• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cattle
Zebra
Zebra
Zebra
Baboon

All in an hour

And I am finally playing ok. Working on the void damage part of that exotic weapon bounty and I I haven't done well with it until tonight. Had 200 pts in two weeks. Went up over 80 pts tonight so far.

So for the longest time, I thought I'd focus on the Gunslinger subclass for the Hunter, since I loved the throwing knife. Not long ago I started putting XP into the Bladedancer subclass and unlocked the supercharge and other goodies.

Arc Blade is amazing.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So for the longest time, I thought I'd focus on the Gunslinger subclass for the Hunter, since I loved the throwing knife. Not long ago I started putting XP into the Bladedancer subclass and unlocked the supercharge and other goodies.

Arc Blade is amazing.

Escape Artist is my favorite part. Stab and disappear....

Mindlog

Ya know the icebreaker is great and all, and that regenerating ammo is a godsend if you're cheesing a boss fight, but overall I think the Gjallarhorn is far superior for my exotic slot. I do like 25k dmg to Aetheon with it (12-13k initial blast, loads more from rocket clusters after). It can one-shot minotaurs and prometheans in the raid, even on hard if direct hit, and it clears an entire area of enemies (think the 'summons his legions' during templar fight) just like supers do. It's like having a super ready.... all.the.time.

Gjallarhorn ftw man, so so glad I bought it when Xur had it. Fully upgraded it's godly.
Use up all your purple ammo.
Switch weapons because it doesn't matter :]

When the heavy ammo timer expires. Switch again.
That's my plan. Going to remove all of my superfluous weapons when raiding to make switching faster.

Obscured

Neither. You'll likely use the exotic helm on your hunter.

And unless you get the raid helmet on your warlock on hard mode, you won't be able to get to 30 using the voidfang. Also IIRC voidfang was the worse of the two exotic chest pieces for warlocks. I may be wrong though.

You do realize if you just do the weekly heroic at level 28 you get the max rewards in one go right?

Easy - 3 coins, Normal - 6 coins, but only 3 if you did easy, Hard - 9 coins, but only 3 if you did normal

So just run it on hard and get all 9 coins in one go.

Good point, I decided to save my coins for another day (after getting ice breaker) and bought the exotic engram with my Titan and put it in storage. Switched over to my Warlock, pulled it from storage and had him take it to the cryptarch. Unlike everyone else I actually got the exotic to decrypt for the class I was using. Now I have the Light beyond Nemesis. Looks terrible with the rest of my gear but I don't care, now my warlock is almost ready to raid.

Just got all the way to the last section of the nightfall with my level 25 titan using just the ice breaker and I just got killed by a captain in one shot before he died from my grenade. :.(

Tried Vault of Glass on Hard for the first time...well, I at least know that you can't be revived in the Templar area. Don't know about the other areas.

Obscured

Just got all the way to the last section of the nightfall with my level 25 titan using just the ice breaker and I just got killed by a captain in one shot before he died from my grenade. :.(

Those captains are serious business. Did the nightfall earlier and they just kept coming and could kill in a few very quick shots. We had to be really cautious at the entry to the area and still had a few close calls. Not sure how some of you guys cheesed that.

Use up all your purple ammo.
Switch weapons because it doesn't matter :]

When the heavy ammo timer expires. Switch again.
That's my plan. Going to remove all of my superfluous weapons when raiding to make switching faster.

Oh yeah for sure that's what I've bene doing.

Primary: Alternate between Vision of Confluence and Aetheon's Epilogue

Secondary: Alternate between Praedyth's Revenge (A loadout) and Icebreaker (B loadout)

Heavy: Alternate between Gjallarhorn (A loadout) and Hezen's Vengeance (B loadout)

Pretty much all I ever use these days. I have a legendary arc damage sniper thrown in there on the off chance that there's an arc burn and there are captains milling around during a weekly strike, but those six weapons are my bread and butter 99% of the time now.

Tried Vault of Glass on Hard for the first time...well, I at least know that you can't be revived in the Templar area. Don't know about the other areas.

You cannot revive teammates anywhere on Hard AFAIK. Sunsinger locks can self-revive though.

stuckinsecond

Neo Member
Still getting one shotted in nightfall, making it a freaking grind to rack up the fusion kills.
Mr Pockets When will you be mine :(

(in 50 more kills apparently)

Ken

Neither. You'll likely use the exotic helm on your hunter.

And unless you get the raid helmet on your warlock on hard mode, you won't be able to get to 30 using the voidfang. Also IIRC voidfang was the worse of the two exotic chest pieces for warlocks. I may be wrong though.

You do realize if you just do the weekly heroic at level 28 you get the max rewards in one go right?

Easy - 3 coins, Normal - 6 coins, but only 3 if you did easy, Hard - 9 coins, but only 3 if you did normal

So just run it on hard and get all 9 coins in one go.

To add to the anti-Voidfang discussion, I really don't think "on spawn" perks are great trigger in PVE or PVP.

Those captains are serious business. Did the nightfall earlier and they just kept coming and could kill in a few very quick shots. We had to be really cautious at the entry to the area and still had a few close calls. Not sure how some of you guys cheesed that.

Yeah that's really the tough part, especially since they hide and recover their shields.

ethomaz

Banned
Guy fast help.

- Shattered Memory Fragment
- A Voice in the Wilderness

Which one? Well I got Toland’s Legacy too but I already did Bad Juju.

became legend, now what?

gncnhFv.jpg

Meier

Tried my motes on a helm. Warlock. :( Dismantled it and got 3 ascendant shards which is nice but not great. Already have the Praxis robes in my vault sadly.

Okay, I need help. I've been working on this for an hour and a half, and hiding underneath this balcony it's gonna take me forever still. Gawd. I hate to quit now, but...

(I'm on PS3, btw)

Meier

Got a purple auto rifle tonight that I'm stoked about. Has a perk that it gets more stable the more you shoot and then the next rank up offers more stability.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
My controller died during a Nightfall Solo. I was 5 shots away from winning... I... I can't do it again. Would asking for help and getting another warm body make it too hard? I only need help taking out the Fallen Generals right before the big boss.

Are there still check points?

there are 7 just like there are on normal

checkpoint after opening the door/before templar
checkpoint after the 3 conflux waves
checkpoint after the oracles
checkpoint after defeating the templar/at the gorgon maze
checkpoint after the gorgon maze/at the jumping puzzle
checkpoint after the jumping puzzle/at the beginning of the vault of glass
checkpoint after defeating the gatekeepers/at atheon

you can respawn during the non-combat phases, but you can't be revived during battle phases until you reach a checkpoint. in some cases, it's better to wipe and start over if you're down a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom