• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I got the same 3 exotic bounties again, so I chose Invective once again.

I'm not sure if I want to go through it again, but it is tempting to just throw the duplicate Invective on an alternate character if I need to ..

ocean

Banned
pretty sure they all have "26" over their heads, so no.

Also:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...is_how_light_levels_affect_your_gameplay_and/

final results doing damage with the same EXACT weapon at the same TYPE OF MOB (lvl 24 acolyte) by just changing my light level

Light 21: 184 dmg
Light 23: 261 dmg
Light 24: 383 dmg
Light 26: 383 dmg
Light 28: 383 dmg

apparently the game is supposed to be played at the mercy of "the math gods" or it's noob.

Interesting, nice find! Also, there are level 28 enemies during the last segment of the Raid (Supplicants + mobs where you're teleported). That's why it's incredibly hard to do it with a group of 26's like most people who attempted the first day. Once you're at 28 you do full damage and it's an easier fight. At level 26 Supplicants will fuck you up quick.

I'm not sure if I want to go through it again, but it is tempting to just throw the duplicate Invective on an alternate character if I need to ..

I mean who not grab one of the others? they are getting buffed soon.

Bizazedo

All 3 times I've done it has been with randoms basically and it works fine. You would know in the first phase whether the group was okay or not, with mics, etc. If not just drop at that point and start over.

Game should have mm as a choice for everything IMO. Maybe wait a few weeks for each new raid until everyone has figured out strategies.

True randoms you met in the Tower / on Venus, or "randoms" from GAF / DestinyLFG? If the latter, it's nowhere near the same and a bad comparison.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody else find the combat more find when you don't have to worry about finding special ammo?
lol! I wouldn't know. Pocket Infinity eats it up like the cookie monster. But I have a stack of synthesis and a keen eye for green on the floor.

jay23

Exotic helm trio

9gMbg6e.jpg

Side note, I think light beware is my favorite fusion rifle it has a better charge rate than most.

Pierate

Any normal mode raid groups looking for players on ps4? I'm a lvl 28 raid virgin hunter and would like to do some raiding tonight and possibly throughout the weekend if needed. I'm in EU and will be on in about 15 min if anyone needs me.

Psn: CptPierate

Also Icebreaker yay.

Legendary Helmet: 27 Light (Maxed)
Exotic Gauntlets: 30 Light (Maxed)
Raid Chest: 20 Light (4 upgrades left - 7 shards each)
Legendary Boots: 23 Light (2 upgrades left - 6 shards each)

What is my most efficient (cheapest shards) I can spend to get the remaining 9 light.

Max your raid chest to hit Lv 29. Don't waste shards on non-raid/exotic gear unless you absolutely have to (which you don't at this point).

Your goal is presumably Lv 30 which means you will have to eventually dismantle the legendary helmet and boots and you aren't getting extra shards back from upgrading them.

I've gotten the same 3 choices 5 times in a row.

I just scrapped the last two ones. Not going through any of that again.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I was cracking up last night buying the 50 Special Ammo packs from the gun dude. He goes into rapid-fire commentary if you have the funds and spam X to buy them really quickly.

hydruxo

All 3 times I've done it has been with randoms basically and it works fine. You would know in the first phase whether the group was okay or not, with mics, etc. If not just drop at that point and start over.

Game should have mm as a choice for everything IMO. Maybe wait a few weeks for each new raid until everyone has figured out strategies.

Well I've done it with randoms everytime too, but it was organized and it was gaffers. We all had mics. There are too many variables that make MM for the raid a bad choice. For the record, I'm okay with MM for Nightfall. Raid takes longer and requires teamwork, and with the way voice chat is with destiny right now, that wouldn't even work with randoms unless you added them all.

SkylineRKR

In terms of overall package... yes. In other areas... def not. Upgraded Time is better as well as the raid sniper... imo.

Raid sniper is certainly good, but the lack of impact does hurt it imo. Still, its got a good ROF, quickest reload and best stability probably. I love to use it (esp. cuz explosion is unlocked so soon), but I wish it hit a tad harder.

Cruxist

Anybody else find the combat more find when you don't have to worry about finding special ammo?

Oh god yes. The fact that I'm not scrounging for those little green boxes is fantastic. I can't wait to try this out with the Juggler modifier on soon.

Raid sniper is certainly good, but the lack of impact does hurt it imo. Still, its got a good ROF, quickest reload and best stability probably. I love to use it, but I wish it hit a tad harder.

Same... but mine is barely leveled. I just love how i can rattle off 4 rounds and be reloaded onto my next four when the guys next to me are just firing their 4th round and all of mine are exactly in the same spot on target. Thing is a lazer guided nail driver with instant reload and void damge. Oracle masher.

Hedgey

Any normal mode raid groups looking for players on ps4? I'm a lvl 28 raid virgin hunter and would like to do some raiding tonight and possibly throughout the weekend if needed. I'm in EU and will be on in about 15 min if anyone needs me.

Psn: CptPierate

I'll send you a request.

Settling for Normal raid today on PS4 (We're going to go ahead and open the gates just the four of us, join us whenever)
Current Party:
Level 29 Hunter
Level 28 Warlock
Level 28 Hunter
Level 28 Titan

Need one more if you're joining.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Same... but mine is barely leveled. I just love how i can rattle off 4 rounds and be reloaded onto my next four when the guys next to me are just firing their 4th round and all of mine are exactly in the same spot on target. Thing is a lazer guided nail driver with instant reload and void damge. Oracle masher.

Which gun is this?

Palocca

So I think I want to start a new hunter class. Question: I've been eyeing the Splinter Cell looking exotic helmet only because it looks pretty cool. Stat-wise, is it any good?

BraXzy

Okay okay okay.. I just remembered! I was going to say..

How the heck does the Ice Breakers scope work? There's no other end to it :L

What's wrong with it? (don't play control)

red are the capture zones and blue are the team spawn zones

XbpJDdN.jpg

if you hold A, you'll spawn in the A side every single time until somebody contests it, which will spawn you behind B and C.

B and C are very close and you can cut off 2 of the 3 ways to get to both zones from a single room. All the rest of the team has to do is camp the doors with shotguns, snipers, heavy ammo, bladedancer, etc.

I'll have a more elaborate analysis of it soon, but for now I think they should either relocate the zones and lower its weighting, or just remove it from control.

Really hope I get a chance to Raid this weekend now that I have some decent guns. Anyone on X1 planning on a run during the afternoon tomorrow? I might have time elsewhere but that's the only block of time I'm pretty sure of.

Navy Bean

True randoms you met in the Tower / on Venus, or "randoms" from GAF / DestinyLFG? If the latter, it's nowhere near the same and a bad comparison.

Mostly DestinyLFG because I'm on X1 for some stupid reason (I like the controller better for shooters). But, I guess my main point is that I would be willing to suffer through a few bad matches for the opportunity to jump in and raid on my schedule.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll have a more unbiased analysis of it soon, but for now I think they should either relocate the zones and lower its weighting, or just remove it from control.
easiest short-term. I really like the map in clash and rumble.

uhhh wanted to make sure I didn't misread...

-_-

Lol, this gave me a good laugh. All I know is it's good to be higher level, that's (presumably) everyone's goal here. Even if it's just to do hard raid, etc.

For example, what "level" is Atheon? Would a Lv30 not do more/take less damage even in the normal raid? I have no idea, just curious.

Korosenai

Been 27/28 for 2 weeks now. Still haven't been able to get into a Vault run. Bungie, why did you release an unfinished game. I shouldn't have to rely on message boards to find groups.
I mean, if youre already here, why not ask? Complaining doesnt do much. There are always people on here looking for groups to do raids.

MrMuscle

I'll send you a request.

Settling for Normal raid today on PS4 (We're going to go ahead and open the gates just the four of us, join us whenever)
Current Party:
Level 29 Hunter
Level 28 Warlock
Level 28 Hunter
Level 28 Titan

Need one more if you're joining.

Lvl 28 Titan here if you need me, TheMrMuscle

So I think I want to start a new hunter class. Question: I've been eyeing the Splinter Cell looking exotic helmet only because it looks pretty cool. Stat-wise, is it any good?

I find it great for Crucible, if you run Bladedancer. You get a few extra swipes for Arc Blade, which can mean the difference between taking out 4+ guys or dying before killing the third guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom