• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbortz78

Soo happy with Xur this week for selling Ice breaker and other drops for my 27 warlock.

And also soo happy that I didnt spend coins on Sunbreakers since I got a pair from an engram yesterday. Also happy with the gunsmith for selling rare fusion Rifles last night so now "only" 200 kills in nightfall.

Any tips for the 200k nightfall bounty for a lvl 27, any spots in this weeks that I can solo?

Futaba

PSA: You can abuse ice breaker to replenish ammo for other secondary weapons.
Secondary reaches 0 rounds
Switch to Ice breaker, allow it to charge to 6
Switch back to chosen secondary, in my case, Epitatch sniper rifle - 4 rounds in chamber, 7 in reserve.

PigzFly

Go with Thorn, Bad Juju is probably the worst exotic weapon in the game. Its gonna get a buff in a patch, tho. But they haven't said when

Bad Juju is awful right now. Straight up useless. Thorn is better by the simple fact that it's not a horrendous piece of crap.

Both are getting buffed at some point so it's up to you which one you want to secure first. Thorn is the better bet if you want something to play around with now although I feel that just about any legendary hand cannon is better.

Ahh excellent, thanks :D Now the long slog to actually getting it!

WITHE1982

PSA: You can abuse ice breaker to replenish ammo for other secondary weapons.
Secondary reaches 0 rounds
Switch to Ice breaker, allow it to charge to 6
Switch back to chosen secondary, in my case, Epitatch sniper rifle - 4 rounds in chamber, 7 in reserve.

I was wondering about this. Amazing that it actually works. Unlimited ammo for all secondary's then? Nice.

Hyun Sai

After trying Ice Breaker, I'm convinced now Bungie can't balance things for shit. Ammo regen + Max Range + High Impact ? And nobody came and say "ok guys, everybody will use this, let's tone it down".

The "rebalance" will be glorious, but not in a way we expect.

Izuna

Banned
After trying Ice Breaker, I'm convinced now Bungie can't balance things for shit. Ammo regen + Max Range + High Impact ? And nobody came and say "ok guys, everybody will use this, let's tone it down".

If it weren't for Xur, I'm all for these weapons being super rare and powerful.

anddo0

If anything, these weapons should cost more strange coins. I noticed the Ice Breaker cost 4 more than average. I'm thinking, something like 25 should be standard for this level of gun. The higher cost will keep the said gun somewhat rare, because everyone can't afford it. It will also cause people to take pause, and debate if it's worth spending their 25 coins that week.

If you compare it to Patience & Time, the other exotic sniper rifle, the only thing that really makes it better is the ammo regen. P&T is fairly competitive to it but yeah ammo regen is nuts for a sniper. PVE king.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh man Ice breaker wrecking everything. 2 shots on a level 28 Hydra? Can't wait until its fully upgraded.

Wait I thought ice breaker regenerated ammo? This doesn't? Fuck why did I waste the coins.

It is for me. Give it 5 seconds.

Riddler

I feel so blessed... This is what I got from Xur's engram

BzlE0qHIYAAt0Je.jpg:large

I also got the Ice Breaker so I wanted to switch from Sunsinger to Voidwalker anyway, so I needed an exotic to replace my Sunbreakers... This works out perfectly.

Nice! I was hoping for that today,but got the Apotheosis Veil....again ;_; Owell.

Much appreciated... as always.

edit: wrong video dude. It's from last week.

correct vid below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6gCgBp4VMM

Ha, thanks for the correction!

Best way to get EXP when Daily and Bounties are gone? Got a long day of nothingness ahead of me.

Turn the bounties in, completely shut off your console and boot up the game to see the bounties still available at the bounty tracker. You can keep re-doing them, turning them in, rinse and repeat with console shutting off.

Other than that, Crucible.

Izuna

Banned
Turn the bounties in, completely shut off your console and boot up the game to see the bounties still available at the bounty tracker. You can keep re-doing them, turning them in, rinse and repeat with console shutting off.

Other than that, Crucible.

What the fuck what?

So I turn it in then immediately turn my system off?

I just got my third exotic bounty.
Shattered memory fragment( Pocket Infinity)
Tolands Legancy (Bad Juju)
A voice in the wilderness(Super Good Advice)

Which one to choose?
Isn't pocket Infinity the fusion rifle with auto fire?

rdrr gnr

Helped a friend do the Nightfall. His reward? A single purple engram.

Which one to choose?

Choose PI. BJ and SGA are both terrible weapons.

Maledict

Anyone interested in running the weekly heroic strike at level 28 tonight at around 6pm British time? Just need 4 more coins to buy the icebreaker and that thing looks far too tempting to pass up...

kaiiri

Which one to choose?

it is. it's also one of the easiest bounty to do.

Soo happy with Xur this week for selling Ice breaker and other drops for my 27 warlock.

And also soo happy that I didnt spend coins on Sunbreakers since I got a pair from an engram yesterday. Also happy with the gunsmith for selling rare fusion Rifles last night so now "only" 200 kills in nightfall.

Any tips for the 200k nightfall bounty for a lvl 27, any spots in this weeks that I can solo?

Another gaffer suggested something I tried yesterday and it worked! I got Pocket Infinity.

Just start the Nightfall and go to the first Darkness zone (starting Fallen cave where you find the first Dregs fighting Vex. Turn back around and go to the Ishtar Academy.

Once inside, you have 2 big fights between Vex and Fallen, one in the library and another in an open area with a crashed Fallen barge. Neither of those fights have level 28s.

But that open area leads to both the beginning of the Archive and the Nexus strike areas. On the Archive you have level 28 fallen and on the Nexus you have level 28 Vex. Go to one area and kill everything with your fusion riffle, then turn back and go to the other. Rinse, repeat.

Each area has around 20 enemies. You can die and it won't kick you back to orbit since those are not considered Darkness zones in the Nightfall.

Slamo

Damn, I only have 10 strange coins.
Will have to try my luck on the weekly, but at lvl25 I can't take all the 9 coins out of it...

If you want any help later tonight or during the weekend, just add me. I'm on PS4.
PSN id: jeanbodin

What the fuck what?

So I turn it in then immediately turn my system off?

Yeah, complete your bounties and turn them in. Completely shut off your console right after, then boot up to Destiny to see the bounties are still there and didn't reset.

Good way to level up factions and weapons/armor. Get 3-4 easy ones if you can, then keep doing 'em. Have fun.

If anything, these weapons should cost more strange coins. I noticed the Ice Breaker cost 4 more than average. I'm thinking, something like 25 should be standard for this level of gun. The higher cost will keep the said gun somewhat rare, because everyone can't afford it. It will also cause people to take pause, and debate if it's worth spending their 25 coins that week.

Icebreaker is cheaper than any primary from Xur.

Primary - 23 coins
Secondary - 20 coins
Heavy - 17 coins

Icebreaker is my favorite gun now. Just demolished the Gate Lord in the Daily Heroic lvl 28 with about 8 shots...and this was before any damage upgrades. Fucker bent over in pain after each critical hit.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, complete your bounties and turn them in. Completely shut off your console right after, then boot up to Destiny to see the bounties are still there and didn't reset.

Holy what the fuck. Trying this now. I only have one bounty in so it may not be good for today. Not sure if this can work on the bone though.

Edit: Didn't work for me?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I shouldn't have skipped playing yesterday. Possibility of getting 3 Shards yesterday means I could have reached level 29 today. I got a Warlock legendary engram which I've dismantled for Shards, I got 2 from today's Daily and another 2 from the public event and the postmaster.

And I just realized typing this I haven't hit my limit on Marks from the Vanguard so if I do some more I could buy a Legendary piece then dismantle for the last 2 Shards.

Rock on 29 here I come! :D

njd_online

Banned
Faackkkkkkk!!!

Ice breaker is 17 strange coins and I only have 13!?!!? Noooooooo!!!!

How can I make 5 in an evening with only one levelled up character.

Grrrr.

Logged on, bought Ice Breaker, and then logged off. I think I may be a bit tired of the game at this point.
But I have the Digital Guardian edition so I guess I'll be back for the Expansion.

So.... Bounty glitch is only for a window of time when they are about to reset.

yes as long as you are logged as they reset and complete them all and hand them in before you log off, when you log back in after completing them they refresh for you.
But yes only works once, only good for me on sat/sun :( damn you work.. DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Izuna

Banned
yes as long as you are logged as they reset and complete them all and hand them in before you log off, when you log back in after completing them they refresh for you.
But yes only works once, only good for me on sat/sun :( damn you work.. DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Not sure if I'll bother with this then, I have to wait until SUNDAY 9AM to do it...

Anyone interested in running the weekly heroic strike at level 28 tonight at around 6pm British time? Just need 4 more coins to buy the icebreaker and that thing looks far too tempting to pass up...

I want to run 28 weekly tonight, so I can do it at around 6:30-7:00 (Portugal here so should be at around the same time BST). PS4 28 level Warlock PSN: Sleepy_Buddha

Send me a FR if you're interested.

jbortz78

Another gaffer suggested something I tried yesterday and it worked! I got Pocket Infinity.

Just start the Nightfall and go to the first Darkness zone (starting Fallen cave where you find the first Dregs fighting Vex. Turn back around and go to the Ishtar Academy.

Once inside, you have 2 big fights between Vex and Fallen, one in the library and another in an open area with a crashed Fallen barge. Neither of those fights have level 28s.

But that open area leads to both the beginning of the Archive and the Nexus strike areas. On the Archive you have level 28 fallen and on the Nexus you have level 28 Vex. Go to one area and kill everything with your fusion riffle, then turn back and go to the other. Rinse, repeat.

Each area has around 20 enemies. You can die and it won't kick you back to orbit since those are not considered Darkness zones in the Nightfall.

Awesome! Many thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for, esp since my buddy in amrs is going away for the weekend:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom