• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I get what you are saying mate, if your cramped on time then its sucks. But what about those guys that do play 100 hours a week, so wouldnt it be fun to be able to be a bit more special of you put down that kind of time?

the exotics are no longer really exotics.

I gues the vexmythoclast is something we wont see at Xur, but its just one gun so its not really all that much fun, they should add more armour etc that can only be obtained by completing some crazy raid

Exactly - the balance is very important. I think everyone should end up happy in their own way.

I get what you are saying mate, if your cramped on time then its sucks. But what about those guys that do play 100 hours a week, so wouldnt it be fun to be able to be a bit more special of you put down that kind of time?

I gues the vexmythoclast is something we wont see at Xur, but its just one gun so its not really all that much fun, they should add more armour etc that can only be obtained by completing some crazy raid

The exotics have just turned into a "Gotta collect em all" category.

The true grind is for Raid weapons and armor.

... until Xur's half brother DÜR comes by next update and sells raid weapons/armor for 20 motes of lite.

I gues the vexmetaclypse is something we wont see at Xur, but its just one gun.

Myself and one other member of my group completed our first ever Nightfall this week. The other friends are probably still weeks away from even having a chance. We played the fuck out of this game by our standards and don't have a ton to show for it. Running multiple Raids per week, hard raids, level 30, a cache of more purple gear than Prince, banging out Nightfalls like they are child's play, etc. None of that is special enough for people who play 100's of hours? Their e-dick isn't big enough so now they want to make mine smaller to feel better. Absolute nonsense. Oh look at that, Rahool just decrypted me the world's smallest violin.

Shito

Those guys will be special in that they will end up owning EVERY exotic ever.
Whereas I will buy the ones I really want to get, and maybe luck out on one or two other ones.

Exotics are not meant to be "uniques". They are just the rarest stuff from one player's universe, and not from the whole universe.

Hiko

Banned
I have 13 coins. Will probably get the warlock chest since it will help me level up. Don't see the point of the ice breaker other than to cheese harder pve missions.

You've earned it, then. The better way to handle it though is to just drop out of the game. If people with Vex were left with no one to play with then they wouldn't use it. (they probably didn't enjoy pvp anyway, though)

why are people so afraid of losing that they would drop out of a game?

there are no K/D ratio stats logged or like in Call of duty ? and even if it is, why are people so afraid if having a low K/D ratio..its a game for crying out loud.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
82 pages. goddamn dead game with its back alley community thread.

i'm entertaining a friend for the next ~2 weeks and won't be able to play nearly as much, but I should hopefully still be able to make my raid group and run a couple nightfalls and such.

glad a bunch of people got what they wanted from Xur this weekend :) Nothing for me in his inventory this time around but Ice Breaker is awesome and I am always happy to have it on my fireteam. Voidfang Vestments seem really interesting, oddly for Sunsinger grenade spam builds, but I don't even have my first sunsinger build complete so I'll hold off this time around. Xur <3

edit: I forgot how many coins I have. Might buy one or the other just for the collection.

cjp

I seem to like weak weapons (i heart Bad JuJu) so i also love Thorn. That tick/bleed damage is awesome for pop out pot shots on bosses etc. And that incomming buff. Shotguns are bleh for me personally and i play no PvP.

I don't. Don't use shotguns in general though.

Ice Breaker is more for PvE and Invective is more for PvP so, assuming you partake in both aspects of the game, Invective is more than worth it.

Yup, that was my thinking, thanks guys.

I need 2 more coins for Ice Breaker. Going to go and try solo the Weekly Herioic at Level 26 but I'm only 25 so I'm not sure this is going to end well haha.

I like the look of that Warlock chest armour too but I think IB would be a lot more useful...

How the he'll do people solo nightfall, I keep dying on the last enemy spawn of the ghost hack to either a sniping hobgoblin on one side or a minotaur that spawns behind me.

I'm hiding on the tall rocks, any advice?

You can snipe/rocket everything from the first set of rocks that are at the entrance to the Ketch area. I first run down and kill the first small group of Goblins that are right below the rock and then go back up and stand at the very tip of the rocks. It easily allows me to kill everything, including the 3 hobgoblins that spawn on the left near the exit. And since it's so damn far away, you won't even get shot at. Here's a video that demonstrates it:

http://youtu.be/a4EmuVizxD8?t=6m

Huh?

My argument is that: Some "exotic" weapons should have been reserved for the rarest of the rare scenarios. Not something that can be obtained from a store-front by playing one mission a week for two weeks.

And you would have a point if getting those weapons from drops had anything to do with effort and skill. It doesn't. It's a dice roll. Someone can play for 1000 hours and just never get anything.

LiK

there are no K/D ratio stats logged or like in Call of duty ? and even if it is, why are people so afraid if having a low K/D ratio..its a game for crying out loud.

Some people care too much. I couldn't care less about K/D especially for this game. I just want to win matches. Loot drops don't give a crap how well you do anyway.

Tovarisc

You lose => No rep for IB faction

Flo_Evans

The exotics have just turned into a "Gotta collect em all" category.

The true grind is for Raid weapons and armor.

... until Xur's half brother DÜR comes by next update and sells raid weapons/armor for 20 motes of lite.

I think that is the plan. I have a ton of exotics weapons. Takes forever to level them? Guess I will keep playing...

Nameless

Ehh, having just gotten a good sniper from Nightfall last night I passed on Icebreaker this morning, but if Bungie, for whatever strange reason, insists on handing out free cheese I might as well partake. It is really really odd how they're handling exotics, though. Sorta screams of "pleaaaase keep playing until December, even if you just log on Tuesdays and Fridays...we'll do anything. Anything. See, top tier weapons for everyone!"

I'm really going to need that lvl 28 Heroic Patrol mode if everyone is going to be Op from scrounging together a few strange coins every 7 days.

LiK

I think the stats are a bit glitchy on it.

--

This weekly update will very informative, I think. And in regards to iron banner, I want that wolf emblem, but getting to rank 3 will never happen with solo play.

Solo was fine for me. Haven't had any people suddenly drop out in the dozen IB matches I was in. I think mass drop outs tend to involve a party so if you're unlucky to be teamed up with a party then that's a problem.

I was in a party of Gaffers last night and they dropped out cuz they didn't like the map or like seeing a Mythoclast. Not gonna lie, I did not like them quitting like that.

Some IB bounties are just for kills so even if you lose, you're working your way towards the IB bounty.

Fitts

I could care less about losing or k/d. PVP has a lot of balance issues, there's no denying that, but there's nothing that's on the same level of skill-lessness as the Mythoclast. It's the most broken thing in the game and those who take it into pvp knowing as much should be blackballed until it's nerfed/banned.

Edit: for that matter, I could care less about loot as well. I just want to play a game to have fun.

You've earned it, then. The better way to handle it though is to just drop out of the game. If people with Vex were left with no one to play with then they wouldn't use it. (they probably don't enjoy pvp anyway, though)

:lol

A guy on the other team had a Vex too and we still won with a decisive victory.

forrest

formerly nacire
First day purchasing from Xur. Gambled with my motes and got a Knucklehead Radar to replace my last piece of rare armor (felt good after missing the gunslinger helm by one coin last week).

So I bought the Ice Breaker as well , making it my second exotic weapon along with Invective. So long/short range specials that both regen ammo. Not too shabby. Now I'm lvl 27 and still haven't touched Nightfall or VoG. That will be my next goal.

You guys talking about "wanting everyone to just be happy" are delirious.

Mostly all of us crave competition. Thats why we play these games. We dont' want everyone on a level playing field. We want the rare shit, the stuff that 'sort of' shows that we played the shit out of this game and this is what I have to show for it.

The exotics aren't anything special. 90% of them have a legendary equivelant. We just want them because they are "exotic", not because they make the game more fun.

The only exotics that are truly unique are the IceBreaker, Gjallarhorn, Pocket Infinity. And two of them have been on sale already.

Bungie's vision on every exotic having a story is partly true. I have a story for every one of my Exotics. I got the Gjallahorn for beating the Archon Priest this week. I got Truth for beating the Nexus nightfall.

Those stories lose a lot of luster when they are.... "I bought this from Xur."

Strider

Nothing from Xur for me this week unless I decide to buy something for a Warlock alt I don't have leveled yet.

if you're deciding between a piece if gear and an Ice Breaker go with the Ice Breaker. 2nd best gun in the game IMO. I use mine all the time.

E92 M3

Solo was fine for me. Haven't had any people suddenly drop out in the dozen IB matches I was in. I think mass drop outs tend to involve a party so if you're unlucky to be teamed up with a party then that's a problem.

I was in a party of Gaffers last night and they dropped out cuz they didn't like the map or like seeing a Mythoclast. Not gonna lie, I did not like them quitting like that.

Some IB bounties are just for kills so even if you lose, you're working your way towards the IB bounty.

I always face a full team whenever I go into IB plus everyone has suros lol.

LiK

Nothing from Xur for me this week unless I decide to buy something for a Warlock alt I don't have leveled yet.

if you're deciding between a piece if gear and an Ice Breaker go with the Ice Breaker. 2nd best gun in the game IMO. I use mine all the time.

Wanted to play some IB with you guys last night. Looked like you guys were in a fun party.

Sullichin

People are actually upset that Xur is selling ice breaker? Anyone that can afford stuff from him consistently is in the minority. And who cares if someone else has a gun you like

Speaking of which I don't have enough coins this time. Only did the weekly on level 26. I've never gotten 17 or 23 in one week. I usually have enough to buy armor though.

I think that is the plan. I have a ton of exotics weapons. Takes forever to level them? Guess I will keep playing...

Yep, I'm almost done upgrading Vision of Confluence from the Raid. Now I'll have to keep playing to upgrade Pocket Infinity which I got from the bounty yesterday, and Icebreaker and Voidfang Vestments which I'll buy this weekend.

So I'll keep playing for that and to get Raid drops... if I can get into some Raids, work keeps getting in the way of play time...

I'm mostly excited about Ice Breaker because of how it will affect my PvE playstyle. Sniper rifles are so situational and they give you so little ammo for them, that I basically never take one with me as my default special in to mission. I am much more likely to need a fusion rifle or maybe a shotgun when shields start to come in to play and shit hits the fan up close since. And switching weapons depletes SO much ammo that you might as well not unless there's ammo already lying around*. Sure you can use ammo consumables, but I only keep maybe 4 or 5 on me at any time because I'm not making nearly as much glimmer as some of you (Really don't know how some of you are hitting the cap so easy). Plus the cooldown is so long that I'm out long before I can use the next one. So basically, with regenerating ammo, I can se myself using a sniper rifle a lot more often whereas before, I would have just tried to slowly pick things off with my scout rifle or something.

* Can we talk about how dumb this is? I understand it for PvP, but in PvE switching specials and heavy weapons should give you the same percentage of ammo for the weapon you're switching to. I don't understand the logic in this decision. Especially when they mix and match so many shield types. I'm really curious if they just really don't want you to switch from your primary loadout.

While I do agree, I usually do stick with my loadout, and it's pretty fun that way. I try to just have at least one of every element equipped if there isn't a burn in effect. Right now I'm trying to level Truth rocket launcher that is Void, so I roll with that and either an Arc sniper and Gunslinger (Solar super and grenades) or a Solar sniper and Blade Dancer (Arc super and grenades). It keeps me on my toes and I have to approach the same encounter different ways depending on the loadout.

Strider

Wanted to play some IB with you guys last night. Looked like you guys were in a fun party.

We didn't play any IB last night though as we were finishing off the hard raid. Probably gonna play some tonight though so I'll send an invite your way if I do. :)

Emerald Coil (Vehicle Upgrade)....... 23 coins
Plasma Drive (Vehicle Upgrade).......23 coins

Machine Gun Telemetry..........1 coin
Pulse Rifle Telemetry..............1 coin
Auto Rife Telemetry................1 coin
Heavy Ammo Synthesis.........1 coin

You're the best... thanks mate!

E92 M3

I actually bought 10 heavy ammo for 2 coins, because why not? I know glimmer is easy to get, but 10 for 2 coins isn't too bad.

Shito

You guys talking about "wanting everyone to just be happy" are delirious.

Mostly all of us crave competition. Thats why we play these games. We dont' want everyone on a level playing field. We want the rare shit, the stuff that 'sort of' shows that we played the shit out of this game and this is what I have to show for it.

The exotics aren't anything special. 90% of them have a legendary equivelant. We just want them because they are "exotic", not because they make the game more fun.

The only exotics that are truly unique are the IceBreaker, Gjallarhorn, Pocket Infinity. And two of them have been on sale already.

Bungie's vision on every exotic having a story is partly true. I have a story for every one of my Exotics. I got the Gjallahorn for beating the Archon Priest this week. I got Truth for beating the Nexus nightfall.

Those stories lose a lot of luster when they are.... "I bought this from Xur."
No, not everyone is looking for the same thing in those kind of games. Especially not in a game where the "looking cool" part is relegated to an instance of a small town people are just spending a few minutes in each day. I don't care about "looking cool", I only want my character to get better and aptly equipped so I can progressively tackle on harder challenges. I don't want to feel special because Destiny is not an MMO where the whole server will be able to bask in my glorious presence while idling into the biggest town there is. I want gear so that I can *play* with it.
And I think Bungie are currently making the right decision for this to happen for a majority of players.

Strider

Oh wait.. I guess I could buy the sparrow speed boost for my new TimeBreaker. Anyone bought that before? How much speed does it add?

Flo_Evans

I could care less about losing or k/d. PVP has a lot of balance issues, there's no denying that, but there's nothing that's on the same level of skill-lessness as the Mythoclast. It's the most broken thing in the game and those who take it into pvp knowing as much should be blackballed until it's nerfed/banned.

Edit: for that matter, I could care less about loot as well. I just want to play a game to have fun.

Meh. Faced one last night in iron banner. Got killed by it allot but it was kind of fun to try and coordinate with my team to take down the mytho user. :)

It's kind of what I imagined iron banner would be, a few OP maxed guys running around and having to use teamwork to take them down.

BTW we won the match, mytho dude was just running around killing, not even playing the objective. But that is probably down to NIBZY dominating. Thanks NIBZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom