• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

iDpyQVUOKBB2Q.gif

This gif is amazing! (haven't watched TUF since Faber/Cruz)

Bizazedo

I'll have a more elaborate analysis of it soon, but for now I think they should either relocate the zones and lower its weighting, or just remove it from control.

The two damning parts of it all are that we figured out how badly balanced it was for Control in Beta and it's actually a fun damn map if the flags were in different places.

The last is my opinion, obviously.

DesertFox

Lol, that's RNG too, just from a limited source!

Honestly, in the purest sense anything purchased from Xur with Coins from consistently completing weekly strikes is the most "earned." A case can be made for exotic bounties too, but starting them is random.
Lol very true. I suppose they are all at the mercy of RNG at some point, while the coins are a guarantee.
How is Mythoclast not RNG? If someone completes raid on hard and doesn't get the roll are you saying they didn't earn it, but those who do get the roll earned it?
No that's not at all what I was saying, just that the Vex, while still random is tied directly to a specific encounter, not something that will randomly fall on you during bounties, pvp, strikes, etc.

Bizazedo

Mostly DestinyLFG because I'm on X1 for some stupid reason (I like the controller better for shooters). But, I guess my main point is that I would be willing to suffer through a few bad matches for the opportunity to jump in and raid on my schedule.

Don't knock it, I double dipped and have it for X1 as well :).

And I guess our counterpoint is it wouldn't be a "few" bad matches in a MM environment. It would be a lot more.

Welfare

If anyone is starting an alt on Xbox One, I can help ease the pain a little, as I'm starting an alt.

Gt: Welfare Queen I

SkylineRKR

quick question...

Doctor Nope or Shadow Price?

Absolutely Shadow Price. But the vendor one isn't the best. My friend has one with Spray and something, that gives reload buff after empty clip. I am still hoarding for one with Field Scout (40+ bullets in the mag).

MADGAME

No that's not at all what I was saying, just that the Vex, while still random is tied directly to a specific encounter, not something that will randomly fall on you during bounties, pvp, strikes, etc.

I see, so then all raid-only gear fit in this category, not just mytho.

E92 M3

If anyone is starting an alt on Xbox One, I can help ease the pain a little, as I'm starting an alt.

Gt: Welfare Queen I

I might start one this weekend. I think it's time.

Absolutely Shadow Price. But the vendor one isn't the best. My friend has one with Spray and something, that gives reload buff after empty clip. I am still hoarding for one with Field Scout (40+ bullets in the mag).

I want that so badly. 40+ bullets will be amazing; it's one of the reasons I haven't maxed my vendor version yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
those gametypes also don't limit players to spawning on one side of the map. control just messes up the spawns on a lot of the maps. probably my least favorite gametype in destiny.
it's my least favorite as well- I wish the Iron Banner had like Iron versions of other types.

I get the appeal because the control points drive the flow of combat and ensure you aren't running around looking for fights, but Destiny's map design and combat reward knowing the maps and choosing where to engage, rather than having that decision made for you. Oh well. I'll tolerate it for the IB and then go back to my normal habits. :)
Lol, this gave me a good laugh. All I know is it's good to be higher level, that's (presumably) everyone's goal here. Even if it's just to do hard raid, etc.

For example, what "level" is Atheon? Would a Lv30 not do more/take less damage even in the normal raid? I have no idea, just curious.
Level a zillion!!!!!

I actually have no idea, lol. 27? I think?
I see, so then all raid-only gear fit in this category, not just mytho.
Well, the VM is hard raid only. I think only that, the raid helm, timebreaker, fatebringer, and the ship fit in this category if I'm not mistaken?

Patroclos

Banned
quick question...

Ahhhh. Dr. Nope. It's a love hate thing, time to kill is slow but I have taken 3 guys out on a control point with one clip many times. Have to hit those head shots though. The stability upgrade is REQUIRED. If there is no stability upgrade on it it's a no go. I upgraded it to the point where I would have to spend legendary mats and quit. I will alternate between it and the Ares Nemesis until I get an exotic AR.

Just soloed the 28 weekly heroic, thanks based Ice Breaker.

I got 6 coins i did the 22 earlier this week and got 3, so that's 9 total.
I thought you would get less if you did it that way, was i mistaken?

What is the best exotic weapon I should be focus on trying to purchase? Should I just try to commit to being able to do raid hard mode to get the Vex Mytho? I know that gun has to get nerfed badly soon though

Bizazedo

I have a heavy machine gun with almost a full stability bar. I can change it to a Range bar that's overhalfway full with stability still being about half.

It's an amazing HMG, I must find out how to take a screenshot with PS4.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
quick question...

9/10 times it's Shadow Price. Doctor Nope is just not an exemplary AR in a game dominated by ARs, so it's hard to advocate. Some people do like it a lot though, so consider your preferences.

DjRalford

I have a heavy machine gun with almost a full stability bar. I can change it to a Range bar that's overhalfway full with stability still being about half.

It's an amazing HMG, I must find out how to take a screenshot with PS4.

Press share on controller and save screenshot

Dante316

What is the best exotic weapon I should be focus on trying to purchase? Should I just try to commit to being able to do raid hard mode to get the Vex Mytho? I know that gun has to get nerfed badly soon though

The best exotic for high end stuff for me has been the suros regime, then for bosses I use the ghallenhorn, now since I got icebreaker ill switch somestuff out. But suros has been key for me.

Bizazedo

9/10 times it's Shadow Price. Doctor Nope is just not an exemplary AR in a game dominated by ARs, so it's hard to advocate. Some people do like it a lot though, so consider your preferences.

I think I'm going to have a ceremonial dismantling of it tonight. I like the name and concept and, most importantly, sound of it firing....but I don't need the vendor baseline version of it *and* Atheon's Epilogue.

SkylineRKR

I love how orbiting right after you get a bounty doesn't delete the progress you made in those boring missions. Sword of Crota bounty only took me like 5 minutes. And Garden's Spire as well.

I think its a good tip for those that don't know, never let the mission end timer expire if its not a rewarded mission (daily etc).

The best exotic for high end stuff for me has been the suros regime, then for bosses I use the ghallenhorn, now since I got icebreaker ill switch somestuff out. But suros has been key for me.

I'm debating saving my coins for a primary exotic but it seems to make a lot of sense to just go for a better secondary exotic like the ice breaker and either get the Shadow Prince or Fatebringer as a primary.

ocean

Banned
Well, the VM is hard raid only. I think only that, the raid helm, timebreaker, fatebringer, and the ship fit in this category if I'm not mistaken?

Well I got a Legendary ship from the normal raid but I'm not sure it's the one you're referring to? It's called "Glass Minuet" and its description reads The Vault whispers of a world beyond.

Flo_Evans

I think I'm going to have a ceremonial dismantling of it tonight. I like the name and concept and, most importantly, sound of it firing....but I don't need the vendor baseline version of it *and* Atheon's Epilogue.

Antons epilogue is a buff version of doctor nope IMHO.

Can someone help me understand the role Atheons Epilogue has in the game? i.e. where do you find it useful, and how far do you have to level it up to get it there?

On first use it seems like an ineffective bullet hose even against trash mobs. So what's the real world case for it?

Patroclos

Banned
As a PvP guy mainly, and more specifically control, should I buy the Icebreaker or wait for the Suros again? I have a Thunderlord, Dr. Nope, Light/Beware, The Comedian and nearly complete bounties for Pocket Infinity and Invective.

Help me guys.

it's my least favorite as well- I wish the Iron Banner had like Iron versions of other types.

I get the appeal because the control points drive the flow of combat and ensure you aren't running around looking for fights, but Destiny's map design and combat reward knowing the maps and choosing where to engage, rather than having that decision made for you. Oh well. I'll tolerate it for the IB and then go back to my normal habits. :)

this exactly. it either artificially creates chokepoints on the map or puts too much pressure on them, rather than letting that flow evolve naturally.

a good map with desirable positions and contestable heavy ammo will encourage flow and keep up the pace of combat. bungie seems to be using control in place of those, which then exposes the fundamental issues with the maps.

EL CUCO

So how would you go about acquiring the non vendor one?

Pray to RNGesus every morning you wake up and at night before bed. Thank him for all the Greens (for the extra Glimmer) and the Blues (even if the Blues just turned into more Blue crap)

Hopefully he will be gracious to you
I'm just gonna buy mine

So I'm a level 28 Titan and received and Exotic chest piece from Nightfall last night. It's like +121 Disipline but it's big deal is it allows you to throw 2 grenades per cool down. Is this as awesome as it sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom