• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorral

Yep, pretty much what he said...

Got Saint 14 when it was available and bought Inmost Light this week as well from my Titan, but then again I prefer having helmets as my exotic armour piece... also think each of those helmets work really well for the two Titan subclasses.

I have like three exotic helmets for my titan, but I haven't yet bothered with using any of them even with how good saint-14 and inmost light are...

Simply because of the two grenades ugly as hell The Armamentarium body piece. The utility of two grenades especially lightning grenades in PvP is too damn good.

Bizazedo

What's the best way to level up weapons? I have so many exotics and legendaries that need XP.

Swapping in the weapons / armor you need to be leveled prior to bounties / collecting the letter in the mail after a successful first public event of the day.

Apart from actually, y'know, using them.

Sergoes

You need luck to get an exotic bounty and luck to get good drops in VoG. I played the Raid and got nothing but shards while everyone else got gear and weapons. Outside of earning rep, marks and strange coin, you still need luck for just about everything.
Right, everything takes luck to some degree, but access to the opportunity to receive certain gear is miles apart between an exotic engram that drops off a dreg in the cosmodrome and the Vex Mythoclast off hard Atheon.

Being lv28 helps tremendously against the portal mobs when you're the relic bearer in the Atheon fight though.

Eh, certainly every level helps but there are tons of ways around this. It's very doable at 27 if you have some relic experience, you can get mob help from the other two portal members, there will likely be at least 1 squad member at 28 or higher who can run the relic, etc.

There is no substitute for hitting Lv 29 to run hard mode.

What's the best way to level up weapons? I have so many exotics and legendaries that need XP.

Bounties. Right before you turn in the bounty, equip the weapon you want to level up, and the other two slots should be fully upgraded/leveled up weapons, so all the bounty exp goes to the weapon you want, instead of splitting between three weapons that still need to be leveled up.

blackflag

Bounties. Right before you turn in the bounty, equip the weapon you want to level up, and the other two slots should be fully upgraded/leveled up weapons, so all the bounty exp goes to the weapon you want, instead of splitting between three weapons that still need to be leveled up.

Damn, I didn't know it split. Thanks for the heads up

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

Is it confirmed that XP is split between all weapons? Is this all XP or just bounties?

E92 M3

It is done.
if02d2BNNXF9u.jpg

I also have the Heavy LMG, yet to try it though. Looks so swonk.

Is that rank 3 Iron Banner? Love the emblem. If it was a black and red - I would have been playing all night to get it lol.

Heel

You need luck to get an exotic bounty and luck to get good drops in VoG. I played the Raid and got nothing but shards while everyone else got gear and weapons. Outside of earning rep, marks and strange coin, you still need luck for just about everything.

iDpyQVUOKBB2Q.gif

hydruxo

So IB is a beast in PvE but doesn't really do much in PvP, huh?

I mean snipers in general are tough to use in pvp because the sight lines in most maps are so short. I was watching a stream of somebody tearing people up with Ice Breaker on Firebase Delphi, so it just depends how good you are with it.

Nebula

Dropped some Coins on Innermost Light. Bought an Engram as well but got Knucklehead Radar. Oh well. I'll probably keep it in my vault.

Sergoes

Dropped some Coins on Innermost Light. Bought an Engram as well but got Knucklehead Radar. Oh well. I'll probably keep it in my vault.
Knucklehead Radar is actually really useful and imo pretty undervalued. You might learn to love it on a hunter; I know I did.

Been 27/28 for 2 weeks now. Still haven't been able to get into a Vault run. Bungie, why did you release an unfinished game. I shouldn't have to rely on message boards to find groups.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Xur ain't for me this week. I think I used a sniper rifle once at the beginning of the game and I don't need a helmet. Shame!

Number of sniper kills in 4 weeks before ice breaker: 74

Number of sniper kills in 4 days post ice breaker: 1600

Maledict

Anyone want to join sleepy Buddha and I for the level 28 heroic weekly? Unfortunately jayforone left just as sleepy Buddha came on and I can't get hold of him. PSN is Voidhawk, just send a request.

Onikaan

I'm getting really tired of RNG.

I need 4 coins for Icebreaker. So we do Nightfall. My friend got 10 coin, my other friend got 9 and what did I get? A legendary scout rifle.

Not happy.

hydruxo

Been 27/28 for 2 weeks now. Still haven't been able to get into a Vault run. Bungie, why did you release an unfinished game. I shouldn't have to rely on message boards to find groups.

Because matchmaking a raid with a group of randoms without mics who will be likely to quit would be a terrible experience. There's always people on here looking to do the raid so just join up with them. Playing with gaffers is always a good time.

Bizazedo

I'm getting really tired of RNG.

I need 4 coins for Icebreaker. So we do Nightfall. My friend got 10 coin, my other friend got 9 and what did I get? A legendary scout rifle.

Not happy.

Sucks, but Nightfall is probably the worst way to attempt to get coins. It just pays off big when it does give it.

You should be chain running Tiger strikes.

Sergoes

I don't know what it is (that's a lie, I do know what it is)... but there is just something about a Titan holding a Handgun in this game that just makes me laugh at how ridiculous it looks.
They make them look like toy guns since they're so massive. I wish they scaled them up a bit for Titans.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Use the app. I get groups for raids, nightfalls, heroics, etc within a few minutes. You can also set up your own team to run the raid. There's always tons of folks looking for a group.

Hedgey

Looking for people to do the Hard Raid.

My current fireteam:
Level 29 Hunter (me)
Level 29 Titan
and you!

Add me on PSN: Hedgeyy

EDIT: On PS4!

I don't know what it is (that's a lie, I do know what it is)... but there is just something about a Titan holding a Handgun in this game that just makes me laugh at how ridiculous it looks.

Have you seen The Last Word? It's pretty huge for a hand cannon (at least, it looks that way when my Hunter carries it). When I have Thorn equipped, it's strapped to my leg when I'm in the Tower, but The Last Word is on my back, being carried like an auto rifle.

Knucklehead Radar is actually really useful and imo pretty undervalued. You might learn to love it on a hunter; I know I did.

Seconding this. Bought it directly from Xur and never looked back. The one he sold last week is great too for Gunslingers, but having radar while aiming primary is fantastic. Was very useful in the Raid.

I can't decide what to focus on tonight and tomorrow: I just turned 26 and I have 5 strange coins. I would like to hit Iron Banner rank 3 before it ends. I'd also love Innermost Light. I could probably get the six coins tonight for the medium strength weekly (I have a couple of friends who'll come along), but that'll still leave me 2 coins short. I don't have any hope of getting the 9 coin reward for the lvl 28 do I? Even if I get high level help?

Alternatively, I could just forget about Xur for another week and focus on ranking up Iron Banner... but I sure am getting my ass kicked in there.

OR, I could throw out both goals and just go farming materials to upgrade my current gear (3 legendaries and rare boots still).

Sergoes

Seconding this. Bought it directly from Xur and never looked back. The one he sold last week is great too for Gunslingers, but having radar while aiming primary is fantastic. Was very useful in the Raid.
Yes I personally adored the thing when I'm doing supplicants and the trash before Templar.

Booties

Banned
I need help with the weekly heroic strike. Xbox one players, please help!

Gamertag is Booties. I'm doing the daily now, but I'll quit if you send a message.

That was a VERY good day.

I first bought the Ice Breaker, so I had to drop the Suros, but after levelling Rahool, I got 2 legendary weapons engrams, one of them turns out to be The Devil You Know. Just now I bought the exotic engram form Xur, I got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara (and I'm Warlock who prefers Voidwalker)...

Holy shit.
Okay, that's the second person in this thread that's gotten that helmet today. I'm gonna take a gamble when I get home. Ice Breaker for sure, gamble on the helmet, and if it's something I don't want, shard it and buy the wizard robe. I'll have to fall back in love with the Void, but I'd have to do that anyway with that helmet.

Chitown B

I've been stewing over here deciding what I want to do with my Ascendant Shards.

My main character is close to a 29. My alt is a 27.5.

I was going to pump them into my alt to get him to 28 to make the raid/nightfall easier.

But I think I'm going to just put them into my main character to get him to 29 so I can manage hard mode raid. I think with my weapon set my level 27 alt will be fine in normal raid.

Anything over level 26 is a waste for a 26 raid. Your damage maxes out at 26, and your armor does too. It's only the "26 for entry" and then everything above is moot.

if you have a scout rifle with Third Eye, then the radar is not as useful.

What's the verdict on the hunter exotic chest? Have 2 exotic helms. Not sure I'd use it.. Unless raid helm comes before chest.

Not much left to save the coins for.. Hmmm

Jinjo

Get over that fact and just find some GAFfers to play with. Really, the only person "to blame" that you haven't played the raid yet is yourself. Yes, the social aspects of the game are not what they should be for a "social game", but I think we/Bungie all overestimated/overglorified that part of Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom