• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenymac

My spoils from my first completed raid...
Hezen Lord boots
Hezen lord chest
9 ass mats
Exotic rocket launcher

Im happy with that haul. Getting the boots and chest works out nice because with their buffs I carry more of EVERY anmo. Now I just need that Fatebringer, Hawkmoon or Last Word.

Go in the first portal and remove 90% of boss health but don't kill him, go into next portal, kill the boss and get the relic. Come out and go back into first portal, OHK the injured boss (2 guys are enough), get the relic and come out as quickly as possible.

Edit: beaten

Do you clear the adds, or just make a run for it while taking the first down to 90%?

Nameless

Got Bad Seed Down from a blue engram. Normally pulse rifles = instadismantle but I've been vaulting them in case the weapons patch makes a drastic difference.

Hoping my Grim with rangefinder will be nerf proof to an extent, though.

If there was another loot cave I would just take my alts to the loot cave and AFK so they could level up quickly without any effort on my part. I miss the loot cave for that purpose.

Afaik you don't level up by just going afk during loot cave. There's no XP gain since its not an event, you have to kill to level up. You did get free loot though.

Do you clear the adds, or just make a run for it while taking the first down to 90%?

The adds will keep comig back, but you should clear first and second time (not third) since you have time.

panda-zebra

Just checked my stats on the Bungie site, the kills figure looks very Bungie :)

destiny-stats-77777-l2jcyh.png

yea, the total time looks... something else altogether haha

Deku Tree

Afaik you don't level up by just going afk during loot cave. There's no XP gain since its not an event, you have to kill to level up. You did get free loot though.

No that's not true. I leveled up half of my Sunsinger subclass going AFK at the original loot cave.

neoism

You can only get more coins by doing the higher levels (so 6 more max if you went straight to 28).

And if you do, expect enemies to take more than 2 mags haha

lol yeah no thanks... really a shame.. I remember when bungle games had really amazing enemy AI and it was 2-4 clips.. :( wtf happen to them :(

Patroclos

Banned
They advertised Iron Banner as "end game PvP" where your level and gear matters most. This to me says "Iron Banner is end game PvP for people at level 25 or above".

Now it's just Crucible with nice name and false advertising.

Level differences are capped at 7. TTK remains the same. There are differences though. 9 out of ten times my team loses if it includes more than one sub level 20 character. I'm level 27 and my K/D ratio is significantly higher than regular crucible. They as much as said the next one will be different.

They addressed the issue immediately. Bungie have been quite proactive and open to criticism and change in the one month since Destiny has come out. Contrast this to, simcity, diablo 3, MS Xbox One and the recent Ubi debacles. Look at how all these things have been handled and the timeframes. Seriously, I give these guys a solid 9 out of 10 as far as putting in effort to make the game better and address players. They have been doing great by any objective standard.

What's the easiest way to get 200 fusion rifle in this nightfall besides playing it? Got a second fusion rifle bounty.

I'm gonna requote myself...

Anyone looking for 200 nightfall kills, follow the objective into the cave until you hit the darkness zone. Then back out and make your way to the nexus strike. Just on the way to the courtyard there should be a massive fallen vs vex fight where they are all level 28. Then once in the courtyard, go to the left (the bit where you would go in the archive mission past the fallen captain) and in there you'll find more level 28 fallen. Quite a few there. Then after go to the first room in the nexus strike. Chock full of level 28 vex. That's like 70 kills in a single run. My rare void fusion rifle was one shotting everything including minotaurs so the only constraint you'll have is ammo.

After you clear out all three areas, hightail it back to the shattered coast. Wait around for about 20 seconds then do the run again. I did this in about 3 runs. Really fast. Just over 30 mins probs

If you fully clear left and pick up Relic from there before going to right then Relic carrier HAS TO go into right portal. People will get marked upon entry to there.

Edit:

If your party has hunter in it have him go to the left during pick up phase of tactic while having invisibility talent. It makes getting out super safe and guaranteed.

The adds will keep comig back, but you should clear first and second time (not third) since you have time.

Adds are left alive in left portal with this burn tactic.

Thanks guys! I think it should be a breeze now. We were trying bastardized versions of all of this, but never the right combination at once.

neoism

:( any you guys ever get an error from the disc version and it boot you all the way out... I fucking swear if this system is already boned.. I will go into nuclear yield.

also guys what is the best crucible rank 3 leg weapon??? should I go 77wizward or is the FINAL BOSS a good snip?

BOOM!!! It's glorious. No being sent back to orbit if you die either.

Did this yesterday. Pocket Infinity was mine within 30 minutes. The bad news is,
unleveled Pocket Infinity is hot garbage.

Gotta agree with both points here... After I got the icebreaker yesterday, I've barely even tried to level up pocket infinity. Haven't got to the full auto upgrade yet but the charge rate right now is absolute garbage. I mean it feels like a chore just using it while in patrols.

Man had a great Control match (is that even possible?!). Started off poorly and ended up losing by 5 kills, I need to carry harder next time :/

BzrV-XhIMAEMNDe.jpg:large

void666

Banned
First time i saw an afker while doing strikes. Devil's lair. He helped with the first part and then just sat there. And the other guy wasn't exactly brilliant. Took ages to bring sepiks down.

Deku Tree

First time i saw an afker while doing strikes. Devil's lair. He helped with the first part and then just sat there. And the other guy wasn't exactly brilliant. Took ages to bring sepiks down.

Hate that... There should be a way to vote afkers out of the strike and get another via matchmaking. For the harder ones it can destroy the whole mission.

Dave_6

Anyone want to do the weekly strike on the hardest difficulty later today? I'll be home from work in ~3 hours and I NEED to do it for the 9 coins! PS4 Btw.

PSN is DaveS78

panda-zebra

Oh I had no idea. So you do gain XP if someone around you is killing stuff even if he's not in your fireteam?

You do, I levelled some alt gloves earlier while drinking a cup of tea as my two fireteam members did their thing either side of my idle warlock (not the whole level, it just ticked over at that time).

Ambitious

Why the fuck does it take up to 10 minutes to send someone a simple message via PSN? The app just keeps loading, and loading, and timeouting, then you gotta restart it, timeout again, restart again, load the fucking friend list again, scroll down an inch so it loads the next five friends or so instead of the whole list at once, and this goddamn list doesn't even use the iOS standard scrolling acceleration! You know, the acceleration I don't know how many fucking millions of apps use? But not the Playstation app, nooo, they just had to use their slow-ass custom scrolling there. Aaaand timeout again. Fucking hell.

squadr0n

Hey guys I need some help with some of my gear for my Lvl 28 Warlock. Im trying to figure out which pieces I need to keep and which ones need to be replaced to hit 30. Ive been stuck at 28 for ever lol and im super close to 29 but I will have everything upgraded by then. I know for sure my gloves and leg armor are from the raid but everything else is just a guess or the best ive found so far. I bought an Exotic Helm last week and finished upgrading it and just got the Chest piece this week.

Helm:
Apotheosis Veil (exotic) light is at +30 and its completely upgraded.
or
Astrolord Hood (Legendary) light is at +18 and isnt upgraded at all

Gloves:
Gloves of the Hezen Lords (legendary) light is at +24 and still has one upgrade left

Chest:
Voidfang Vestments (Exotic) Light is at +21 and only has 1 slot upgraded.
or
Eclipse Maw VI (legendary) Light is at +25 and is completely upgraded accept for the final slot.

Legs:
Tread of the Hezen Lords (legendary) Light is at +27 and is completely upgraded accept for the final slot.

I can try and upload pics if they are needed. Basically which items should i scrap and focus on trying to find replacements and where lol? Is there a Helm thats almost as good as the raid helm that I can get for now till I can do Hardmode? Thanks for the help!

LkPr

Hey guys I need some help with some of my gear for my Lvl 28 Warlock. Im trying to figure out which pieces I need to keep and which ones need to be replaced to hit 30. Ive been stuck at 28 for ever lol and im super close to 29 but I will have everything upgraded by then. I know for sure my gloves and leg armor are from the raid but everything else is just a guess or the best ive found so far. I bought an Exotic Helm last week and finished upgrading it and just got the Chest piece this week.

Helm:
Apotheosis Veil (exotic) light is at +30 and its completely upgraded.
or
Astrolord Hood (Legendary) light is at +18 and isnt upgraded at all

Gloves:
Gloves of the Hezen Lords (legendary) light is at +24 and still has one upgrade left

Chest:
Voidfang Vestments (Exotic) Light is at +21 and only has 1 slot upgraded.
or
Eclipse Maw VI (legendary) Light is at +25 and is completely upgraded accept for the final slot.

Legs:
Tread of the Hezen Lords (legendary) Light is at +27 and is completely upgraded accept for the final slot.

I can try and upload pics if they are needed. Basically which items should i scrap and focus on trying to find replacements and where lol? Is there a Helm thats almost as good as the raid helm that I can get for now till I can do Hardmode? Thanks for the help!

Exotic gear has the same max light as raid gear - 30.

Non-raid Legendaries have a max light of 27 (thx Deku Tree)). Raid Legendaries have a max of 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom