• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the Ice Breaker experts out there...

For the first set of upgrades on the weapon, do they make any difference? I'm not seeing even the slightest change to the stats so I'm just curious if maybe one is noticeably better than the others despite no change in actual stats.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
We at same spot. The best thing to do is honestly "let it go" don't stress about getting the last word, it will drop when it wants to. Just do the dailys, bounties, few crucible and strikes and raid. It can be frustrating but our time will come.

*bro hugs - Bro tears - bro composure*

someday...... someday....

Tonyus

I got Destiny problems. Been wanting the Ice Breaker sniper for a while now. I'm out of town not due back until Xur is long gone. Remote play doesn't work with my home Internet. What's a guy to do?

My mother in-law is staying at my home while we are away. So I talked her through getting the game fired up, getting to the spot in the tower, and buying the Ice Breaker for me via a Face Time call.

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I regret nothing.

I am one upgrade shy of level 29. My Exotic and Raid boots are maxed out though.

Would the jump to 29 be worth dumping 6 shards into my Crucible purple chest? Or should I hold out for the Raid chest and stay at 28?

I'd stay at 28. You're already the level of the raid mobs. Just hang in there and hope for the drop. Start stockpiling the shards for when you get it.

HighOnPCP

Game is telling you to roll the two superior classes

large.gif

I got Destiny problems. Been wanting the Ice Breaker sniper for a while now. I'm out of town not due back until Xur is long gone. Remote play doesn't work with my home Internet. What's a guy to do?

My mother in-law is staying at my home while we are away. So I talked her through getting the game fired up, getting to the spot in the tower, and buying the Ice Breaker for me via a Face Time call.

I did this to get the Beta emblem. We were in Vegas for my gf's birthday. I had her nephew, who was dog sitting, log in and take my character to the moon.

I may have had the emblem, but i didn't see the moon til September :)

I'd stay at 28. You're already the level of the raid mobs. Just hang in there and hope for the drop. Start stockpiling the shards for when you get it.

At the same time the upside of being 29 with other stuf is that you don't have to worry about switching armor until you can get the other armor combination to 29, and even then you'd go only one level higher eventually.

darthbob

Got Timur's Lash Legendary Iron Banner Hand cannon as a random drop after we won a match, I'm rank 2 so I guess they can drop at that point?

You have an amazing wife!

ocean

Banned
At the same time the upside of being 29 with other stuf is that you don't have to worry about switching armor until you can get the other armor combination to 29, and even then you'd go only one level higher eventually.
I'll cave. My self control just isn't that strong haha, I'll be 29 tomorrow (need Iron).

I want to then maybe try and get at least the first Raid chest on hard :) I might get back the shards I spent.

hydruxo

It's really annoying that the "mail sack" exists when they don't even answer any pertinent questions. What about some clarification as to why Eva in the tower has sold the same shaders since launch? Admitting the raid is full of glitches that need to be fixed? So many things that they are ignoring.

It's really annoying that the "mail sack" exists when they don't even answer any pertinent questions. What about some clarification as to why Eva in the tower has sold the same shaders since launch? Admitting the raid is full of glitches that need to be fixed? So many things that they are ignoring.

I figure they have another 10 years to answer those questions.

That'd be insane. If that's the case, I'd start to save my motes until that day comes...

It'd be insane...but dammit, I'm not rolling the RNG to get a chance at a helmet I already have or something not for me. Or give me something that isn't cosmetic things to spend my Mote of Lights on..

rdrr gnr

How do you cheese the weekly boss?
There really isn't a "cheese" just stay up by the rocks where you first have to drop down to aggro the enemies by the prison pod. Just watch out for ships that will blast you as they enter/exit. Jump back up towards the rocks/path you used to enter the boss area when low on health and just drop back down and peak out to your right to shoot enemies.

I wonder, will Xur ever have weapon engrams? I'm waiting for that.

Ditto. I thought about waiting for a chest engram, but i've gotten two already for two of my classes, and don't see the point of spending my motes for a 66% chance of getting one I don't need anymore.

But a primary weapon? IT's damn tempting, as I'm sure I could use it on someone.

lunlunqq

I'll cave. My self control just isn't that strong haha, I'll be 29 tomorrow (need Iron).

I want to then maybe try and get at least the first Raid chest on hard :) I might get back the shards I spent.

I used 12 shards on my leg helmet to push myself to 29. I only have one piece of raid gear now. I regret nothing. Ass shards are pretty easy to get nowadays.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

I'm super impressed your mother in law was able to even do it. Wow.

Abylim

There really isn't a "cheese" just stay up by the rocks where you first have to drop down to aggro the enemies by the prison pod. Just watch out for ships that will blast you as they enter/exit. Jump back up towards the rocks/path you used to enter the boss area when low on health and just drop back down and peak out to your right to shoot enemies.

Yes, you can cheese the boss.

Get under the platform to the left of the prison pod, and go all the way towards the back.

The boss usually stays outside and in front, just shoot him til he dies.

Sometimes he goes above you, on the platform. Thats when shit gets tricky >_<

Did the nightfall and the 28 this way

Tonyus

I'm super impressed your mother in law was able to even do it. Wow.

It took me maybe 10 mins to get her through it. The hardest part for her was moving around in the tower. She kept looking up and the sky or down at the ground. It was pretty funny.

jay23

Just finished raid for the week got corrective measure(again) and atheons epilogue. Gotta pray to rngesus for chest or gauntlets.

I need to find a good group tho, randoms I was playing with weren't really doing damage to atheon and the strategy they were using was pretty shitty.

If anyone needs 1 more for weekly normal raids on XB1 I'm your guy.

E92 M3

Why are warlocks the best?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
At first I was pretty pissed that Xur was selling a Sniper Rifle but Holy Fuck the Ice Breaker is amazing. First Exotic Weapon, is this one of the best or am I just easy to impress?

Alucrid

Banned
Yes, you can cheese the boss.

Get under the platform to the left of the prison pod, and go all the way towards the back.

The boss usually stays outside and in front, just shoot him til he dies.

Sometimes he goes above you, on the platform. Thats when shit gets tricky >_<

Did the nightfall and the 28 this way

you can just wait for him and he'll move back down eventually

At first I was pretty pissed that Xur was selling a Sniper Rifle but Holy Fuck the Ice Breaker is amazing. First Exotic Weapon, is this one of the best or am I just easy to impress?

one of the best

lunlunqq

Boy... You never heard about the Ice Brraker before. It is one of the most wanted weapon in the game for many many people.

GhaleonEB

Oh, how does one quantify post density? *is all curious*

Things like, number of unique posters in each thread; % of posts in the thread coming from the top ~20 posters, things like that. OT's tend to get distilled down to a relative handful over time. Once upon a time I did stuff like that for the Halo threads out of curiosity. But then I'll dump damn near anything in Excel for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom