• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Why buy doubles of weapons. Just put it in your vault and have your other char pick it up. You can only play as one at a time anyway. Am I missing something?
Fast login I guess.

You don't need to enter in your main, put on vault, log off, enter the alt, get on vault.

Ohhhhhh and you have 2 load times to enter in Earth with both chars.

Over 5 minutes for sure.

Edit - it is painful do that every time... now if you have both weapons with the chat you can log off from a mission, choose the other char and enter directly in a new mission... 20 seconds?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I guess I'll employ my usual tactic of sticking with Exodus Vest for Iron Banner stuff (406 defense) but switching to the new exotic vest when turning in bounties. Hopefully it gets me over the level 27 hump once it is leveled up. Finishing the raid got me Vision of Confluence and Chatterwhite which are very school, but do nothing for light level.

Korosenai

Any warlocks here that know how to push atheon off the ledge? Ive currently got a checkpoint saved right at his fight, so it should take no more than five minutes (it may take longer, but if we do it right it shouldn't take but five minutes). If you havent beat hard mode raid this week and you want that mythoclast then just send me a message.

Xbox one, gamertag: Korosenai.

Sullichin

One relic farming session away from being level 28.
Does being higher level than a mission help at all? I'm only getting to 28 to have an easier time with Nightfall I guess. But I won't do any more damage/take any less damage as a level 28 than I did as 27 in a level 24 strike right? Still not so sure how defense works in this game.

MidEvlDed

Can someone please tell me what warlock armor Xur is selling this week? I've gone back quite a few pages but I can't find it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can someone please tell me what warlock armor Xur is selling this week? I've gone back quite a few pages but I can't find it.
Voidfang Vestments. Great all around piece for either voidwalkers or sunsingers, and it will shine with "switch" builds. Keeping it in mind for a one-day purchase. if you don't have an exotic armor piece yet don't even hesitate.

edit: Holy balls. beaten. this thread. wat.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Fast login I guess.

You don't need to enter in your main, put on vault, log off, enter the alt, get on vault.

Over 5 minutes for sure.

Edit - it is painful do that every time... now if you have both weapons with the chat you can log off from a mission, choose the other char and enter directly in a new mission... 20 seconds?

Good point. Guess I'm stingy :)

So, I'm definitely picking up Icebreaker, but the real question is do I get the Helm of Inmost Light if I already have the Helm of Saint-14?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Reputation have nothing to do with dice rolls. You techinically do 'earn' rep from crucible/vanguard

Correct and if that's how you got all of your gear, you did earn it. But folks crying about their "hard earned" Ice Breaker being more common now are making me laugh.

MidEvlDed

Voidfang Vestments are this week's offerings

Voidfang Vestments. Great all around piece for either voidwalkers or sunsingers, and it will shine with "switch" builds. Keeping it in mind for a one-day purchase. if you don't have an exotic armor piece yet don't even hesitate.

edit: Holy balls. beaten. this thread. wat.

Thanks guys

Heel

I'm approaching max marks on Vanguard / Crucible and trying to plan my purchase. Have access to Vanguard, Crucible and Dead Orbit.

Narrowed it down to a hand cannon and void special (doing Thorn bounty soon, have void sniper). What combo should I grab?

The Comedian (Vanguard)
Invisible Hand M7 (Crucible)
Hide and Seek 42 (Crucible)
77 Wizard (Crucible)

The Devil You Know (Vanguard)
Lord High Fixer (Crucible)

Leaning towards Lord High Fixer and The Comedian, but curious what you all think.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Better than the Thunder Lord exotic!?
Once upgraded to WOLFPACK ROUNDS, definitely. But, that said, Thunderlord is incredible, Gjallarhorn is Solar vs. Thunderlord's Arc, and Rocket Launchers are NOT always ideal (cough Atheon shield bubble cough). I'm proud to have both in my arsenal, mmmm.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Fast login I guess.

Over 5 minutes for sure.

We should have the option to spawn at the Tower when we log in. Why we are always at the area select screen I'll never understand.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm approaching max marks on Vanguard / Crucible and trying to plan my purchase. Have access to Vanguard, Crucible and Dead Orbit.

Narrowed it down to a hand cannon and void special (doing Thorn bounty soon, have void sniper). What combo should I grab?

The Comedian (Vanguard)
Invisible Hand M7 (Crucible)
Hide and Seek 42 (Crucible)
77 Wizard (Crucible)

The Devil You Know (Vanguard)
Lord High Fixer (Crucible)

Leaning towards Lord High Fixer and The Comedian, but curious what you all think.
Unless you hate fusion rifles, I'd recommend 77 Wizard over The Comedian, and as a result The Devil You Know over Lord High Fixer. But that's my setup, so I'm a bit biased. The Comedian is a great shotgun and Lord High Fixer probably outclasses TDYK for PvP at least.

Deku Tree

Once upgraded to WOLFPACK ROUNDS, definitely. But, that said, Thunderlord is incredible, Gjallarhorn is Solar vs. Thunderlord's Arc, and Rocket Launchers are NOT always ideal (cough Atheon shield bubble cough). I'm proud to have both in my arsenal, mmmm.

I'd choose a machine gun over a rocket launcher any day. Rocket launchers blow up in your face and kill your team members too much.

Xamdou

Gjallarhorn is fantastic on gate lords in VoG hard. Having people pop in the portals and take them down with ease is really fantastic on that part.

What's the difference between these elemental damage? Which one is the best?

Re: Complaints about people being "gifted" the Ice Breaker (and other exotics) instead of earning it.

I think the main aspect of the argument you guys are presenting that confuses me is; why does bettering someone else's enjoyment of the game lessen it for you? The argument could be made for the Suros as it would affect PvP a lot more than the Ice Breaker will, yet, you still had/have the same opportunity to get it as everyone else.

The fact that some people bought these exotics does not, in any way, cheapen the weapon for anyone. I've passed on every single exotic weapon Xur was selling just so I could buy this. I wanted the suros. I wanted the gjallarhorn. I wanted the red death. I wanted other exotic armors. Yet I passed time and time again for this.

People say "well you didn't earn it, you just bought it." Ok, how did you earn it? Did you kill a level 6 dreg on the moon and get a lucky drop? Maybe. Did you afk a PvP match and got a lucky reward afterwards as a result? Possibly. Did you beat something very challenging like a nightfall strike or a raid? Also a possibility. Ok. What about the other guys who have done the exact same thing as you 100x over? Guys who have spent 100+ hours, run 75+ strikes, played countless PvP matches, completed every nightfall strike, finished the raid multiple times... run heroic strikes and created alts to run more so they could save up enough coins for this weapon. Is that not in any way the same or better than some of the ways you "earned" your weapon?

Let's be real. This is a loot game. Some people get lucky, others don't. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean everyone else should have to "suffer" through the slog of grinding until, they too, get lucky. I can somewhat understand your point if you consider someone who's just picked up the game and after a week has the coins to buy this when you had to wait a month to get a lucky drop. But at the end of the day, how does it affect you really? I got the raid AR and scout after my first raid run... so at first, I can see why to some it may make those weapons feel "cheaper" to me if they were for sale all the sudden. But, they're still not gifted to you, and I also have NO IDEA what the people buying those weapons have gone through just to hope they get a lucky drop like you or I did. In this case, I'm the one who got lucky with my raid gear. The other guy may have worked a hell of a lot harder than I did to get the raid weapons I already have.

In terms of exclusivity; you still have the raid weapons and armor you can get nowhere else but the raid. My guess is this trend will continue in future raids. So, what you're looking for is present in the game. I just don't see how you getting a lucky drop a week after the game launched, possibly from afk'ing a pvp match, seems to be a more justifiable method than someone who's played the game for countless hours grinding, hoping for that same luck who then has to result to buying it with coins they've saved since day 1 because they never found it.

I spent all morning running around with the ice breaker and am loving every second of it. It won't make me play less. It won't make me enjoy the game less. It won't ruin the loot drop anticipation or anything else for me. It's making me enjoy a game I already enjoy even more. I don't have to slog through a bunch of grind-y scenarios hoping I one day get lucky like you did. Turning in 100's of blues and 50+ purples and never getting what I'm looking for sucks. I've earned this. Same as you.

VJ0TRao.gif

We should have the option to spawn at the Tower when we log in. Why we are always at the area select screen I'll never understand.

The servers need rest. The game needs a space you can just sit idle in while you aren't doing anything.

If you could... you would launch to Tower every time and you would have people in there AFK and wasting server resources.

just so I am clear, the Helm of Inmost light will let you have death from above and headstrong without having to waste two subclass choices on it?

I want that Ice Breaker so badly.

How do I farm Strange Coins??

Do the weekly lvl 28 Strike. That's a one-time bounty of 9 SCs. Then it's a matter of luck in decoding blue engrams as there's a chance that they can turn into motes of light or SCs in addition to whatever they were intended for (helmet, heavy weapon, etc...). I always got a number of blue engrams from doing Tiger Strike Playlist, but some people here are recommending PvP, specifically Iron Banner.

DjRalford

Anyone else feel like Destiny is killing batteries in controllers faster than other games?

What.the.Fuck Bungie.
I go idle for a few minutes while during the Daily and I get booted.

What if I have to take a dump?
LOSE ALL PROGRESS!

That's why they sell Vitas my friend, remote play.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Okay yeah that strategy is definitely effectiv- whoaaaa how the crap did it take you guys so long O_O Are you all 25? Hitting him with Void stuff?

I'd be happy to run you through the 28 Weekly at some point tonight or tomorrow night this weekend if you can't find someone else and our times line up...

speaking of which, stuckd and fixed are you reading? Did you get the nightfall done? Still feel like crap about that, lol

they're both 27/28 respectively and I was 24. It came down to us getting our butts kicked for a solid hour in that area till one of us came up with that idea. I'm probably mis-remembering the timing, but it took a bit.

I'd be totally down to run through the 28 sometime this weekend. I'll be free tonight, anytime after 7pm PST (I'll be out of work by then). If we do this should I grab the armor or Ice Breaker from Xur first? What would help most in doing this run?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gjallarhorn is fantastic on gate lords in VoG hard. Having people pop in the portals and take them down with ease is really fantastic on that part.
I have to remember to switch to it pre-Atheon then swap back for our next raid. If anyone in my group is reading this, remind me!!!
What's the difference between these elemental damage? Which one is the best?
Hrmmm neither one. They're needed for different things in endgame stuff. Enemies have shields weak to different types, and then there are weekly bonuses to certain elements in certain content as well. What level are you at?
I too enjoyed that post and I shall steal this gif as well, thank you kindly.
they're both 27/28 respectively and I was 24. It came down to us getting our butts kicked for a solid hour in that area till one of us came up with that idea. I'm probably mis-remembering the timing, but it took a bit.

I'd be totally down to run through the 28 sometime this weekend. I'll be free tonight, anytime after 7pm PST (I'll be out of work by then). If we do this should I grab the armor or Ice Breaker from Xur first? What would help most in doing this run?
Hmmm. I... hmm. Do you if you'd be 26 from just swapping the chest for the one Xur has? If you'd be able to level up before the run, then that, if not, ice breaker.

MidEvlDed

So, I got raid gauntlets a couple weeks ago but already had fully upgraded sunbreakers so I didn't equip them. Last night I got chest armor from the raid and now Xur is selling chest armor. Sigh. I was hoping he would sell an exotic helmet that way I could equip that as my exotic and have raid chest and gauntlets. Oh well. Looks like I'm buying the icebreaker this week, which isn't a bad thing.

Heel

Unless you hate fusion rifles, I'd recommend 77 Wizard over The Comedian, and as a result The Devil You Know over Lord High Fixer. But that's my setup, so I'm a bit biased. The Comedian is a great shotgun and Lord High Fixer probably outclasses TDYK for PvP at least.

Yeah, I've been told 77 Wizard is pretty awesome.

I actually like the look of TDYK over Lord High Fixer, but functionally that range on Lord High Fixer seems like it would be killer in PvP.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The servers need rest. The game needs a space you can just sit idle in while you aren't doing anything.

If you could... you would launch to Tower every time and you would have people in there AFK and wasting server resources.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't make any sense.

Navid

Fast login I guess...
Yep, pretty much what he said...

...but the real question is do I get the Helm of Inmost Light if I already have the Helm of Saint-14?
Got Saint 14 when it was available and bought Inmost Light this week as well from my Titan, but then again I prefer having helmets as my exotic armour piece... also think each of those helmets work really well for the two Titan subclasses.

So, I got raid gauntlets a couple weeks ago but already had fully upgraded sunbreakers so I didn't equip them. Last night I got chest armor from the raid and now Xur is selling chest armor. Sigh. I was hoping he would sell an exotic helmet that way I could equip that as my exotic and have raid chest and gauntlets. Oh well. Looks like I'm buying the icebreaker this week, which isn't a bad thing.
Have enough motes for the engram from xur?

hydruxo

Yeah, I've been told 77 Wizard is pretty awesome.

I actually like the look of TDYK over Lord High Fixer, but functionally that range on Lord High Fixer seems like it would be killer in PvP.

TDYK has a range upgrade that makes it an overall slightly better choice than Lord High Fixer IMO.

Otherwise, either one is a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom