• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

Why is that false? Is killing the first Dreg out of the cave and having it drop a legendary engram that turns into Ice Breakers not easy? I'm pretty sure that's considered playing the game.
When the cave still worked, legendary engrams gave green and blues lol

DjRalford

How the he'll do people solo nightfall, I keep dying on the last enemy spawn of the ghost hack to either a sniping hobgoblin on one side or a minotaur that spawns behind me.

I'm hiding on the tall rocks, any advice?

Why is that false? Is killing the first Dreg out of the cave and having it drop a legendary engram that turns into Ice Breakers not easy? I'm pretty sure that's considered playing the game.

You would have had a better chance running the weekly heroic on level 26 for thee weeks to get your coins than sitting in front of that cave all day for 3 weeks and hoping to get an Ice Breaker.

I'm sure some people have gotten theirs from the cave. But there is still RNG to deal with.

RedFury

I hate Mythoclast in PVP so much. :(
Yeah they suck but not unbeatable. Joined a match where a clan was using them, we were losing. I think the maps called Delphi and we were bravo side. This first thing we do is push alpha because EVERYONE goes bravo. Once alphas taken take bravo for behind them. It becomes hard for them to take alpha because it becomes a spawn location...anyway point being we turned the game around and they started backing out which was funny.

Camwi

So what will Xur sell today?

cxofx.jpg

Shito

So that's it then.
It packs quite a punch as well, apparently (don't have it, but I hope I'll be able to get the 7 coins I'm missing), but yeah its main thing is the ammo regen. You can then snipe from a good vantage point in all safety, without the need to move from it and fetch ammo. It's godlike if you want to solo things, and even in a team you can be one hell of a good assist to your friends fighting it out in the middle of the battlefield.

How the he'll do people solo nightfall, I keep dying on the last enemy spawn of the ghost hack to either a sniping hobgoblin on one side or a minotaur that spawns behind me.

Go through the weekly first and take note of where the Hobgoblins spawn. Make sure only one can see you at a time and make them a priority. You have to get rid of those bastards.

X-Frame

You're too close to them. Go back and up even higher and they won't shoot at you whereas you'll be able to take them out one by one with a sniper rifle. Bring one with a long-range scope and elemental damage.

WITHE1982

Patience my friend. Snipe the hobgoblins from distance and if you're far enough back you should never be spawned on. It also helps being a sunsinger for the revive if you accidentally get tagged.

Now the boss at the end... that's a different story. Took me 5 goes to finally beat him.

Thank god I found out Bad Juju sucks before I tried doing the 25 strikes before Xur disappears again

I don't get this "Bad JuJu" sucks opinion that's being thrown around by everyone. It's a tad weak on impact, has a small magazine (we'll get to that), but the thing fires extremely fast, is super accurate and has some great perks. Ammo directly back into the magazine you're firing is awesome! What's reloading? And with the buff i bet it becomes one of the best rifles in the game.

rNilla

Hmm, I already have Third Man and Kucklehead exotic helms - is there any point in buying the Raspberry chest piece? I guess it depends on what raid gear I am hopefully blessed with in the weeks to come but do some raid pieces only drop in Hard mode?

Maledict

On one hand I can understand people's frustrations with Xur selling the best weapons. I got the Last Word from a random legendary engram, I love it dearly and would clearly be a bit narked if suddenly everyone had one from Xur.

But rationally - I didn't do anything special for that gun. In fact, I probably did *less* that the people who farmed the strange coins - I think the exam dropped from a level 4 vandal on earth at the time as I was running through an area. The elation I had when i got the gun doesn't retroactively vanish. Basically, I just need to grow up and live with it - the more people that enjoy the game and have access to good items them better.

I do also agree that in one respect this is how the game is meant to be played - you can get to level 28 without a single random drop in the game, and this is just another way of allowing that. At some point I'm sure they will even add in tokens for the raid to remove the random nature of that.

Ken

You would have had a better chance running the weekly heroic on level 26 for thee weeks to get your coins than sitting in front of that cave all day for 3 weeks and hoping to get an Ice Breaker.

I'm sure some people have gotten theirs from the cave. But there is still RNG to deal with.

Mmmm yeah you're not making a coherent argument for anything.

E92 M3

Xur will never sell the Vex Mythoclast. That's one exotic worth striving for.

Not so sure about that one lol.

I can also easily shoot into a loot cave and get Ice Breakers week 1.

Of course, some people are really lucky with RNG some aren't. I tend to have shitty luck and every now and then get something cool. Exotic weapons should be exotic to a certain degree. What's the point of calling something exotic if it can be easily purchased? And Strange coins are easily attainable. There should be weapons and gear for people that invest time into this game.

If I am sounding elitist - that is not my intention. I've played games where players have a lot of cool shit that I can't get because of not playing enough, and that is okay with me. Like I said, I have the same perspective on games that I do in the real world - work hard for the coolest stuff. And I know the parallels are weird, but video games are serious business lol.

Fitts

I don't care that Xur is selling Icebreaker nor do I care where others are getting theirs from. I'm happy that players are able to get the gear they want.

Signed,

Someone who had Icebreaker before it was cool (my first exotic)

P.S. The Last Word next week, Xur? Please?

Ken

Not so sure about that one lol.

Of course, some people are really lucky with RNG some aren't. I tend to have shitty luck and every now and then get something cool. Exotic weapons should be exotic to a certain degree. What's the point of calling something exotic if it can be easily purchased? And Strange coins are easily attainable. There should be weapons and gear for people that invest time into this game.

If I am sounding elitist - that is not my intention. I've played games where players have a lot of cool shit that I can't get because of not playing enough, and that is okay with me. Like I said, I have the same perspective on games that I do in the real world - work hard for the coolest stuff. And I know the parallels are weird, but video games are serious business lol.

Exotics can refer to their perks being...exotic and have nothing to do with their rarity.

Also you should be more concerned about how VoG drops work than what Xur is selling if hard work being rewarded with cool stuff is your perspective on things.

You know, I just thought about it and while I originally hated that Xur sold exotics because it "cheapens" them I now realize it's for the best. People who got it as a drop feeling less special shouldn't. People who AFK can get the same exact weapons.

The vanguard/crucible vendor weapons change elements every so often right? I know I heard that somewhere before but I don't know if it's true or not.

If they do, how often do they change?

I don't get this "Bad JuJu" sucks opinion that's being thrown around by everyone. It's a tad weak on impact, has a small magazine (we'll get to that), but the thing fires extremely fast, is super accurate and has some great perks. Ammo directly back into the magazine you're firing is awesome! What's reloading? And with the buff i bet it becomes one of the best rifles in the game.

String of Curses is great. The issue is that, unless you're fighting low level enemies in patrol or whatever, it's pretty pointless because it's likely going to take you two or three clips to actually kill something which is why it's just not that useful of a weapon right now.

I love my Bad Juju though, don't get me wrong. I really hope Bungie gives it the proper treatment when they buff it because if they do I'll be using it a lot. Same with Thorn for that matter.

void666

Banned

What minotaur? Just stay on top of the hill where you came from.
Nothing spawns over there.

Just snipe everything. If you have a good rocket launcher use it when enemies are crowded together.

But i failed soloing this nightfall. You better have someone with you. Too easy to be one shotted.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

The problem with Bad Juju is that it's main Exotic effect only serves to mitigate how shitty the weapon is without it. The weapon seems intentionally designed to be really ineffective unless you are able to continuously be killing things in one (stupidly small) clip or less. That is not how exotic weapons should work. Exotic weapons should be strong as-is, and even cooler when you unlock the exotic effect, not "struggle through how mediocre it is until you finally get the perk that makes it decent sometimes"

I'm mostly excited about Ice Breaker because of how it will affect my PvE playstyle. Sniper rifles are so situational and they give you so little ammo for them, that I basically never take one with me as my default special in to mission. I am much more likely to need a fusion rifle or maybe a shotgun when shields start to come in to play and shit hits the fan up close since. And switching weapons depletes SO much ammo that you might as well not unless there's ammo already lying around*. Sure you can use ammo consumables, but I only keep maybe 4 or 5 on me at any time because I'm not making nearly as much glimmer as some of you (Really don't know how some of you are hitting the cap so easy). Plus the cooldown is so long that I'm out long before I can use the next one. So basically, with regenerating ammo, I can se myself using a sniper rifle a lot more often whereas before, I would have just tried to slowly pick things off with my scout rifle or something.

* Can we talk about how dumb this is? I understand it for PvP, but in PvE switching specials and heavy weapons should give you the same percentage of ammo for the weapon you're switching to. I don't understand the logic in this decision. Especially when they mix and match so many shield types. I'm really curious if they just really don't want you to switch from your primary loadout.

milkham

The vanguard/crucible vendor weapons change elements every so often right? I know I heard that somewhere before but I don't know if it's true or not.

If they do, how often do they change?

String of Curses is great. The issue is that, unless you're fighting low level enemies in patrol or whatever, it's pretty pointless because it's likely going to take you two or three clips to actually kill something which is why it's just not that useful of a weapon right now.

I love my Bad Juju though, don't get me wrong. I really hope Bungie gives it the proper treatment when they buff it because if they do I'll be using it a lot. Same with Thorn for that matter.

I dont think they change, its just that you can get the same weapons as drops with different characteristics

E92 M3

Exotics can refer to their perks being...exotic and have nothing to do with their rarity.

Also you should be more concerned about how VoG drops work than what Xur is selling if you want hard work being rewarded.

Yes, I've done the VOG 7 times or so and still stuck at 29. The VOG loot needs some adjust for sure.

At the end of the day, I don't care what Xur sells - I have friends that are really happy now. Was just stating an opinion for the sake of conversation.

ICEBREAKER GET!

I also bought the engram but it ended up being a Titam helm =/
I considered buying the Warlock chest but I just got the raid chestpiece this week and finished upgrading it.

I dropped a few shards in my helm to hit level 29 and REALLY want to do the Hard raid. Anybody doing it this weekend on PS4 and could use a lvl 29 Warlock/Sunbro?

PSN: Darknyss

Ken

Yes, I've done the VOG 7 times or so and still stuck at 29. The VOG loot needs some adjust for sure.

At the end of the day, I don't care what Xur sells - I have friends that are really happy now. Was just stating an opinion for the sake of conversation.

That's ok I didn't even read through your original post with your opinion when I posted lol.

Camwi

What minotaur? Just stay on top of the hill where you came from.
Nothing spawns over there.

Just snipe everything. If you have a good rocket launcher use it when enemies are crowded together.

But i failed soloing this nightfall. You better have someone with you. Too easy to be one shotted.

It is too easy to be OHKOed, but assuming you're not one of us special Sunsingers, you should still be able to poke your head over the cliff just enough to see and shoot one Hobgoblin at a time.

Zakalwe

Banned
If you don't like any of the Titan marks and would prefer to not wear one at all, just make a new Titan and use the mark you start the game with.

It's just a belt with no sash, and blends into your armour almost entirely.

God damnit Xur I need heart of praxic and you're not even selling chest engrams.

I am actually more ticked by the amount of warlocks who are going to go double grenade sunsinger + voidfang vestments in pvp now versus ice breaker. I haven't seen many doing it because voidfang hadn't been sold yet, but now I guess I'm not so unique /cry

I get to the boss pretty easily. Sometimes I die, but I'm a sunsinger so I get a second chance.
I'm not patient enough for the boss though, so I did it in a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom