• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Iron Banner seems unpopular with my friend list. Most people are playing Raids, Strikes or Patrol. And for some reason people playing IB have their Fireteam joining closed so I can't even join in. Dunno what's going on.

Anyway, I went at it alone with randoms and did really well. Was the top scorer in my teams and won 5 of the 7 games last night. The games I lost in were really close. Went back to farming for Spirit Blooms which took a while and maxed out my Shadow Price.

I really want to get to Rank 2 before IB ends so I can get the Class Item. I guess playing with friends for it is gonna be a hassle if this keeps up tonight.

The rewards for it just aren't good enough to warrant wasting all your free time for a week to get to rank 3. I might try to get to rank 2 this weekend for the hunter cloak but nothing else is really worth the time IMO.

I was literally just thinking I'll never get an exotic bounty and bam. Got a choice out of shattered memory, voice in the wilderness, tolands legacy.

????

Voice in the wilderness machine gun sounds most straight forward. Good choice?

No, Super Good Advice is pretty terrible.

Shattered Memory Fragment is the way to go. Pocket Infinity is really good.

E92 M3

I am happy my friend got the Ice Breaker, but Xur selling all of the cool/useful exotics in the game is just detracting from the joy I had finding those weapons. What's the point of exotics that can be cheaply bought? Ice Breaker is one of the most sought out weapons and this just turns it into a shingen.

--

Also, seems like my g-score dropped by 25 points overnight for some reason. I remember being at 1950 and then this morning it was 1925. Maybe I am hallucinating, maybe not. Anyone ever have something like that?

My legendary primary weapon, the shadow price is taking forever to lvl up. any good advice on how to speed that up?

Will it slow the progress of LVL up if I have other gear equipped that also is not maxed out ?

if you have 2 maxed out weopens on while you have your shadow on it will level faster (according to post a few topics ago)

Bounties are king.

hydruxo

My legendary primary weapon, the shadow price is taking forever to lvl up. any good advice on how to speed that up?

Will it slow the progress of LVL up if I have other gear equipped that also is not maxed out ?

Bounties bounties bounties.

And yeah it will. It goes to everything you have equipped that needs to be upgraded. So if theres something you really want upgraded soon, equip all maxed out gear to funnel XP to that one.

Finalow

where is Xur?

also anyone willing to help me for weekly heroic strike 24 or 28? :< I'm 26 but soloing 24 I think it would be too long.

LiK

Hahaha, just read that Xur is selling Icebreaker. Heard it's pretty OP. I'll grab it since I'm swimming in coins now. The ammo regen will be super useful.

I am happy my friend got the Ice Breaker, but Xur selling all of the cool/useful exotics in the game is just detracting from the joy I had finding those weapons. What's the point of exotics that can be cheaply bought? Ice Breaker is one of the most sought out weapons and this just turns it into a shingen.

--

Also, seems like my g-score dropped by 25 points overnight for some reason. I remember being at 1950 and then this morning it was 1925. Maybe I am hallucinating, maybe not. Anyone ever have something like that?

Yup.

I'm really upset about this. I have two characters, grind out dailies and bounties. Do two nightfalls, two weekly heroics, two raids. All to try and get a rare weapon that I want. The IceBreaker was one of the last guns I was still sought after.

So I can just go home and BUY it?! Thats not fun.

Ourobolus

Banned
Bounties bounties bounties.

And yeah it will. It goes to everything you have equipped that needs to be upgraded. So if theres something you really want upgraded soon, equip all maxed out gear to funnel XP to that one.

Oh, damn. I thought everything got the same amount (as in the full amount). Good to know.

Finally!! The drought is over, I got my first exotics
from Xur.
I bought Ice Breaker and the helmet engram.

My warlock is going to be running around with the sniper riffle and my alt titan got a....Helm of Inmost Light. I got a good chuckle when I saw what the RNGesus provided for me. It's a fine helmet, but I was hoping to see some gear that I haven't seen a bunch of people already wearing. So it goes. Now I just need to actually have an exotic drop instead of spending strange coins and motes of light. It will happen
probably when I learn to start worshiping the RNGesus.

Give people all the weapons they want and they will stop playing.

Bungie just doesn't get it. Smh.

You're absolutely right. I keep coming back in hopes, that one day, I'll get something sweet to drop.

The telemetry packs Xur sells are great. I used one for my Scout rifle last week and I got it fully upgraded really quick.

Oh thanks dude, only got 1 chest on Mars so that should be fun.
I haven't gotten it yet but I think it's actually the fourth chest you find on Mars. Not the fourth chest on the list if you were to look up the locations online. So you couldn't just go straight to to chest number four.

Was relieved to see this as I only needed one more coin after I run the weekly.

RedFury

Iron Banner seems unpopular with my friend list. Most people are playing Raids, Strikes or Patrol. And for some reason people playing IB have their Fireteam joining closed so I can't even join in. Dunno what's going on.

Anyway, I went at it alone with randoms and did really well. Was the top scorer in my teams and won 5 of the 7 games last night. The games I lost in were really close. Went back to farming for Spirit Blooms which took a while and maxed out my Shadow Price.

I really want to get to Rank 2 before IB ends so I can get the Class Item. I guess playing with friends for it is gonna be a hassle if this keeps up tonight.
I'll be on tonight if you need a group. My nephew and I consistently get wins. Almost lvl 3.

I'll be on tonight if you need a group. My nephew and I consistently get wins. Almost lvl 3.

Add me ManThatYouFear (i will forget to send you request)

I need all the IB love i can get :D my random teams are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

If xur is going to sell icebreaker i wonder if mythoclast is in xurs RNG list?

MADGAME

No doubt there have been many complaints regarding the grind of the game, and the difficulty associated to acquiring powerful/legendary/exotics. Bungie gives access to some very useful and powerful weapons, then people complain they don't feel warm, fuzzy and special anymore because other people have the same gun.

X-Frame

Guys I've had the Knucklehead Radar exotic helm for my Hunter alt for a while but today I gambled on the helmet Engram and got the Achlyophage Symbiote.

Which is "better"? I assume the Knucklehead is better for PvE and the Symbiote for PvP?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is the Ice Breaker really worth getting?

giphy.gif

Yup.

I'm really upset about this. I have two characters, grind out dailies and bounties. Do two nightfalls, two weekly heroics, two raids. All to try and get a rare weapon that I want. The IceBreaker was one of the last guns I was still sought after.

It is fun for me. I have put over 120 hours into this game. I want to get my wish list done and move on until the expansion.

Oh the sound of icebreakers all around me :)

Well congrats to those who were waiting for Xur to sell you one. I've loved mine since I got it, and it will change a lot of encounters in a good way for you. Enjoy!

Guys I've had the Knucklehead Radar exotic helm for my Hunter alt for a while but today I gambled on the helmet Engram and got the Achlyophage Symbiote.

Which is "better"? I assume the Knucklehead is better for PvE and the Symbiote for PvP?

Exact opposite. Radar is mostly useful for PvP.

LiK

The rewards for it just aren't good enough to warrant wasting all your free time for a week to get to rank 3. I might try to get to rank 2 this weekend for the hunter cloak but nothing else is really worth the time IMO.

Yea, there's nothing I care about except for the Class item. I love the look of the Titan Mark.

E92 M3

Yup.

Indeed - what's even worse is they made 17 coins, hahah!

No doubt there have been many complaints regarding the grind of the game, and the difficulty associated to acquiring powerful/legendary/exotics. Bungie gives access to some very useful and powerful weapons, then people complain they don't feel warm, fuzzy and special anymore because other people have the same gun.

Well, I am not a hypocrite. I have never purchased any weapon or armor from Xur. Don't see the point of a loot game when the best/exotic pieces can be purchases. It just takes away the fun from finding them. Really, Bungie's logic doesn't make sense. They equipped everyone with the best weapons in the game. The Suros is too dominant in PVP now, and the Ice Breaker everywhere will make PVE a joke even more. There are guns I want badly (Plan C and Patience) but will not buy them if Xur sells it.

It is fun for me. I have put over 120 hours into this game. I want to get my wish list done and move on until the expansion.

lol exactly.

If you never got all the weapons you wanted, there would be a greater chance you would keep playing until the expansion.

E92 M3 said:

At this point they are just trolling all of us who have put over 100hrs into the game grinding for the best weapons.

Oh you want the best sniper in the game BY FAR..... here you go.
Oh how about the best assault rifle in the game... you can have it!!

At least when they had the Gjallarhorn for sale no one knew what a Xur was or had the coins...... that'll be next week... for 13 coins.

Well, I am not a hypocrite. I have never purchased any weapon or armor from Xur. Don't see the point of a loot game when the best/exotic pieces can be purchases. It just takes away the fun from finding them. Really, Bungie's logic doesn't make sense. They equipped everyone with the best weapons in the game. The Suros is too dominant in PVP now, and the Ice Breaker everywhere will make PVE a joke even more. There are guns I want badly (Plan C and Patience) but will not buy them if Xur sells it.

No issue for you then if you just won't buy it. Don't get mad that other people don't want to grind forever though.

LiK

The solution with Xur is if he sold the Exotics for higher prices or the Exotics he sells are gimped so you still want the ones that are dropped. That would probably make the dropped versions still more valuable and more special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom