• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palocca

As a PvP guy mainly, and more specifically control, should I buy the Icebreaker or wait for the Suros again? I have a Thunderlord, Dr. Nope, Light/Beware, The Comedian and nearly complete bounties for Pocket Infinity and Invective.

Help me guys.

I just want to say, Pocket Infinity absolutely wrecks people in PVP. I pair that up with my Shadow Price and it becomes like a meat buffet.

Greenymac

Dont dare touch my heart of praxic fire...its mine...all mine...my precious...:p game is turning me into smeagle lol

Yeah I need that chest piece... I already had the voidfang vestaments so I was quite letdown by Xur this morning. Raiding tonight so hopefully I get lucky and get some raid gear. id trade anything for Hawkmoon or Fatebringer...

todd360

Pray to RNGesus every morning you wake up and at night before bed. Thank him for all the Greens (for the extra Glimmer) and the Blues (even if the Blues just turned into more Blue crap)

Hopefully he will be gracious to you
I'm just gonna buy mine

Praise him! For he is our lord! RNGesus!

So how would you go about acquiring the non vendor one?

I got it when I hit level 3 vanguard. Showed up in my inbox. That was a good day. I've heard others getting it from drops. It's the best non-raid AR in the game in my opinion. The field scout perk and quick reload perk are almost unfair when the gun is fully upgraded.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I'm a level 28 Titan and received and Exotic chest piece from Nightfall last night. It's like +121 Disipline but it's big deal is it allows you to throw 2 grenades per cool down. Is this as awesome as it sounds?

Ummmm yes :p

Flo_Evans

As a PvP guy mainly, and more specifically control, should I buy the Icebreaker or wait for the Suros again? I have a Thunderlord, Dr. Nope, Light/Beware, The Comedian and nearly complete bounties for Pocket Infinity and Invective.

Help me guys.

Do you like to camp? Sniper/special ammo is all over the place in PvP. Ice Breaker is more a PvE weapon.

Luck.

oraBAUE.png

I am a lucky SoB! This is the version you want.

Holy shit! that looks sweet!

Magazine of 42?

DAMN mine has like 24 now, but I have still a lot to upgrade on it, doubt that it will increase clip size.

Dante316

I have this and don't even use it. Not sure why it's so great. The special ability seems very limited but maybe I'm missing something.

The reason why its sooo great is simple.
Sunsinger radiance can shoot out 7 grenades
the ability to have heavy ammo combined with more heavy ammo with raid boots...*drools* imagine shooting ghallenhorn 10 times on a boss. They would melt.
fusion ammo with pocket infinity or any other fusion rifles sometimes use.

all this combined makes for a powerful entry to the raid and nightfall and lvl 28 weekly strikes.

Tovarisc

A lot of Crucible / Iron Banner players who have no idea what caps make your team spawn where. A lot matches lost because some random player caps "wrong" flag causing team to spawn away from optimal spawn.

Blind Watch is prime example of this. Alpha team wants to cap B + C so Bravo loses match winning spawn advantage, but take A and you spawn to "wrong" end of the map.

Ahhhh. Dr. Nope. It's a love hate thing, time to kill is slow but I have taken 3 guys out on a control point with one clip many times. Have to hit those head shots though. The stability upgrade is REQUIRED. If there is no stability upgrade on it it's a no go. I upgraded it to the point where I would have to spend legendary mats and quit. I will alternate between it and the Ares Nemesis until I get an exotic AR.

Correction: You will alternate between those two until the dropped Shadow Price hits your plate.

Dr. Nope over the Shadow Price? Can I buy some pot from you?

Should I buy the Ice Breaker and focus on getting the raid auto rifle?

I don't know if there is a better exotic weapon that has such an unique perk

Dante316

Yeah I need that chest piece... I already had the voidfang vestaments so I was quite letdown by Xur this morning. Raiding tonight so hopefully I get lucky and get some raid gear. id trade anything for Hawkmoon or Fatebringer...

Ice breaker is pretty epic weapon. I highly recommend it. Of course its a snipers dream to have unlimited ammo *grins*

jay23

I might start one this weekend. I think it's time.

I want that so badly. 40+ bullets will be amazing; it's one of the reasons I haven't maxed my vendor version yet.

Same here I refuse to use energy on the 25 clip version.

I have an alt sunsinger level 8 that I need to power rank, gt?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You around tonight hawkian for some nightfall?
yes! we gotta get it done for you! what time is ok? I wonder if fixed got it...
Well I got a Legendary ship from the normal raid but I'm not sure it's the one you're referring to? It's called "Glass Minuet" and its description reads The Vault whispers of a world beyond.

I have this and don't even use it. Not sure why it's so great. The special ability seems very limited but maybe I'm missing something.
You'll have to build around it but I'm quite certain it can be amazing. Radiant Will, Radiant Skin or Fireborn depending on circumstance, must-have INT and your preference of either DIS or STR (STR for me, mmm Flame Shield), and a badass exotic fusion rifle (PvP or PvE) or heavy weapon (PvE). Complimentary pieces that increase super energy or Orb Production... om nom nom I can't wait.

Luck.

oraBAUE.png

I am a lucky SoB! This is the version you want.

oh.my.GAWD

my SP has the magazine upgrade but the other two are glass half full (bottom half of each magazine grants bonus damage) and Life support ( when recovering from near death you are granted faster reload spead and more ammo)

Patroclos

Banned
I just want to say, Pocket Infinity absolutely wrecks people in PVP. I pair that up with my Shadow Price and it becomes like a meat buffet.

The 200 Nightfall kills is brutal. Hit about twenty farming the beginning and said fuck it for now. I need to man up and do it. That reminds me, I need to man up and finish the game I'm still on Mars in story mode with a couple Venus missions left.

I was wondering what the Stranger's Rifle was for quite some time when I would get killed by it. Then a friend told me. I can say lack of story has not affected me in the slightest. Haha.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

It looks cool. For me, this game is half about being useful and half about looking cool. That's why a part of me wants Voidfang Vestments even though I don't want to use shards on non-Raid gear.

My post got devoured so quickly - I'll try again.

Anyone here play on the Xbox 360? Got a 28 Titan and want to try and raid soon, but I only know a couple of friends who play on 360 and are high enough level to raid.

Futaba

The 200 Nightfall kills is brutal. Hit about twenty farming the beginning and said fuck it for now. I need to man up and do it. That reminds me, I need to man up and finish the game I'm still on Mars in story mode with a couple Venus missions left.

I was wondering what the Stranger's Rifle was for quite some time when I would get killed by it. Then a friend told me. I can say lack of story has not affected me in the slightest. Haha.

go to that first area kill, then back out and zoom all away to that area on the other side of the map where you spawn for nexus strike mission, with fallen and vex fighting each other, kills you get there will count towards it.

dacalo

Can someone help me understand the role Atheons Epilogue has in the game? i.e. where do you find it useful, and how far do you have to level it up to get it there?

On first use it seems like an ineffective bullet hose even against trash mobs. So what's the real world case for it?

It's void damage is amazing. I have it fully upgraded with stability feature, and it just tears through the Vex, not to mention the weeklies with void burn. With it upgraded, I can have void damage as primary and arc and fire damage between secondary and special weapons.

I can easily solo weeklies at level 28 with ease (nightfalls not too bad being a sunsinger with resurrection ability).

oh.my.GAWD

my SP has the magazine upgrade but the other two are glass half full (bottom half of each magazine grants bonus damage) and Life support ( when recovering from near death you are granted faster reload spead and more ammo)

Yeah... sorry you have that version... it's a different gun with the 42 mag and quick reload. Basically just keep the trigger down until you run out of bullets (500 of 'em with the field scout perk).

Gaf help me. Should I get the Ice Breaker? I have no exotic weapons. I stopped PVP that much and if I do go into PVP I would use a shotgun instead. I like to hop on and do the weekly and raid. Since that's PVE should I just get the gun to be set?

Patroclos

Banned
Correction: You will alternate between those two until the dropped Shadow Price hits your plate.

Dr. Nope over the Shadow Price? Can I buy some pot from you?

I do have some good stuff. Just not Shadow Price! Lol. I would use about any legendary over the Dr. but it's all I have. It definitley wasn't meant as a solid recommendation, more of a "it's usable with the right config" recommendation.

MADGAME

Well, the VM is hard raid only. I think only that, the raid helm, timebreaker, fatebringer, and the ship fit in this category if I'm not mistaken?
I believe the comment before that was that the mythos was tied to a specific event, as is raid gear regardless of mode. But you are correct, the items you mentioned are tethered to hard mode.

Sure. I'm not sure what point you're arguing here.

My original comment was about exotic weapons.
I was commenting on the fact you said none were truly "earned" except mythos, but mythos is RNG just like the rest of them besides the ones obtained via bounties.

I was trying to understand your thoughts, no argument here.

void666

Banned
yessssss. My Shadow Price had the magazine upgrade and radar while ADS. I don't even want to level up the Suros anymore.

I'm loving my shadow price. Best AR i've ever had. But its perks are not good. Faster reload after precisions kills, buffs after near death, not needed increased stability.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
weird. I must have written that elsewhere, lol. Sorry *ducks*
hahaha it's all good
Got space for a third on Nightfall? Just let me know the time! I'd love to take the wrappers off my new Ice Breaker :)
well if Fixed isn't around (I failed him and Stuckd yesterday), I'm happy to take you. I think you're on my friends already on PSN, right? What's the ID again? I keep mixing up everyone who has a different GAF/PSN name :-X

Patroclos

Banned
go to that first area kill, then back out and zoom all away to that area on the other side of the map where you spawn for nexus strike mission, with fallen and vex fighting each other, kills you get there will count towards it.

Awesome! Thank you!!!!!!

X-Frame

Really, this works? That's awesome.

Sorral

Antons epilogue is a buff version of doctor nope IMHO.

Love my AE. I'm rather surprised at how good it is with the stability mod because I couldn't stand this type of auto rifles like Sahara and Doctor Nope even though I got two different DNs from doing nightfall and an engram.

I was very skeptical at first, but as crazy as it sounds, AE is replacing both my Shingen-e and Suros for PvP because of the clip size and firing rate. Man, I love how it is like catching people with their pants down with its firing rate even if they go behind cover, I can just keep firing like a maniac while moving around cover. >_>

Then, there is how good it is for the Raid especially getting the shield off minotaurs and praetorian really fast.

What's the best Legendary Rocket Launcher? I have MG's covered with Swarms and a Zombie. When leveled the Icebreaker will probably replace my Gjallarhorn as my primary exotic. It will be competing with Mythoclast. Actually scratch that... Spam 7 Gjallarhorn shots, switch to Icebreaker because Icebreaker regenerates ammo.

The vanguard one is good, but I prefer Steel Oracle from the Crucible weapons NPC. Rockets exploding on proximity and the blast radius are really good in PvP like when you're not using Truth/Thorn. I was able to kill someone who was jumping and I can fire into a room without aiming for the floor with it.

I'm in the opposite end right now as I need a new legendary machine gun with high impact. How do you like The Swarm vs Zombie Apocalypse?

Just took my fully-upgraded Shadow Price and my new Ice Breaker to the level 28 daily heroic solo.

Um... shit just got hilarious. Between those two guns, wow. I murdered (and giggled).

Flo_Evans

yessssss. My Shadow Price had the magazine upgrade and radar while ADS. I don't even want to level up the Suros anymore.

Still haven't found any guns with that perk :(

Seems like it would be more useful for PvP, PvE you almost always know where enemies are spawning (at least you should...)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Does Weekly Nightfall Strike progress save? I need to be away for like 2 hours and I'm halfway through. Not like it's too big a deal if it doesn't.

Icebreaker.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just took my fully-upgraded Shadow Price and my new Ice Breaker to the level 28 daily heroic solo.

Um... shit just got hilarious. Between those two guns, wow. I murdered (and giggled).
Haha, what is today's daily anyway?
Does Weekly Nightfall Strike progress save? I need to be away for like 2 hours and I'm halfway through. Not like it's too big a deal if it doesn't.

Icebreaker.
Absolutely not; one sitting, no wipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom