• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Thinking of buying some exotics for my Hunter alt for when I start him... I'lll also snag a speaker cloak. Apart from the Ice Breaker, nothing else to spend my fortune on.

Swag

Got a free Ice Breaker yesterday, so just got the chests and the Exotic Engram, which decoded into an Exotic helm for my Hunter's Arcblade spec, pretty happy.

Anyone know how many shards you get for dismantling an Exotic armor piece? I want to buy the Helm of light for shards but not if it's going to give me only 3-4

kaiiri

Got a free Ice Breaker yesterday, so just got the chests and the Exotic Engram, which decoded into an Exotic helm for my Hunter's Arcblade spec, pretty happy.

Anyone know how many shards you get for dismantling an Exotic armor piece? I want to buy the Helm of light for shards but not if it's going to give me only 3-4

they give the same amount as a legendary.. so like 2-3 I believe.

Zakalwe

Banned
it´s a hell of a sniper rifle. its smashing everything :)

I need to do the raid mate, maybe sometime this weekend or next week if possible ?

I have my alt Titan I need to raid with. Are you and Joel ready to go sometime this evening or tomorrow? I could lead a group through, could build one here.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What armor is that?

You spent a crazy amount of ass shards lol.

Purchased from the Vanguard dude apart from the helmet.

• Helmet - Helm of Inmost Light
  • Guantlets - Monitor Type 2
  • Chest - Monitor Type 2
  • Legs - Armada Type 3

Yea lol it's taken me until today to fully upgrade everything, I got the armour all back in the first 2 weeks I believe. I still need 8 more Shards to fully upgrade my Helm of Saint-14. I should be able to get that done by Sunday if I luck out with Shards in the daily and public event for the next 2 days.

Zakalwe

Banned
isnt buying armor just pointless? as the Raid gear you get from doing raid are better?

I invested in a set of level 29 armour as raid gear wasn't dropping for me. Next raid I get two pieces. :p

It's fine though, the 29 set has specific bonuses for a specific build while the raid is a more generalised set. I like having both.

Give people all the weapons they want and they will stop playing.

Bungie just doesn't get it. Smh.

Don't give people the weapons they want and they'll complain because they're getting the same stuff over and over. There's a deeper problem here: there isn't enough loot variety in this game, and at this point that's the only thing driving continued play for most people.

So I'm doing the exotic bounty for pocket infinity right now and I have to kill 200 enemies with a fusion rifle in nightfall.
Kill a few guys, no ammo left, nothing dropped.
Equip ice breaker, wait till ammo is full, change to fusion rifle = fusion rifle has ammo again :D

I have my alt Titan I need to raid with. Are you and Joel ready to go sometime this evening or tomorrow? I could lead a group through, could build one here.

Sorry mate, tonight is impossible, tomorrow night is better, at around 23:00 CET, thats 22:00 UK time.. otherwise sunday works fine anytime

Homeboyd

Give people all the weapons they want and they will stop playing.

Bungie just doesn't get it. Smh.
I dunno man I just ran the entire daily ONLY using the ice breaker (no nades, melee, any other weapon). Most fun I've had yet.

This gun is better than I could've ever imagined.

I dunno man I just ran the entire daily ONLY using the ice breaker (no nades, melee, any other weapon). Most fun I've had yet.

This gun is better than I could've ever imagined.

I have a fully leveled Icebreaker, I can run nightfall or any strike by my own, just sniping from afar :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Literally 9 out of 10 times I do Tiger Strike it's the fucking Nexus strike, give me a fucking break already game.

So I'm doing the exotic bounty for pocket infinity right now and I have to kill 200 enemies with a fusion rifle in nightfall.
Kill a few guys, no ammo left, nothing dropped.
Equip ice breaker, wait till ammo is full, change to fusion rifle = fusion rifle has ammo again :D

lol Shhhhhhh! I'm hoping Bungie doen't catch on and patch it! (I'm aware they probably know and have known... but still!)

PSA: You can abuse ice breaker to replenish ammo for other secondary weapons.
Secondary reaches 0 rounds
Switch to Ice breaker, allow it to charge to 6
Switch back to chosen secondary, in my case, Epitatch sniper rifle - 4 rounds in chamber, 7 in reserve.

Yup just realized this, gonna do the switcheroo between this and Patience of Time a lot.

LiK

Iron Banner seems unpopular with my friend list. Most people are playing Raids, Strikes or Patrol. And for some reason people playing IB have their Fireteam joining closed so I can't even join in. Dunno what's going on.

Anyway, I went at it alone with randoms and did really well. Was the top scorer in my teams and won 5 of the 7 games last night. The games I lost in were really close. Went back to farming for Spirit Blooms which took a while and maxed out my Shadow Price.

I really want to get to Rank 2 before IB ends so I can get the Class Item. I guess playing with friends for it is gonna be a hassle if this keeps up tonight.

Zakalwe

Banned
tipps for leveling up exotic weapons (fast) ? :D
Bounties and funnel the xp.

When you gain xp, it spreads to any item you have equipped that needs it.

Equip all fully levelled gear aside from the single item you want to level before you trade in bounties and it will level a lot faster.

halbprinz

Neo Member
Bounties and funnel the xp.

When you gain xp, it spreads to any item you have equipped that needs it.

Equip all fully levelled gear aside from the single item you want to level before you trade in bounties and it will level a lot faster.

thanks bro (Y)

Went through two unsuccessful Raid playthroughs during the night. It wasn't really something I felt like doing cause I was in the middle of doing Iron Banner, but since I kept getting invites, I joined. At least I got some ascendent energy out of it >.>

I was in a rush to see what Xur had in stock before leaving for college. I only wanted to see this week's weapon, but pressed the wrong button and ended up buying it LOL. Oh well I ain't even mad, gun looks sick

KZObsessed

I was literally just thinking I'll never get an exotic bounty and bam. Got a choice out of shattered memory, voice in the wilderness, tolands legacy.

????

Voice in the wilderness machine gun sounds most straight forward. Good choice?

My legendary primary weapon, the shadow price is taking forever to lvl up. any good advice on how to speed that up?

Will it slow the progress of LVL up if I have other gear equipped that also is not maxed out ?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The telemetry packs Xur sells are great. I used one for my Scout rifle last week and I got it fully upgraded really quick.

If you didn't get all the golden chests on Mars you can get one there too from the fourth one.

Oh thanks dude, only got 1 chest on Mars so that should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom