• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

I've watched Youtube videos, an associate, and several other people. I lost 6 years of my social life during my undergrad to hardcore raiding in WoW and FFXI.

Having actually done VoG multiple times, the only way I could see matchmaking work for it would be to match two pre-made fireteams together.

Jaleel

Level 29 Titan with maxed armour and weapons looking for VoG. Normal, Hard I don't care. I just want to Raid. Nothing else for me to do at the moment. Have mic and completed the raid several times on normal.

PSN: Jibreel

PM or send FR please.

Quoting myself before I go try DestinyLFG.net

This gun...this gun...

Poppin' off aliens' heads like there's no tomorrow, and doing it all with style.

Take that, Darkness! Whatever you are! You vague, cliché-named thing!

To those that can't check Xur and are at work he brought today:

- Titan helmet (Helmet of Inmost Light, second time he has brought it I believe).
- Icebreaker sniper rifle (no ammo, 6 bullet magazine, recharges over time as long as it's one of your three weapons equipped).
- Hunter chest (Raspberry or w/e it's called, second time he has brought it I believe).
- Warlock chest. Voidfang, first time he brought it, useful for Sunbros as much Voidwalkers because it spawns you with grenades (once you get that upgrade), and there's a glitch where if you switch skills in the sunbro tree it'll recharge the grenades as well.
- Exotic helmet engram.
- NOT FUCKING SUNBREAKERS THANK FUCKING JUDEO-CHRISTIAN GOD

Went ahead and bought icebreaker and voidwalker chest. I'm back down to 27 (about to hit 28 can probably hit 28 tomorrow after I do my dailies) but I still have my exotic helmet and legendary chest to switch back to and reach 29 if necessary. Which I had to.

One of my besties joined me and together we did all the dailies including the bounties. Shit goes so much faster when you have someone with you. He used his icebreaker for the weekly at 28, I switched to void sniper because triple damage. And yeah, just us two at 29 took us almost no time to blaze through the weekly.

Got 2 upgrades for my icebreaker, 2 for my voidwalker chest (I'm at 1 light away now from 28 if I decide to stick with this). The great thing about having two exotic armor pieces is that now I only need for sure two of the raid gear equipments to drop and the third can be either chest or helmet, and I'd be ready to reach 30. If I can get at least one of the raid gear drops this weekend I'd be happy.

Now I gotta stop playing. Gotta study for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam. Busy saturday.

E92 M3

bungie needs to take blind watch out of control.

developers need to admit when their shit is broken and do something about it. the fact that this was in the beta and nothing changed is unacceptable.

What's wrong with it? (don't play control)

Yup!

That's the Rank 3 shader too, I will probably rock the God of War red one or maybe even raid white. Not sure yet.

Sadly not! dying to get it though, I love huge clunky ass ships lol.

Did you have a consistent team to win constantly?

Bizazedo

bungie needs to take blind watch out of control.

developers need to admit when their shit is broken and do something about it.

Was in a mixed group of GAF'ers / Shacknews guys the other day. One of them made a move to A while we had B and C.

"NOOO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"
"I'm not going to cap it, I'm just going to kill them!"
"You'll switch the spawns, still, leave them be! Let them come to us!!"

Hilarious.

What's wrong with it? (don't play control)
It's hysterically unbalanced. Cap A = you lose.

Anton668

This gun...this gun...

Poppin' off aliens' heads like there's no tomorrow, and doing it all with style.

wait till you do the daily story. it has juggler enabled....

I cheesed my way through the whole damn mission!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Should be the next OT title.
i missed this; wow if you think it's really worthy of that. yikes. make me eat crow if we're still talking about Xur selling ice breakers 100 pages from now.
I have seen it.
But there is one guy sliding through every weapon type unphased.
I didn't say seen I said been! It's critical in pvp, and hell in pve for getting to safety too
This gun...this gun...

attagirl

Chitown B

Was in a mixed group of GAF'ers / Shacknews guys the other day. One of them made a move to A while we had B and C.

"NOOO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"
"I'm not going to cap it, I'm just going to kill them!"
"You'll switch the spawns, still, leave them be! Let them come to us!!"

Hilarious.

lol.

territories works weird in Destiny, different than I'm used to. you don't get points for capping and holding - the caps count as multipliers for your score when you kill people.

I am a level 26 warlock. Does anybody want to do the weekly strikes/story mission or the nightfall or anything like that?

PSN: Datdudeiceman191

I currently am at 100 Light.

I need 9 more light for level 29.

Here is my setup:

Legendary Helmet: 27 Light (Maxed)
Exotic Gauntlets: 30 Light (Maxed)
Raid Chest: 20 Light (4 upgrades left - 7 shards each)
Legendary Boots: 23 Light (2 upgrades left - 6 shards each)

What is my most efficient (cheapest shards) I can spend to get the remaining 9 light.

cakely

Question for DestinyGAF:

When I turn in a bounty how does the XP award get split between my weapons and gear that needs experience?

Do they all get the full amount? Or does the XP get split between them?

I suspect they all get the full amount but I haven't performed the experiment to prove it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
pretty sure they all have "26" over their heads, so no.
yeah this is simply wrong :-/ After the templar I believe literally all enemies are 27.
Question for DestinyGAF:

When I turn in a bounty how does the XP award get split between my weapons and gear that needs experience?

I suspect they all get the full amount but I haven't performed the experiment to prove it.
Split! Good question!

Equip maxed-out items in other slots if attempting to level one item specifically.

hydruxo

Question for DestinyGAF:

Split. Equip maxed gear if there's something you want to upgrade quickly. It will all funnel to that one.

Chitown B

Here is my setup:

Legendary Boots: 27 Light (2 upgrades left - 6 shards each)

What is my most efficient (cheapest shards) I can spend to get the remaining 9 light.

your boots are wrong - you mean 23 light.

legendaries' last column goes 1, 2, 2.

raid's go 2, 3, 3. (plus 2 for the other upgrade)

So, do the math. I'd only upgrade raid at this point. You can't use legendaries to get to 30 so it's a waste. Just do the 4 upgrades on the raid chest, which gets you 10 more light for 28 shards.

yLEFTy

Anyone know the answer to this? if I carry a friends level 12 through the 22 weekly strike, will he still get the coins even though he doesn't have the playlist unlocked?

cakely

Here is my setup:

Legendary Boots: 23 Light (2 upgrades left - 6 shards each)

Upgrading your boots will get you +4 light for 12 shards. (3.0 light/shard)

Upgrading your raid chest will get you +10 light for 28 shards. (2.8 light/shard)

If it were me I'd upgrade the raid chest first because you'll most likely keep that item until you hit level 30.

Hiko

Banned
You guy(s) freaking about Xur selling Icebreaker need to chill the fuck out. Within months we're going to look back and laugh at the "old days" when we thought Icebreaker or the Vex Mythbuster were such a amazing guns as they'll have been long since rendered obsolete in the hierarchy by something else. Xur selling Icebreaker may as well be the first step of this process.
Yeah either the gun will be nerfed or something better will come along

Dropped some Coins on Innermost Light. Bought an Engram as well but got Knucklehead Radar. Oh well. I'll probably keep it in my vault.

If you roll an alt, you'll get more shots at weekly events. When you're ready, it might not be a bad idea to roll a hunter as your next one so it has a leg up in leveling once you hit 20.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone know the answer to this? if I carry a friends level 12 through the 22 weekly strike, will he still get the coins even though he doesn't have the playlist unlocked?
Nope. -3 levels is the threshold for entering any content. You'll get a big ol' red button on the orbit screen.

Navy Bean

Having actually done VoG multiple times, the only way I could see matchmaking work for it would be to match two pre-made fireteams together.

All 3 times I've done it has been with randoms basically and it works fine. You would know in the first phase whether the group was okay or not, with mics, etc. If not just drop at that point and start over.

Game should have mm as a choice for everything IMO. Maybe wait a few weeks for each new raid until everyone has figured out strategies.

Does anyone in this thread play on Xbox 360? I've got a Titan almost to 29. Crest of Alpha Lupi, Ice breaker, and legendary primaries and heavies. I want to try the raid some time soon (Tomorrow?) but I only have two friends who play on 360 that are high enough to do it.

Finalow

I have 2 exotic helmets for the hunter and they're both ugly as fuck. thanks, bungie.

I just need an heavy weapon and I'm all purple/yellow. there isn't an easy way to farm that is it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom