• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmac456

naturally after complaining i hadn't gotten an exotic bounty yet earlier, i just get one now lol

so what's the consensus on this?

A Voice in the Wilderness = MG Super Good Advice

Shattered Memory Fragment = FR Pocket Infinity

Toland's Legacy = Bad Juju

is there a wrong answer here? I've heard bad juju is not good as of now but they are supposed to buff it.

zewone

So, I complete the weekly heroic this morning before work. Get my 9 strange coins, cool, neat.

Get home from work, have my dinner, try the nightfall for an hour or so before I beat it.
My reward? 9 strange coins.... Thanks.. I guess

You just got an Ice Breaker for your troubles.

Or save up for the Vex Mythoclast going on sale next Friday for 12 coins.

Deku Tree

naturally after complaining i hadn't gotten an exotic bounty yet earlier, i just get one now lol

is there a wrong answer here? I've heard bad juju is not good as of now but they are supposed to buff it.

I would take this one. Also look at what you have to do to get each of them.

zewone

Pocket Infinity is the only choice.

Definity

Do you have a counter argument or just one liners?

Yes. The point of a loot game, from the ones I've played, is to keep grinding until you get the item. Once you do you are ecstatic.

Destiny: oh the best gun in the game is for sale, i'll just buy it with these otherwise useless coins. No need to invest any time.

I just don't see how having access to xur can affect the "fun" that other people have in a game. Knowing xur is coming to town with loot gives people something to look forward to while playing.

Yep, here's an example from 9/19. Exotic chest engram.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdtpbORvxKQ

I guess with all the variations on engrams, I thought the picture didn't matter. I have not been paying attention.

I just don't see how having access to xur can affect the "fun" that other people have in a game. Knowing xur is coming to town with loot gives people something to look forward to while playing.

Yup. I had no idea I was getting Ice Breaker this week. My week is now complete.

Yes. The point of a loot game, from the ones I've played, is to keep grinding until you get the item. Once you do you are ecstatic.

Destiny: oh the best gun in the game is for sale, i'll just buy it with these otherwise useless coins. No need to invest any time.
I don't care about other loot games because outside of rpgs the only other one I've played is the Borderlands series where guns can be largely unique. The issue here is that guns give you a clear advantage in PvP. You didn't earn that gun. The RNG system in place is complete ass. Strikes and raids up until recently gave you no decent loot. Raid doesn't even guarantee good drops and you can only do a lot of this shit once per week for a chance to get anything decent. If the numbers rolled in your favor good for you. You spared yourself spending money on this.

But don't pretend that it's unfair everybody can stand a fighting chance now. There's no prestige. There's no "I did this really hard shit for this" because this isn't even one that is exclusive to say the hard raid. If a guy who has 0.0 something kdr in crucible gets this and the guy who carried the team got nothing what does this say about the system?

Bungie needs to fix the rng system. Bungie needs to fix weapon balancing, especially with shit like the vex gun. Until then it the only way to stand a fighting chance against people who think they are wrecking because of skills, but in reality it's due to the gun, is by letting people buy certain guns then let it be.

Edit: If you're complaining due to PvE I don't care but pvp? Take that mentality elsewhere. You don't deserve to wreck because you got lucky with a certain weapon drop.

zewone

As a PVP player, going up against Suros Regime and Ice Breakers all day can affect my fun.

Nodnol

So that was frustrating. I think me and my four friends just experienced a pretty awful Raid glitch.

We are fighting the Templar, we drop his shields, and the detain doesn't kick in. Then he keeps teleporting around, whilst constantly detaining us. Wipe after wipe. Sometimes his shield would drop, we'd fire at him and do nothing, and then a random detain would be cast. Infuriating.

How common is this one?

breakfuss

What makes a gun exotic or rare if every dummy has one?

Might as well just sell everything at the store at this point.

Xur should not exist in this game. Why should I spend my time doing strikes and nightfalls over and over if i can just wait a week to buy all the good guns and armor?

It's a joke.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Cheer up, ol chap! Your day will come.

Hmmm. This is a magnificent point. I wish I had made mention of it in my "30 or Bust" guide section. Everyone that cares about getting to 30 ASAP read this comment, for seriously.

Thanks! Yeah, it really is a sure fire bet that as soon as you get the gear (whenever that happens), you'll be on your way!

zewone

I don't care about other loot games because outside of rpgs the only other one I've played is the Borderlands series where guns can be largely unique. The issue here is that guns give you a clear advantage in PvP. You didn't earn that gun. The RNG system in place is complete ass. Strikes and raids up until recently gave you no decent loot. Raid doesn't even guarantee good drops and you can only do a lot of this shit once per week for a chance to get anything decent. If the numbers rolled in your favor good for you. You spared yourself spending money on this.

But don't pretend that it's unfair everybody can stand a fighting chance now. There's no prestige. There's no "I did this really hard shit for this" because this isn't even one that is exclusive to say the hard raid. If a guy who has 0.0 something kdr in crucible gets this and the guy who carried the team got nothing what does this say about the system?

Bungie needs to fix the rng system. Bungie needs to fix weapon balancing, especially with shit like the vex gun. Until then it the only way to stand a fighting chance against people who think they are wrecking because of skills, but in reality it's due to the gun, is by letting people buy certain guns then let it be.

I do have just about every desired exotic, I don't think that makes me a better player, because I'm pretty good even with white and green guns.

What all of these exotics, readily available for millions of people, can do is affect the PVP meta game. Iron Banner should really be renamed to the Suros Banner. An overly effective gun (maybe OP) in everyone's hand can make the PVP meta less fun to play. Everyone is rocking the same cookie cutter load out and the Suros can kill you fast and from distance. Now we can add the Ice Breaker into the mix and soon *fingers crossed* the Mythoclast.

This is why, in my opinion, Xur should not exist.

Maybe every once in awhile, you'll run into a guy with a Suros or Mythoclast, but hey, you do your best and move on. Now you should expect to see it every match, in multiple peoples hands.

Fuck this.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Cheer up, ol chap! Your day will come.
I have just about every drop I could want. I don't know what this gif is supposed to imply.

Nodnol

So that was frustrating. I think me and my four friends just experienced a pretty awful Raid glitch.

We are fighting the Templar, we drop his shields, and the detain doesn't kick in. Then he keeps teleporting around, whilst constantly detaining us. Wipe after wipe. Sometimes his shield would drop, we'd fire at him and do nothing, and then a random detain would be cast. Infuriating.

How common is this one?

Quoting for new page.

How quickly should we be dropping his health?

Um, you have to play the game to get coins...

Me and a friend of mine at 27/Titan, maybe 28 by next weekend, are both raid noobs and looking for three other Raid noobs to run it with. We will, maybe, have one Raid vet to guide us, but I wanted to get some inexperienced players together to have some fun and give it the old "college try." We are looking to play next Friday, 10/17 at 10am EST/PS4. PM me or friend request me if you want in. We will be a no-stress group-- so no worries it you die a lot, or are just "decent."

Um, you have to play the game to get coins...

Logic does not work here.

dacalo

I do have just about every desired exotic, I don't think that makes me a better player, because I'm pretty good even with white and green guns.

What all of these exotics, readily available for millions of people, can do is affect the PVP meta game. Iron Banner should really be renamed to the Suros Banner. An overly effective gun (maybe OP) in everyone's hand can make the PVP meta less fun to play. Everyone is rocking the same cookie cutter load out and the Suros can kill you fast and from distance. Now we can add the Ice Breaker into the mix and soon *fingers crossed* the Mythoclast.

Maybe every once in awhile, you'll run into a guy with a Suros or Mythoclast, but hey, you do your best and move on. Now you should expect to see it every match, in multiple peoples hands.

Fuck this.

I don't have a really strong feeling about PVP (I am not the best but I am decen) but here is a thought:

One solution would be when players enter the crucible, they are given a choice of crucible armament they can select from to use in the matches, this way, everyone will have the same damage, attributes, etc.

They can keep Iron Banner for those who wish to use their toys to decimate their opponents.

Dante316

As a PVP player, going up against Suros Regime and Ice Breakers all day can affect my fun.

What. How does everyone with similar weapons wreck your fun. It puts everyone who has them at even Plainfield, the next logical step is how skillful are you with the weapons you get. Shouldn't that enhance your fun to out maneuver someone.

Plus getting to those strange coins is not easy. It requires ton of hours to be able to get 23 a week. Even if you have 3 characters level 29, that took tedious amount of work. Xur is saving this game so nonhardcore players have something to look forward to.

Deku Tree

I just talked to someone in the other thread who was still shooting at the original loot cave, he was complaining about no drops, and hadn't heard about the patch. I told him.

Fuck this.

I have just about every drop I could want. I don't know what this gif is supposed to imply.
You're arguing that only a select few should have the chance to wreck, one of them which is yourself. It gives little traction to your argument when you're saying it takes away from your fun when other guys are killing you just as fast as you were killing them. If you want to complain about something complain about the balancing in the weapons or the weapons themselves even being available to use in PvP.

X-Frame

I received The Devil You Know from leveling up the Vanguard to Level 3 on my alternate. 2 perks are that the radar stays active, and reloading has a chance to grant a larger than normal magazine.

Not bad! Not sure if it's better than the store version, but now my decision to get this or the Lord High Fixer just got easier.

zewone

What. How does everyone with similar weapons wreck your fun. It puts everyone who has them at even Plainfield, the next logical step is how skillful are you with the weapons you get. Shouldn't that enhance your fun to out maneuver someone.

Plus getting to those strange coins is not easy. It requires ton of hours to be able to get 23 a week. Even if you have 3 characters level 29, that took tedious amount of work. Xur is saving this game so nonhardcore players have something to look forward to.

My point is, it's boring and annoying to face the same load outs on every character. Maybe your opinion is different, but it's how I feel when I play PVP now.

Strange Coins are very easy to obtain. Do one strike a character, once a week and you're set.

zewone

Bullcrap. It takes hours to get seventeen strange coins and more.
It takes about 15-20 minutes to complete a weekly strike. Do that 3 times and you're at an hour a week and 27 coins.
You're arguing that only a select few should have the chance to wreck, one of them which is yourself. It gives little traction to your argument when you're saying it takes away from your fun when other guys are killing you just as fast as you were killing them. If you want to complain about something complain about the balancing in the weapons or the weapons themselves even being available to use in PvP.

Like I said, I don't really care what my load out is. But you're right, the main problem is the balancing of the guns. But instead of balancing them, they just make sure everyone has them. If everyone is OP, no one is, right?

A small amount of time.

It took me several weeks to earn enough. Creating and gearing up multiple characters to get the maximum amount of coins per week took many, many hours to pull off for me.

In fact, this is the first week i've had two characters who could do the nightfall, as well as the weekly 28. Still working on number three.

What they need is a better balanced PVP. Generic weapons, instead of upgraded and perk filled ones.

SharkJAW

Shotguns are a fucking plague on this game's PvP. Some maps heavily favor shotgunners in letting them close the distance with minimal line of sight for the shotgunee.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
2 weeks my brother fount the Titan helmet Xur had the following weekend, this week he fount an icebreaker, hope he finds a heavy weapon this week, still need one of them.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'm just totally broken at this point. The only gun I want and i keep hearing more people talk about it and sing it's praises and go on and on about it and i'm just done. My friends getting Hawkmoons like whoa and here I am without a single RNG gifted exotic to speak of. I've had to buy every single piece of nice guy i have.

Give me. My fucking. Last Word. You godamned game... time to get the wife in the crucible to "grind" for a gift.

Ardenyal

Pocket Infinity, no ifs no butts.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Seriously. A small amount of time? You've gotta be playing the game pretty deliberately and consistently to afford something from Xur every week.

It's gotta be luck, fount 10 in a few hours of doing strikes but couldn't find the last 3 I needed incase Xur had a good weapon this week in the following 4 days.

nowai

How common is this one?

Did he enrage? You have seven minutes to kill him before he does.

Dante316

I'm just totally broken at this point. The only gun I want and i keep hearing more people talk about it and sing it's praises and go on and on about it and i'm just done. My friends getting Hawkmoons like whoa and here I am without a single RNG gifted exotic to speak of. I've had to buy every single piece of nice guy i have.

Give me. My fucking. Last Word. You godamned game... time to get the wife in the crucible to "grind" for a gift.

We at same spot. The best thing to do is honestly "let it go" don't stress about getting the last word, it will drop when it wants to. Just do the dailys, bounties, few crucible and strikes and raid. It can be frustrating but our time will come.

Yaari

So for this week, is the Weekly level 28 more difficult than Nightfall? Since Nightfall pretty much boosts up all of your damage.

I was struggling with the Nightfall already, so I need to make that Weekly happen someway. Guess I'll solo my way to the end tomorrow and hope someone wants to cheese him with me.

bad juju's only redeeming factor is that it glows, which helps you see in the gorgon maze

so it's a flashlight

Doom 4 mod.

So for this week, is the Weekly level 28 more difficult than Nightfall? Since Nightfall pretty much boosts up all of your damage.

I was struggling with the Nightfall already, so I need to make that Weekly happen someway. Guess I'll solo my way to the end tomorrow and hope someone wants to cheese him with me.

My experiences this week with those were the most infuriating experiences yet. But YMMV. The weekly is slightly easier than Nightfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom