• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
MvP ten games, won 5 Rumble matches. Vex made me realise how shit the Hand Cannon was and reaffirmed exactly why I don't like PvP. Meeeeeh

String of Curses is great. The issue is that, unless you're fighting low level enemies in patrol or whatever, it's pretty pointless because it's likely going to take you two or three clips to actually kill something which is why it's just not that useful of a weapon right now.

I love my Bad Juju though, don't get me wrong. I really hope Bungie gives it the proper treatment when they buff it because if they do I'll be using it a lot. Same with Thorn for that matter.

The problem with Bad Juju is that it's main Exotic effect only serves to mitigate how shitty the weapon is without it. The weapon seems intentionally designed to be really ineffective unless you are able to continuously be killing things in one (stupidly small) clip or less. That is not how exotic weapons should work. Exotic weapons should be strong as-is, and even cooler when you unlock the exotic effect, not "struggle through how mediocre it is until you finally get the perk that makes it decent sometimes"

Yeah i agree with you guys on that. I just think that (well hope) Bungie's buff will up the damage and range and really make it a beast. fingers crossed

LiK

Anyone wanna list everything Xur is selling atm? Didn't see it posted in a few pages back. And no, I can't watch a video right now cuz I'm at work.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ice breaker is only 17 strange coins? looks like i need to do the weekly...

Deku Tree

Is the experience buff given by the "auto rifle telemetry" thing that Xur sells good? Or is it just a really small minor buff? I am trying to upgrade my legendary AR…

Anyone wanna list everything Xur is selling atm? Didn't see it posted in a few pages back. And no, I can't watch a video right now cuz I'm at work.

Same. Please! I'd really like to know what weapon boosts he has and which sparrow drives. I've been doing some google magic but everyone is only listing the main exotics.

th4tguy

Just saw a picture online that showed icebreaker is only 17 coins. Is this true? If so, I don't need to run the heroic today to get it.

RedFury

I've only ever seen the hand cannon maybe 6 or 7 times, nothing else.
Yeah I've got 3 HC, I'm beginning to think it's only what's in the picture that's unlock able. Which would piss me off. I want full IB armor and if I have to wait till next IB(because he's only selling 2 pieces)to get it...ugh

Flo_Evans

Is the experience buff given by the "auto rifle telemetry" thing that Xur sells good? Or is it just a really small minor buff? I am trying to upgrade my legendary AR…

Seems to be 10-20% based on my guesstimates. I got sniper one while leveling my ice breaker. Still takes forever.

What exotic armor should I be trying to get for my Void Warlock? I already have Sunbreakers for my Sunsinger but I'd like to get something to compliment Void when I decide to go with that. Is the chest armor Xur's selling any good for that or should I hold out for something else?

Helm of Inmost Light (Titan Helm)........13 coins
Lucky Rasberry (Hunter Chest)........... 13 coins
Voidfang Vestments (Warlock Chest).. 13 coins
Icebreaker.............................................17 coins
Exotic Helmet Engram..........................23 motes

No I wouldn't. I will have The Evil Within this Tuesday so Destiny goes on the backburner then(after I do the weekly stuff). Same for Dragon Age Inquisition in November. The amount of people on my friends list playing this game daily has already plummeted and I doubt it was because they got every thing they want.

Most people don't want to grind like this. Also I was not going to play Destiny at all this weekend, but now I will because I want to level up my new exotic gun and chest piece.

I agree with this. It seems to me that a lot more people are quitting simply because they can't get anything they want form RNG than because they have what they wanted.

I mean if it wasn't for Xur, after playing for around 80 hours I still wouldn't have any exotic armor and the only exotic weapon I'd have would be Pocket Infinity from the bounty.

I still haven't had a single exotic drop, and only had 5 legendaries drop (1 pulse rifle, 1 fusion rifle, 1 shotgun, 1 machine gun and 1 pair of gauntlets). Everything else I have I bought or received from the Queen's missions.

Izuna

Banned

Titan Helm
Same fucking Hunter Chest as last time
Warlock Thing
Dat Sniper, get
Fucking Helmet Engram OMG

Right, but I mean this weekend. Are the stats in those images reflected for everyone?

Yes.

LiK

THANKS! looks like I can complete my Exotic Titan helm collection. Heh heh

What exotic armor should I be trying to get for my Void Warlock? I already have Sunbreakers for my Sunsinger but I'd like to get something to compliment Void when I decide to go with that. Is the chest armor Xur's selling any good for that or should I hold out for something else?

It's a pure pvp chest imo, the upgrade to axion bolt is marginal at best.

Wow, people are actually upset about Xur selling the Icebreaker? How is earning strange coins to buy a gun in a two day window all of a sudden unforgiveable to the "leet" players, yet since day one we've all know you can get exotics from idling AFK in crucible and strikes.

Fuck y'all with this, "strange coins are so easy to get" No they aren't if you don't have a ton of time to play this game or a friends list with other high level players. I just barely made enough SC to get the Icebreaker this week and I am playing this game obsessively. I am sure my total hours pales in comparison to many but the progress in this game has been brutally slow for my entire group. Things like Xur give us a chance at high level content and inject way more fun into our sessions. It is one of the few things keeping us going week to week because RNG takes a bit of luck or a fuck load of time to benefit from.

How do you know I am not a much more skilled player than someone who has the luxury of poopsocking? Why do they deserve exotics and not me? Get off your high horse. The game should be fun, not a dick measuring contest. The PvP imbalance is a much, much bigger issue than Xur's mercy.

Because those people PLAYED THE GAME and got rewarded with the Ice Breaker. Whether it was from a loot cave or from Nightfall. They were playing the game and got the gun randomly. The math gods smiled upon them.

They didnt' walk up to a corner store and buy it.

Seriously? What's the difference between that and working my ass off to get the coins I need to buy it? I had to PLAY A LOT OF THE GAME to get those coins.

Wow, people are actually upset about Xur selling the Icebreaker? How is earning strange coins to buy a gun in a two day window all of a sudden unforgiveable to the "leet" players, yet since day one we've all know you can get exotics from idling AFK in crucible and strikes.

Fuck y'all with this, "strange coins are so easy to get" No they aren't if you don't have a ton of time to play this game or a friends list with other high level players. I just barely made enough SC to get the Icebreaker this week and I am playing this game obsessively. I am sure my total hours pales in comparison to many but the progress in this game has been brutally slow for my entire group. Things like Xur give us a chance at high level content and inject way more fun into our sessions. It is one of the few things keeping is going week to week because RNG takes a bit of luck or a fuck load of time to benefit from.

How do you know I am not a much more skilled player than someone who has the luxury of poopsocking? Why do they deserve exotics and not me? Get off your high horse. The game should be fun, not a dick measuring contest. The PvP imbalance is much, much bigger issue than Xur's mercy.

I get what you are saying mate, if your cramped on time then its sucks. But what about those guys that do play 100 hours a week, so wouldnt it be fun to be able to be a bit more special of you put down that kind of time?

the exotics are no longer really exotics.

I gues the vexmythoclast is something we wont see at Xur, but its just one gun so its not really all that much fun, they should add more armour etc that can only be obtained by completing some crazy raid

LiK

Not gonna lie, driving the Legendary Sparrow I got from Raid is so much more fun than the uncommon ones. Love the blue trail and it's so much faster.

A Light in the Dark for Thorn or A Dubious Task for incentive? Hmm.

I seem to like weak weapons (i heart Bad JuJu) so i also love Thorn. That tick/bleed damage is awesome for pop out pot shots on bosses etc. And that incomming buff. Shotguns are bleh for me personally and i play no PvP.

Same. Please! I'd really like to know what weapon boosts he has and which sparrow drives. I've been doing some google magic but everyone is only listing the main exotics.
Emerald Coil (Vehicle Upgrade)....... 23 coins
Plasma Drive (Vehicle Upgrade).......23 coins

Machine Gun Telemetry..........1 coin
Pulse Rifle Telemetry..............1 coin
Auto Rife Telemetry................1 coin
Heavy Ammo Synthesis.........1 coin

Seriously? What's the difference between that and working my ass off to get the coins I need to buy it? I had to PLAY A LOT OF THE GAME to get those coins.

Huh?

My argument is that: Some "exotic" weapons should have been reserved for the rarest of the rare scenarios. Not something that can be obtained from a store-front by playing one mission a week for two weeks.

hydruxo

I think the idea that you want a gun that is special and very few people have it is kind of ridiculous and unrealistic for a game based off loot.

MADGAME

Fuck y'all with this, "strange coins are so easy to get" No they aren't if you don't have a ton of time to play this game or a friends list with other high level players. I just barely made enough SC to get the Icebreaker this week and I am playing this game obsessively. I am sure my total hours pales in comparison to many but the progress in this game has been brutally slow for my entire group. Things like Xur give us a chance at high level content and inject way more fun into our sessions. It is one of the few things keeping us going week to week because RNG takes a bit of luck or a fuck load of time to benefit from.

How do you know I am not a much more skilled player than someone who has the luxury of poopsocking? Why do they deserve exotics and not me? Get off your high horse. The game should be fun, not a dick measuring contest. The PvP imbalance is a much, much bigger issue than Xur's mercy.

C'mon man how can you have a sense of worth if the filthy casuals have the same gun you do? Kidding of course, the mentality is silly.

Even owning the Mythoclast just means you got lucky. The same skill it took to beat VoG on hard mode is the same thing everyone else did and didn't get the same RNG luck.

LiK

Ah crap, I need to use one extra coin to complete my Exotic bounty. Hope I get a few coin drops so I can buy the Titan Helm as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom