• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for normal raid party tomorrow at 2:00 pm cst. I've finished once, and have a friend that wants to do. If you're interested, and at least 27, message me on Neogaf.

Ps4

DeeJ really needs to stop with the overindulgent writing. This, or replace him with someone who doesn't favour style over substance.

Hey, good games with you! Anyway, get another English major to run Community.

Yes much like how the Queen's Wrath missions were the same as regular story missions

They really could make more interesting Bounties. Another gaffer even suggested how.

Q: When should we expect the patch to balance out weapons?

Deej: The short answer: potato salad

The long answer:
Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”

But the Raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing farther then he uttered—not a feather then he fluttered—
Till I scarcely more than muttered “Other friends have flown before—
On the morrow he will leave me, as my Hopes have flown before.”
Then the bird said “Nevermore.”

So, the next Nightfall strike will be on Pluto, which is not an official planet anymore (but still a planet in my heart). And it will be raven themed. Hopefully I get Hawkmoon from it!

The long answer:

:lol

This scares the shit out of me.

Dmoney12321 Is Destiny going to keep evolving?

Yes.

I’m pretty excited about the next game update. I think you will be, too. We’re working up an explanation of what we’ll be changing. You’ll know what I know real soon. Some of you will laugh. Some of you will cry. Some of you will howl at the moon. Some of you will rejoice. We'll always look to strike a balance.

JNA

Banned

The long answer:

So that explains everything that has happened to Bungie: they all turned into Ravens and have had a huge craving for Potato Salad.

So, the next Nightfall strike will be on Pluto, which is not an official planet anymore (but still a planet in my heart). And it will be raven themed. Hopefully I get Hawkmoon from it!

You need to learn to read Deej. The next raid is not on the moon. You start on the moon but it takes you to a portal that leads you to a brand new planet: Uranus.

The goal of the strike is to stop the Fallen from probing Uranus by going deep into its caves, go through dark tunnels filled with obstacles and a stench to overwhelm even the strongest of guardians.

In short it's also the longest Raid. Which makes sense since Uranus is massive.

Seriously. That weekly update makes me want to blow my brains out with how up its own ass it is. I prefer short, sweet, and to the point. Preferably with bullet points.

i really wish these updates would just get straight to the point. All I got from that was "Iron Banner's working as intended, but we'll look at it and a bunch of other stuff and let you know later".

They really didn't know what they even wanted to do with Iron Banner, right? They avertised it as some hardcore trial where only the most dedicated players have a chance but then... "we-wanted-something-fun-for-everyone". Jesus.

The Queen's Wrath event was pathetic and so is Iron Banner.

I went through the trouble of finding a group for the raid for my titan so I and my nephew might finish it and I am in this group for 30 minutes before we even go in and the leader kicks us and says he has level 29s ready and they'll be done in an hour. Yeah, I LOVE wasting 30 minutes sitting in orbit doing absolutely nothing. I don't even mind that much, I can find a group for myself super easily. I mostly wanted to get a group going so my nephew could finally finish the freaking raid.

Guess what I am saying is... who wants to do the normal raid on PS4?

Navy Bean

Another weekly, another disappointment for things covered.

On Iron Banner... So it's just normal Crucible Control with neat name?

Also is it just me or is Bungie making it sound like that players were stupid for thinking that power would actually matter and that level 25+ people would have it easier in IB?
I dislike Destiny's PvP and have no interest in IB but this is just stupid thinking on Bungie's part. Why not compensate in other ways - say if you kill a higher level player it counts more, etc. And give IB points at the end of the match for positive stuff you did only like kills, assists, and capturing a point. Add a bonus for team wins but keep everyone playing and earning points even in lopsided matches. Seems really poorly thought out.

rdrr gnr

Are all Bungie Weekly Updates written like this? It's fucking cringe-worthy. Is DeeJ also their lead writer?
We didn’t want players to have to complete the Vault of Glass in order to compete
Lol.
The Crucible is intended to be a fun, competitive experience for players of all skill levels. The Iron Banner playlist skews toward the “hardcore” end of the spectrum.
Lol.

I dislike Destiny's PvP and have no interest in IB but this is just stupid thinking on Bungie's part. Why not compensate in other ways - say if you kill a higher level player it counts more, etc. And give IB points at the end of the match for positive stuff you did only like kills, assists, and capturing a point. Add a bonus for team wins but keep everyone playing and earning points even in lopsided matches. Seems really poorly thought out.

They could do SOOOOOOOOO much more with the "payouts" at the end. It is half-assed. Or quarter-assed.

JNA

Banned
Which is Crucible. I seriously think this game will be dead by February.

Probably yeah. I'm only stuck around until I platinum this game/get lv 30.

Speaking of which, I already did both raids this week but does anyone wanna try and pull off the normal raid without anyone dying trophy? 0_0

Abylim

So the Icebreaker is a game changer.
Before I got my Suros, I was using Grim Citizen III. I was thinking about grabbing shadow Price, but they seem very similar.

I really love the Icebreaker though, game changer!

So Iron Banner isnt that different from crucible huh? I really don't understand this. It sort of represents everything that is wrong with this game. Trying to please everyone. If low level players feel under powered then maybe they shouldn't be in the iron banner.

Which is Crucible. I seriously think this game will be dead by February.

If you can wait until Friday, I am trying to get a no-stress group going. But I understrand if you want to run it now.

IT IS FRIDAY! lol. I am down to run it next Friday also. Just want to get it done before the reset as well.

arimanius

Bungie are going to have players saying "Nevermore" soon if they don't unfuck this game.

I'd be happy with them just telling us the future of the game and quit doing this condescending bs.

We will be implementing x.
We know you want y but we feel it would blah blah blah.
Z will be getting adjusted
Class OP will be getting tuned better while class UP will be getting tweaked up.
Rng will be adjusted to be blah.
Bounties will be more diverse.
Etc etc.

JNA

Banned
Which is sad, really. The base game (gunplay) is so great, but everything else sucks balls.

Indeed. But what can we do? :( wait till Destiny 2 comes and hopefully it gets the Assassin's Creed 2 treatment I guess.

Btw I am serious about trying to do a raid without anyone dying trophy. Any of you brave ladies and gentlemen want to try this? 0_0

So Iron Banner isnt that different from crucible huh? I really don't understand this. It sort of represents everything that is wrong with this game. Trying to please everyone. If low level players feel under powered then maybe they shouldn't be in the iron banner.

Isn't that the reason most of the story got cut, according to that Reddit rumor? They were allegedly afraid of losing the CoD audience by making something too story-driven or something?

Vire

Heyo, need 3 more for Vault of Glass Normal from the start.

Preferably people who have done it before. :)

PSN: audioandy

Meanwhile, the Vex Mythoclast isn't getting nerfed. Thanks Bungie!

Navy Bean

Indeed. But what can we do? :( wait till Destiny 2 comes and hopefully it gets the Assassin's Creed 2 treatment I guess.

Btw I am serious about trying to do a raid without anyone dying trophy. Any of you brave ladies and gentlemen want to try this? 0_0
Does the whole group have to not die? Cause if so, then lol, no chance I would try that. But individually it is certainly possible.

rdrr gnr

It's seriously like they've never made a game before.

Here's next weeks update:

"We don't know what the fuck we're doing." -- Bungie

Weirdly, I am in it for the long haul. I love the damn game, warts and all. So I will probably be the one keeping the thread alive in 6 months, going, "Um,. guys... where is everyone."

We will be Raid noobs. I expect to die. A lot.

Not complete noobs. I have finished it a few times and my nephew got to the gorgon. But he is obsessing over finishing it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom