• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for normal raid help (have run the later parts but not the beginning).

Level 28 hunter ... Will be on all night (PST) and have a mic as well as the hot ticket item, Icebreaker.

PSN - djblackice

Anyone else having server issues? I've been disconnected from four games in a row.

Edit: Nevermind, I reset my router and it seems to have cleared up.

Edit 2: That didn't work, just got another zebra.

Petrie

Banned
Can anyone assist with us finishing the last part of the raid on normal? We had 6 but 3 dropped out and would really like to finish this tonight.

PS4. PSN ID: petrieslastword

Jarate

Banned
why did I buy Red Death last week, I really want Ice Breaker

I did the nightfall and the weekly heroic on 28,l any other suggestions to try and get strange coins, I only need 3 of em

Korosenai

My raid haul from 5 raid completions (4 normal, 1 hard) spanning a total of 4 weeks:

Vision of Confluence
2x Praedyths Revenge
Raid Gloves
Timebreaker
Chatterwhite

Really wish I had some more armor or the Vex Mythoclast :(

Snipers in this game are just pathetic. Is there anything lamer than crouching in a corner on a huge map in a game with aim assist almost on par with GTA's snap aiming? Jesus, pull out a gun and try aiming, it's way more fun.

The worst part is you don't even have to hit the head.

A lot of them have fire rates on par with scout rifles. It's just flat out broken in that regard.

squidyj

hunh, i didnt realize you could get ass mats from doing regular quests on high heroic levels. kind of want to wait and level up my armor so i can come back on my hunter and do them all on 28

...well ill do the one that gets me to mars at least.... and then maybe free roam on mars.

why did I buy Red Death last week, I really want Ice Breaker

I did the nightfall and the weekly heroic on 28,l any other suggestions to try and get strange coins, I only need 3 of em

Doesn't one of the golden chests on mars give a coin?

You could also farm for blue engrams, which sometimes produce coins.

SharkJAW

The Last Word is crazy good in Rumble. You have fan fire for the shotgun abusers, but the impact is high enough that you can be more deliberate at farther ranges and kill in 3 headshots. It's clearly better on smaller maps, though. I must say, I am in love. If Hawkmoon is anything like this, I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

Zakalwe

Banned
The Last Word is crazy good in Rumble. You have fan fire for the shotgun abusers, but the impact is high enough that you can be more deliberate at farther ranges and kill in 3 headshots. It's clearly better on smaller maps, though. I must say, I am in love. If Hawkmoon is anything like this, I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

Hands down my favourite gun in the game. The full auto is ridiculously great in pvp.

I can't see myself ever wanting to use my Regime again after getting used to this.

Out of all my attempts at soloing weekly strikes/nightfalls, the biggest pain in the ass enemies are definitely wizards. They are such HUGE cunts, everything about them on higher difficulties seems to be fine tuned to be annoying as possible.

Wizard Fighting Process:

1.) Kill their stupidly quick to regenerate shield.

2.) Too bad their hanging in the back of the room, hiding behind shit, forcing you to use a sniper.

3.) Swear to God as soon as you ADS of said sniper is when they start peppering you with their laser accurate blasts.

4.) There is always 2-4 of them at a time so just as you start to chip away at one Wizard's health, boom, the other 3 fly straight into your face and turn you into jelly.

5.) Worst of all these assholes don't flinch. Even most bosses flinch with the right upgrades/weapons. Nothing affects these fuckers which means you never get a breather.

I've yet to complete the Thorn bounty because every time I do the Summoning Pits, I get to the last wave with the 4 shielded wizards and there is nothing I can do. It's my fault for trying to solo this only a level above the strike but it's absurd how aggressive they are.

I popped my Ward of Dawn and the way they where hammering my shield legit reminded me of that scene from the Avengers with the Hulk being blasted into the roof of that building by the Chituari. So yeah, fuck Wizards. Probably the only thing I hate nearly as much are the Cabal bosses and high level enemies like the Colossus or Phalanx majors.

Advice please.... Venator III or The Devil You Know for a hand cannon?

I do not ever, EVER use them, so I keep just one in my vault. I'm gonna break one of them down so I just need advice from hand cannon users which one is better.

Greenymac

Advice please.... Venator III or The Devil You Know for a hand cannon?

I do not ever, EVER use them, so I keep just one in my vault. I'm gonna break one of them down so I just need advice from hand cannon users which one is better.

Dunno about the other...but The Devil You Know is straight quality...

darthbob

Out of all my attempts at soloing weekly strikes/nightfalls, the biggest pain in the ass enemies are definitely wizards. They are such HUGE cunts, everything about them on higher difficulties seems to be fine tuned to be annoying as possible.

Wizard Fighting Process:

1.) Kill their stupidly quick to regenerate shield.

2.) Too bad their hanging in the back of the room, hiding behind shit, forcing you to use a sniper.

3.) Swear to God as soon as you ADS of said sniper is when they start peppering you with their laser accurate blasts.

4.) There is always 2-4 of them at a time so just as you start to chip away at one Wizard's health, boom, the other 3 fly straight into your face and turn you into jelly.

5.) Worst of all these assholes don't flinch. Even most bosses flinch with the right upgrades/weapons. Nothing affects these fuckers which means you never get a breather.

I've yet to complete the Thorn bounty because every time I do the Summoning Pits, I get to the last wave with the 4 shielded wizards and there is nothing I can do. It's my fault for trying to solo this only a level above the strike but it's absurd how aggressive they are.

I popped my Ward of Dawn and the way they where hammering my shield legit reminded me of that scene from the Avengers with the Hulk being blasted into the roof of that building by the Chituari. So yeah, fuck Wizards. Probably the only thing I hate nearly as much are the Cabal bosses and high level enemies like the Colossus or Phalanx majors.

Wizards are pretty vexatious.

Why do I get the feeling that the Moon Raid will feature a boss that's just a giant Wizard?

Dunno about the other...but The Devil You Know is straight quality...

Thanks guys, I'll be breaking down that Venator for ass energy in the morning then. Not enough room in my vault for all these legendaries and exotics anymore, lol.

Once you get a Vision of Confluence from the raid, wizards are babies. Vex Mythoclast is good too but I prefer the Vision because Mytho always seems to run out of ammo too quickly and leaving me scrounging the maps for ammo drops. Stupid ammo drop nerf. I refuse to use primary weapon synths Bungie, come the fuck on. lol.

jay23

YUP I rarely lose 1v1 fights in rumble, being able to hold down trigger up close is awesome.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Productive first day back in a week:

Bought Ice Breaker, did Nightfall, finished raid on normal, ran a quick tiger strike, and bought an exotic engram. Decrypted to the warlock bone helm thing. The fire gauntlets from 2-3 weeks ago are still better for me, but I'll keep this in my pocket.

Really???? Does the IB kills also count towards to the Bad Juju bounty? If so, I think I will have to start to do it.

yes, IB works with all exotic/crucible bounties

Anyone having issues finding crucible matches?

Anyone else having server issues? I've been disconnected from four games in a row.

Edit: Nevermind, I reset my router and it seems to have cleared up.

Edit 2: That didn't work, just got another zebra.

yup, last 30-40 mins now I have been getting kicked with Zebra errors.

Productive first day back in a week:

Bought Ice Breaker, did Nightfall, finished raid on normal, ran a quick tiger strike, and bought an exotic engram. Decrypted to the warlock bone helm thing. The fire gauntlets from 2-3 weeks ago are still better for me, but I'll keep this in my pocket.

I hate you. I've bought that stupid fucking engram 3 times now on my lock and ALL THREE TIMES it decrypted into a damn titan helm, the third time being a repeat of the Saint 14. FFS we should only get items for the class we are currently playing from those things.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hate you. I've bought that stupid fucking engram 3 times now on my lock and ALL THREE TIMES it decrypted into a damn titan helm, the third time being a repeat of the Saint 14. FFS we should only get items for the class we are currently playing from those things.

Yeah its super shitty that you can get stuff not for your class. However, I'm drunk and had a bunch of motes, so I went for it. Got cray cray lucky.

JayEH

Is anybody interested in cheesing the weekly Heroic on 28 with me?

I'm a lvl 27 Titan/Defender PS4/PSN: RedViperN7

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Got my first fan mail from crucible. This happened while playing rumble for the bounty today to finish up leveling to 20. I had come around a corner after just killing someone and I saw another person on my radar for a split second. I could hear the hunter stealth or whatever it is and I saw his gun move slightly from where I was. I threw a grenade then strafed out and killed him.

Messages he sent:
Reported hacking BITCH
Calling Sony now to report you cheating BITCH
rjrhzs.gif

Futaba

vault of glass rustles my jimmies - not the difficulty, my team have it down solid now, but the potential hidden goodies yet to be discovered.

unfortunately most people i team with get frustrated with experimenting/searching and just want to go to the next area and get their raid drops.

darthbob

Got my first fan mail from crucible. This happened while playing rumble for the bounty today to finish up leveling to 20. I had come around a corner after just killing someone and I saw another person on my radar for a split second. I could hear the hunter stealth or whatever it is and I saw his gun move slightly from where I was. I threw a grenade then strafed out and killed him.

Messages he sent:

rjrhzs.gif

oh god that .gif is so fucking perfect

grimmiq

vault of glass rustles my jimmies - not the difficulty, my team have it down solid now, but the potential hidden goodies yet to be discovered.

unfortunately most people i team with get frustrated with experimenting/searching and just want to go to the next area and get their raid drops.

Joined a group last week who just couldn't seem to get past the gorgon maze and gave up, spent about an hour just jumping around after they all left..found nothing of worth/note, but was interesting anyway.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looking for a a Raid group on Normal. I've got a 28 Hunter Bladedancer or 27 Titan defender. Really need to get this done tonight. Psn: OldKingKratos

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

There should be an achievement for just getting a team together. Replacing just one person is an undertaking. Then with all the random chat and party issues..

Seems pretty fitting that earlier in the day I was defending that Strange Coins just don't simply fall from the sky if you completed the weekly and only have one character. Here I am helping a friend get his last 3 SC to get the Icebreaker and it has been tiger strike after tiger strike with nothing on the reward or decrypt end. Ugh. Fucking ridic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom