• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

Very pleased to see Ice Breaker for sale to those who haven't obtained it yet. I expect to see a lot more Nightfall solos on Tuesday.

Ice Breaker is love. Ice Breaker is life.

I'm looking for a legendary AR that's like my Suros, since I can't use the Suros and Ice Breaker at the same time. Shadow Price appears to be the "Baby Suros" weapon of choice?

TTG

Well, hey hey! I just found Timur's Lash. Iron banner, how does it even work?

Timur%27s_lash.jpg

Edit: that image isn't entirely correct. The magazine size is 7. My particular upgrades are hip fire and third eye(radar stays active).

WITHE1982

Very pleased to see Ice Breaker for sale to those who haven't obtained it yet. I expect to see a lot more Nightfall solos on Tuesday.

Ice Breaker is love. Ice Breaker is life.

I'm gonna quickly run and buy the thing via remote play while I'm at work just in case Bungie decide to "patch" it for something else.

I'm looking for a legendary AR that's like my Suros, since I can't use the Suros and Ice Breaker at the same time. Shadow Price appears to be the "Baby Suros" weapon of choice?

With the re-generating ammo perk for the ice-breaker then you should just be able to switch over on the fly.

Icebreakers for everyone? Raiding/Nightfall is going to be so easy now. I already have one but I almost feel like buying another just so I can stop tossing it between my alts so much.

Also for Warlocks who play Crucible a lot, get Voidfang. Spawn with a grenade every time is just fantastic. And just as an FYI, you can still get the bonus without actually using those shitty axion bolts which are still shitty with the boost.

I'm gonna quickly run and buy the thing via remote play while I'm at work just in case Bungie decide to "patch" it for something else.

They didn't patch the Suros, why would they patch the Ice Breaker?

With the re-generating ammo perk for the ice-breaker then you should just be able to switch over on the fly.

Too bad you can't use the Suros, Ice Breaker, and Gjallarhorn at the same time.

Oh, I just figured out why you can only use 1 exotic weapon at a time.

golem

Last 12 hours I got:

Sunbreakers from Nightfall (already had)
Crest of Alpha Lupi from a Purple Engram (thanks Rahool!)
Gjallahorn from Iron Banner (played terribly, got rewarded)
and Ice Breaker from Xur

Shoulda picked up a lotto ticket while i was at it!

I have 34 coins left. Should I take a risk and buy my 3rd most wanted exotic piece? I already have a raid chest piece. Weekly Heroic will put me back at 30, but I will need 6 more to guarantee I won't miss out on anything I want next week. 6 coins in a week by chance is definitely doable but I was planning to play The Evil Within next week and not grind Destiny.

Once I do the 28 weekly I'll have enough coins for both Icebreaker and Voidfang Vestments. I just don't know if I should get Voidfang or not. I was hoping for Heart of the Praxic Fire, so maybe I should just get Icebreaker and save my coins for next week.

Anyone have both Praxic Fire and Voidfang? What's your favourite and why?

CRA5H

Thank goodness it doesn't cost 23 coins! I barely had enough and my heart almost sunk when I saw it was Ice Breaker. It was Solar DMG too so I now have an exotic/leg sniper for each DMG type. Thank you Xur!

I can't freaking decide. I'll just sleep on it. I WANT something to make me play Voidwalker in PVP, but everyone and their mom is raving about Ice Breaker.

Dissapointed by this week's sale, I think I'll just buy this from Speaker for 25 motes..

Btw how good is that chest piece for Hunter who already has Symbiote but doesn't use golden gun much?

It is great if you use the Bladedancer, fusion rifles and heavy weapons a lot. I get lots of mulitikills with that grenade in Crucible. Now I should get even more.

Wow! Icebreaker! I was hoping for this or Patience & Time.

Icebreaker is awesome! Holds only 6 rounds but regens a bullet ever 6 seconds, missed shots have a chance to return to clip and of course explode goodness. The range is maxed out which is awesome. It will be a great weapon to switch in if needed as you won#t have to worry about restocking your special ammo like you would if swapping other weapons in.

Between this and the Hawkmoon I got this week's NF, my hunter is a happy chappy. :)

Midas

Since I have 48 strange coins, I'll probably pick up the Ice breaker. No use to just save them for nothing I guess.

BraXzy

Dissapointed by this week's sale, I think I'll just buy this from Speaker for 25 motes..

Btw how good is that chest piece for Hunter who already has Symbiote but doesn't use golden gun much?

Please post a screen of the cape if you buy it I'm tempted to get it. The chest piece is insanely awesome if you're a fan of arcbolt grenade (or grenades in general).

I got 18 coins so I need to do the Weekly for the other 9. Anyone up for it on XB1?

I will in a few hours if you aren't desperate to do it right now.

Fitts

I (finally) came up against a Vex Mythoclast in PVP last night. Fortunately, it was in the hands of a terrible player and we were on Bastion so I was able to just keep my distance and observe. As feared, it's completely broken. Despite this particular player not using cover ever, spinning in circles often when being fired upon, (clearly not using the radar) and running blindly around every damn corner in the map they still managed to outscore everyone on both teams. (29 kills) It was ridiculous to watch others get the drop on them over and over only to have the Vex user spray and pray their way to victory.

Bungie, pls. Either ban this gun from PVP or nerf the heck out of it. How anyone thought its inclusion was a good idea is baffling. In addition, can someone please explain to me what sort of joy one derives from having something so ridiculously gamebreaking? Instead of receiving an easy mode difficulty setting for completing what's supposedly the toughest challenge in the game I would much rather be rewarded with the ability to crank all PVE content to level 30 upon completing the Vault on hard. Maybe I've just gotten used to this reward, but I've always enjoyed the sentiment of being able to overcome a challenging difficulty setting only to then be able to re-roll the game at an even higher degree of difficulty. It's what I've found to really add the most longevity to something.

As it stands, my core group has a "dismantle on sight" (and post capture to YouTube to make the COD kiddies cry) policy for the Vex Mythoclast. We don't need charity and would rather be having fun, thanks.

Izuna

Banned
Since yesterday I got Vex, Atheon's Epilogue, Legendary Ship, Ice Breaker... Nightfall is so straight forward right now lmao

Marvel

could never

That is beautiful.

Well I'm over halfway through IB Rank 2, I may buy a Speaker buttscarf for my Titan myself so when it's over I can look all sexy with my new armor.

Icebreaker with no hesitation over any armor piece.

That's what I'm leaning towards, but it's such a hard choice. I love using Voidwalker in PVP, but I only have Sunbreakers and Praxic Fire, so I don't get any use out of my exotics if I do.

But man, that regenerating ammo on Ice Breaker would help so much with cheesing the Templar on Hard.

WITHE1982

Wow! Icebreaker! I was hoping for this or Patience & Time.

Icebreaker is awesome! Holds only 6 rounds but regens a bullet ever 6 seconds, missed shots have a chance to return to clip and of course explode goodness. The range is maxed out which is awesome. It will be a great weapon to switch in if needed as you won#t have to worry about restocking your special ammo like you would if swapping other weapons in.

Between this and the Hawkmoon I got this week's NF, my hunter is a happy chappy. :)

This. I'm gonna just use up the ammo in my maxed out Supremacy sniper then switch out for ice breaker. Game just got a hell of a lot easier.

Took me ages to solo the Nightfall this week and I got... 10 ass energy. Thanks RNGesus.

It is great if you use the Bladedancer, fusion rifles and heavy weapons a lot. I get lots of mulitikills with that grenade in Crucible. Now I should get even more.

Please post a screen of the cape if you buy it I'm tempted to get it. The chest piece is insanely awesome if you're a fan of arcbolt grenade (or grenades in general)

Cool, will get it. And yeah I'll post gif/screencap once I get it, still 2 motes short atm. I was contemplating between this and strength of pack but strength of pack looks too bling-y with Chtterwhite. Cosmic Joke will go nice with both Chatterwhite and IB shader.

I can't freaking decide. I'll just sleep on it. I WANT something to make me play Voidwalker in PVP, but everyone and their mom is raving about Ice Breaker.

If your thinking of getting Voidfang for the axion bolt upgrade, don't. Its still the worst choice. The grenade refill every spawn is great though, but that applies to all grenades, not just axion.

Ken

What's the lowest level you can do nightfall on where your damage would matter including the burn modifier?

BraXzy

Cool, will get it. And yeah I'll post gif/screencap once I get it, still 2 motes short atm. I was contemplating between this and strength of pack but strength of pack looks too bling-y with Chtterwhite. Cosmic Joke will go nice with both Chatterwhite and IB shader.

Yeah that's what I thought about Strength of the Pack too. Oh and yeah the other person you quoted made a good point.. the extra heavy ammo is a godsend too. 7 rockets instead of 5 may not seem like a big deal but it makes a huge difference imo.

hydruxo

Mmm bought me an Ice Breaker. Xur came in clutch this weekend!

Another helm engram is disappointing though. I'm going to spend my motes on the Strength of the Pack cloak from the Speaker I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom