• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys recommend a specific guide or anything like that for a raid virgin. I want to get in a group this weekend but I've never tried it and id like to have some clue what to do.

28 Titan

I'm doing my first Raid RIGHT NOW, and i only watched a video once of some guys doing it for thier first/second time. I's not that hard and in a way its more fun doing it like that.

Better go back to killing the Templay >.>

Dante316

So for this week, is the Weekly level 28 more difficult than Nightfall? Since Nightfall pretty much boosts up all of your damage.

I was struggling with the Nightfall already, so I need to make that Weekly happen someway. Guess I'll solo my way to the end tomorrow and hope someone wants to cheese him with me.

Yea he is...bullet sponge on the weekly.

You just got an Ice Breaker for your troubles.

Or save up for the Vex Mythoclast going on sale next Friday for 12 coins.

I'd buy Icebreaker if I didn't already have it, I got lucky last week.

It was a bummer, that's all. I did the heroic first time but Nightfall took me a while to get right. It felt lame getting the same reward but I know...

Fitts

Completed my trifecta of titan helmets with Insurmountable Skullfort. Thanks, Xur/Rahool!

I also got some hate mail from Rumble.

n9pYnzh.png

Deku Tree

So what do people think about the Black PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset for Destiny for $80 USD? I have a really nice audio set up, but sometimes I need to play with no volume now.

How does it sound?
Does it have a voice chat mic?
How long does the battery last? Can you use it while it is charging?

Thanks!

DjRalford

So what do people think about the Black PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset for Destiny for $80 USD? I have a really nice audio set up, but sometimes I need to play with no volume now.

How does it sound?

Thanks!

Headset is a must buy, it has independent volume for chat / game sound so you can make sure you can hear your fireteam and the game.

Sounds great with app
Yes is has a hidden mic
About 6-8 hours
Yes you can use it while charging

milkham

How does it sound?

Thanks!

sounds pretty good to me
yes it has a mic
i think the stated battery life is like 6-8 hours? you can use it while charging

SharkJAW

I'm just totally broken at this point. The only gun I want and i keep hearing more people talk about it and sing it's praises and go on and on about it and i'm just done. My friends getting Hawkmoons like whoa and here I am without a single RNG gifted exotic to speak of. I've had to buy every single piece of nice guy i have.

Give me. My fucking. Last Word. You godamned game... time to get the wife in the crucible to "grind" for a gift.
Last Word has fan fire and is thus king. Wrecking AR users everywhere.

How does it sound?

Thanks!
I really like it. Sounds great, has a mic built in, and the battery lasts long. Don't know if you can use it while charging because I always just plug it in when I'm done for the night.

breakfuss

I do have just about every desired exotic, I don't think that makes me a better player, because I'm pretty good even with white and green guns.

What all of these exotics, readily available for millions of people, can do is affect the PVP meta game. Iron Banner should really be renamed to the Suros Banner. An overly effective gun (maybe OP) in everyone's hand can make the PVP meta less fun to play. Everyone is rocking the same cookie cutter load out and the Suros can kill you fast and from distance. Now we can add the Ice Breaker into the mix and soon *fingers crossed* the Mythoclast.

This is why, in my opinion, Xur should not exist.

Maybe every once in awhile, you'll run into a guy with a Suros or Mythoclast, but hey, you do your best and move on. Now you should expect to see it every match, in multiple peoples hands.

Fuck this.

I have just about every drop I could want. I don't know what this gif is supposed to imply.

So if you have everything you need, why begrudge others for their good fortune? You sound bitter.

Do we know if iron banner will be coming back after it leaves later? I'm trying so hard to get to rank 3 in my free time but I don't think I'll make it, and I kinda just wanna run some strikes instead. But if it came back and kept my rank progress I'd just focus on it then.

And is xur already in the tower? 0-0...

JNA

Banned
God the Ice Breaker is exactly what I expected. It's freaking amazing!

I even use it in PVP too. The headshots are real! :D

hydruxo

I was hoping I'd come back to this thread and people wouldn't still be complaining about Xur selling the Ice Breaker, but nope!

dacalo

How does it sound?

Thanks!

Get it. I was a bit skeptical at first as well but it is very comfortable and sounds great. I have a nice audio set up as well, but I prefer using the headset.

SnakeEyes

Banned
RNGesus be praised! I just got Hard Light from a purple engram that I got from the Tiger Strike playlist, and got Astrolord boots from a blue engram I got as well :D

I got matched up with a man whose clan tag is "Raiding Rainbow."

Amazing.
Secretly it's LeVar Burton :D

zewone

So if you have everything you need, why begrudge others for their good fortune? You sound bitter.
It's like you didn't even read the quoted text. My issue is with the PvP meta game. If everyone is using the best gun in the game, does that force you to use it to? Or handicap yourself and use something else? Everyone with the same builds = boring.

Um, I don't have three characters at level 22 or higher...

The game, or the grind gets so much easier when you have 3 high level characters, and the guaranteed rewards are tripled for each day/week. I wish I had realized this earlier.

Also little bit salty that Xur is selling Ice Breaker just two days after I got it from a nightfall, but I guess it saved me 17 precious coins for something else.

Like I said, I don't really care what my load out is. But you're right, the main problem is the balancing of the guns. But instead of balancing them, they just make sure everyone has them. If everyone is OP, no one is, right?

This could be solved very easily if Bungie put in the effort for custom games or more playlists. One such as "no exotic weapons" or "no supers"

then of course lowering the effectiveness of AR's and the range of some shotguns.

Tovarisc

Crucible / Iron Banner is such a joke :D Iron Banner just amplifies everything.

• Broken lobbies

Lag, e.g. dead players running around and shooting for even 5 seconds "post-death" [they deal damage and can kill you]

Fucked up hit detection, e.g. I kill players, who I have never seen, around corners, hits not registering at all etc.​

• Supers

"Button Smash Win"

Zero skill involved

OHK and to top that off few Supers [Bladedancer, Fist of Havoc...] provide so huge damage reduction it's basically invincibility​

• Map design

In Control some maps [e.g. Blind Watch, Firebase Delphi] favor extremely another team because they spawn on top of 2 flags out of 3

Some maps [e.g. Bastion, First Light] have extremely poor flow and sense to them in all game modes

They do look pretty​

• Weapon Balance

jk :)

Bungie is going to address AR, Shotgun, Pulse Rifles & Scout Rifles

They need to also address Fusion Rifles & Sniper Rifles. Certain FR's and SR's break PvP just like e.g. most OP AR's do by being extremely easy to use while kill anything in 1-2 hits

Re-balancing PvP shouldn't gimp e.g. AR's in PvE​

• Very low Time To Kill

Even BF 4 has higher TTK and it has it set to very low...​

In the end it can be decent casual fun, but it has very low skill ceiling for "competitive / skill based" PvP and map design makes it gamble from match to match. Get wrong team and 4 out of 5 times you have lost match when it has just started.

Edit: If you said to me that this was Bungies first FPS PvP game I maybe would even believe you...

EL CUCO

So I already got bad juju, just unlocked Invective, and now I got the option for the Thorn bounty....

It isnt the exotic Hand cannon that I wanted, but hey its free I guess.

The game, or the grind gets so much easier when you have 3 high level characters, and the guaranteed rewards are tripled for each day/week. I wish I had realized this earlier.

Also little bit salty that Xur is selling Ice Breaker just two days after I got it from a nightfall, but I guess it saved me 17 precious coins for something else.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I haven't really encountered any real "grind." I'm just playing the game, basically.

milkham

anyone have multiple characters and bought multiple ice breakers? trying to decide if i'm lazy enough to get more than one rather than leaving it in the vault to grab at need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom