• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Anyone else feel like Destiny is killing batteries in controllers faster than other games?

What.the.Fuck Bungie.
I go idle for a few minutes while during the Daily and I get booted.

What if I have to take a dump?
LOSE ALL PROGRESS!
YES. I mean, I play it more than any other game ever... so that could be part of it. But yeah, I am BURNING through batteries like crazy.

Dunno what degree of sarcasm or not here though, but yeah...
  • Requires two characters at or near 28, a ton of players don't even have one
  • Not everyone is capable of soloing the Weekly strike or able to find someone to carry them
  • A total 18 coins means you certainly couldn't buy, for example, both the gun and a helm, and Light progression for anyone under 27 is more important than any weapon
  • The Weekly Heroic isn't as rough this week as last week, but I hope we can at least settle on a middle-ground that it isn't EASY at level 28. It's still a decent challenge. You can die rapidly to void damage and even cheesing the boss isn't completely without risk. 9 Coins is a fair reward.

Hahah... right, and you could if you had the need, time and inclination, but this just furthers the point- not every player or even close to a majority can do that.

Hehe, I'm meh on him this week. Voidfang Vestments are interesting but I'm not so loaded I can just buy "maybe one day" extra exotic armor pieces for slots I already have filled (Heart of the Praxic Fire from my first exotic engram <3)

O Hawk, you haven't realized how great this chest piece is have you? Imo its probably the best exotic for warlocks in pvp.

Raxus

I've got 27 Coins. I'd like that Icebreaker so my boss cheesiness is more effective but I wanna hold out for Suros Regime (it will be back one day, believe). Decisions.

Icebreaker >>>>>>>>>> Suros people. Buy it. You won't regret it.

Lakitu

st5fu
So my internet has been down all day and looks like it will be over the weekend plus with the added PSN maintenance I guess I won't be on much. Now I find out everyone has the Icebreaker. Damnit, Xur. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quickest way to earn Glimmer nowadays? I need to finish buying all these goddamn ammo synths so I can clear this goddamn shotgun bounty.
Just pop the glimmer consumable of your choice and kill the correct things! Even just Black Wax Idols and WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE and you can probably max out in under an hour.

I can't stop hitting the glimmer cap :-x The cryptarch is all like "HEY DUDE YOU HAVE NO ROOM FOR THESE BLUE CUBES" and i'm like ohhh right let's get some synthesis then.

Chitown B

Anyone else feel like Destiny is killing batteries in controllers faster than other games?

What.the.Fuck Bungie.

LOSE ALL PROGRESS!

I'm ok with idle booting in PvP. But PvE? No. There is no pause, and at least you're a spawn buddy.

Flagrant error on my part, I definitely meant the rare. I want the raid sparrow too, but IMO I favor speed over durability. I haven't been in too many situations where I need to get off my Sparrow due to damage, but always want to get to the other side of the map faster!

Thanks for the info.

If I can get my hands on a Sparrow that has the speed we've got now, but is a tad more durable, I'd be set. There are some areas I burn through on my ride that I normally wouldn't be able to summon a Sparrow that every once in a while the current durability won't hold up e.g. going from the Steppes to Skywatch sometimes I'll get blown off it by the Hive or during that Hive v. Fallen battle in the building before you reach Skywatch.

Anyways, an upgraded Sparrow is a great piece of kit. Enjoy!

Meier

He's going to screw you over with wrong class helm, so unless you have alt characters with different classes that can use it, do you really wanna gamble 23 motes on it?

The only exotic I have so far is a chest piece I got for Warlocks and I'm a Hunter. I guess if I got another I could just start leveling one up! I plan to one of these days.

Just pop the glimmer consumable of your choice and kill the correct things! Even just Black Wax Idols and WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE and you can probably max out in under an hour.

I can't stop hitting the glimmer cap :-x The cryptarch is all like "HEY DUDE YOU HAVE NO ROOM FOR THESE BLUE CUBES" and i'm like ohhh right let's get some synthesis then.

That was my first thought. Guess I'm go AWAKEN THE HIVE for a while. I don't even want this stupid shotgun, lol.

E92 M3

Why do other players keep ignoring me when I try to show them the location of a chest I've found? Oh well.

I help people with chests by shooting and so far it's been pretty receptive.

What.the.Fuck Bungie.

LOSE ALL PROGRESS!

I've switched controller batteries so many times already. Destiny is the slayer of life, happiness, batteries, sleep, and emotional fortitude.

jay23

One could argue "aint nobody got time" for running a bunch of additional strikes for more coins to use to buy a weapon you already have too ya know

Then you have to get 18 more ascendant energy to fully upgrade it. Which can go towards another weapon. Ain't nobody got time for that

I plan to vault my most used weapons before I log off every day, just to save time.

Shito

What's the cap, btw?
I have this bad habit of holding onto my gold in games, never spending it "just in case I might REEEAAALLY need it later on"...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone opinions on Grim Citizen III? Since Ice Breaker is taking up my exotic weapon slot, I'll need something to replace Red Death and MIDA Tool as my primary.
Seems like a workhorse. I am killed by it frequently at crazy range (though that'll be nerfed, I assume it will still be a capable auto). Recommend.
O Hawk, you haven't realized how great this chest piece is have you? Imo its probably the best exotic for warlocks in pvp.
It does seem great, both for Voidwalkers and Sunsingers which is crazy.

Buuuut my Warlock is level 19 and already has this waiting
Heart_of_the_praxic_fire.jpg
Soooo I'm definitely making his first build all about that. I'm sure I'll buy it one day
because I will own ALL THE EXOTICS one day
What's the cap, btw?
I have this bad habit of holding onto my gold in games, never spending it "just in case I might REEEAAALLY need it later on"...

Save if you don't have Pocket Infinity or Invective yet, they require you to blow a whole bunch of glimmer at certain bounty stpes.

patchday

Who knows what the future will bring? Or when? I'm sure better guns will eventually come but that doesn't change the fact that, right now, Bungie is basically giving away the best weapons which makes no sense when you are trying to make a loot game.

It helps level out the playing field that items are so easy to acquire guranteed after the right amount of hours is put in.

I like it very much I dont have to depend on RNG. Anything I get from RNG is just a bonus. I enjoy earning my items via coins and Crucible rep. I even hit Vanguard rank 2 somehow after doing the heroic weeklies so got some purples from that

I dont think the best items should belong to a select few. I want everyone to get good items.

I do want to look unique. But that can be provided by unique shaders or transmorgification.

'Achievers' should not be allowed to have their fun at the expense of the casual gamers.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Definitely picking up an Icebreaker later today.

Also, I saw the discussion a while back on buying/earning weapons.

I like having the options to buy weapons, but I do agree that getting weapons through, say, Nightfall Weekly or the Raid is *a lot* more satisfying.

I agree, I wish wouldn't people use the word "earn" though. You don't earn anything in this game, you get a lucky dice roll.

maks

I have 195 vanguard marks. Gotta spend it! What are the top 3 weapons sold by Vanguard? I don't have a Legendary/Exotic AutoRifle or Rocket Launcher.

I have IceBreaker, Devil you Know, The Swarm, Zombie Apoc, Final Boss, Invective, Super Good Advice, Pocket Infinity...

nowai

I have 195 vanguard marks. Gotta spend it! What are the top 3 weapons sold by Vanguard? I don't have a Legendary/Exotic AutoRifle or Rocket Launcher.

I have IceBreaker, Devil you Know, The Swarm, Zombie Apoc, Final Boss, Invective, Super Good Advice, Pocket Infinity...

Speeder!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
It always gave an exotic.
Cool. Last time I had this many motes of light I just bought the hunter cape that I liked the best.

I noticed from that screenshot of the level 30 player (congrats) that only one exotic item is equipped. Is that the limit like on weapons? The chest armor has good stats, but I'm still waiting for a cool looking exotic hunter helmet to show up (last week's was ugh).

Chitown B

there's only one of each type, so just pick the kind you want. The scout rifle is awesome though.

What else is Xur selling guys?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2iua9y/xûr_megathread_101014_101214/

Sergoes

I feel like a massive percentage of the overall base is not purchasing exotics from Xur, and if they do, they likely won't have enough strange coins to get another for a good while. Exotics for a person who plays a more normal amount are still very rare. Xur also only sells a limited amount of exotics. If you want things that are truly rare, you'll have to do VoG hard and get some of the items you'll never see outside of there.

Alucrid

Banned
I just upgraded the Rare Sparrow from Vanguard with Emerald Drive this morning, which promoted it to Legendary status. I haven't tried it yet, but the speed/durability rating went up to 110. I'm hoping it's faster, but there is still a significant amount of empty bar that looks like it can be upgraded further (or other sparrows exist that will outclass it).

Can't wait to try it out later

So dat Ice Breaker is now being sold by Xur... and I only have 4 coins :\

Looks like I'll be doing the Weekly Strike at 28 tonight and hope the RNGesus somehow gets me 4 more before Sunday morning.

I think it's because nobody is looking for a social interaction... because the game isn't a social one. I do the same thing as you in terms of trying to wave someone over if they are close and I come upon a chest. I'd say 15% of the time they actually notice me "pointing" at them-- maybe a shot at their feet followed by a shot toward the chest's location-- and come over to grab it. An emote "waves you over" or something could've helped immensely.

Really? Is there a vid showing a comparison? I thought the TB's base speed was just slightly faster and then when you do that double boost things get ridiculous; it's a shame they felt the need to make it only temporary and hard stop momentum by blowing it up. I think that while novel, it gets old really fast and people would want that double boost to remain. Bungie ought to have had the Shipright or someone sell some sort of upgrade that makes it not overload.

too lazy to take a vid, but it definitely is slower stat wise and when driving it

2014-10-1013.00.50p0ums.jpg

Honestly, if you already have a bunch of good weapons then I'd drop those marks on a Rare Sparrow to eventually upgrade with a drive from Xur.

Definity

Anyone organizing a hard raid for later tonight? I can start after 9PM EST.
Level 29 warlock sunbro. Finished the normal raid several times and understand the mechanics.

PSN: DefinityXMG

Cool. Last time I had this many motes of light I just bought the hunter cape that I liked the best.

I noticed from that screenshot of the level 30 player (congrats) that only one exotic item is equipped. Is that the limit like on weapons? The chest armor has good stats, but I'm still waiting for a cool looking exotic hunter helmet to show up (last week's was ugh).

It doesn't mean it'll be your class item though, beware of that.

Seems like a workhorse. I am killed by it frequently at crazy range (though that'll be nerfed, I assume it will still be a capable auto). Recommend.

It does seem great, both for Voidwalkers and Sunsingers which is crazy.

Buuuut my Warlock is level 19 and already has this waiting

Soooo I'm definitely making his first build all about that. I'm sure I'll buy it one day
because I will own ALL THE EXOTICS one day

Save if you don't have Pocket Infinity or Invective yet, they require you to blow a whole bunch of glimmer at certain bounty stpes.

Ohhhh. Is this true? What's the hook?

Ah you already have Praxie, I just got it this week during Nightfall and am leveling it up. TBH in pvp I dont find having extra greandes to throw during radiance that much more useful, unless you have a plentiful amount of targets nearby not shooting at you (or are playing control). I've had the Voidfang for a week and going Gift of the sun with Fusion grenades and Fireborn is my default loadout. Voidfang lets you respawn with 2 grenades, this applies to Fireborn as well. Its a great feeling when you can pop back up, melee the guy coming to teabag you, then sticky two of his friends. Great chest piece for the grenade kill bounty.

I'll have to play around with praixe fire more to see how well ti does in pvp but yeah my other warlock exotic is sunbreakers and I don't find them useful at all in anything besides control.

Also, FYI, expect a ton more nade spam after this weekend :p

Deku Tree

Anyone organizing a hard raid for later tonight? I can start after 9PM EST.
Level 29 warlock sunbro. Finished the normal raid several times and understand the mechanics.

PSN: DefinityXMG

I'd be up to try a hard raid. Level 29 warlock (or I will be by then).

Only one shot at rewards with the daily. Unlike the weekly strike that is.

Damn, I thought so. Thanks.

In other news tried my luck with Xur for the first time today. Got the extra gunslinger helm on a gamble and picked up the Ice Breaker. Major moves for my hunter. I now have the Suros off a random reward and the best sniper rifle in the game. Feels good man.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Oh I completely agree with this by the way. Love that feeling of getting an exotic roll from an activity completion. It's great, it's an adrenaline rush! It's just random.

It's a balance. I am really, really REALLY glad, personally, as someone who has been consistently screwed by RNG in almost every game I've touched in the past
Dax I have 2 mida multi-tools now I'm sorry please dont hurt me
, that I can save for and buy some awesome endgame gear that I actually want.

Have you done the weekly strike yet? If you haven't and you can do the 28 to get 9, I'd say totally doable. If not, a stretch.

I did the weekly strike for 26 but not 28. If I can get some willing individuals together this weekend I totally would. There's a small exploit we found last night just hanging out in the entry crevace that allows us the protection from the ADS and funnels them all in to us in manageable amounts. When those get cleared we would bust our supers and toss grenades at the boss. took about 30/40 minutes total for us to take him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom