• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

You're not forced to cheese it. You can still do it the normal way. It's for Level 30s after all.
Even at level 30 it seems prohibitively difficult to do with normal strategies, almost everything (Outside of Atheon fight) is a one shot, Hobbies etc. There's no margin for error even, as you can't be revived.
knocking atheon off of the map is probably a cheese. everything else is making use of the mechanics in the raid. why have all of the platforms around the templar room within jumping distance for example if players weren't meant to get up there?

i like that there is no one way to do the raid. every group i've run with has done something slightly different.
The current strategies remind me of the various boss exploits that occurred during early WoW raiding, removing all difficulty in a fight or beating an encounter completely by through unintended methods. I can't imagine Bungie put in the pillars knowing that players would jump up there and avoid all the mechanics that make the encounter difficult, this really only applies to the Templar fight as the Atheon fight is actually well balanced and a lot of fun.

I know a few of the cheese things are getting addressed soon, gonna be a good time for people who have been relying on that instead of forming a real strategy.
This is good to hear.

Xater

I really wish it wasn't down on the weekly refresh day. Tuesday and Friday are my favorite days to play. I just want to do the nightfall real quick before hard raid tonight.

Yeah it's evening right now in Europe. I thought it would be the perfect time to do the dailies and weeklies. So much for that plan...

Hoodbury

I still remember the first time I used the Titan bubble in the Crucible. I was still working on leveling up the Defender subclass and was doing some PvE stuff. Switched over to PvP and forgot to change back to Striker.

Playing Control and see 3 guys capping a flag and I sprint towards them, single jump to get the right range for fist of havok, click R1+L1 right at the perfect moment... put down a bubble about 12 meters away from them and yell WTF just happened?

I wonder what they were thinking just happened?

Welp, it's official. Atheon can be cheesed.

Also, I won't be able to raid tonight....some stupid last minute changes happened on my end and I gotta tend to them. Sorry heroic folks.

Please group with me later int he week though :) I should be free tomorrow. Especially gotta try this cheese.

You can still join ours again, lol.

Uthred

We all know Fireborn works miracles, but I'm curious whether most people roll with a higher agility build or try and maximize armor to make your warlock less fragile.

I find recovery to be more useful than either agility or armour, the base agility is quick enough and most hard mode enemies shred armour so quickly that upping it is only useful for an extra shot or two. Better to take a hit or two dodge behind cover and let higher recovery get you back into the action sooner.

todd360

I'm reading Bungie twitter. Someone wrote this "also FIX XUR FOR THE FUCKING WARLOCKS WITH THIS PATCH YOU FUCKS"

I loled so hard. We warlocks are in pain and no one will help us.

Warlock Sunsinger Poll: to all the SunBros & SunGirls out there, what are your preferred subclass abilities for hard strikes/raids?

We all know Fireborn works miracles, but I'm curious whether most people roll with a higher agility build or try and maximize armor to make your warlock less fragile.

Sunsinger.jpg

I tend to try to maximize armor and regeneration go with fusion grenades with Gift of the Sun. 1 sticky is generally enough to clear the shields of a mob. Still trying to find shards for my voidfang (on respawn come back with grenades) to compliment rezzes with fireborn

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just unlocked my Starless Night in the Helm of Saint 14. Here's hoping people still haven't smartened up yet.

ALL OF THIS. Seriously, the game needs this. I don't know how big of an impact it would have on PvP as far as on the fly class switching goes, but Loadouts are sorely needed.

Starless Night is AMAZING in PvP and PvE. So good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been sitting happy at 29 for awhile now. I don't feel a need to hit 30. Of course I want to eventually, but it's out of my control anyway.
*solemn nod* We all want to, but it's just not the same as it must be in a lot of other games. There's an odd dynamic to each of the levels post-27. 28, 29, and 30 all represent quite different things to me. Again none of this was explained to the player outright, but it's what I've learned.
Making your alts all the same as your main is a little sad. Whether its sad for the player or sad for the game design is up to interpretation.
The real reason it's sad to me is that I honestly really like all the classes. They're a lot more distinct than they seem at a glance.

I was wondering when the Sunsinger lock I am leveling would "click" for me like my Bladedancer did on unlocking Stalker.

It was Flame Shield. The answer is Flame Shield.

Nodnol

Thought of the Day:

When it comes to Agility, Recovery and Armor, do you max out the two most relevant to your class, or like to have a balance between them?

Bizazedo

*solemn nod* We all want to, but it's just not the same as it must be in a lot of other games. There's an odd dynamic to each of the levels post-27. 28, 29, and 30 all represent quite different things to me. Again none of this was explained to the player outright, but it's what I've learned.
The problem is like prepatch Rahool, though. We don't need to be 30. Psychologically, though, we feel incomplete and inferior if we aren't.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Warlock Sunsinger Poll: to all the SunBros & SunGirls out there, what are your preferred subclass abilities for hard strikes/raids?

Sunsinger.jpg

Max armor and recovery for me.

For the grenades I usually roll with the first one but for supplicants I prefer the second one. The agile fuckers hop away before they even get a tick.

Trojan

I find recovery to be more useful than either agility or armour, the base agility is quick enough and most hard mode enemies shred armour so quickly that upping it is only useful for an extra shot or two. Better to take a hit or two dodge behind cover and let higher recovery get you back into the action sooner.

I tend to try to maximize armor and regeneration go with fusion grenades with Gift of the Sun. 1 sticky is generally enough to clear the shields of a mob. Still trying to find shards for my voidfang (on respawn come back with grenades) to compliment rezzes with fireborn

I may need to double down on regeneration like you guys. I've been focusing on armor to be a little more resilient to my play style but this might be the way to go. I've got the Sunbreakers that have a solar grenade perk so I've almost exclusively been using those along with Gift of Sun.

KingV

Destiny could use a weapon/armor update pack.

Needs more variety.

This. I honestly think the drop rate is driven partly by the fact that there are only about 30 exotics in the game total and 50 legendaries for each slot (many of which are just variations that share names).

FYI, the counts by the way are from destinydb

Thought of the Day:

When it comes to Agility, Recovery and Armor, do you max out the two most relevant to your class, or like to have a balance between them?

As a sunsister I've gone for armour to balance my stats out. That was mainly so I could survive longer in the crucible.

Having read a recent post, I'm gna to go recovery, when we can get online.

Cynar

Will the Iron Banner gear get you to 30?
Unfortunately there is only one path to 30 at this time and that's to raid. Those who don't want to raid are out of luck. It's really silly since during the entire game you have options to how you want to play and then you get limited at the end.

Thought of the Day:

Playstyle and game mode. I like to move quickly with my Hunter in PvP. It's saved my bacon quite a few times and allows me to turn the tables when I've got an enemy pursuing. Though in PvE where I don't need so much Agility, the added defense can mean the difference between life and death.

Sunsinger.jpg

I do armor and recovery.

todd360

Unfortunately there is only one path to 30 at this time and that's to raid. Those who don't want to raid are out of luck. It's really silly since during the entire game you have options to how you want to play and then you get limited at the end.

It wouldn't be as bad if the armor actually dropped. They need better drop rates on armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom