• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

They really didn't know what they even wanted to do with Iron Banner, right? They avertised it as some hardcore trial where only the most dedicated players have a chance but then... "we-wanted-something-fun-for-everyone". Jesus.

But think feelings of that Johnny the Huntard who is level 12 and gets his face rekt in by level 30 in "end-game" PvP mode Iron Crucible? It wouldn't be fun for Johnny and he wouldn't feel powerful and legendary.

How that would be fair to Johnny? We need normalise everything in this game so everyone can have "fun", don't you see?

But think feelings of that Johnny the Huntard who is level 12 and gets his face rekt in by level 30 in "end-game" PvP mode Iron Crucible? It wouldn't be fun for Johnny and he wouldn't feel powerful and legendary.

How that would be fair to Johnny? We need normalise everything in this game so everyone can have "fun", don't you see?

Johnny should fuckhimself and go back to Crucible, or take his beating like a man, or woman, if the name is nonidentifying.

Well, Bloodborne comes out February 6...

Holy shit. Good one.

Navy Bean

I hope the Future War Cult appreciates that I'm still wearing their ugly band even though I have no crucible marks and I just got a really sweet legendary raid band. Almost to level 3 so hopefully they toss some good stuff my way....

JNA

Banned
Does the whole group have to not die? Cause if so, then lol, no chance I would try that. But individually it is certainly possible.

Yeah the whole group has to stay alive...

I mean...I can stay alive pretty easily on normal so that makes one person! XD

Juraash

I know the Icebreaker gets raved about here. But I just can't bring myself to buy it yet. The ammo regen seems like the only benefit and I just don't see/know how many applications can put it to use practically.

I have 40 coins so I could take the plunge and still have plenty. I'm just having trouble figuring out why everyone loves it so much.

I know the Icebreaker gets raved about here. But I just can't bring myself to buy it yet. The ammo regen seems like the only benefit and I just don't see/know how many applications can put it to use practically.

I have 40 coins so I could take the plunge and still have plenty. I'm just having trouble figuring out why everyone loves it so much.

Th edamage is INSANE.

I hope the Future War Cult appreciates that I'm still wearing their ugly band even though I have no crucible marks and I just got a really sweet legendary raid band. Almost to level 3 so hopefully they toss some good stuff my way....

Those jerks gave me an ass shard and an ass energy when I hit rank 3

It helps me out a lot with women.

Navy Bean

Yeah the whole group has to stay alive...

I mean...I can stay alive pretty easily on normal so that makes one person! XD
Sure, but the pressure is 10 times worse knowing YOU could be the one to screw it up for everybody. Heck, I've never had a group go through the jumping sections without a few casualties.

Infinite ammo and high damage, whats not to like?

Im rather disappointed reading the bungie weekly update with info on iron banner, turns out removed restrictions are limited and still balanced for low levels to play and compete in.

um, isn't that the point of normal crucible, bungie? so iron banner is no different then just a second control point playlist right now.

The ammo regeneration is great for cheesing bosses and Oracles during the raid. Also, it's good for Solar Burn strikes and the base damage is very decent.

Im rather disappointed reading the bungie weekly update with info on iron banner, turns out removed restrictions are limited and still balanced for low levels to play and compete in.

um, isn't that the point of normal crucible, bungie? so iron banner is no different then just a second control point playlist right now.

makes no sense. especially when they were advertising as for the 'hardcore' or 'high level' players only.

almost unanimous disappointment in this week's update from what i'm seeing across several boards.

Come on, Bungie. You did before and you need to come through again.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Holy fucking fuck

The ice breaker is a cheese machine. No wonder people love this gun... Wish I had this fucker early this week, would never made nightfall a breeze.

Tovarisc

When you think about it Bungie really has mastered skill of misleading their community with pure fictional promotional stuff [e.g. POWER MATTERS IN IRON BANNER! -"ads"]. Then little bit later coming out with "Yeah, we didn't expect this. We will collect data and tune systems in future" -Weekly.

Ramirez

I was moping the floor up today with Red Death, I really think it's the best weapon in PVP. It's a 2 shot kill when landing all head shots, and a 3 shot most of the other time, plus it heals you upon kill, so good.

I've went up against the Mythoclast twice, and both times my team has won, and the player wielding it has had a K/D of like 1.5. To be honest it doesn't seem to kill much faster than any other AR in the game, but I fully expect a hard mode end game gun to be slightly above the rest, it is a loot game after all. Quit taking it head on and you'll find it is possible to beat it. Red Death is similar, I can't just rush into a fight with an AR guy, I have to distance myself, and use cover to get an advantage.

Maybe my opinion would change against someone who was really good, I don't know, but I feel like the vast majority of people who have it, really aren't going to be able to punish you with it, if you know what you're doing.

I gave up on IB though, so disappointing. People who have put the time in to level up guns should immediately feel that difference against low level players, not be killed just as fast as normal crucible with a Shingen, lol. They either have to go all in with balancing the game to make it as competitive as possible, or embrace what makes it different from every other FPS MP out there. Half assing both just leaves you feeling frustrated with the game at times.

almost unanimous disappointment in this week's update from what i'm seeing across several boards.

Come on, Bungie. You did before and you need to come through again.

Disappointment in regards to the information on Iron Banner?

In the long run of Bungie Weekly Updates, this one wasn't all that different from what their other weekly updates have been for the past ten years or so.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch

I'm just annoyed at how out of whack it is with the weekly marks limit. I could keep leveling up crucible and Iron Banner reputation, but it isn't giving new marks now to buy anything, and the level 3 armor and machine gun you get from Iron Banner isn't any better than stuff I have now (worse, in fact, compared to any one exotic that you could have equipped at a time).

JNA

Banned
Sure, but the pressure is 10 times worse knowing YOU could be the one to screw it up for everybody. Heck, I've never had a group go through the jumping sections without a few casualties.

I think the Gorgons would be the hardest part to get through.

But yeah I have no idea what Bungie were smoking with that trophy.

That and Triple Kill trophy. It's actually much worse than what the description sounds. You have to literally get a triple kill. Three kills almost at once against three different classes. It's total BS.

I'll be on around 10am EST tomorrow until 2pm EST/28 Titan Striker PVP, Defender PVE. Running Public Events, Daily Heroic, Vanguard Strikes/Bounties, and Crucible/IB. Add me or join if you want. And I really don't care about skill level; I'll help with anything. I am a bit burned out by the Strike this week, but if we have a good group, I'll run it again. :shudder.

EDIT: Oh, I have a mic and use it.

zewone

Level 30. But we already did it. It took us seven hours, but we did it. It's done.

GNzawpg.jpg

th3dude

Are there any good slow shooting, high stability, high impact ARs other than SUROS regime and Galahad E? Any of the purchasable legendaries perhaps?

That's it? Wow, so two weeks of grinding levels = two five minute public events... Well, I guess you have sufficiently lowered my expectations...lol

It's totally random, though. I got a legendary scout rifle for Vanguard rank 3, and a legendary helmet for Dead Orbit rank 3. FWC are cheapskates.

Navy Bean

Any and all hate is deserved. Iron Banner is garbage just like the Queen was garbage.

Protip: next "event" will be garbage.
It's weird, on the one hand they explain absolutely nothing in the game about how the various obtuse economies and upgrade systems work. On the other hand, they intentionally dumb down IB and refuse to have mm because this stuff is too "hard" for the casual player. Some of their decisions are mind-numbingly stupid. But they nailed the gameplay so we all trudge on.

Worse than what the description sounds. You have to literally get a triple kill. Three kills almost at once against three different classes. It's total BS.

I thought this trophy would be very hard to get but according to PSN, 25% of all players have unlocked it and I got mine 48 hours after the game launched (I don't even consider myself a good PvP player)

jett

D-Member
I think the Gorgons would be the hardest part to get through.

But yeah I have no idea what Bungie were smoking with that trophy.

That and Triple Kill trophy. It's actually much worse than what the description sounds. You have to literally get a triple kill. Three kills almost at once against three different classes. It's total BS.

You're mistaken, you just need to kill a warlock, a hunter and a titan without dying. I have that trophy, and I definitely didn't have to get a triple kill.

No queens wrath or IB for me. Totally pointless.

I sure hope they have something planned besides Iron Bummer and Queen's Crap.

It's weird, on the one hand they explain absolutely nothing in the game about how the various obtuse economies and upgrade systems work. On the other hand, they intentionally dumb down IB and refuse to have mm because this stuff is too "hard" for the casual player. Some of their decisions are mind-numbingly stupid. But they nailed the gameplay so we all trudge on.

Not sure for how much longer I will trudge on, I definitely don't play as much or as often as I used to. They need to add more PVP modes FFS, immediately, and release the balance patch so that more than two weapons types are viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom