• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Ammo synthesis is the best way to spend glimmer IMO. They're real handy for Strikes and Dailies with Juggler modifier.
Yeah, I will buy some, especially if I have to cheese my way through the weekly in order to get those missing coins for the ice breaker... ^^

Why do I have to log in every time I visit b.net? The playstation login seems to time out after like 2 hours. It's nuts. Even the iOS app needs to reauthenticate if I want to see my PSN friends list. So frustrating.

E92 M3

I still haven't maxed out any Legendary weapons. I am loving the shadow price, but I purchased it from the vendor and the skills are so-so. I want the one with extra ammo so badly.

Chitown B

ready for Xur.

Capture_zpsd8a08d9d.png

cabletime

Strange Coins still require some effort to get and who knows. Maybe Xur will sell something else you want next week so you keep playing for more coins. The game will never let you leave.

Me and my 51 coins agree. I've been waiting for something good to pop up! I'm a happy player today regardless of what people are saying about uncle Xur! lol

4 fucking hours I've been playing Control for the god damn exotic shotgun bounty where I need +25 kills/assists. I'm at fucking +1. Fuck PVP and fuck this bounty.

I feel like a massive percentage of the overall base is not purchasing exotics from Xur, and if they do, they likely won't have enough strange coins to get another for a good while. Exotics for a person who plays a more normal amount are still very rare. Xur also only sells a limited amount of exotics. If you want things that are truly rare, you'll have to do VoG hard and get some of the items you'll never see outside of there.

This is true.

We are the minority. I have 47 strange coins. I am the 1%.

I can't help but think that Bungie is letting Xur sell these highly sought after Exotics to cater to the casual gamer that they are afraid of losing.

They know they aren't losing me, someone who has put over 110 hours into the game.

But for the casual/intermediate player who's interest is waning, I think the IceBreaker will give them a kick and keep them playing.

Nodnol

Soooo tempted to buy an Unfriendly Giant with Solar damage to complete the set, but opted for an Arc Sniper Rifle instead.

Ultimate goal is an elemental version of Sniper, LMG and RL.

Zakalwe

Banned
Definitely picking up an Icebreaker later today.

Also, I saw the discussion a while back on buying/earning weapons.

I like having the options to buy weapons, but I do agree that getting weapons through, say, Nightfall Weekly or the Raid is *a lot* more satisfying.

Hmm.

But what if you get 9 coins from Nightfall and the next day Xur sells the weapon you've always wanted and you have just enough to buy it?

ethomaz

Banned
Why do I have to log in every time I visit b.net? The playstation login seems to time out after like 2 hours. It's nuts. Even the iOS app needs to reauthenticate if I want to see my PSN friends list. So frustrating.
I don't have this issue in either...

iPhone stay always logged and the web site logs in few seconds.

Shito

I can't help but think that Bungie is letting Xur sell these highly sought after Exotics to cater to the casual gamer that they are afraid of losing.

They know they aren't losing me, someone who has put over 110 hours into the game.

But for the casual/intermediate player who's interest is waning, I think the IceBreaker will give them a kick and keep them playing.
And would it be a bad thing? ^^

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
It doesn't mean it'll be your class item though, beware of that.
I know. I got a Warlock helmet which is fine, since that is my secondary character. Brought it up to level 22 (not bad for about 10 hours play time on the character). I am tempted to buy Lucky Raspberry for the Hunter to get above level 27, but it is in fact one exotic armor piece per character... I want a helmet that looks better than what has been sold so far. :-\

I use google login and it never remembers it either. It is quicker for me to just use the Destiny app to see if anyone has said anything in the clan group. Very strange.

cjp

I don't have this issue in either...

iPhone stay always logged and the web site logs in few seconds.

Stays logged in but can you always access friends list? I can always check my gear and stuff but the friends lost always requires signing in again.

Chitown B

4 fucking hours I've been playing Control for the god damn exotic shotgun bounty where I need +25 kills/assists. I'm at fucking +1. Fuck PVP and fuck this bounty.

wow. I got that in like 4 games. Just hang back and snipe/scout rifle the capture spots. The really big map helps a lot - I think I went like 17/3 on that.

O one thing for my fellow Sunbros, so I saw this thread on reddit regarding Sunbros and how during Radiance with Touch of Flame traited, our bullets will apply a burn DOT on targets. Has anyone tested this?

jeffc919

I feel like a massive percentage of the overall base is not purchasing exotics from Xur, and if they do, they likely won't have enough strange coins to get another for a good while. Exotics for a person who plays a more normal amount are still very rare. Xur also only sells a limited amount of exotics. If you want things that are truly rare, you'll have to do VoG hard and get some of the items you'll never see outside of there.

Exactly. If you only have 1 high level class then you're only guaranteed 9 coins per week if you can beat the level 28 strike. If you play a lot of hours you'll probably luck your way into a few more randomly. That still means you can only buy one of these every other week or so, and only if you don't buy any of the armor. I think the % of people playing the end game content with multiple classes is very low. The game is a massive time suck just playing one!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Is ice breaker worth buying? I need a sniper rifle badly (best one is a blue) but I have enough weapons that do fire damage already. This game is greedy as fuck with the arc and void elements. Ugh

Nameless

So you have done multiple weekly heroic strikes -_-

Ha! Pure RNG, my rate has tripled or so.

Okay, could you just tell me if you are willing to accept that you were incredibly lucky (or not, depending on if you wanted the coins)? All of those sources are random rolls.

I play a goddamn ton and the idea that you can just easily obtain 15 coins overnight through the methods you have listed is hilarious to me. I've never come anywhere close. It's random.

I don't think anyone knows, but it didn't have the gauntlets I need on it so I hope it's wrong!

Hasn't been contradicted so far.

The 28 Heroic Story you mean? What level are you...?

I don't mean to trivialize this accomplishment at all but were people really not capable of soloing these before getting Ice Breaker? o_o

I said I never earned the full 9.coins from doing a weekly, but yes I've earned 3 twice(both times invited by friends).

Lucky streaks are bound to happen when dealing with the laws of probability. A similar thing happened this week but with ass shards. After days needing a single shard, Wed. night alone I got 11(7 from from three legendary armor engrams, 2 from the daily, 2 from another legendary engram). It happens

But for reference, I've apparently spent 2days 18hours in patrol. Being out in the fields farming and exploring is how I've made my living in this game. Doesn't feel like a grind at all.

cjp

What's my chances of getting another 7 Strange Coins brgire Xur leaves? I already bought Ice Breaker but now I want that Warlock armour.

Just farming for Helium Filaments at the moment, then I need to work on two Exotic Weapon bounties as well as her my Crucible rank to 2.

I know you can only have one Exotic equipped at a time but can you freely swap between them without restriction like all other weapons?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I did the weekly strike for 26 but not 28. If I can get some willing individuals together this weekend I totally would. There's a small exploit we found last night just hanging out in the entry crevace that allows us the protection from the ADS and funnels them all in to us in manageable amounts. When those get cleared we would bust our supers and toss grenades at the boss. took about 30/40 minutes total for us to take him down.
Okay yeah that strategy is definitely effectiv- whoaaaa how the crap did it take you guys so long O_O Are you all 25? Hitting him with Void stuff?

I'd be happy to run you through the 28 Weekly at some point tonight or tomorrow night this weekend if you can't find someone else and our times line up...

speaking of which, stuckd and fixed are you reading? Did you get the nightfall done? Still feel like crap about that, lol

Is ice breaker worth buying? I need a sniper rifle badly (best one is a blue) but I have enough weapons that do fire damage already. This game is greedy as fuck with the arc and void elements. Ugh

Well the gun does regen ammo, it has a high kick tho, so you wont be putting as many shots down range as accurately as other rifles but I'd get it anyway. Its great for Juggler missions

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Already bought Ice Breaker for my main Warlock but very tempted to pick up 2 more, one for each of my characters this weekend... It's pretty amazing for the single player portion of the game if you like using sniper rifles, I also have the Truth rocket-launcher but think Ice Breaker will be my go to exotic weapon.

hmmm, decisions decisions.

Why buy doubles of weapons. Just put it in your vault and have your other char pick it up. You can only play as one at a time anyway. Am I missing something?

too lazy to take a vid, but it definitely is slower stat wise and when driving it

2014-10-1013.00.50p0ums.jpg

Thanks for that! Looks like I was mistaken about the bar on the stats being durability. Both are clearly labeled here. Now I definitely think Bungie ought to introduce an upgrade for Timebreaker to stabilize that double boost. Taking away the handbrake while only adding a limited extra boost seems a bit much. Looking at the stats for the Lightbearer and Dawnchaser, it seems they have the same speed/durability/abilities as the Timbreaker. Of course Bungie could always tweak the stats before they release them. That exotic should absolutely be faster, imo.

ethomaz

Banned
Stays logged in but can you always access friends list? I can always check my gear and stuff but the friends lost always requires signing in again.
Last time I used it was yesterday so I'm doing the test right now...

It worked but I think it can be something to do with the PS4 app that I access every time... both make the login via Safari.

Okay yeah that strategy is definitely effectiv- whoaaaa how the crap did it take you guys so long O_O Are you all 25? Hitting him with Void stuff?

Without decent/decently upgraded weapons, it takes forever to damage the Archon. I mentioned it before, but I had this same experience as a 28 with a 27 and 26 along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom