• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Would you say that's the most effective way to get them?

Kind of. They can come from blue engrams. So, if you're fast enough, you can get a ton of blue engrams and then pray to Rahool.

It's still RNG, but it's still something you can hammer away at.

Any grinding / farming method that gives blue engrams faster will beat Tiger Strikes, but Tiger Strikes are pretty damned quick.

Sergoes

Any Voidwalkers have an idea which is more useful, the Voidwalker Vestments or the Skull of Dire Ahamkara? I'm debating what to level first...

What's the verdict on the hunter exotic chest? Have 2 exotic helms. Not sure I'd use it.. Unless raid helm comes before chest.

Not much left to save the coins for.. Hmmm

I bought it when Xur sold it the first time. It's really solid for strikes and raids, since you can carry a lot of rockets or machine gun ammo.

I don't have any hope of getting the 9 coin reward for the lvl 28 do I? Even if I get high level help?.

You could definitely do the Lv 28 Weekly, and I would strongly recommend it. There are lots of ways to cheese this Strike and you don't have to worry about getting booted back to orbit like the Nightfall.

dacalo

Been 27/28 for 2 weeks now. Still haven't been able to get into a Vault run. Bungie, why did you release an unfinished game. I shouldn't have to rely on message boards to find groups.

Hey let me know if you have some free time either tonight or tomorrow night. We can some people together and get a group going. PSN dacalo, level 28 warlock.

Because matchmaking a raid with a group of randoms without mics who will be likely to quit would be a terrible experience. There's always people on here looking to do the raid so just join up with them. Playing with gaffers is always a good time.

If real MMOs can have random matchmaking for fights much harder and more complicated than anything in Destiny, It is inexcusable, Bungie needs to get its head out its ass, the longer I play the "endgame" the lower my opinion of the game as a whole.

patchday

Correct and if that's how you got all of your gear, you did earn it. But folks crying about their "hard earned" Ice Breaker being more common now are making me laugh.

Ah, lol I see what you mean. I should've backed up further to see who you were replying to. Agreed

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
We'll probably be doing it weekly at a set time if you'd like to join us next week.

I would indeed. I have two and soon to be 3 end game ready characters to use so would like another steady raid group. PSN Tigerheli.

I was literally just thinking I'll never get an exotic bounty and bam. Got a choice out of shattered memory, voice in the wilderness, tolands legacy.

????

Voice in the wilderness machine gun sounds most straight forward. Good choice?

I was excited about Super Good Advice until I got it. I go back to my Zombie Apocalypse every time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Who else uses the stability perk for their Pocket Infinity? Personally I prefer to having 8 shots.
Yep, it's necessary. The 8-10 blast from the extended mag is pure anarchy and so fun to play with when you first get it, but for practical purposes it's Perfect Balance, all the way. Fusion Pulse Rifle baby
Oh yeah? Cheese it solo, that is? Or with teammates?
Either one, equip a couple great void weapons and go nuts. The Heroic is incredibly forgiving this week compared to the Nightfall

We'll probably be doing it weekly at a set time if you'd like to join us next week.

I hate all of you that can schedule weekly raids (not really hate, but jealous). Whenever I have a random couple of hours to get a raid in, everyone on my friends list has already done it, has one scheduled for later that day or some other time real soon, or is already in a full party. The more you guys schedule, the harder it is to find a pick up group.

nowai

Xur ain't for me this week. I think I used a sniper rifle once at the beginning of the game and I don't need a helmet. Shame!

I would re-think passing on the best weapon in the game for PvE...

After today, if you don't have an Ice Breaker for hard raid, you are doing your team a disservice.

Iceman829

Knucklehead Radar is actually really useful and imo pretty undervalued. You might learn to love it on a hunter; I know I did.

I would also like to agree that the Knucklehead Radar is very useful. I gain super energy quicker with that helmet than any other helmet in my inventory. I only switch off it if I need the additional golden gun shot.

It would be worth it to give it a chance.

Bizazedo

If real MMOs can have random matchmaking for fights much harder and more complicated than anything in Destiny, It is inexcusable, Bungie needs to get its head out its ass, the longer I play the "endgame" the lower my opinion of the game as a whole.

I'd argue LFR in WoW is easier than the Destiny Raid. Not only that, but you can lose almost half the raid in LFR sometimes and still win.

Destiny? Not so much.

You're letting your annoyance color your intellectual judgement.

[edit]
Making an LFR / lower difficulty in Destiny is a different argument.

Anything over level 26 is a waste for a 26 raid. Your damage maxes out at 26, and your armor does too. It's only the "26 for entry" and then everything above is moot..

Definitely not true. For one thing, all the enemies are Lv 27 later in the raid so Lv 26's will be at a significant disadvantage.

Also, I don't know how the stats work but there's no question that normal raid gets much easier as you level from 26 to 30.

I'd argue LFR in WoW is easier than the Destiny Raid. Not only that, but you can lose almost half the raid in LFR sometimes and still win.

Destiny? Not so much.

You're letting your annoyance color your intellectual judgement.

[edit]
Making an LFR / lower difficulty in Destiny is a different argument.

Nobody used the LFR tool for raids of any significant difficulty, IIRC.

Ovek

7Member7
I want the Ice Beaker... but I don't have a purple (or blue!!) primary weapon as the game has never given me one.

Still gonna buy it! ;)

dacalo

If any group is planning to do a raid on normal either later tonight or tomorrow night PST, please invite me. This will be my 3rd run so I have an idea what needs to be done. PSN is dacalo, level 28 warlock. With work eating up all the time, been pretty difficult finding a group to play with.

Hedgey

I hate all of you that can schedule weekly raids (not really hate, but jealous). Whenever I have a random couple of hours to get a raid in, everyone on my friends list has already done it, has one scheduled for later that day or some other time real soon, or is already in a full party. The more you guys schedule, the harder it is to find a pick up group.

I feel you man, I'm currently living in Japan so it's really hard to find a good time to get everything done. Since the start of the game we've been doing it every Wednesday at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST. That's 8:30AM for me hahaha. Difficult to get up that early when the city doesn't sleep.

Either one, equip a couple great void weapons and go nuts. The Heroic is incredibly forgiving this week compared to the Nightfall

Awesome! Hell, that'll put me at 14 coins... maybe I can actually do some tiger strikes afterwards or tomorrow and with a little luck maybe I could actually get Icebreaker! And then if I fall short, I'll just get Innermost Light instead.

Is there a good guide for exploiting the strike? Reddit? I saw something about some safe spot during the priest fight...

Oh yeah? Cheese it solo, that is? Or with teammates?

Solo is very possible but it will just take longer/be more boring.

Having at least 1 teammate so that you don't wipe from getting suddenly taken down will help alleviate a lot of frustration. There are easy ways to cheese but they aren't automatic, it will still be easy for you to go down when you are under-leveled.

FStop7

Banned
You guy(s) freaking about Xur selling Icebreaker need to chill the fuck out. Within months we're going to look back and laugh at the "old days" when we thought Icebreaker or the Vex Mythbuster were such a amazing guns as they'll have been long since rendered obsolete in the hierarchy by something else. Xur selling Icebreaker may as well be the first step of this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom