• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Yep, it's necessary. The 8-10 blast from the extended mag is pure anarchy and so fun to play with when you first get it, but for practical purposes it's Perfect Balance, all the way. Fusion Pulse Rifle baby

Either one, equip a couple great void weapons and go nuts. The Heroic is incredibly forgiving this week compared to the Nightfall

8 shots for novelty and 3 for complete control.

OH MY GOODNESS THIS GUN IS AMAZING IT SOUNDS AWESOME

I think I'm in love...

You think or are you in love?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You guy(s) freaking about Xur selling Icebreaker need to chill the fuck out. Within months we're going to look back and laugh at the "old days" when we thought Icebreaker or the Vex Mythbuster were such a amazing guns as they'll have been long since rendered obsolete in the hierarchy by something else. Xur selling Icebreaker may as well be the first step of this process.

But right now it's kinda cool though...

Vex Mythoclast and Icebreaker within the last 24 hours. Why can't we use two Exotic weapons at the same time!?

VillainousSmallEel.gif

I'd argue LFR in WoW is easier than the Destiny Raid. Not only that, but you can lose almost half the raid in LFR sometimes and still win.

Destiny? Not so much.

You're letting your annoyance color your intellectual judgement.

[edit]
Making an LFR / lower difficulty in Destiny is a different argument.

I'm arguing that for a game where social interactions were a selling point, and where a majority of the content is reliant on groups. That Bungie did a horrible job and in some cases outright planned, for it to be impossible to actually be social.

Bolded is true though. Bad game design is bad game design though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Knucklehead Radar is actually really useful and imo pretty undervalued. You might learn to love it on a hunter; I know I did.
Must agree completely. I bought it as a "meh, starter exotic, why not" from Xur and it proceeded to shame the crap out of me for ever thinking that. One of my most prized possessions.
If real MMOs can have random matchmaking for fights much harder and more complicated than anything in Destiny, It is inexcusable, Bungie needs to get its head out its ass,
the longer I play the "endgame" the lower my opinion of the game as a whole.
had the opposite experience, if I was playing merely for the story or sub-20 game it would not have been worth the money.

If you haven't done the VoG yet how do you know it's less complex or difficult than matchmade content in other games? You need to take some action and form a raid group. Pure matchmaking would be chaos for this raid. I see people on every page trying to form one, but if you are refusing to ask here, try www.destinylfg.net.
Khvostov secret best gun in the game.
It's fantastic. I take it you've entered the crucible with your alt.
You guy(s) freaking about Xur selling Icebreaker need to chill the fuck out. Within months we're going to look back and laugh at the "old days" when we thought Icebreaker or the Vex Mythbuster were such a amazing guns as they'll have been long since rendered obsolete in the hierarchy by something else. Xur selling Icebreaker may as well be the first step of this process.
Personally, I hope not- I hope that no current exotics are rendered obsolete, or at least as long as possible. I'd prefer that other compelling choices are added that make it reasonable to spend your exotic slot on another gun, while things like Ice Breaker remain totally viable.

lol at mythbuster :D

DesertFox

Are people seriously upset that Xur is selling Ice Breaker?

News flash - nobody has earned any exotics save for Vex Mythoclast. The rest have fallen in our lap from RNG.

Mindlog

Holy hell, Xur?
He has Icebreaker!
He has an exotic Warlock chest!!
It has +111 Strength... of course.

Xur is like the Sunsinger spoiling a moment. They just don't know how to act sometimes.
webms for days.
http://a.pomf.se/zqjvxe.webm

What's the best Legendary Rocket Launcher? I have MG's covered with Swarms and a Zombie. When leveled the Icebreaker will probably replace my Gjallarhorn as my primary exotic. It will be competing with Mythoclast. Actually scratch that... Spam 7 Gjallarhorn shots, switch to Icebreaker because Icebreaker regenerates ammo.

Bizazedo

I'm arguing that for a game where social interaction were a selling point, and where a majority of the content is reliant on groups. That Bungie did a horrible job and in some cases outright planned, for it to be impossible to actually be social.

That's great. I agree with that. I wasn't responding to that, though. I was responding to random matchmaking for the raid.

If real MMOs can have random matchmaking for fights much harder and more complicated than anything in Destiny, It is inexcusable, Bungie needs to get its head out its ass, the longer I play the "endgame" the lower my opinion of the game as a whole.

That being said, they should have random matching for the heroic weekly at the least.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

News flash - nobody has earned any exotics save for Vex Mythoclast. The rest have fallen in our lap from RNG.

Why do people keep saying this? Where are all these upset people at? What did I miss...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Lol, that's RNG too, just from a limited source!

Honestly, in the purest sense anything purchased from Xur with Coins from consistently completing weekly strikes is the most "earned." A case can be made for exotic bounties too, but starting them is random.

Maledict

Anyone want to join for the final boss on the weekly heroic at level 28? PSN ID is voidhawk, feel free to send a request and jump in.

Holy hell, Xur?
He has Icebreaker!
He has an exotic Warlock chest!!
It has +111 Strength... of course.

Xur is like the Sunsinger spoiling a moment. They just don't know how to act sometimes.
webms for days.
http://a.pomf.se/zqjvxe.webm

What's the best Legendary Rocket Launcher? I have MG's covered with Swarms and a Zombie. When leveled the Icebreaker will probably replace my Gjallarhorn as my primary exotic. It will be competing with Mythoclast.

I have a void Unfriendly Giant. It came with fast reload when empty and has a nice blast radius and decent velocity. It makes short work or Praetorians and Minotaurs.

ocean

Banned
I got Skullfort from his Engram. Love it.

People are always impressed when they see the helm when I'm holding the banner in PVP.

It's the hottest item in the game in my opinion. I'll ditch my fully upgraded Inmost Light the very second that helm drops for me.

MADGAME

How is Mythoclast not RNG? If someone completes raid on hard and doesn't get the roll are you saying they didn't earn it, but those who do get the roll earned it?

Jaleel

Level 29 Titan with maxed armour and weapons looking for VoG. Normal, Hard I don't care. I just want to Raid. Nothing else for me to do at the moment. Have mic and completed the raid several times on normal.

PSN: Jibreel

PM or send FR please.

If you haven't done the VoG yet how do you know it's less complex or difficult than matchmade content in other games?

I've watched Youtube videos, an associate, and several other people. I lost 6 years of my social life during my undergrad to hardcore raiding in WoW and FFXI.

Sane_Man

Anyone doing the hard raid tonight? I'm a level 29 Hunter. Completed normal many times but not hard yet. Would love an invite! PS4. PSN: SaneManPritch.

Am I right in thinking you still get rewards from the hard raid when you've completed the normal one in the same week?

RNG has been horrible to me. The only legendary drop I ever got was the sniper rifle from queens wrath. Other than that the cryptarch has only given me blues and im up to rank 9 now :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why do people keep saying this? Where are all these upset people at? What did I miss...
pages 80-85 or so. thread moves fast.
Destiny|OT8| Xur what the fuck have you done
I'm really upset about this. I have two characters, grind out dailies and bounties. Do two nightfalls, two weekly heroics, two raids. All to try and get a rare weapon that I want. The IceBreaker was one of the last guns I was still sought after.

So I can just go home and BUY it?! Thats not fun.
Because those people PLAYED THE GAME and got rewarded with the Ice Breaker. Whether it was from a loot cave or from Nightfall. They were playing the game and got the gun randomly. The math gods smiled upon them.

They didnt' walk up to a corner store and buy it.
etc.

MADGAME

Anyone doing the hard raid tonight? I'm a level 29 Hunter. Completed normal many times but not hard yet. Would love an invite! PS4. PSN: SaneManPritch.

Am I right in thinking you still get rewards from the hard raid when you've completed the normal one in the same week?

Let's get a group going tonight. 29 Titan here. If you already completed normal you will get boss rewards but not chest rewards.

I would be available any time after 6pm Central.

I was literally just thinking I'll never get an exotic bounty and bam. Got a choice out of shattered memory, voice in the wilderness, tolands legacy.

????

Voice in the wilderness machine gun sounds most straight forward. Good choice?

I was really excited for SGA... sadly it has way too much recoil to the point that it is not as effective as a legendary machine gun that has more stability.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was literally just thinking I'll never get an exotic bounty and bam. Got a choice out of shattered memory, voice in the wilderness, tolands legacy.

????

Voice in the wilderness machine gun sounds most straight forward. Good choice?
please do yourself a favor and pursue pocket infinity!

ethomaz

Banned
Let's get a group going tonight. 29 Titan here. If you already completed normal you will get boss rewards but not chest rewards.

You only don't get the first chest reward...

BTW open for Hard Raid... anytime.

LiK

It's the hottest item in the game in my opinion. I'll ditch my fully upgraded Inmost Light the very second that helm drops for me.
yea, I wish there were variants of the lights with different colors. If Xur ever sells it and I see it everywhere, I'm switching to Raid helm as my main, lol

Sane_Man

Sounds good man but I should have said I'm from UK. 6pm central is sadly sleepy time for me :(

Chitown B

Definitely not true. For one thing, all the enemies are Lv 27 later in the raid so Lv 26's will be at a significant disadvantage.

Also, I don't know how the stats work but there's no question that normal raid gets much easier as you level from 26 to 30.

pretty sure they all have "26" over their heads, so no.

Also:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...is_how_light_levels_affect_your_gameplay_and/

final results doing damage with the same EXACT weapon at the same TYPE OF MOB (lvl 24 acolyte) by just changing my light level

Light 21: 184 dmg
Light 23: 261 dmg
Light 24: 383 dmg
Light 26: 383 dmg
Light 28: 383 dmg

pages 80-85 or so. thread moves fast.

etc.

apparently the game is supposed to be played at the mercy of "the math gods" or it's noob.

bungie needs to take blind watch out of control.

developers need to admit when their shit is broken and do something about it. the fact that this was in the beta and nothing changed is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom