• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Holy shit just had the most amazing strike with my brother and a friend. We were doing the level 22 weekly and we died a shitton against the waves of enemies at the start and boss room. After 3 attempts we had his health down almost all the way while I and my friend were dead. My brother threw a grenade as a stealth vandal killed him. As it was about to boot us back, apparently the grenade hit the boss and killed him and revived us all.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I haven't really encountered any real "grind." I'm just playing the game, basically.

I meant you can basically bypass the reward cap Bungie put in for daily/weekly/Raid etc by making three characters and getting triple rewards. I see people doing tiger strikes for hours for strange coins, you can instead do weekly heroic thrice in under an hour with 3 characters and get 27 coins. Same goes for shards, energy, motes etc. Even your weapons level up faster because you share them among characters and get 3 times XP from bouties and other events.

Flo_Evans

So what do people think about the Black PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset for Destiny for $80 USD? I have a really nice audio set up, but sometimes I need to play with no volume now.

How does it sound?
Does it have a voice chat mic?
How long does the battery last? Can you use it while it is charging?

Thanks!

Sound good but not audiophile quality. Surround sound works and let's me hear when enemies are behind me. Has mic with the added benifit of not having your game audio bleed over into other people's headset. Battery life is pretty good lasts all night long. Charged with usb micro like the dual shock. Can also be used wired. I like it for when it's 2am and everyone is trying to sleep.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Bzn_VBfIQAArDwu.jpg:large

By far my best Crucible match yet. Had a bunch of captures too but it doesn't seem to track those.

LiK

Played with astropoff, great Skirmish tactics. Exactly how I always wanted to play this mode. Invite me anytime :)

Bungie said:
Ryokuji What does the future look like for audio options?

Brighter.

I’ve sat in on the discussions. We take your wish lists and we sort them based on what we can accomplish. I hear chatter about voice options. I even hear rumors about matchmade teammates being able to talk to each other. Some day.

Some day, we’ll have this conversation again. That day will come next week, even. Between now and then, have a nice weekend. Play some Destiny. We’re sure you’ll tell us all about it, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Hmm, voice chat options possibly coming next week? That would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I want to know who thought it was a good idea to put the motion tracker in the same corner of the screen as system notifications. Just missed out on the iron banner top score bounty by about 10 points because of it.

So, IB was nerfed eh? Disappointed but not surprised. If the Iron Banner rules covered all of the Crucible modes, I could understand. As it stands however, it's one mode. It ought to have been punishing and unfriendly-- hell, unplayable-- to low level characters, imo.

Destiny Designer not understanding how their game is being played said:
..go back to your vault and grab some of the guns you outgrew on Venus and feel the difference in your engagements.

Um, dat shit has been broken down 100x over by now.

Tovarisc

Lima

Anyone know what kind of magazine size you get with Jolder's Hammer after the mag upgrade? If it puts it at 35 or above it would be the best PvP heavy machine gun above the Swarm. Dat impact.

Another weekly, another disappointment for things covered.

On Iron Banner... So it's just normal Crucible Control with neat name?

Also is it just me or is Bungie making it sound like that players were stupid for thinking that power would actually matter and that level 25+ people would have it easier in IB?

Yeah... the quotes from the Designer came off super pedantic.

milkham

Sound good but not audiophile quality. Surround sound works and let's me hear when enemies are behind me. Has mic with the added benifit of not having your game audio bleed over into other people's headset. Battery life is pretty good lasts all night long. Charged with usb micro like the dual shock. Can also be used wired. I like it for when it's 2am and everyone is trying to sleep.

thats a good point about not having game audio bleed into the voice chat, i've heard a lot of crying babies also but constant game audio over the chat is annoying as hell

Onikaan

I need 4 strange coins for Icebreaker. I've been played all day today and haven't seen ONE.

I don't think I want the rifle now anyway. Everytime I look at it, I'll be reminded of how sick the randomness of this game makes me feel.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Wait.. does radiant light also decrease the price at xur by 25 percent? I thought I needed 23 but It only cost 17.

Not complaining... Obviously. Just confused.

Those player numbers are pretty crazy.

DeeJ: Destiny averages 3.2 million players each and every day!

Until something better comes out, amirite?

Disappointing. I'm honestly starting to think Bungie are in over their heads.

I truly think they will figure it out. But the gaming public may not give them the chance.

I need 4 strange coins for Icebreaker. I've been played all day today and haven't seen ONE.

Play with me. Strange Coins aplenty. I am drowning in them today.

Deej's writing style doesn't make it any better, either.

Q: When should we expect the patch to balance out weapons?

Deej: The short answer: potato salad

The long answer:
Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”

But the Raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing farther then he uttered—not a feather then he fluttered—
Till I scarcely more than muttered “Other friends have flown before—
On the morrow he will leave me, as my Hopes have flown before.”
Then the bird said “Nevermore.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom