• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So, I got raid gauntlets a couple weeks ago but already had fully upgraded sunbreakers so I didn't equip them. Last night I got chest armor from the raid and now Xur is selling chest armor. Sigh. I was hoping he would sell an exotic helmet that way I could equip that as my exotic and have raid chest and gauntlets. Oh well. Looks like I'm buying the icebreaker this week, which isn't a bad thing.

This is my plan as well since the Raid helmet is hard to come by. Don't really want to take the chance on the exotic engram.

EL CUCO

Correct and if that's how you got all of your gear, you did earn it. But folks crying about their "hard earned" Ice Breaker being more common now are making me laugh.

Haha they're sad because they wont get the "ooooh wow look at that, Man that sounds so cool, Thats the Sniper rifle I want."

No more attention for them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I've been told 77 Wizard is pretty awesome.

I actually like the look of TDYK over Lord High Fixer, but functionally that range on Lord High Fixer seems like it would be killer in PvP.
Those are 4 really solid weapons you're looking at my friend. You honestly can't go wrong.
Haha they're sad because they wont get the "ooooh wow look at that, Man that sounds so cool, Thats the Sniper rifle I want."

No more attention for them.
crazy thing is, they will still get it too. there are people scrambling for the coins right now and others who won't even come close by sunday morning. the idea that an item being sold by Xur causes it to appear in every player's inventory is a hilarious misconception.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Hmmm. I... hmm. Do you if you'd be 26 from just swapping the chest for the one Xur has? If you'd be able to level up before the run, then that, if not, ice breaker.

I'll try and figure out the math during my lunch break.

cakely

I agree, I wish wouldn't people use the word "earn" though. You don't earn anything in this game, you get a lucky dice roll.

Vanguard marks, Crucible marks, strange coins, motes of light and reputation all provide a reliable progression to legendary and exotic gear.

The random drops are just a nice side bonus, you don't need to rely on them.

Bizazedo

Yeah, I've been told 77 Wizard is pretty awesome.

I actually like the look of TDYK over Lord High Fixer, but functionally that range on Lord High Fixer seems like it would be killer in PvP.

The range on 77 Wizard is ridiculous. Just....don't miss.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
don't worry guys, we still can lord out hawkmoons over the peasant's heads
:D

win-win-win.
200.gif

RedFury

What's the best non exotic hand cannon for PvP/overall. Was never a big fan but started using the lash and really loving it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
crazy thing is, they will still get it too. there are people scrambling for the coins right now and others who won't even come close by sunday morning. the idea that an item being sold by Xur causes it to appear in every player's inventory is a hilarious misconception.

/looks at thread title

Is it?!

E92 M3

I'll never forget the day you got yours. You had no idea what you'd just snagged. Now you see why I hyped that shit to the moon!

Lol - I was completely clueless to the weapon. That's why I love this game; when I expect nothing I get something. Last night I just wanted to beat Atheon on Hard and ended up getting the vex and sparrow which I always wanted.

I've been stewing over here deciding what I want to do with my Ascendant Shards.

My main character is close to a 29. My alt is a 27.5.

I was going to pump them into my alt to get him to 28 to make the raid/nightfall easier.

But I think I'm going to just put them into my main character to get him to 29 so I can manage hard mode raid. I think with my weapon set my level 27 alt will be fine in normal raid.

I got out of the shower today and my hair was very similar to the way my character's looked in game. :lol
Hmm.

But what if you get 9 coins from Nightfall and the next day Xur sells the weapon you've always wanted and you have just enough to buy it?
I didn't say buying weapons couldn't be satisfying. All I said was that, in my experience, getting them from tasks like a Nightfall is a lot more fun to me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've been stewing over here deciding what I want to do with my Ascendant Shards.

My main character is close to a 29. My alt is a 27.5.

I was going to pump them into my alt to get him to 28 to make the raid/nightfall easier.

But I think I'm going to just put them into my main character to get him to 29 so I can manage hard mode raid. I think with my weapon set my level 27 alt will be fine in normal raid.

27 is totally fine for normal raid.

What's the verdict folks: Icebreaker vs. Patience and Time?

Which exotic sniper is best? Most deserving of my ass energy?

I have both, and it's pretty clearly IB.

Cruxist

So, I'm officially sold on PS4-Vita remote play. Not at home this weekend, but I've got my Vita with me. Hopped on for a couple minutes last night to get the last fusion rifle I needed, and this morning for Xur. This is one of the coolest things I've seen done with gaming this gen.

RiverKwai

it's pretty much the easiest 28 weekly so far. The boss is able to be shot from the tunnel before the final room. If you can't solo, grab another friend, but it's not too bad. Are you 27-28?

Yeah, I'm like 28 1/2.

Maybe my tactics are just shitty? Haven't ever done this strike before, so essentially soloing my first time through it at 28 Heroic with void damage and seemingly like six minotaurs that two-shot kill me.

Edit: Never even got past the part where Dinklebot scans the door.

Sergoes

I agree, I wish wouldn't people use the word "earn" though. You don't earn anything in this game, you get a lucky dice roll.
I think anything that drops in VoG normal/hard or has been received from an exotic bounty is definitely earned. If you got it from an engram or at the end of a pvp match or strike, it's luck for sure. It's still awesome to get rare items from either situation and largely the rarity will diminish from these items as time goes on. The worst thing imo people can do is make others feel like they don't deserve something they received. It's a multiplayer game where you need to rely on other people, so it always benefits you to have your teammates to have the best gear they can get.
Unless they're on the opposing team in crucible. Screw that undeserving guy with his Mythoclast, lucky son of...

Welp. Went ahead and bought a helmet engram. The way I figured it, my odds were:

1/9 Insurmountable Skullfort (jackpot - what I wanted most)

6/9 Helmet for Hunter or Warlock (a treat for an alt)

2/9 a Titan Helmet I already had (overall meh but still satisfying for shards)

Thank you RNGsus.

Definitely get your main to 29 for hard raid. Hopefully you have at least 1 or 2 30's in the squad too.

27 vs. 28 is a negligible difference for normal raid, but 29 is a required minimum for hard. You want to maximize the number of loot-dropping raids you can run each week.

Edit: Thanks for all the feedback on IB vs. P&T snipers! Very helpful.

So, I'm officially sold on PS4-Vita remote play. Not at home this weekend, but I've got my Vita with me. Hopped on for a couple minutes last night to get the last fusion rifle I needed, and this morning for Xur. This is one of the coolest things I've seen done with gaming this gen.

I'm jealous, but for the opposite reason of most: I have a Vita, but not a PS4. CMon, Taco Bell...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Welp. Went ahead and bought a helmet engram. The way I figured it, my odds were:

1/9 Insurmountable Skullfort (jackpot - what I wanted most)

6/9 Helmet for Hunter or Warlock (a treat for an alt)

2/9 a Titan Helmet I already had (overall meh but still satisfying for shards)

Thank you RNGsus.
gotta respect you working out the math here, and congrats on the lucky roll :}

Jinjo

Definitely get your main to 29 for hard raid. Hopefully you have at least 1 or 2 30's in the squad too.

27 vs. 28 is a negligible difference for normal raid, but 29 is a required minimum for hard. You want to maximize the number of loot-dropping raids you can run each week.

Edit: Thanks for all the feedback on IB vs. P&T snipers! Very helpful.

Being lv28 helps tremendously against the portal mobs when you're the relic bearer in the Atheon fight though.

BuzzJive

I've played over 45 hours and I've yet to get a Rare or higher shotgun. I think I'm still about a week away from getting enough Vanguard marks or ranking up my Crucible enough to buy a Legendary. I don't get the rarity. I've gotten lots of Rare everything else, but no shotgun. I'm not asking for Exotic here (although that'd be nice) - or even Legendary. It just makes me sad every time I shoot somebody with my Uncommon shotgun.

dacalo

Master Rahool,

Today, you gave me 2 legendary engrams for reaching a level. I am assuming this is to make up for countless blue engrams you dumped on me previously. One ended up being MIDA Multi-Tool and the other being a nice sniper rifle. You da man.

-Dacalo

PS Went from zero exotics to 8 exotics in a span of 1 week.

Tovarisc

I hope DeeJ actually says stuff in this update. More info and less guardian speak.

Wanna bet we will be getting once again questions like

"Why class X is best in the game?"

"Is hype real?"

just so he can dodge any actually hard hitting ones and just keep on spinning that PR plate?

For several weeks now "Weekly Update" has been glorified "PR Spin of the Week" that didn't answer any hard questions or talk about issues in the game, just cutesy sentences talking about how "awesome the game is".

DeeJ, update us with info about game and don't just talk about how "Warlock is best class in the game because..."!

MADGAME

I'm loving the raid so much, still have to find a regular hard-mode group but I enjoy playing it even after obtaining the weekly rewards.

Do we have any info on future raids? I hope the moon one is to hunt and kill Crota.

blackflag

Wow decided to try icebreaker so I soloed the 28 nightfall just for fun since I already did it........uhhhh that weapon completely breaks PVE

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think anything that drops in VoG normal/hard or has been received from an exotic bounty is definitely earned. If you got it from an engram or at the end of a pvp match or strike, it's luck for sure. It's still awesome to get rare items from either situation and largely the rarity will diminish from these items as time goes on. The worst thing imo people can do is make others feel like they don't deserve something they received. It's a multiplayer game where you need to rely on other people, so it always benefits you to have your teammates to have the best gear they can get.
Unless they're on the opposing team in crucible. Screw that undeserving guy with his Mythoclast, lucky son of...

You need luck to get an exotic bounty and luck to get good drops in VoG. I played the Raid and got nothing but shards while everyone else got gear and weapons. Outside of earning rep, marks and strange coin, you still need luck for just about everything.

Sergoes

I'm loving the raid so much, still have to find a regular hard-mode group but I enjoy playing it even after obtaining the weekly rewards.

Do we have any info on future raids? I hope the moon one is to hunt and kill Crota.
I believe the one I'm December will be on the moon, and the one after that will be at the reed. You may get your wish!

Deku Tree

What is the best crucible game to play to get the most void kills so that I can do my exotic bounty? I need 10,000 points... I am not a fan of Crucible, and I'm not really good at it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom