• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmac456

Sounds good. Wasn't bad at all until then. Seems like no need for the Pikes really. Just need plenty of special ammo and the sniping drops everything. Have you used the ship platform as a holding spot during the waves? I've seen people say that is more effective than the cliff path we were on during the waves. Either way it wasn't too bad.

yeah those pikes are a death sentence. i have the ice breaker sniper so luckily my ammo regenerates

as far as strategy goes, i'm honestly not sure :/

anyone care to give optimal strategy on the final part of the nightfall?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
If I'm understanding you correctly you aaaabsolutely can do what you're thinking and it's glorious.

That's to go from primary/secondary TO heavy.

Hahaha, totally read that wrong.

And yes, double tapping gets you to special. I didn't realize this was a secret, how were people doing it before?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Is there a guide anywhere for VoG virgins on what to do so the raid doesn't take all day...but without spoiling the discovery of it all? (As much as that is possible)

yeah those pikes are a death sentence. i have the ice breaker sniper so luckily my ammo regenerates

as far as strategy goes, i'm honestly not sure :/

anyone care to give optimal strategy on the final part of the nightfall?

It seems we can let the first boss wave thin each other out and then mop up the second wave. I was talking about the first 3 wave section when opening the door. If you run up the path to the drop ship that is used in the Winter's Scourge mission. Apparently they won't run up there like they were on that cliff path.

Just completed my first Nightfall ever. Got an exotic chest piece. Was hoping for a better assault rifle since I'm still using a blue shingen E. But I'm still excited. Felt good when we downed hiim.

Navy Bean

Is there a video showing how to cheese this weeks Nightfall? I usually have to run them solo and they are borderline impossible to do straight-up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna hop on the XB1 version to try out Iron Banner in a few minutes if anyone wants to party up. GT = kittens dx.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But...I lurve Thorn for PvE. Needs 8 rounds though.
Outside of Gunslinger Chain of Woe or Striker War Machine builds around Thorn (I'd kind of consider these gimmick builds), it seems like the reload speed would be absolutely killer in PvE. I used a hand cannon with 7 shots for quite some time and did just fine, but it had a quick reload. You like it even so?

LordofPwn

Is there a guide anywhere for VoG virgins on what to do so the raid doesn't take all day...but without spoiling the discovery of it all? (As much as that is possible)

Rule 1: Communicate - Call out the tougher enemies, listen for call outs, or orders from the team leader.

Rule 2: if you think you are prepared, you probably are not.

Rule 3: Stick to the objective - if it says to kill something in particular, then focus on that first

Rule 4: You will probably get frustrated at some point by some of your teammates, dont be a dick, be patient, try to help

Rule 5: Have fun, and dont forget to jump.

tmac456

It seems we can let the first boss wave thin each other out and then mop up the second wave. I was talking about the first 3 wave section when opening the door. If you run up the path to the drop ship that is used in the Winter's Scourge mission. Apparently they won't run up there like they were on that cliff path.

ohhhhh ok that makes sense then

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Outside of Gunslinger Chain of Woe or Striker War Machine builds around Thorn (I'd kind of consider these gimmick builds), it seems like the reload speed would be absolutely killer in PvE. I used a hand cannon with 7 shots for quite some time and did just fine, but it had a quick reload. You like it even so?

Oh yeah, lovin' it. I got some arm armor that speeds up hand cannon reload+chain of woe. Also, I've become (slightly) less concerned with reloading as often since the last round does bonus damage and it s a pretty good amount too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My last 4 nightfalls...

Last Word
Suros
Hard Light
Ice Breaker

No wonder I have no raid RNG, although I did get the final boss's scout rifle today which is pretty awesome.

blackflag

My last 4 nightfalls...

Last Word
Suros
Hard Light
Ice Breaker

No wonder I have no raid RNG, although I did get the final boss's scout rifle today which is pretty awesome.

I hate you so much.
I got...

Coins
Thunderlord
Coins

This week will bring Last Word. I just know it.

ohhhhh ok that makes sense then

I haven't tried it yet, just saw it in Reddit comments this morning. The boss area, if we would have stayed back and cleared that second wave before the boss activates, we probably would have been fine as that platform seems like a pretty reliable cheese position. I was just too quick to hide.

With a third, I would be tempted to let one person just open up point blank with a heavy machine gun on the bosses face and run if possible after, if not, sent the go to invisible Hunter medic. Even without elemental damage, you can take off huge chunks of his health with a legendary machine gun. He just keeps staggering and not shooting back.

I hit 29 the other night. I think I'm starting to get burned out. I have no desire to do anything else other than the Raid. Nightfall I guess, but that is only once a week.

:(

LiK

Destiny Wikia has the entire breakdown and strategy for it. Or look for video guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom