• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reached Rank 5 and got a Mote of Light. Please, refrain from calling me names in jealousy...

Reaching Rank 3 in Dead Orbit spoiled me. I got a Legendary Hand Cannon for that.
Uh, oh. I'm about one bounty shy of hitting Vanguard Rank 5, was hoping for some nice gear as a reward.

X-Frame

yeah, i'm psyched. just watch out for that incoming damage.

btw is there any burn on the weekly heroic this week?

It is only Void. I am thankful, last week's Weekly was brutal without any burn modifier to help with damage.

I'll be putting my void sniper and void machine gun to good use for that.

Level 25, doing bounties like a mad man and finally got my first exotic bounty. Now to hit up 25 raids. This game is a real bastard at times regarding loot but I just can't stop playing.

Pro tip: Nightfall counts as 3 strikes for this bounty. Weekly heroic counts as 2 I believe, although not sure if the level selected matters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm attempting to solo the Nightfall. When you get in view of the ketch and have to wait for the door to open, where is a good spot to stand? Can I just run back up the hill where I came from and snipe from up there and take my time? (<3 Ice Breaker, no need for ammo)
If I'm understanding you correctly you aaaabsolutely can do what you're thinking and it's glorious.
?

I thought you had to hold triangle.
That's to go from primary/secondary TO heavy.

cjp

This one's a cinch. There's no way to make backwards progress. It's just time. The downside is that Bad Juju is currently the worst exotic bounty available. It will be buffed though.

Is it definitely going to be buffed? Have Bungie said so?

HunRevan

Are there any videos or tips on how to solo the weekly nightfall mission? Last week I managed to beat the nightfall in solo in about an hour or so.

X-Frame

I'm attempting to solo the Nightfall. When you get in view of the ketch and have to wait for the door to open, where is a good spot to stand? Can I just run back up the hill where I came from and snipe from up there and take my time? (<3 Ice Breaker, no need for ammo)

Apparently another spot that people are using is to run all the way onto the ship after you've activated the Dinklebot door hack for a better view of the enemies. I can't really say which is better before I try them, but it's another option where you'll be far away from those Hobgoblins.

realcZk

Is it definitely going to be buffed? Have Bungie said so?

Yes, they have.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Dev-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12188

Not all our Exotic Weapons currently live up to this promise. In particular those weapons received from completing exotic bounties including Thorn and Bad Juju have disappointed many of us who have gone through the great effort to obtain them because, despite looking and sounding amazing, they feel underpowered. We're here to offer some advice: don't shard those guns. Their time will come.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It is only Void. I am thankful, last week's Weekly was brutal without any burn modifier to help with damage.

I'll be putting my void sniper and void machine gun to good use for that.
Excellent. 77 Wizard will get to shine after I take the Nightfall down then.

I totally agree, it's brutal when there's no burn to leverage.

LOVE the way the Burns encourage you to change up your ideal loadout every week and it really stings when there isn't one!

goldensun

Did the Nightfall last night when the new one popped up at 2 AM.

DIDN'T GET ANYTHING!

Is this a bug guys? The other two in the party got gear, I didn't even get shards. It says I've completed the Nightfall for this week too.

:( Please halp.

my headset is on but it's not doing anything.

da fuck is going on

Doh. Totally forgot about the second wave before the boss. I went to the cheese platform too quick. Should have hung back in the entrance. Oh well. I can try in an another hour or two. Only had a late lunch break window for the first go.

Excellent. 77 Wizard will get to shine after I take the Nightfall down then.

I totally agree, it's brutal when there's no burn to leverage.

LOVE the way the Burns encourage you to change up your ideal loadout every week and it really stings when there isn't one!

I hope it does get to shine. I picked one up last night.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did the Nightfall last night when the new one popped up at 2 AM.

DIDN'T GET ANYTHING!

Is this a bug guys? The other two in the party got gear, I didn't even get shards. It says I've completed the Nightfall for this week too.

:( Please halp.
Gotta log out and back in and do it again. Bug! It's burned me before too.
I hope it does get to shine. I picked one up last night.
Glorious fusion rifle and good timing. If you don't have any other legendary/exotic Fusions I encourage you to try it out even in the nightfall.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Iron Banner thing just Firebase Delphi? 3rd time in a row now =\

tmac456

Doh. Totally forgot about the second wave before the boss. I went to the cheese platform too quick. Should have hung back in the entrance. Oh well. I can try in an another hour or two. Only had a late lunch break window for the first go.

it's ok. i fucked up trying to find you for revival and i panicked lol

lets do it later and grab a 3rd person

goldensun

Gotta log out and back in and do it again. Bug! It's burned me before too.

Glorious fusion rifle and good timing. If you don't have any other legendary/exotic Fusions I encourage you to try it out even in the nightfall.
Crap!

Thank you for the info. I was kind of last in the dark and went to bed wondering WTF happened haha..

This week's nightfall is easy once you get to the priest. Just hide in the cheese spot and wait it out :)

it's ok. i fucked up trying to find you for revival and i panicked lol

lets do it later and grab a 3rd person

Sounds good. Wasn't bad at all until then. Seems like no need for the Pikes really. Just need plenty of special ammo and the sniping drops everything. Have you used the ship platform as a holding spot during the waves? I've seen people say that is more effective than the cliff path we were on during the waves. Either way it wasn't too bad.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Well, I wouldn't necessarily pursue Thorn if you aren't interested in PvP; if you are interested in PvP, getting a good void fusion rifle can make that step pretty easy.

But...I lurve Thorn for PvE. Needs 8 rounds though.

Crap!

Thank you for the info. I was kind of last in the dark and went to bed wondering WTF happened haha..

This week's nightfall is easy once you get to the priest. Just hide in the cheese spot and wait it out :)

Happened to me too. Make sure that the "Radiant Light" nightfall buff from last week has gone away (in start menu/light around your head) before trying the new one each week.

MrCatalyst

Neo Member
Quick question GAF! Which auto rifle is better the Grim Citizen or the Shadow Price?

Vanquisher III with stability upgrade. Some people will say Suros Regime, but I can't stand that gun. I also like Hardlight if you ever get the chance. With stability upgraded, it absolutely shreds shields.

Edit: That's what I get for reading too fast. Shadow Price if its between the two.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Crap!

Hehe, on the one hand, I'm thankful for these cheesy spots. been taking a lot of 26s and even 25s through these Nightfalls and yikes, sometimes I just need us to be safe.

On the other hand, I'm making a point to ensure I do every weekly strike "legit" at least once. It just feels good to know I can; the challenge in this game is a satisfying part of the whole package for me. If anyone else out there would like to be put on a list of people I might try to contact for help with this (no-cheese Nightfall runs), let me know!

RowdyReverb

I think the Relic Iron farm was patched. The one with all the rooms along the big wall. Made 3 rounds and saw 0 chests

Edit: Maybe not! Went to orbit and came back. Had better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom