the Atheon checkpoint, lol.

this guy

Btw, for this week's nightfall, here's another easy cheese option that I did on two occasions:

Have one guy stand up on the pathway that leads to the clearing where the Archon priest is. Basically they stand back there, but don't actually enter the battle area. Enemies don't get close enough to them, and they never even really get shot at. They just sit there, while the other one or two guys blast their rockets at the boss. Each time they die, they just exit the fireteam and rejoin while the other dude continues to chill at the back of the map. Rinse and repeat until the Archon priest is dead. Just don't quit right when he's dying! If you have an upgraded Gallabamadingdong you only have to rejoin one time. Bring a heavy ammo pack or two though so you can start off fresh with rockets again when you join back up.

Izuna

Banned
Horrible strats for the Nightall boss. The hill where he can't get you is SO long... Just stay in the beginning, kill shanks then empty a clip, jump back up repeat.

SnakeEyes

Banned
The raid just bugged (surprise!), we completed the gatekeeper and got the loot but didn't get the Atheon checkpoint, lol.
I've never asked other people this, but does the Raid actually finish properly for anyone? The 4 times my group has killed Atheon, we get stuck at the Back to Orbit timer reading 0, and nothing happens. Not sure if this is a common occurrence for everyone or not.

KeRaSh

Did the Nightfall for the first time this week and my brother and I got legendary weapons which we didn't need and our friend got 6 STrange Coins. Not a great haul but I have enough coins to buy whatever Xur throws at me. Hoping for an Ice Breaker...
It'll be Sunbreakers again. Yes, even for the weapon slot! ;_;

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I've never asked other people this, but does the Raid actually finish properly for anyone? The 4 times my group has killed Atheon, we get stuck at the Back to Orbit timer reading 0, and nothing happens. Not sure if this is a common occurrence for everyone or not.

It always happens.

This is the quick fix actually. It used to bug on a black screen when it was trying to send everyone to the mission complete screen. Now you just stay in the mission, that way you can exit it manually rather than being stuck with nothing on your screen.

Did the Nightfall for the first time this week and my brother and I got legendary weapons which we didn't need and our friend got 6 STrange Coins. Not a great haul but I have enough coins to buy whatever Xur throws at me. Hoping for an Ice Breaker...
It'll be Sunbreakers again. Yes, even for the weapon slot! ;_;

I am praying for either Icebreaker, Suros Regime or Gjallahorn.

Anything else will be kind of a let down.

I am PRAYING its not some crappy hand cannon.

If I get another Achilles shader I'm going to throw up. I've gotten that shader like 7 fucking times. What the hell are the chances of that? Do certain classes only get certain shaders?

Bungie really needs to add more everything to this game.

Did you guys ever get raid gear from the gatekeeper part, right before the Atheon fight? I have done it so many times, and each time I have pretty much only recieved shards

Anyways, I have two checkpoints for hard mode Raid on 2 different characters. One is at the Atheon, one at the gatekeeper. Looking for some experienced level 29s+ to do one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom