• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are just insanely lazy to sub, I really don't get it.

funny enough subscriptions makes shit so much easier. It's a button and it tells you the threads you care about and whether new posts have been made. It's fucking awesome. I still check gaming side in general but OTs are a great thing to subscribe to.

Namikaze1

Wait?! The free month period is over soon?! And now you want me to subscribe?! How much will it cost me each month? $9.99 a month to post?
/s

Into

Do it!

Psn is being rubbish still though. FRs are a bit slow but they're getting through.

Add me and put your Gaf name if it's different to here!

Yeah PSN is struggling to load up even my friends list, using the phone app that sorta works =)

Trakan

For anyone who's beaten the raid on hard, what level were you? It seems like with the crazy damage reduction, you'd want to be 30.

For anyone who's beaten the raid on hard, what level were you? It seems like with the crazy damage reduction, you'd want to be 30.

29 is minimum, 30 is definite improvement but not necessary.

First hard clear I was the only 30, second + third clears had two 30's. People just have to be really smart about not going down. Warlock self-res and Titan shields are really nice, Hunter is least valuable class for hard raid imo.

You can look up each option and see what it takes to get them. If you don't like the weapon, it's obviously still valuable to turn them into ascended energy but if it's a pain to get the weapon, not worth it. If you're considering creating an alt, could get it for them too.

You can get secondary/heavy weapon exotics, it depends on which bounties are made available. Some of them are pretty easy to finish, some are a pain. Just be sure to google the requirements before picking one.

I say go for it just because normal bounties aren't terribly important past a certain level and you still have 4 open spots. It can be fun to collect exotics, and some of them have valuable situational uses.

Thanks guys

They are

1) A light in The Dark

Use Void Damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible. Death will slow your progress.
Must get 500 points. 5 points gained per kill with Void damage. 2 points lost per death.

There's no way in hell I can finish this task so this is out without knowing the reward

2) Toland's Legacy

Obtain 10,000 points in the Crucible to obtain Sated Pulse Rifle. A Titan or Hunter kill or assist is worth 25 points, a Warlock Kill or assist is worth 75 Points.

mmm.. might be doable.. actually not

3) A dubious Task

Earn a Kills/Death spread of 25 in the Crucible to obtain A request from Ikora Rey II - Completed.
Note: A kill or assist is +1 point and a death is -1 points. Earn a total of 25 points. This can be done across multiple Crucible games.

LOL

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All elements?! Damn that's awesome! Time to bring out ye old Ice Breaker. I hope they have the ability to add in different modifiers as time goes on, would make things fun and interesting.
yeah, i'm psyched. just watch out for that incoming damage.

btw is there any burn on the weekly heroic this week?

In iron banner it seems people put on crappy gear to get matchmaker and then switch to lvl 29 stuff making the teams unbalanced as fuck. I know it's supposed to be somewhat unbalanced. But a team with all 29s vs a team with 3 players sub 25 is stupid.

Bergsy

Level 25, doing bounties like a mad man and finally got my first exotic bounty. Now to hit up 25 raids. This game is a real bastard at times regarding loot but I just can't stop playing.

W1SSY

Three Iron Banner matches with randoms and three wins. Was worried about going in on my level 25 warlock but not having much trouble so far.

Thanks guys

They are

1) A light in The Dark
2) Toland's Legacy
3) A dubious Task

I've done all three of these and I would say Dubious is easiest and Light in Dark is hardest although Toland's isn't too bad.

Light gives Thorn hand cannon and Toland's gives Bad Juju pulse rifle which both suck but are supposed to get buffed eventually. Dubious gives Invective shotgun which has solar damage and is pretty good. I would personally go with that one.

The +25 K/D is way easier than it sounds because assists count as kills. It took me 1 and a half Control matches, and I'm nothing special at all for PvP (~1.35 K/D).

I'm attempting to solo the Nightfall. When you get in view of the ketch and have to wait for the door to open, where is a good spot to stand? Can I just run back up the hill where I came from and snipe from up there and take my time? (<3 Ice Breaker, no need for ammo)

How's Iron Banner? Obscenely in favor of level 28s+? Is the SUROS fully upgraded better or is the stock Suros still supreme in PVP?

I'm attempting to solo the Nightfall. When you get in view of the ketch and have to wait for the door to open, where is a good spot to stand? Can I just run back up the hill where I came from and snipe from up there and take my time? (<3 Ice Breaker, no need for ammo)

Yes. Works quite well. Just be wary of Hobgoblins, they are assholes as we know.

Perhaps this has been answered before: Is there a place online that just lists info about the current Dailies and Weeklies? Even if it's unofficial?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks guys

They are

1) A light in The Dark

There's no way in hell I can finish this task so this is out without knowing the reward
Well, I wouldn't necessarily pursue Thorn if you aren't interested in PvP; if you are interested in PvP, getting a good void fusion rifle can make that step pretty easy.
2) Toland's Legacy

mmm.. might be doable.. actually not
This one's a cinch. There's no way to make backwards progress. It's just time. The downside is that Bad Juju is currently the worst exotic bounty available. It will be buffed though.
3) A dubious Task

LOL
Ditto with Invective re: PvP primarily. If you can get a positive K/D on a regular basis, it's just a matter of time. If you can't, the weapon isn't necessarily worthwhile to you anyway.

So, based on those options and your reactions, I recommend going after Bad Juju, and keeping your eyes peeled for the buff. If I misunderstood how you feel about the Crucible just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom