• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby2096

Does anyone have the problem where you can spin the camera really fast when you rotate left, but not right?? This is on PS4 with a DS4, when I remote play from Vita it doesn't have a problem going in either direction.

I'm thinking maybe the plastic housing the analog stick isn't allowing the stick to move far enough to trigger the increased right-ward rotation. I hope there was a way to recalibrate the DS4..

I may need to double down on regeneration like you guys. I've been focusing on armor to be a little more resilient to my play style but this might be the way to go. I've got the Sunbreakers that have a solar grenade perk so I've almost exclusively been using those along with Gift of Sun.

tbh, i really dont think Solar Grenades are very useful in higher level strikes/raids. Enemies tend to scatter the moment a Solar grenade hits the floor, and at most you get 1 or 2 ticks (even on the atheon fight when i tossed solar grenades into those rooms where mobs spawn, they would hang back and not move forward until the grenades ran out). I'm a fan of the fusions for its shield stripping potential and for larger groups of weaker mobs the 2nd one traited for the burn DOT works well in wittling away health

gatti-man

I was discussing this with a fellow gaffer last night and I think we both came to the same consensus. However, if you're able to obtain such gear with relative ease compared to raiding, it almost defeats the purpose of tackling harder content.

Well pve should stay pve in that the best pve gear should be second best pvp and the best pvp be second best pve. This way peoppe could strive for both and both would be usefull and relevant.

Afrocious

I wonder how long this outage lasts. I should be able to play tonight, just not at 6 and a bit after.

It's about to be 2pm now and I doubt this issue will last more than 4 hours.

At any rate, with this Atheon cheese, it'll cut down time considerably.

Also congrats to voidwalkers finally being useful in endgame.

IcyEyes

Warlock Sunsinger Poll: to all the SunBros & SunGirls out there, what are your preferred subclass abilities for hard strikes/raids?

We all know Fireborn works miracles, but I'm curious whether most people roll with a higher agility build or try and maximize armor to make your warlock less fragile.

Sunsinger.jpg

Most of the time I prefer the agility, I like to be more tough sometime, but in the end, all I want is watching my foes burn.

Ps Recovery always on top of my build.

Trojan

tbh, i really dont think Solar Grenades are very useful in higher level strikes/raids. Enemies tend to scatter the moment a Solar grenade hits the floor, and at most you get 1 or 2 ticks (even on the atheon fight when i tossed solar grenades into those rooms where mobs spawn, they would hang back and not move forward until the grenades ran out). I'm a fan of the fusions for its shield stripping potential and for larger groups of weaker mobs the 2nd one traited for the burn DOT works well in wittling away health

I want to play around with fusion grenades right now...WHY MUST YOUR SERVERS BE DOWN BUNGIE

Edit: aaaahhhhh yeaaaa back up

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

Haha, you obviously have not tried lobbing solar grenades at Atheon's chest when he's in his summoning pose. I can routinely put 2 solar grenades at his crit spot that continuously damage him until they burn out. It may not be quite as much damage as when the buff is on, but it certainly helps.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The problem is like prepatch Rahool, though. We don't need to be 30. Psychologically, though, we feel incomplete and inferior if we aren't.
Disturbingly accurate.

Without changing a single thing about Destiny's internal systems, loot drop ratios, or progression rates, I could have designed the experience to feel about 100x less antagonistic merely by communicating things a bit differently.

I really think Destiny will be used in game design classes one day. The whole "purple engrams turn blue lol no wait fixed in two weeks" fiasco was just one of the most fascinating UX phenomena I've seen in multiple generations of gaming.

Ultimately, Destiny is a wonderful example of Good Design Bad Conveyance; I'll choose it every day over Bad Design Good Conveyance (original-release Diablo III, Batman: Arkham Origins), and certainly over Bad Design Bad Conveyance (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for NES).

The thing is that Bungie really did get the right things right. It's hard for many people to see because depending on your perspective a lot of individual things feel frustrating to the player in immediate terms, but the core design decisions will keep people coming back and give the franchise extraordinary legs- bank on it.

void666

Banned
Got to vanguard rank 2 today. Bought the chest plate so i could get rid of the ugly queen crap.
Also bought the hunter's cloak ghost angel. I like it. Looks like a pair of broken wings.
Reminds me of Raziel. Specially with red and blue shaders.

Croc

Banned
Is anyone on PS4 teaming up for Iron Banner? I'd like to hop in with a group if possible.

I'm a 28 Warlock.

*Splinter

Even at level 30 it seems prohibitively difficult to do with normal strategies, almost everything (Outside of Atheon fight) is a one shot, Hobbies etc. There's no margin for error even, as you can't be revived.

The current strategies remind me of the various boss exploits that occurred during early WoW raiding, removing all difficulty in a fight or beating an encounter completely by through unintended methods. I can't imagine Bungie put in the pillars knowing that players would jump up there and avoid all the mechanics that make the encounter difficult, this really only applies to the Templar fight as the Atheon fight is actually well balanced and a lot of fun.

This is good to hear.
Are you really at level 30? I'm 29 and hobgoblins take 2 shots to kill me...

I wouldn't say it's overly difficult either (again, at 29). It's certainly a decent challenge but nothing close to unfair or impossible

I want to play around with fusion grenades right now...WHY MUST YOUR SERVERS BE DOWN BUNGIE

Edit: aaaahhhhh yeaaaa back up

heheh let me know how it goes. Only issue with fusion grenades is there is very little aoe so you gotta be good with your aim (Fuck Minotaurs who teleport right before the grenade sticks...)

Haha, you obviously have not tried lobbing solar grenades at Atheon's chest when he's in his summoning pose. I can routinely put 2 solar grenades at his crit spot that continuously damage him until they burn out. It may not be quite as much damage as when the buff is on, but it certainly helps.

Haha that I have not, I'm always apart of the away team lol

Welp, it's official. Atheon can be cheesed.

Also, I won't be able to raid tonight....some stupid last minute changes happened on my end and I gotta tend to them. Sorry heroic folks.

Please group with me later int he week though :) I should be free tomorrow. Especially gotta try this cheese.

Don't worry, we'll try not to get through the whole thing in one night.

Navy Bean

Well pve should stay pve in that the best pve gear should be second best pvp and the best pvp be second best pve. This way peoppe could strive for both and both would be usefull and relevant.

Yep, for some silly reason they kinda force you to play both modes. Which is fine at the beginning but not going forward imo. Sucks for the PvE and PvP only people.

Croc

Banned
Is anyone on PS4 teaming up for Iron Banner? I'd like to hop in with a group if possible.

I'm a 28 Warlock.

reposting for new page!

edit: I'm typically very good at PvP, but I'll occasionally have an off-match or two.

ethomaz

Banned
Tuesday become the busiest day of my week.

- Raid
- Weekly Strike
- Nightfall
- Iron Banner

So much to play in one night :(

Pierate

Really, servers are up? They take them down as I get off work and bring them back up when my girlfriend wants the tv. Thanks bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom