• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
ladies and gentlemen, RNG

wATbsvb.jpg

when Bungie implements trading i'll pass it to somebody.

hydruxo

My word of advice, guys, is to not upgrade any weapons until Bungie releases the info on the changes.

Upgrade whatever you want. You guys act like like nerfs are going to make weapons useless. There's a reason weapons have perks on them.

ARs are getting their range nerfed but the Suros has a range upgrade, which essentially will cancel out any nerf. Some ARs might not have the range they used to have but they aren't going to be BB guns after the nerf. They'll be just fine.

Frenden

Banned
Safe money is on waiting for nerfs. Even if the nerfs aren't bad, you can choose to upgrade after or not. If you invest your shards now, you could be boned.

hydruxo

Safe money is on waiting for nerfs. Even if the nerfs aren't bad, you can choose to upgrade after or not. If you invest your shards now, you could be boned.

I think this is so dumb. Sorry. It's just a game, enjoy what you can while you can.

Waste of energy? So be it. You can get more eventually.

Sofa King

So I see people trying to get into atheon stage raids. If you jumped in one of these games on hard and cheesed the boss without completing the other sections would you still get boss loot?

Abylim

I think this is so dumb. Sorry. It's just a game, enjoy what you can while you can.

Waste of energy? So be it. You can get more eventually.

Thats one way to look at it. Others like to plan ahead, and not "waste" time upgrading something only to have it become weaker later.

Raid Hard... I got shards, shards, shards, a Helmet and...

XV0_FR.jpg

enjoy the speeder.

gave me a bunch of ass, cloak again, mythoclast again, and finally the raid boots. i can unplug my rabbit feet from the USB drive now.

good job to our group, fig especially for rocking it with the relic.

icebreaker really makes a big difference.

kuppy

Well, that was a unique way to kill Atheon.
We had him down to like 3% and got another teleport, but only two people got teleported (although everyone was alive and on their positions). So outside team went in panic mode and just shot everything they had at the boss. Slowly everyone died, the countdown was ticking, nobody could resurrect, but something was somehow dealing damage over time, so with one or two seconds left Atheon went down and the the rewards popped up. The cheer was pretty magicial.
Become Legend.

Edit: Oh, loot this time was only Shards, Energy and Chatterwhite, which I already had.

lunlunqq

All I got from drops after 150 hours of play were borderline legendary weapons (they are leg; but not so special and nobody talks about them) and I typically got multiple versions of them with the same elements. The only good drop was Patience and Time from a raid. That's it. And now with Ice Breaker, I'm not sure if I will use it that much any more... I will never get the cool guns and Xur is my only hope... :'(

ethomaz

Banned
enjoy the speeder.

gave me a bunch of ass, cloak again, mythoclast again, and finally the raid boots. i can unplug my rabbit feet from the USB drive now.

good job to our group, fig especially for rocking it with the relic.

icebreaker really makes a big difference.
The best part was reaching the checkpoint after die :D
I didn't know how to use the Relic... I was just Jump + R2

I wanted that mythoclast... maybe next week... I need the boots too to lvl 30 now.

Vov

I've read through it and thought to same. It's hypocrisy.
"We want you to gather 6 powerful friends to do the VoG. But we won't enable matchmaking cause it's for the hardcore!"

"Iron Banner is for the hardcore player. But we're going to standardize all the gear levels anyway and tell you that skill is the REAL power, whilst shooing away those videos where level 4 guardians do the same damage as a level 29 guardian."

Good god.

And this part-

Yeah uhm...they get REDUCED crucible marks, reduced XP, and gear has a much, much smaller chance at appearing in the loot table.

Nope. It really isn't that much different. Just another grind for gear that is easily replaceable for gear that you can already get from a faction you leveled.
Wtf Bungie? I was looking forward to IB since launch. I'm only level 27, but I wanted it to be difficult to kill level 30s.

Two level 29's looking for 4 people to do the Normal Raid. Looking for 28-30 and has experience doing the raid.

Also got a checkpoint at the Templar on Hard if we can get a group for that instead. Level 29-30 for that.

PSN: EroticSushi

Wtf Bungie? I was looking forward to IB since launch. I'm only level 27, but I wanted it to be difficult to kill level 30s.

Yeah...
The way we pitched Iron Banner did make it sound like a “no-holds-barred” playlist. In reality, we delivered what we felt would be a competitive experience for everyone, not just players at the level cap. The reaction from players seems to be: “No, we want it to be bad for lower-level players. That’s the point!”

They say that a low level player will have a harder time killing a high level player but..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjQ2Et9ozA

Edit-This is the video. The first video shows that guns in the same class don't do different damage based on their attack stat listed(Perks notwithstanding.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCJjNjZl28
Where a level 4 wins against a higher level.

In this video someone tests that with the first gun. Bungie is straight up lying.

A decked-out endgame Guardian can’t defeat a low-level guardian with one shot from an Auto-Rifle. In fact, “time-to-kill” is the same when you’re using higher-level gear against lower-level gear. The opposite is not true, so an enemy with average weapons is going to have a harder time taking you out.

blackflag

Looking for a hard mode group in about 2 hours. I'll go fresh from the start, checkpoints, legit way, or cheese. Whatever works.

Psn casmith7509

29 hunter maxed suros

J-Rzez

Word on the street is that next weekend Xur is having a special. Buy one The Last Word, get a Vex Mythoclast for free.

On a serious note, anyone get other than boots and the ppistol to drop in IB yet, as in their specific gear?

lunlunqq

A decked-out endgame Guardian can’t defeat a low-level guardian with one shot from an Auto-Rifle. In fact, “time-to-kill” is the same when you’re using higher-level gear against lower-level gear. The opposite is not true, so an enemy with average weapons is going to have a harder time taking you out.

...but this does not make any sense... first they said low and high are the same; then they said it's not the same? anyone help to interpret this for me?

Really holding out for a week with exotic weapon engrams. Already have 2 of the 3 exotic helmets for my class, so doesn't seem like a great idea for me. That's another option if you really need shards though, yeah.

I'd totally buy a random yellow weapon engram with motes-- I hope they do that (do we know if they're in the game?). The armor seems like too much of a crapshoot. I could handle a weapon I didn't want for the novelty since I could at least still use it.

ocean

Banned
I am one upgrade shy of level 29. My Exotic and Raid boots are maxed out though.

Would the jump to 29 be worth dumping 6 shards into my Crucible purple chest? Or should I hold out for the Raid chest and stay at 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom