• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish the enemies in this game were more unique and diverse. "hey, i'm an alien biped"; "hey, i'm an alien biped with 4 arms and 6 eyes"; "hey, i'm a flying alien biped"

Where are the dudes with two heads and long bodies who climb on walls? Or the big tree trunk guys who split into smaller enemies when you shoot them?

Nope, the darkness is just a bunch of colorful, goofy looking aliens who shoot pew pew guns and growl. hard to believe we lost the solar system to shanks.

Is the Gunsmith guy selling rare Fusion rifles yet?

They need to have a public alert when he does!

Desperately need to buy some.

Oh and one other thing ........ where are people getting this Moon Raid business from?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Me and Aquila are looking for people for the Raid on Normal. Someone with experience would be nice, as we're first timers but anyone is welcome. Aquila is Aquila_Red on PSN and I'm OldKingKratos.

Hands down my favourite gun in the game. The full auto is ridiculously great in pvp.

I can't see myself ever wanting to use my Regime again after getting used to this.

Are you S#$%ING ME!!?!!?

You'd give up the Regime for a hand cannon?

I loathe hand cannons. Don't see the appeal.

raindoc

Ha... Imagine not just one, but a few dozens of them flying in the boss room as adds. The true nightmare raid experience starts!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/v3a0s8L.gif

I'll print this page and eat it if that isn't the case.
In the VoG, during that last phase before you finally confront Atheon, when your team has to defend the Conflux, my job was it to take care of the Minotaurs that spawn on top of the stairs and try to sacrifice themselves. One Minotaur after the other, an endless stream.
Imagine that with Wizards.

Movie_i_see_dead_people-769472.jpg

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Picked up a new Vita today (after having my original OLED beauty stolen out of my fuckin garage by tweakers at the beginning of the summer) and before I started the flood of re-installing all my games and apps that were in my DL history on the PSN store I jumped into remote play and hit up some crucible here at work.

Played like shit (didn't get a single drop at the end tables either ... odd i thought..) but godamnit if i'm not playing destiny while closing tickets at work!! :)

Anyone else put any significant time into Remote Play with Destiny? How do you run!!???!!

blackflag

Picked up a new Vita today (after having my original OLED beauty stolen out of my fuckin garage by tweakers at the beginning of the summer) and before I started the flood of re-installing all my games and apps that were in my DL history on the PSN store I jumped into remote play and hit up some crucible here at work.

Played like shit (didn't get a single drop at the end tables either ... odd i thought..) but godamnit if i'm not playing destiny while closing tickets at work!! :)

Anyone else put any significant time into Remote Play with Destiny? How do you run!!???!!

I've used it for farming but that's about it. The controls don't work well enough for crucible or anything too difficult imo.

Abylim

Down on the d-pad is run, afaik.

It takes a little adjusting, I mostly remote play for bounties, never for pvp.

Ya know the icebreaker is great and all, and that regenerating ammo is a godsend if you're cheesing a boss fight, but overall I think the Gjallarhorn is far superior for my exotic slot. I do like 25k dmg to Aetheon with it (12-13k initial blast, loads more from rocket clusters after). It can one-shot minotaurs and prometheans in the raid, even on hard if direct hit, and it clears an entire area of enemies (think the 'summons his legions' during templar fight) just like supers do. It's like having a super ready.... all.the.time.

Gjallarhorn ftw man, so so glad I bought it when Xur had it. Fully upgraded it's godly.

Obscured

Trying to decide, lucky raspberry or voidfang vestments?

I'm kind of annoyed I can't see what stuff looks like without switching characters.

Yeah its super shitty that you can get stuff not for your class. However, I'm drunk and had a bunch of motes, so I went for it. Got cray cray lucky.

Blue engram - ALWAYS decrypts into an item for my class I'm playing

Purple engram - USUALLY decrypts into an item for my class I'm playing

Exotic engram - almost never decrypts into an item for the class I'm playing

Troll on Bungie, troll on.

Bungie...why would you make a game where content is impossible to do solo and yet provide no way for people who purchased your game to join up to complete said content?

I'm level 22. I have no mic. I just want to do a weekly strike for once in my life without rage quitting because they are meant fore fire teams.

Tfw you solo all three levels of the weekly Heroic Strike without cheesing it.
Void Burn + Void Walker + Void Rockets + Void Fusion Rifle = get rekt

vtd5tK0.jpg

Ice Breaker sniper rifle is finally mine

Trying to decide, lucky raspberry or voidfang vestments?

I'm kind of annoyed I can't see what stuff looks like without switching characters.

Neither. You'll likely use the exotic helm on your hunter.

And unless you get the raid helmet on your warlock on hard mode, you won't be able to get to 30 using the voidfang. Also IIRC voidfang was the worse of the two exotic chest pieces for warlocks. I may be wrong though.

Tfw you solo all three levels of the weekly Heroic Strike without cheesing it.
Void Burn + Void Walker + Void Rockets + Void Fusion Rifle = get rekt

Ice Breaker sniper rifle is finally mine

You do realize if you just do the weekly heroic at level 28 you get the max rewards in one go right?

Easy - 3 coins, Normal - 6 coins, but only 3 if you did easy, Hard - 9 coins, but only 3 if you did normal

So just run it on hard and get all 9 coins in one go.

You do realize if you just do the weekly heroic at level 28 you get the max rewards in one go right?

Easy - 3 coins, Normal - 6 coins, but only 3 if you did easy, Hard - 9 coins, but only 3 if you did normal

So just run it on hard and get all 9 coins in one go.

I'm aware of that but I wasn't sure if I could do the lv28 safely so I paced myself.

Level 22, easy mode
Level 26, utilized the void burn and was like a walk in the park
Level 28, Didn't realize the Hydras could teleport to the top part on the cliff and got rekt but still prevailed

I got one shotted in the Nightfall by a Hobgoblin so didn't wanna go into Lv28 remembering that

If anyone on PS3 wants to jump in on a lvl 28 weekly heroic, I'm pretty much at the end right now, cheesing my way through at lvl 26. I'm almost at the Priest now, and I'll be jumping under the balcony immediately. PSN is Swillhound if you want in.

NukeLaser

Just completed Vault Of Glass for the first time finally. Got nothing but shards/energies through the whole thing, but at the very end I got this bad boy:

I must say, the raid was the absolute best thing I have experienced in this game, easily. I don't understand why the rest of the game could not have benefited from the abundant amount of creativity and effort that clearly went into Vault Of Glass. Strikes and story missions seem like absolute snooze fests in comparison.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Is psn fucked again? Just got home and greated with the mystical spinning circle for friend lists, profile etc. Sat at the log in screen for destiny for 3 mins.

Edit: nvm restarting seems to have fixed it. Weird.

JNA

Banned
Just completed Vault Of Glass for the first time finally. Got nothing but shards/energies through the whole thing, but at the very end I got this bad boy:

I must say, the raid was the absolute best thing I have experienced in this game, easily. I don't understand why the rest of the game could not have benefited from the abundant amount of creativity and effort that clearly went into Vault Of Glass. Strikes and story missions seem like absolute snooze fests in comparison.

I know right? The raid is the only original and creative mission in this damn game and it's not even playable until you get a party of 26 or above characters. All that without matchmaking either. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom